Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Watrick posted:

I liked Ginger until I watched Untucked. After that I couldn't stand her. A buddy of mine loves her, but hasn't watched Untucked. I wonder if his perception would change if he watched it.

I was pretty much the same. Started off really liking Ginger but her personality kinda wrecked it for me. My wife, to her credit, thought Ginger was a shady bitch from day 1. No idea how she knew, but there you go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Kim Chi doesn't seem so happy in all the intro videos. I hope she wasn't eliminated first and is pissy the day after. They apparently make those intro videos after the first challenge.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Well, according to Reddit's Nancy Drews she is definitely not the first to go. Also the first challenge is always a fashion challenge, no way in hell Kim Chi gets last place on that.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Getting ahead of the new season, Katya presents:

DRAG 101

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goaDaCtpxqQ

So glad to have her back doing videos again. That means we'll be getting the main show on Mondays, Katya on Tues/Thurs, and new Willam on Friday. Sold.

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?
I'd watch Katya talk about anything. :allears:

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Lectures AND Labs oh my! :allears:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Supertrailer's here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7GfhLOSMk0

I think they're setting Derrick up as the goat.

I think Acid Betty sticks around longer than I would've expected given her MTQ.

I think both Cyn-tia and Laila are not long for this world. :(

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
If I wasn't sold on Bob before, I sure as hell am now.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

RuPaul came out in the Muppet Show this week. It was awesome. Y'all should take a peek.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

spite house posted:

Supertrailer's here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7GfhLOSMk0

I think they're setting Derrick up as the goat.

I think Acid Betty sticks around longer than I would've expected given her MTQ.

I think both Cyn-tia and Laila are not long for this world. :(

Acid Betty and Kim Chi look like they will serve amazing looks this season. Like better than anything we've seen in a long time.

Was Laila even in the trailer? She's the only one I couldn't spot. :( Robbie also has been conspicuously absent in a lot of promos.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
In the usual fashion the slightly obsessed reddit sub has already discovered the top 6.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

In case anyone still hasn't realized how sickening Phi Phi is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCAxoYEn4WD/

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
That was pretty good, but this is perfection.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Gurl. How is neither of those links leading to this one I can't even

Bonus: Bob being Bob. :allears:

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

:swoon:

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

gandlethorpe posted:

In case anyone still hasn't realized how sickening Phi Phi is.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCAxoYEn4WD/

Has her personality improved at all? I really haven't been following. Last I heard, she was still going around milking her rivalry with Sharon, autographing photos saying, "gently caress Sharon"

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Nihonniboku posted:

Has her personality improved at all? I really haven't been following. Last I heard, she was still going around milking her rivalry with Sharon, autographing photos saying, "gently caress Sharon"

The last thing I saw of her was in one of those wowpresent's 'couples for cash' videos. Still gave off a very angry vibe, which makes her really hard to like.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

graynull posted:

The last thing I saw of her was in one of those wowpresent's 'couples for cash' videos. Still gave off a very angry vibe, which makes her really hard to like.

We might get her in All Stars 2?

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Nihonniboku posted:

By all recent accounts she's done a complete 180 (and I personally believe at least 50% if not 100% of the bitter Betty-ness was purposefully played up for the camera/audience to snatch that limelight)

HatchetDown
Jan 6, 2007

Jesus, Nemo you alright?! Spaz! .... Stop Smiling!

Propaganda Machine posted:

That was pretty good, but this is perfection.

Holy poo poo why have I never been to PhiPhis Instagram? That whole 365 Day project is awesome!

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Have you all seen this instagram yet? It's amazing! https://www.instagram.com/rupaws_drag_race/?hl=en

Also, Katya has a new video up!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebQ0ne03FMQ

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

The big NYC premier event was last night, and recordings of the first half of the first episode are circulating around, as well as plenty of videos of the queens chatting impromptu at the event.

Everyone is so fantastic, charismatic, and creative. I'm in love with them all and I'm so happy that it looks like Season 7 was a one-off incident.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Miss Fame painted Willam again for her channel

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I just discovered Acid Betty's Instagram. Please, Baby Jesus, it's too much. I don't know if there's enough room in my heart to have so many favorites.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

First episode up until the lipsync was shown at the LA Premier earlier this week, so it's up and floating around now. :ninja:

Thoughts on the queens, their fashion, and their edits, because drat this show is not subtle:

Bob The Drag Queen: Got a top 4-style conversation during her Werkroom discussion with Ru introducing herself, hitting all the right notes. Style was on point, but being given safe seems like they don't want to overexpose her and make it super obvious à la Bianca.

Laila McQueen: She's being portrayed as super clueless Sasha Belle style. She's not actually that bad, but she's probably not long for this world. Especially irritating since her interviews at the premiers have shown she's likable and with it, but only one super young queen (EDIT: who's rough around the edges fashion-wise) is allowed to get too far on this show and that's Adore.

Dax!: Love her but her edit is so non-existent that she's almost certainly going out somewhere in the middle. Which is disappointing because her creativity and personality are clearly super interesting.

Cynthia Lee Fontaine: Haha, got just about as much screentime as Dax! but because she has so much freaking energy she immediately grabbed the spotlight with her craziness.

Kim Chi: Hello "my mom doesn't know I do drag!!" storyline. Top 4 edit and no wonder, her fashion is really unbelievable and she's a total sweetie. Getting screen time where the judges gush over how she's a nerd doesn't bode well for Dax!, who's billed herself as the "queen of the nerds".

Naysha Lopez: The judges shat all over her photoshoot and I can't even really remember her outfit, she's definitely an early out.

Robbie Turner: She's actually really funny and her outfit's not actually that bad, but her edit is really strongly reminding me of the way they portrayed Tempest as an older comic who's not that great at fashion and therefore has no shot. She'll survive this episode but not sure how long she's going to stick around.

ChiChi DeVayne: Got lots of Werkroom footage, super sweet. Also felt pretty "introductory" without going too deep, she's definitely sticking around but we don't have enough info to know if she'll be able to go all the way.

Naomi Smalls: She's got a very Twiggy kind of frame and I actually really like it and her fashion. She has a low energy personality, though, so she instantly got painted with the low confidence brush Trinity K Bonet style. Luckily she has a lot more self-esteem than TKB, though, but I'm already eyerolling at the "break out of your shell!!" that's going to be directed her way when it's totally unnecessary.

Acid Betty: :siren:Villain edit:siren: She seems perfectly happy to oblige and get on that PhiPhi O'Hara express train to the top 4. Luckily she has real, serious, crazy artistic skills so it won't be nearly as annoying as the other times they've tried this.

Thorgy Thor: Got lots of screentime and the start of a set-up for a rivalry with Acid Betty considering she was designated safe. Super cheery, bubbly personality and good fashion. Given her number of confessionals she's sticking around for some time.

Derrick Barry: It's everything anyone thought it would be. The judge's panel was especially funny because Michelle jumped straight to her "SHOW US WHO DERRICK IS" spiel and Ru basically responded "Uh that's great Michelle but I want to see more Britney too because that illusion is incredible". His fashion will improve a lot once he can get access to his warddrobe, definitely sticking around, probably to the top 4.

EDIT: On the whole the season's everything we could ever ask for, and everyone continues to be fantastic even if the reality TV gears are really starting to show just because it's been around so long and used the same format every time. But yay! :dance:

Combed Thunderclap fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 3, 2016

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Thanks for that write up! I can't wait for this season to start already!

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

And Logo's got a Drag Race marathon playing all seven seasons until Monday's new episode. I totally forgot that Barbara Walters soft focus camera lens dominated that first season.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

Fresh Like Zafo posted:

And Logo's got a Drag Race marathon playing all seven seasons until Monday's new episode. I totally forgot that Barbara Walters soft focus camera lens dominated that first season.

I miss NIna Flowers... LOCA!!!

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

Pinwiz11 posted:

I miss NIna Flowers... LOCA!!!

Nina Flowers during that vogue off was the best thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I hope the new season floods my basement...

• Locked thread