Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
finally doing 100kg bench presses

This makes me happy. I am happy with this

I can officially bench press obese folk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

heres me getting my morning swole on ;)

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
Our gym moved all the free weights downstairs to a room that was previously used for spinning. poo poo owns, whiny old people and other losers are now in a completely different space.

No radio, but they left the speakers and amp, which you can plug a phone or player into. Unfortunately some chick hogged it first and was blaring some awful techno poo poo. You can bet your rear end there will be Slayer.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

numberoneposter posted:

heres me getting my morning swole on ;)

Hallo friend, this is me. Let us compare routines some time

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Glad to see we're a small community of "Swole Senoritas" here on this webspace. I only do bodyweight btw.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!

FogHelmut posted:

i recommend he put two plates (we only refer to "plates" here because lol at using any plate that isnt a 45) on each end of the bar, get a spot to get it off the rack if he needs it, and survive. this is a good beginner weight.

Good point. I was squatting and needed a 10lb (disc?) and had to go way over to the preacher curl chair to get one. After my set I turned around and saw 5 10lbs "plates" on each end and made a :stare: face

He also attempted 2 actual plates earlier and he didn't touch his chest with the rep and his spotters knuckles were white while actually saying "all you". After the rep the bencher told the spotter "I don't go all the way down because it's dangerous for your shoulders."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Postin' inna GBS thread about lifting when W&W is right there

I just got back into fitness (fit'niss dick in yo mouth) after a long hiatus. I'm 5'10", 28 years old and a paunchy 185. Five years ago my lifts were nothing special but I was a lean, muscular 180 and I want to be that again. I'm doing 5x5 big lifts (everything except deadlifts which I really miss but can't do them in my apartment; I do barbell rows instead) followed by isolation work generally in the 8-16 rep range. Working nights in a bar kitchen my diet is probably not as good as it could be. I am definitely getting stronger - turns out up until now I wasn't really warming up properly; now that I'm using a warmup calculator my big lifts have broken records in no time - but I feel like I could be cutting my gut out quicker. Should I stay the course with 5x5 supplemented by isolation lifts in the hypertrophy range, or is there something I should supplement my workouts with, like dumbbell complexes? I really want to go back to taking krav maga, that's the ticket but I've got to change my work schedule to accomodate night classes.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Mister Speaker posted:

W&W is loving terrible and you shouldn't post there.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

the w&w bike thread makes me want to drag myself into the street and shoot myself

its like 140 pages of pedantic bickering about tires

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

numberoneposter posted:

the w&w bike thread makes me want to drag myself into the street and shoot myself

its like 140 pages of pedantic bickering about tires

So. Goons.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
W&W is a fun place to yell at idiots :shrug:

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator
Loading up those plates like a buffet.
Fuckin gains bros.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

I just got back into fitness (fit'niss dick in yo mouth) after a long hiatus. I'm 5'10", 28 years old and a paunchy 185. Five years ago my lifts were nothing special but I was a lean, muscular 180 and I want to be that again. I'm doing 5x5 big lifts (everything except deadlifts which I really miss but can't do them in my apartment; I do barbell rows instead) followed by isolation work generally in the 8-16 rep range. Working nights in a bar kitchen my diet is probably not as good as it could be. I am definitely getting stronger - turns out up until now I wasn't really warming up properly; now that I'm using a warmup calculator my big lifts have broken records in no time - but I feel like I could be cutting my gut out quicker. Should I stay the course with 5x5 supplemented by isolation lifts in the hypertrophy range, or is there something I should supplement my workouts with, like dumbbell complexes? I really want to go back to taking krav maga, that's the ticket but I've got to change my work schedule to accomodate night classes.

5x5 is boring and strength is overrated. if you stick to the big compound lifts you're going to be thighs and a torso with toothpick arms. get on a 4x12 and take steroids

Pump it up! Do it!
Oct 3, 2012
I was going to take the elevator after doing my legs since my gym is on the sixth floor, however the fatty who goes around cleaning the gym was standing near the elevator collecting some garbage gabs so instead I took the stairs! I like fatties for the motivation they give!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Mister Speaker posted:

I was 5'9" and 185 when I started SL, did that for 3 months while doing a strict cut (I'm talking MFP and measuring every crumb to the gram) and kept it under 1800 kcal a day. That took me down to 160 but even at that weight I was probably still 10-15% bf.
So yeah it's gonna work but it's not fun and you're not going to build a lot of muscle.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Best thread, you back!

Still doing the PHUL workout, back at the gym after bullshit doctor-recommended break from training, now back in and feeling like a weak baby. All my lifts have had between 5-10kg knocked off them. :negative:

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
drat, I'd have body image issues too if I was 40lbs lighter at the same bodyfat%

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Lord Tywin posted:

I was going to take the elevator after doing my legs since my gym is on the sixth floor, however the fatty who goes around cleaning the gym was standing near the elevator collecting some garbage gabs so instead I took the stairs! I like fatties for the motivation they give!

i always take the stairs at my office and i give people smug looks when i walk past the elevators

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

FogHelmut posted:

5x5 is boring and strength is overrated. if you stick to the big compound lifts you're going to be thighs and a torso with toothpick arms. get on a 4x12 and take steroids

Four sets of twelve reps for the big compound lifts? How should I change the rep ranges of my isolation lifts to complement this?

naem
May 29, 2011

Haha crossfirt people pee their pants

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Mister Speaker posted:

Four sets of twelve reps for the big compound lifts? How should I change the rep ranges of my isolation lifts to complement this?

4x12 everything. 6 days a week. If it sounds like a lot, that's what the steroids are for.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
lift until you cant lift anymore than pound as much protein as you can every day until you get hurt

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

i'm starting to look wee swole now after doing some bullshit bodybuilding routine so i'm on babbys first cut to get my abs

cal counting hard; i just weighed my milk in grams this morning without thinking

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
My hands hurt from deadlift friction. How do I stop being a wuss.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009
do more deads

also chalk

also do more deads

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

bamhand posted:

My hands hurt from deadlift friction. How do I stop being a wuss.

Are you placing the bar inside the fold between your palm and fingers? If you hold it too high in your hand you will rub against the folded skin and possibly tear your calluses.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Deadlifts rip off the old callouses and create new ones in their place. It's like the circle of life.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
my gym was a disaster tonight. weights everywhere.

high schoolers are loving SCUM

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

high schoolers are loving SCUM

In highschool I would go to McDonalds after practice and before going home to eat dinner which was usually spaghetti and still had abs. Highschoolers are the worst.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

notZaar posted:

Are you placing the bar inside the fold between your palm and fingers? If you hold it too high in your hand you will rub against the folded skin and possibly tear your calluses.

I get some pain in the joint between my palm and finger if I place the bar right in the fold. Kind of like if you jam your finger but on the joint closest to your palm instead of the one closest to the fingertip. Think I'm gonna try some hooks later this week.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Feb 24, 2016

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs8svOg9c9o

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

bamhand posted:

I get some pain in the joint between my palm and finger if I place the bar right in the fold. Kind of like if you jam your finger but on the joint closest to your palm instead of the one closest to the fingertip. Think I'm gonna try some hooks later this week.

The pain is how you know it's working. If it doesn't feel like your fingers are being pulled out of your hand, you're not deadlifting heavy enough.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
It's only in one hand and it's a dull pain that goesn't go away even after a few days. Pretty sure it's not supposed to be happening!

wireframeskull
Dec 3, 2006

just hit a new 1 rep max!

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

Dum Cumpster posted:

Is fencing as fun as it sounds? What about the response?

Yes, absolutely. But you need decent core strength and flexibility because you're going to be holding a 4.5lbs sword out from yourself for extended periods, and many of the defensive and offensive guards require extending and retracting into odd positions.

Zahgaegun posted:

Can I legally stab someone and claim we were practicing fencing? Please hurry.

A single stab may look like an accident, but is rarely enough to kill someone outright unless you strike directly at the nrck or heart. But all fencing blades are capped and dulled, in addition to the gorget and mask covering most vitals.

Renegret posted:

Are you more of a dog person, or a cat person?

I have two cats, but grew up in a house with 3+ dogs. I like both.

notZaar posted:

What's your favorite anime?

Anime is blood.

Magic Rabbit Hat fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Feb 24, 2016

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Hit 225x4 on deadlift tonight, last time I did 185x5. Had a friend watching form and everything, my gains are coming back much faster than anticipated. I think I was up to about 285x5 when I quit working out, if I can keep flying on up to 260 or so I'll be really happy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
If you ever start to feel smug about your lifts, remember right now in China, a small woman is squatting more than you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_SSGOh2cOc

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I'm curling in the power cage. :v:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i bulked on taco bell yesterday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU