Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

My Quandary point no longer stands, given imgay's flip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I'm not convinced Max was framed, but I'm more confident in BK. His posts have been kinda out there all game. The slapfight with Ecco D2 was just plain bizarre, and I'm inclined to believe the investigation result.

I am also more confident in a BottleKnight vote today, than I am of either Quandary or SSV at this time (as others have said, the fakeclaiming vig is probably the godfather). I think it's more likely to result in us not losing the game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Logically, we vote for people other than Quandary and SSV and try to nail the other two scum in the game. If neither flips Godfather (assuming we are right both times) then we know we can't really trust the result on Quandary. If we do nail the godfather, this becomes a non-issue.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
chaoslord, do you think Max and I are both scum or do you concede the possibility of a framer?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I hope town's ready to lose the game. 3 players immediately saying they'd be fine lynching me just because of my content is not code for something. I have no idea why Max is so sure he was framed but if there is a framer and that is the reason I was copped as scum, then scum have done a pretty immaculate job wrapping up this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

I hope town's ready to lose the game. 3 players immediately saying they'd be fine lynching me just because of my content is not code for something. I have no idea why Max is so sure he was framed but if there is a framer and that is the reason I was copped as scum, then scum have done a pretty immaculate job wrapping up this game.

Because we are in the setup with a framer and I am town so unless there's a counterclaim, I was absolutely framed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Were you not paying attention to all the discussion on the previous day? They has to be a framer in this setup, along with a godfather.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

With Chaoslord claiming cop, there is no other setup we could be in.

CapitalistPig posted:

Setup 4
Godfather
Framer
Goon
Cop
Doc
1 shot vig
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT
VT

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Re-reading BK, I can see that Chaoslord was on him after he must have gotten his result, so I'm fairly certain we won't see a counterclaim.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I can't tell is BK really wasn't aware and is town or if he's feigning ignorance to look town.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Max posted:

Were you not paying attention to all the discussion on the previous day? They has to be a framer in this setup, along with a godfather.

People mentioned it, but I didn't think it was certainty. Can you pull the post for me where someone proves we're in that setup?

I don't really care about setup spec unless it's proven. Otherwise it's the wifomiest of wifom

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We had a vig night 2, plus doc and cop puts us in only one setup.

How can you not know this? There are only 4 possible setups and they're all posted in the OP.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I don't believe that he doesn't know this.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm VT, I haven't been paying attention to the layout.

I didn't see the cop claim and immediately run out to the OP to compare setups. I just play mafia.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Please don't pull that "I just play mafia" passive aggressive stuff. This dominated the discussion for all of the previous day, you're just demonstrating that you weren't paying attention in a LYLO situation.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Yeah this is ridiculous. You don't have to read the setup, you just had to be paying attention more than not at all yesterday. Framer was brought up then, it's not even a new concept to today.

If I'm wrong you can all criticize me later but I don't think I am. BK's been disconnected all game and this is just the latest example.

##vote: BottleKnight

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The paranoia that FL is scum and is just baiting a town member to vote is seeping in.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Do you think BK is framed town?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
##vote SSV still has to be scum.

While I'm hesitant to trust the cop results as well, given we have both a godfather and a framer, I do think Max is probably scum from the way he's pushing so hard in favor of SSV over me. It feels a lot like in Soldiers when we were trying to lynch QPQ in lylo and his entire team was fighting tooth and nail against it. If you look back at yesterday, the only people who very strongly opinionated about me vs SSV, aside from us two ourselves, were Max and chaoslord. It makes sense for chaoslord as he has a role related reason to believe me, but Max very strongly pushes against me and makes a very questionable case. I find it really hard to believe that a town Max would have pushed so hard without any sense of questioning, which leaves me to believe he's pushing to save his scum buddy SSV.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Why vote BK today? We know unequivocally that one of me or SSV is scum, I don't see any reason to vote someone else until one of us is dead.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Someone please read Max's posts after my vig first flipped and tell me those aren't scum trying to be sympathetic town.

Very confident that SSV/Max are two of them, and most likely either BK or flying leather man as the third, given that the game hasnt ended from flying leathermans vote.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If we find a way to nail the other two scum, we can see if either flips godfather. If the godfather flips, then yes, SSV is definitely scum. If they don't then we know we can't trust the investigation result on you.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

##vote BK because now I am certain Quandary is scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If I'm wrong, oh well.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

GG to scum if I just hosed up.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Honestly, do we even need to keep this day going? I feel like we'd have a more productive discussion once we get a scum flip on the field.

Quandary posted:

Why vote BK today? We know unequivocally that one of me or SSV is scum, I don't see any reason to vote someone else until one of us is dead.

Because from the perspective of someone who isn't me, it's a 50/50 between us two and they're a lot more than 50% confident that BottleKnight is scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SSV, I feel good about BK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Look at what Quandary is doing by the way. He knows BK is going to flip scum and is trying to set me up for the next vote.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I understand the logic of looking for the godfather, but if you're confident I'm scum why aren't you voting me? You were confident I was scum yesterday without any investigations, why does that change now? Like, we know that one of me or SSV, is scum, everyone else is just a guess. Even with the cop results they aren't confirmed given there's a framer at work

If you are confident I'm scum, you should be voting me plain and simple. You're actions make no sense as a townie.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quandary posted:

Someone please read Max's posts after my vig first flipped and tell me those aren't scum trying to be sympathetic town.

Very confident that SSV/Max are two of them, and most likely either BK or flying leather man as the third, given that the game hasnt ended from flying leathermans vote.

This post was writen from the perspective of someone that sees the BK lunch coming and knows the game is going to keep going.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh wait, we're at -2 not -1. I was holding my back vote to avoid a premature hammer just in case. ##vote bottleknight

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quandary posted:

I understand the logic of looking for the godfather, but if you're confident I'm scum why aren't you voting me? You were confident I was scum yesterday without any investigations, why does that change now? Like, we know that one of me or SSV, is scum, everyone else is just a guess. Even with the cop results they aren't confirmed given there's a framer at work

If you are confident I'm scum, you should be voting me plain and simple. You're actions make no sense as a townie.

Because I want to be 100% sure.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I am trying to set you up for the next lynch yes, because I am 100% confident that SSV will flip scum then I'll mosg likely die tonight, so I want to get my arguments on the table before that happens.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why SSV? He's clearly not getting lunched.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Do you think BK is scum?

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
BK very might (and honestly probably is) the third scum! I don't disagree on that at all, and in fact I said that already a few posts ago! Its either flying leathermans or BK by the fact that the game didn't end when flying leathermans vote when down, and given the investigation its more likely to be BK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And why in the world would scum NK you? They're clearly going to kill chaoslord.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Then vote him!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

His fakeclaim requires him to "believe" that I am 100% scum, so he is refusing to let go of his vote on me because it is more "townie" to vote for someone you know is definitely scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Max posted:

And why in the world would scum NK you? They're clearly going to kill chaoslord.

Forgot about this, you're probably right on this one.

Max posted:

Then vote him!

I AM LITERALLY ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CONFIDENG SSV IS SCUM BECAUSE HE IS CLAIMING MY VIG WHY WOULD I MOVE MY VOTE.

Max you're smarter than this.

• Locked thread