Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

UserErr0r posted:

A long event time + lower car count might lead to more ties as people get to the harder to find cars. The benefit of having a short timer and a long car list is there's the opportunity to see each team bring in a different assortment of vehicles.

There should at least be a rule about not camping immediately outside the parking lot. It hasn't been much of an issue yet, but it could be.

It might help to have one player (or two) on standby. Someone who helps verify cars at the capture zone, but if someone crashes or desyncs, they quickly join a team and help them (with no bias towards any team) until the original player returns.

I'd try hosting some time, but I can't identify what a lot of the cars are just from looks. The ones everyone drives are easy to identify, but most of those are update cars, and don't spawn in traffic. Now if we changed it to like "red muscle car" or "blue 4-door", that would be a lot easier to identify cars with.

edit: can't spell when in a hurry

I do think an hour is better for this, it gives time to actually go for the pain in the rear end vehicles rather than just concentrate on the easy stuff. Plus, half an hour just felt too short for the amount of hassle getting the teams organized :v:

Agreed about camping and the standby idea is a good one, the car counter really needs an assistant or two and that's definitely something they could do.

I'd love you to host and I hope you get your mysterious disconnect problem solved so you can; I was very worried I'd crash during the event and stall things until I could get back, and as well as that relogging would have ruined the PV hunt that became so important. On the other hand, if you're hosting you get to choose the list so you can look stuff up and see what it looks like before hand ;) It worked for me, I didn't know what a Habenero was before seeing it on the wiki! I definitely wanted it after that because like someone said, not knowing everything immediately brought a bit of problem solving to GTA and no-one was going to know that. So while I think you shouldn't get rid of the requests for specific models, I do think the balance between specific models and more freeform "yellow car" stuff was too heavy on the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

Doubleposting on a new page, but Zigmidge and I just finished an Air Checkpoints event with only 3 checkpoints left (you just can't trust pubbies to do anything) and now I am really curious to see what the bonus for getting them all is. Hopefully one of the checkpoint events will come up in a goon-filled server soon!

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Does anyone have the Clown Van in online that knows a way to give it to other people too?

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
In a similar vein, does anyone have a Blista Compact that can somehow be transferred to others? I really want one.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

ExplodingSquid posted:

Does anyone have the Clown Van in online that knows a way to give it to other people too?

hex editor maybe? you'd be risking a ban though.

Sperglord Firecock posted:

In a similar vein, does anyone have a Blista Compact that can somehow be transferred to others? I really want one.

log into your RSC account on a last gen version of the game and play through the prologue.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Jose Mengelez posted:

log into your RSC account on a last gen version of the game and play through the prologue.

i don't have one

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
This game seriously needs a flamethrower.

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005
It would be beneficial that when the vehicle list is posted, a picture of each is as well.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

coupedeville posted:

quoting picture for this page

rockstar posted:

Here's the schedule as follows:

Friday Feb 19: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Simeon's Contact Missions plus Double GTA$ on Simeon's Import/Export requests
Saturday Feb 20: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Ron's Contact Missions plus 50% off all Blazers
Sunday Feb 21: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Trevor's Contact Missions plus 50% off Jerry Cans
Monday Feb 22: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Martin's Contact Missions plus 10% off Stilt Houses
Tuesday Feb 23: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Lester's Contact Missions plus 25% off Lester Services
Wednesday Feb 24: Double GTA$ & RP on all of Gerald's Contact Missions plus 50% off Micro SMGs and Machine Pistols
Thursday: Double GTA$ & RP on all Contact Missions in GTA Online

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Ripper Swarm posted:

I'd love you to host

You've inspired me to whip something up as well. It's not v original but I think it will be a lot of fun for everyone.

Psy890 posted:

It would be beneficial that when the vehicle list is posted, a picture of each is as well.

It already sounds like Ripper Swarm spent 2 hours doing admin duties so we could all have fun. We can do our own googling.

Psy890
Jan 18, 2005

Zigmidge posted:

We can do our own googling.

Perhaps the list could be released 3 minutes prior to game start for googling/planning.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Are people interested in a dumb poo poo playlist in GTA PS4 on Friday night? I haven't played in a while. Getting the itch.

Maybe even horsefactory?

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Sperglord Firecock posted:

i don't have one

same :smith:

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Ziploc posted:

Are people interested in a dumb poo poo playlist in GTA PS4 on Friday night? I haven't played in a while. Getting the itch.

Maybe even horsefactory?

I could be persuaded. I think. Possibly. Maybe. What kind of sexual favors are you offering if I DO?

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Ziploc posted:

Maybe even horsefactory?

I'm definitely interested, though if it's Friday I won't likely make it on til late.

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Running Lester missions tonight on PC. Also going to make a new race, not as torturous as the one we ran last night - muscles on the mountain was just too much.

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

hellfaucet posted:

Running Lester missions tonight on PC. Also going to make a new race, not as torturous as the one we ran last night - muscles on the mountain was just too much.

I'd be game for running missions if GTA wasn't actively loving me at every turn.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Ziploc posted:

i like to play video game

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

hellfaucet posted:

I'll be right there with you goonbro

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
I'm super bummed I missed out on the roosevelt as I like the 20s, but I didn't get enough cash in time to buy it. :smith: At least I got some other cool 20s gear.

titties
May 10, 2012

Nuclear Pogostick posted:

I'm super bummed I missed out on the roosevelt as I like the 20s, but I didn't get enough cash in time to buy it. :smith: At least I got some other cool 20s gear.

here nerd let me help u

Aardmania posted:

The Roosevelt appears to be back on Legendary Motorsport's page. Maybe it was just an error on Rockstar's end that pulled it off the site?

edit: The clothes and the Gusenberg are back as well

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Mokbek posted:

This game seriously needs a flamethrower.

The Fireworks Launcher is the closest we're gonna get I think.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
Flamethrowers in games are one of two things: balanced and kinda lovely and unrealistic, or realistic and probably pretty goddamn OP.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The game has a flamethrower if you're a good shot with the flare gun.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The lack of a katana is also gamebreaking and should be addressed.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I want a Stun Gun.

Did anybody else buy a Hydra, Buzzard, or Insurgent? I have $3.841M in the bank and want to buy something, but don't know if any are worth buying. I know the Buzzard spawns at times, and that's what I was leaning toward for the combination of rockets + capacity to carry other goons.

The jet I really wanted was the Lazer, but you can't buy it through Warstock.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I want a Stun Gun.

Did anybody else buy a Hydra, Buzzard, or Insurgent? I have $3.841M in the bank and want to buy something, but don't know if any are worth buying. I know the Buzzard spawns at times, and that's what I was leaning toward for the combination of rockets + capacity to carry other goons.

Of the three, you'll get the most bang for your buck in terms of usefulness with the Buzzard, followed by the Insurgent, with the Hydra a distant third. I can't remember the last time I brought out my Hydra. The Buzzard on the other hand, is invaluable for VIP missions and other stuff.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I've been enjoying my hydra all week. pew pew pew pew pew

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I want a Stun Gun.

Hyrda is probably the most fun for free mode shenanigans. Buzzard is just a good all-around thing to have, and you can instant-spawn it next to you while you are a VIP. And the Insurgent is just a huge rear end cool car, but doesn't have a whole lot of practicality over a Karuma, so you are just buying it for cool factor.

There is also the Savage to consider, it is really good as well. A bit slower than a buzzard but has a really awesome nose gun (the same 50 cal thing you get in a hydra).

So in short, all are good to have, but if you are only going to get one, probably the Buzzard because of the VIP interaction.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

The lack of a katana is also gamebreaking and should be addressed.

A katana you can use on a motorbike, thanks in advance.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

subx posted:

Hyrda is probably the most fun for free mode shenanigans. Buzzard is just a good all-around thing to have, and you can instant-spawn it next to you while you are a VIP. And the Insurgent is just a huge rear end cool car, but doesn't have a whole lot of practicality over a Karuma, so you are just buying it for cool factor.

There is also the Savage to consider, it is really good as well. A bit slower than a buzzard but has a really awesome nose gun (the same 50 cal thing you get in a hydra).

So in short, all are good to have, but if you are only going to get one, probably the Buzzard because of the VIP interaction.

Does the Savage co-pilot have access to missiles or is that still not in? Because the Savage has no missile reload time.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Ripper Swarm posted:

A katana you can use on a motorbike, thanks in advance.

While you are at it, add Night Ride FM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTfQW_nA1s8

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Does the Insurgent take more damage than the Kuruma? I've never tested the Kuruma's ability to take damage, but the Insurgent takes like ten rockets to the face without breaking a sweat.

titties
May 10, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Does the Insurgent take more damage than the Kuruma? I've never tested the Kuruma's ability to take damage, but the Insurgent takes like ten rockets to the face without breaking a sweat.

The insurgent takes a lot of explosive damage while the Kuruma gets blown up like a regular car. The Kuruma is nearly completely bulletproof, while you can get shot sitting in the Insurgent more-or-less like you will in a regular car.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Corzaa posted:

Does the Savage co-pilot have access to missiles or is that still not in? Because the Savage has no missile reload time.

Yes. Actually the problem was the co-pilot had access to missles but it broke the guns. That seems to be fixed now and you can use guns while co-pilot shoots missles.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

subx posted:

Yes. Actually the problem was the co-pilot had access to missles but it broke the guns. That seems to be fixed now and you can use guns while co-pilot shoots missles.

i think this is broken again

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

CBJSprague24 posted:

I want a Stun Gun.

Hydra is fun for loving around in Free Mode, but has limited usefulness in missions relative to a Buzzard or Savage.

Buzzard is quick and maneuverable, but the cooldown on the missiles is slow and the guns are useless.

Savage has no missile cooldown, and the nose gun shoots explosive rounds that absolutely wreck poo poo once you get decent with it, but it's kind of fragile.

Insurgent is fun in that it can take several RPG hits, and knocks poo poo out of the way really well.

I prefer my Inusrgent and Savage to my Karuma and Buzzard, personally. I also have a Hydra but I rarely use it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

There is nothing better than bowling another player towards a body of water with an Insurgent while they desperately throw everything they can at you.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Does the PC version have any player drops a billion dollars and I pick it up exploits in it? I don't want to grind out for cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

There is nothing better than bowling another player towards a body of water with an Insurgent while they desperately throw everything they can at you.

I love going to the helipad at the marina and using my Insurgent to push peoples cars into the drink.

• Locked thread