Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

What happened to vp anyway, they from red hot and then just dropped off the face of the planet

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Goofballs posted:

What happened to vp anyway, they from red hot and then just dropped off the face of the planet

VP doesn't show up until it's major time.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Goofballs posted:

Probably adderall for majors

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
They increased major prizepool to a million, fnatic gonna be even richer

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

man, NiP are really good at grenades....

Tiger Millionaire
Jan 25, 2014

He'll eat your kids and fire your parents!
I think someone's stolen my skills from me and I've gone from doing pretty well to being the worst player known to the game.

Much like the plot of Space Jam.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life

Tiger Millionaire posted:

I think someone's stolen my skills from me and I've gone from doing pretty well to being the worst player known to the game.

Dude please don't joke about space jam that's like the holocaust to us NBA fans

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
Something's updating.

I guess Valve doesn't know how to add that to the Steam interface because all I'm seeing are posts from 2012-2014.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/02/13658/

We’re pleased to announce that beginning with MLG Columbus 2016, each CS:GO Major Championship prize pool will be $1,000,000.

Thorgot
Apr 4, 2010

The Ferret King posted:

Something's updating.

I guess Valve doesn't know how to add that to the Steam interface because all I'm seeing are posts from 2012-2014.

The CSGO blog is the best resource for patch notes.

quote:

[ MISC ]
– Fixed a case where Gemini campaign mission could not get checked off in the campaign journal even when the mission was active for the player at the time of completion.
– Added engine support for up to 4096 model precache table entries.
– cl_timeout setting is now capped at 30 seconds.
– Fixed weapon_fire event for the Medi-Shot having the incorrect “weapon” sent.
– Added missing tagrenade_detonate event.
– Fixed missing alphas to resolve un-skinned areas on the following weapons: USP-S | Royal Blue, P90 | Desert Warfare, UMP-45 | Corporal, SCAR-20 | Cyrex
– Improved vert count on SCAR-20 scope
[ UI ]
– Fixed not being able to select the 5th slot when you have a bomb and medi-shot equipped.
– Fixed not being able to cycle through items in the 5th slot if you had more than 1.
– Fixed inventory UI hiding when preforming actions on items (like applying stickers) while in the lobby.
– Fixed lobby displaying incorrect player data when searching solo and using the inventory.
– Fixed sticker model panel overlapping quit lobby dialog and other dialogs.
[ GSLT ]
– User accounts will also receive a temporary cooldown when their Game Server Login Token gets banned.
The 4096 model precache table entries change is HUGE for large custom maps. The terror mapmakers near the limit feel after each content addition cannot be described. See this reddit post for details.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Your elo is going up so you're going against harder people. This is going to happen to you a lot. Do not get discouraged, just figure out what you can do to improve your engages (particularly how to engage in a way that limits what your opponent can do) and you'll be just fine.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
my good friend spiros is correct. now go continue to shoot mans better

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

My skills at counter strike have not improved in like 2 months now.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

qhat posted:

My skills at counter strike have not improved in like 2 months now.

Take a 6 month break and when you come back you'll improve every game!!

after regressing to barely above a retarded person

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
I just did pretty poorly in a silver game. I mean, we stomped them because they started trolling and just camping their own spawn.

But, my buddies felt like going after them and I just kept watching the sites. Whatever, I don't have the energy for that stupid poo poo. I didn't get a kill after the 9th round or so.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Holding sites because the other team is throwing doesn't count as "playing like poo poo" :shrug:

The Ferret King
Nov 23, 2003

cluck cluck
It was a pointless waste of time regardless. 11 kills. Woo woo.

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

did arms race come about because someone told valve they couldn't possibly gently caress up a gun game mode

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Antares posted:

did arms race come about because someone told valve they couldn't possibly gently caress up a gun game mode

It used to be fun and good.

e: Just lost a game where a hacker on the other team had the website he got the hacks from in his tag. What the hell valve.

VelociBacon fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Feb 24, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Thom and the Heads posted:

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/2016/02/13658/

We’re pleased to announce that beginning with MLG Columbus 2016, each CS:GO Major Championship prize pool will be $1,000,000.
:vince:

...Are we...are we a legitimate esport now? Are we DOTA level?

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

What makes them want to do that anyways? It's not like they had trouble finding high level teams for these events. I don't understand it as a business choice besides to maybe get into the mainstream media somewhere.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Hmmmm so the spell did work.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

What makes them want to do that anyways? It's not like they had trouble finding high level teams for these events. I don't understand it as a business choice besides to maybe get into the mainstream media somewhere.

they're making a shitload of money on CSGO and they've been under pressure to increase the prize pool for a long time

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

exethan posted:

they're making a shitload of money on CSGO and they've been under pressure to increase the prize pool for a long time

Yeah you can't put on a huge party every year for DOTA and leave CS:GO in the hands of a bunch of random Europeans and their lackluster ideas about what constitutes a prize.

Of course we could be TF2. If CS:GO is the redheaded step child, TF2 is literal Harry Potter but without the magic or escaping horrible child abuse.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

symbolic posted:

...Are we...are we a legitimate esport now? Are we DOTA level?

All 3 dota majors have a prize pool of 3 million, and TI5's was 18 million, so no not yet.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Dota is for trash people though so we have that going for us

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Again. We could be TF2.

Or even worse: Alien Swarm.

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Crain posted:

Again. We could be TF2.

Or even worse: Alien Swarm.

Natural Selection.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Tf2 is way too fun to be a esport

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

VelociBacon posted:

It's a $3m advertising budget boost. It attracts both more/harder competition and more people interested in the competition because the stakes are higher (and the competition is getting tougher).

It also makes the game look more successful / more legitimate e-sportsy by having larger prize pools.

It's not like Valve doesn't have the money to spend, either.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

qhat posted:

My skills at counter strike have not improved in like 4 years now.

Same, p. much

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

mcvey posted:

dota is a good game

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

VelociBacon posted:

Natural Selection.

im still mad at flayra

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

My skills improve whenever I spend a couple of weeks trying to do so. When I only play to gently caress around (lately) my skill probably regresses.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Up Circle posted:

dota is a good game

please dont say things like this

VelociBacon
Dec 8, 2009

Any novas up for games right now? 10:20 pacific time.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Just realized that I haven't played matchmaking in months. Inactivity + rank shifts probably means I'm silver now lol. :toot:

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Got my qck+ today. It's....well, it's bigger than I thought it'd be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

mcvey posted:

:cawg: