Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Latest video(s): GCPD Lockdown/Polsy

Catwoman's Revenge/Polsy

Previous Bat-LPs: Arkham Asylum - Arkham City - Arkham Origins

By contractual obligation, it's time for Batman: Arkham Knight!

It's six months after the closure of Arkham City. The Joker is dead, the crime rate is down, and everything is...quiet. Halloween is coming up, and aside from Calendar Man maybe doing his thing, what's to worry about?

Arkham Knight is the hotly awaited sequel to Arkham City. Rocksteady is back at the helm as developers, Kevin Conroy is back as Batman, and the system is as solid as ever. Combat has been revamped, the Batmobile is a thing, and Gotham is larger than ever. Not everything went off without a hitch. The game had one of the highest profile botched PC releases in quite a while, and the new mechanics are not universally loved. Luckily I'm playing on PS4 this time around so I can avoid at least one of those. I enjoy this game, I'm decent at the combat (not as much as in Arkham City, but eh), and I will finish this series.

The usual policies apply. I'll be doing 100%, I'll go through the DLCs, and :siren:NO SPOILERS:siren:. I'd prefer not to even have those winks and nods and "oh man just wait until". I assume some people are either coming into this without having played it or as Bat-virgins. Let's keep the dream alive, huh? Feel free to talk about earlier games though, they're done with.

Videos

Full Playlist

Typical Halloween/Polsy/GEMA Approved!

A Busy Night/Polsy

The Clothes Make The (Bat)Man/Polsy

Previously, in Blüdhaven.../Polsy

The Bat-Curse of ACE Chemicals/Polsy

The Predictable Cliffhanger/Polsy

Trouble In Bat-Paradise/Polsy

Fighting Firefighter Fighters/Polsy

Batman In Wonderland/Polsy

Back On The Trail/Polsy

Taking Back Miagani/Polsy

A Real Scorcher/Polsy

Just Riddler Things/Polsy

The Shadow War/Polsy

Knight Night/Polsy

The Blüdhaven Assist/Polsy

Stagg Airlines/Polsy

World's Best Boss/Polsy

A Matter Of Family/Polsy

Earning Your Wings/Polsy

Going Off-Script/Polsy

It's Easy As A-P-C/Polsy

Screwing Around, Mostly/Polsy

Under The Surface/Polsy

Full City Access/Polsy

Tanking Sucks/Polsy

The Dent Fixer/Polsy

Second Time In Theaters/Polsy

So That Happened/Polsy

The Original Dynamic Duo/Polsy

Clipping Plot Threads/Polsy

Riddle Me That/Polsy

The Man Who Was Bat/Polsy

This Little Pyggie/Polsy

City Of Fear/Polsy

The Silver Lining/Polsy

In From The Cold/Polsy

Breaking (Limbs) And Entering/Polsy

Unmasked/Polsy

A Cult. Why Not?/Polsy

An Assault Or Two/Polsy

Unmasked 2: Electric Boogaloo/Polsy

Everyone Is Wrong/Polsy

Disappointment/Polsy

Recognizance/Polsy

Bargaining/Polsy

Denial/Polsy

Acceptance/Polsy

Audio Tapes/Polsy

Extras and Errata/Polsy

The Red Hood/Polsy

Flip of a Coin/Polsy

GCPD Lockdown/Polsy

Catwoman's Revenge/Polsy

Races

Race 1: 1966 - Penguin Dockyard/Polsy

Race 2: 1989 - Joker Parade/Polsy

Race 3: 2008 - Ashes/Polsy

Race 4: 1966 - Batcave Set/Polsy

Race 5: 1989 - Cobblepot's Causeway/Polsy

Race 6: 2008 - Cataclysm/Polsy

Race 7: 2016 - Batmobile Proving Ground/Polsy

Race 8: 2016 - Waynetech Loop/Polsy

Scarecrow Nightmare

Scarecrow Nightmare 1/Polsy

Scarecrow Nightmare 2/Polsy

Scarecrow Nightmare 3/Polsy

Challenge Maps

Combat: Gotham Knights/Polsy

Predator: Revive And Shine/Polsy

Combat: Azrael's Atonement/Polsy

Predator: Terminal Velocity/Polsy

Combat: Combo Master/Polsy

Predator: Smash And Grab/Polsy

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Aug 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Gotham City Stories

Cargo 1 2 3
Fixation 1 2 3
Wonder Tower 1 2 3
Just Jack 1 2 3
Poison Chalice 1 2 3
False Dawn 1 2 3
Showtime 1 2 3
On The Prowl 1 2 3
White Noise 1 2 3
Keep Your Friends Close 1 2 3
Taking Out The Trash 1 2 3
Legacy 1 2 3
Change Of Heart 1 2 3
Lab Rat 1 2 3
Prodigal 1 2 3
Fallout 1 2 3
The Trap 1 2 3
Power Play 1 2 3
Burn Notice 1 2 3
Social Outcast 1 2 3
Down The Rabbit Hole 1 2 3
Critter 1 2 3
Masquerade 1 2 3
Contingency 1 2 3
The Mission 1 2 3
Resolutions 1 2 3
Dollotron 1 2 3
Faithful Servant 1 2 3
Homecoming 1 2 3
Frozen Out 1 2 3
Payback 1 2 3
Revenant 1 2 3
Scar Tissue 1 2 3
Guardian Angel 1 2 3
The Fall 1 2 3
A Close Shot With Deadshot 1 2 3
Office Romance 1 2 3
The Demon's Head 1 2 3
Visiting Hours 1 2 3
Wallflower 1 2 3

Showcase Images

1966 Batman
1966 Robin
1966 Catwoman
1966 Combat Batmobile
1966 Race Batmobile
1989 Batman
1989 Race Batmobile
2016 Batman
Classic Harley

Profiles

Batman
Information - Bio - Attributes

The man of the hour. Gotham's in some pretty deep poo poo this time, and he's here to clean up the streets.

Bruce Wayne

Still a better disguise than Clark Kent. Supplies a lot of good poo poo to GCPD.

Scarecrow

Finished the job Killer Croc started on his face. Voiced by John Noble, a.k.a. that guy from Fringe!

Commissioner Gordon

Seems to have lost muscle mass since Arkham Asylum. Probably out of his depth.

Oracle

Commissioner Gordon's daughter, Barbara Gordon. Still crippled. Still smart as hell. Has a thing with Robin.

Alfred

The Wayne family butler. Not as sassy as he could be, sadly, but still absolutely loyal.

Poison Ivy

Not very interested in Scarecrow's plan. Not very interested in these dumb meat sacks either.

Aaron Cash

Still the baddest rear end. Properly working at GCPD. Could probably take care of Scarecrow single...handedly.

The Riddler

Delightfully neurotic this time around. Less Jigsaw, more unhinged.

Jack Ryder

Rarely has so much :smug: been captured in one picture.

Lucius Fox

The source of all of Batman's wonderful toys.

Robin

We're still on Robin #3, Tim Drake. He is dating Barbara, as compared to it being Dick Grayson in comic continuity.

Arkham Knight

And then there's this guy. Has a game named after him. Knows Bat-things.

Joker

If you don't know him in this series by now then UHHHH I don't know what to tell you.

Christina Bell

Joker's obsession with Batman, taken to an extreme.

Johnny Charisma

Joker's sense of showmanship, taken to an extreme.

Albert King

Joker's violence and sadism, taken to an extreme.

Henry Adams

Joker's...wait, this guy seems pretty normal. Joker's cure?

Chief Underhill

The missing Fire Chief of Station 17. Seems to be a big hit with his fellow firefighters.

Catwoman

A damsel in distress. How empowering!

Kirk and Francine Langstrom

I feel like WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE is an accurate description of a lot of Batman's villains.

Firefly

He's back, he's still on fire, and he's still flinging around puns.

Penguin

Still rocking the broken-bottle-in-his-eyesocket chic from Arkham City.

Nightwing

Batman Junior! Don't call him that though. He'll get pretty pissed off.

Simon Stagg

CEO of Stagg Pharmaceuticals. A people company!

Two-Face

Duality, coin flips, scarred face, you know the story by now. He's robbing banks!

Batgirl

Before the fall, you might say. This game would probably be better if she was in it more, that DLC was pretty good.

Harley Quinn

Shockingly competent after Joker's left the scene. Maybe someone was holding her back?

Jason Todd

Probably the most disliked Robin, considering he was voted off. I still think Stephanie Brown did a worse job.

Hush

Well that went quickly. HI HUSH BYE HUSH

Azrael

That could have gone worse, really!

Manbat

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DOOOOOONE

Professor Pyg

It's like someone looked at Mr. Zsasz and said "we can do better". I'd say he's cut your skin off and wear it kind of creepy, but Batman already has one of those villains.

Red Hood

Everyone who knows some stuff about Batman probably saw this one coming.

Deacon Blackfire

Callouts to C-listers like this guy are something I've always liked about the Arkham series.

Deathstroke

He's back. Don't get your hopes up.

Thomas and Martha Wayne

Still dead.

Vicki Vale

I guess this qualifies as a cameo? She's pretty much just there for the ending and...that's it.

dscruffy1 fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Jul 20, 2016

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
I have played roughly 15 minutes of this game, after which I proceeded to delete it from my PC due to the fact that it was on my PC and I could not play it as a result. Consequently, I am very glad that this LP is finally underway and that it is spoiler-free.

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer
Well drat, and I just bought it at 66% off.
Guess it's play-along time. Well, provided the game deems my computer worthy of running it.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?
I wonder why the officer at the beginning expected a power struggle after the Joker's death. I didn't really think the Joker was known for his organized crime? Like what power gap does a thief and mass murderer leave? Was he known for his extortion or drug dealing?

And by 100% do you mean what the game defines as 100% or everything with a completion percentage attached? Cause I noticed you have a file at 103%

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I laughed out lout at "who taught you to drive" and now everyone is watching at me funny. Hope you're happy.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

FicusArt posted:

And by 100% do you mean what the game defines as 100% or everything with a completion percentage attached? Cause I noticed you have a file at 103%

The 103% is from partially doing New Game+, I'll be doing 100% on a basic New Game.

cokerpilot
Apr 23, 2010

Battle Brothers! Stop coming to meetings drunk and trying to adopt Tevery Best!

Lord General! Stop standing on the table and making up stupid operation names!

Emperor, why do I put up with these people?
I am amused how little Ivy bothers resisting batman.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

John Noble is also that guy from Sleepy Hollow, which is where I know him from! He's great in that and I got excited when I learned he was voicing Scarecrow.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So are you going to be doing all the DLC post-game, or sprinkling it in where appropriate, since one or two bits take place before the game? Also, any chance of going over the intro again when the game is done and pointing out all the foreshadowing? There's a few bits that will be obvious to most, but I'd be interested to see what else is in ther.

Waffleman_ posted:

John Noble is also that guy from Sleepy Hollow, which is where I know him from! He's great in that and I got excited when I learned he was voicing Scarecrow.

Also Denethor from LotR, but anyone familiar with Fringe won't see him as anything other than Walternate gone full supervillain.

FicusArt posted:

I wonder why the officer at the beginning expected a power struggle after the Joker's death. I didn't really think the Joker was known for his organized crime? Like what power gap does a thief and mass murderer leave? Was he known for his extortion or drug dealing?

I always thought it was less a power struggle in that sense, more that they were waiting for someone to step up and proclaim themselves as the biggest badass on the block, which would inevitably set the whole thing off. Though a lot of the Gotham underground believes that Batman murdered the Joker to begin with, which is probably why crime was at an all-time low until Scarecrow started his thing.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
I'd be amazed to see the GCPD emergency response manual, considering how quickly they got that bus convoy readied and shuttling out citizens. I know that they needed to clear the streets of innocent bystanders so Batman isn't going around running over people, but come on! 6 million people in less than a day?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Blastinus posted:

I'd be amazed to see the GCPD emergency response manual, considering how quickly they got that bus convoy readied and shuttling out citizens. I know that they needed to clear the streets of innocent bystanders so Batman isn't going around running over people, but come on! 6 million people in less than a day?

It's Gotham City, they're probably used to stuff like this happening.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Blastinus posted:

I remember a lot of people arguing about that, but let's face it, if any city could clear out 6 million people in less than 24 hours, it'd be Gotham. And maybe Keystone, but only if the Flash really put his mind to it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

So are you going to be doing all the DLC post-game, or sprinkling it in where appropriate, since one or two bits take place before the game? Also, any chance of going over the intro again when the game is done and pointing out all the foreshadowing? There's a few bits that will be obvious to most, but I'd be interested to see what else is in there.

I'll be tossing in some of the DLC as it's appropriate, otherwise most of it takes place post-game. No promises on the intro part, it seems easy to do but I seem to get bizarrely exhausted of games once I've finished the actual gameplay in them. At least, the gameplay as far as I plan on doing it for LP purposes.

Waffleman_ posted:

It's Gotham City, they're probably used to stuff like this happening.

I would think this is the answer, especially considering stuff from the comics. No Man's Land comes to mind.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Blastinus posted:

I bet waynetech was involved

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Since this is Gotham City, the city-wide evacuation is likely just another friday for the populace. :v:
I'm really looking forward to this LP since the issues the game had on PC convinced me to avoid it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Does your spoiler policy encompass earlier games in the series?

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Discendo Vox posted:

Does your spoiler policy encompass earlier games in the series?

Nah, go for it on earlier games. I've got those linked in the OP so if people don't want to get spoiled on that they should probably check those out first. If they somehow aren't already familiar.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

So this annoys me: Batman's whole shtick is supposed to be non-lethal - he'll break every bone in your body but you'll live. Whether you want to is another matter entirely.

But those are rockets your vehicle fires, as in explosives and death and carnage and good old ultra-violence. There is no way you don't kill dozens of people this way yet the narrative still tries to shove the bullshit "no kills" down your throat like it's the latest treat. It pisses me off - go non-lethal or just forget the whole "no kills" and go full-hog murder. This middle ground is just annoying.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

double nine posted:

So this annoys me: Batman's whole shtick is supposed to be non-lethal - he'll break every bone in your body but you'll live. Whether you want to is another matter entirely.

But those are rockets your vehicle fires, as in explosives and death and carnage and good old ultra-violence. There is no way you don't kill dozens of people this way yet the narrative still tries to shove the bullshit "no kills" down your throat like it's the latest treat. It pisses me off - go non-lethal or just forget the whole "no kills" and go full-hog murder. This middle ground is just annoying.

All of the enemy tanks are robot drones. Oracle specifically says so when you first encounter them.

Yes, it's stupid, but hey.

Dooky Dingo
Feb 17, 2011

Gym badge day is a VERY dangerous day!
I got really mad about that in the latest batman movie too.
The fact that Batman doesn't kill people is an actual PLOT point, with Catwoman even commenting, "Maybe you need to rethink this whole 'no killing' thing".
Like, a scene later, batman opens fire with the bat-copter and straight up murders the driver of a truck.
Shoots him right in the chest.
No one says a loving WORD about it. It's just completely dropped.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Dooky Dingo posted:

The fact that Batman doesn't kill people is an actual PLOT point, with Catwoman even commenting, "Maybe you need to rethink this whole 'no killing' thing".
Like, a scene later, batman opens fire with the bat-copter and straight up murders the driver of a truck.

maybe catwoman actually got to batman and he did rethink it

sounds like maybe batman did some real growing up there

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Maybe the driver survived the impact to the truck and was just knocked unconscious (and bleeding out)? Of course he would've died when he was then shoved out of the truck... but that technically wasn't Batman's fault.

It's a shame this game was such a technical train wreck on the PC, it actually looks like the most interesting of the series. I always kinda liked the comic book/Val Kilmer-era movie inspired look Gotham has to the realistic 'nope, Gotham is New York' version in the new movies. Looks like a fun place to explore, shame I won't be able to do it myself but I am looking forward to seeing more.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I like Poison Ivy being just "ugh who cares about anything" instead of plant puns and flirting and MY PLANTBABIES.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yesss I'm so pumped for this. :allears:

double nine posted:

This game nudges the "no he totally killed that guy but it's ok his vitals says 'unconscious' " line even harder than previous Arkham games and it's great.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 24, 2016

Mr. Highway
Feb 25, 2007

I'm a very lonely man, doing what I can.
I'm not sure how I feel about this game. It was fun and I did enjoy playing it for the most part, but something about the combat just felt off. The soft lock-on never seemed to target the enemy that I wanted to target. Multiple times, I would try the disarm and break attack on some enemy with a gun or a knife or a stun prod, and then Batman would zip across the arena to knock the least threatening box out of the least threatening mook.

TCat
Oct 10, 2012

I'll save you the time and call myself a loser

Dooky Dingo posted:

See here's my problem with that is the whole not killing thing is supposed to prove he's better than the criminals he faces and was more something he developed over time not just because MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEAAAAAD like the reason there's the "Batman doesn't use guns" argument, which has been confirmed multiple times to be bullshit and not the actual reason he doesn't use guns. Or at least it's not the reason I accept he doesn't use guns, I'm more a firm believer of the Batman Odyssey logic where when he was younger he used them with non-lethal rounds but realized that having a gun makes people more likely to shoot you and try to be accurate than if you're just an unarmed rear end in a top hat in a bat costume doing Judo.

The problem is people that write and create Batman stuff while hammering that in don't actually take into account what would be lethal because they're too busy doing the cool way out of laziness. If Batman had a helicopter with a gatling gun he'd load it up with like rounds that he could shoot the street with to cause some kind of sticky fluid and stop a truck, not just plain normal rear end bullets. But because Frank Miller made a gritty what if future where he's an angry hermit coming out retirement using sniper rifles and killing people because he has no choice, everyone is like "well gently caress it then, let's just put a sticker that says I don't kill on it then just throw normal poo poo in there, nobody will notice". So what you get is instead of Batman, the loving Punisher if he had a delusional complex where he said "nah they just became unconscious", and considering even the 90s Spider-Man cartoon version of Punisher with laser weapons because Normal Guns and Death is censored....still tried to kill people and admit to it, so that makes the Batman thing even stupider.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Blastinus posted:

Bruce Wayne owns the internet by creating Web 3.0. He can money his way into making regular citizens get the gently caress out by just reminding what sort of crazy poo poo's happened before.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

is this game still unplayable garbage on PC?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
No, it's been mostly fixed.

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.

TCat posted:

See here's my problem with that is the whole not killing thing is supposed to prove he's better than the criminals he faces and was more something he developed over time not just because MY PARENTS ARE DEEEEEEAAAAAD like the reason there's the "Batman doesn't use guns" argument, which has been confirmed multiple times to be bullshit and not the actual reason he doesn't use guns. Or at least it's not the reason I accept he doesn't use guns, I'm more a firm believer of the Batman Odyssey logic where when he was younger he used them with non-lethal rounds but realized that having a gun makes people more likely to shoot you and try to be accurate than if you're just an unarmed rear end in a top hat in a bat costume doing Judo.

The problem is people that write and create Batman stuff while hammering that in don't actually take into account what would be lethal because they're too busy doing the cool way out of laziness. If Batman had a helicopter with a gatling gun he'd load it up with like rounds that he could shoot the street with to cause some kind of sticky fluid and stop a truck, not just plain normal rear end bullets. But because Frank Miller made a gritty what if future where he's an angry hermit coming out retirement using sniper rifles and killing people because he has no choice, everyone is like "well gently caress it then, let's just put a sticker that says I don't kill on it then just throw normal poo poo in there, nobody will notice". So what you get is instead of Batman, the loving Punisher if he had a delusional complex where he said "nah they just became unconscious", and considering even the 90s Spider-Man cartoon version of Punisher with laser weapons because Normal Guns and Death is censored....still tried to kill people and admit to it, so that makes the Batman thing even stupider.

'I don't have a gun, so the bad guys should be less accurate,' sounds a lot dumber then the 'I won't use a gun because that's what killed my family' angle.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

That was kind of dumb I noticed. When the batmobile launched a HEAT round at the tank, I was thinking "no way that didn't kill someone" and they immediately say "remote controlled" or "drone" tanks or whatever are in the city.

I haven't seen much anti-tank field test videos or anything, aside from maybe a depleted uranium spear decades ago, but I'm pretty sure the energy released in blowing up a tank would be enough energy to kill someone like 6 feet away from it.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

FeyerbrandX posted:

That was kind of dumb I noticed. When the batmobile launched a HEAT round at the tank, I was thinking "no way that didn't kill someone" and they immediately say "remote controlled" or "drone" tanks or whatever are in the city.

I haven't seen much anti-tank field test videos or anything, aside from maybe a depleted uranium spear decades ago, but I'm pretty sure the energy released in blowing up a tank would be enough energy to kill someone like 6 feet away from it.

Explosives are not safe things to throw around in urban environments. A fragmentation grenade has a wounding radius of 15 meters, but the shrapnel it throws around can kill people at hundreds of meters or more.

And of course, what happens if you miss with even a 'non-lethal' grenade round like smoke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-k4i0JBs8E

Toes
Dec 6, 2011

Clods to the left of me,
Bookahs to the right.
I think the developers thought the idea of driving a bat tank around Gotham blowing up other tanks was a cool idea. Maybe we should just leave it at that?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

yay, I've actually been waiting for this since your previous Arkham LPs were great :)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I enjoyed this on my console of choice, which nobody here will ever guess. It's really amazing they couldn't whip the PC version into respectable shape, which is a shame. It's fun.

I was playing RYSE (because it was a gift) and all I could think of, despite the very nice graphics, was "why isn't this Roman guy more like Batman." When Rocksteady is on their game, they're really on it.

Not super thrilled with the Bat-Tank, but it wasn't as bad as complainers on the Internet would have you believe. It has some neat uses, such as the sandbag combo, which is great for getting rid of guys you've forgotten the exact counter for.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Fat Samurai posted:

I laughed out lout at "who taught you to drive" and now everyone is watching at me funny. Hope you're happy.

I laughed for like 10 seconds and then had to go tell my roommate who barely knows what LPs are about that one. He got it and chuckled for a while too.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Toes posted:

I think the developers thought the idea of driving a bat tank around Gotham blowing up other tanks was a cool idea. Maybe we should just leave it at that?

I have a tendency to rationalize plotholes and dumb things in games away with my own interpretations. I guess it comes with not being very knowledgeable about comic books because 'I drove into someone and this force-field shocked them and sent them flying and now they're unconscious' seems about as believable as the woman who's part plant and the guy who's body temperature is below freezing and the man made of sentient clay.

Basically I just assumed people in the Batman universe were extremely tough and rolled with it. Which is why I was miffed when I couldn't knock them off buildings in Arkham City.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

MJ12 posted:

And of course, what happens if you miss with even a 'non-lethal' grenade round like smoke?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-k4i0JBs8E
I would've used other examples than a 40mm 203 round hitting someone in the head at high speed, but the point is still valid: after all things like flashbangs, bean rounds and tasers are classified as less-than-lethal rather than non-lethal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Psychotic Weasel posted:

It's a shame this game was such a technical train wreck on the PC, it actually looks like the most interesting of the series. I always kinda liked the comic book/Val Kilmer-era movie inspired look Gotham has to the realistic 'nope, Gotham is New York' version in the new movies. Looks like a fun place to explore, shame I won't be able to do it myself but I am looking forward to seeing more.

Gotham from the Batman: The Animated Series will always be the best representation, in my opinion. With the Tim Burton movies as a close second. And the comic books, of course.

It's dark, gothic, very 30s, yet always on a similar or slightly advanced technological level compared to the real world. Technology and social norms have progressed from the original late-30s setting, but aesthetics and style stayed the same. So you have all kinds of near-future technology, but people still wear suits and dresses and hats.

I just love the whole setting, and the Nolan movies threw away all of that :(

E: Actually, if Nolan had just stuck with his Chicago-like Gotham City that he had in Batman Begins, it would have been fine. Like a darker version of the Chicago seen in The Blues Brothers, almost.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 24, 2016

• Locked thread