Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

The show-runner left? That's not encouraging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

marktheando posted:

The show-runner left? That's not encouraging.

It was amicable, also he wrote the worst episode of the season. I'm not terribly concerned.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

zoux posted:

It was amicable, also he wrote the worst episode of the season. I'm not terribly concerned.

Eh, amicable or not that could be problematic if the replacement doesn't have the same eye for a good fight scene.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

marktheando posted:

Eh, amicable or not that could be problematic if the replacement doesn't have the same eye for a good fight scene.

The review says one of the fight scenes in the new season is the best they've ever done. Stop trying to read tea leaves to arrive at the conclusion "show is bad now". Threads don't turn on shows until season 3.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

zoux posted:

The review says one of the fight scenes in the new season is the best they've ever done. Stop trying to read tea leaves to arrive at the conclusion "show is bad now". Threads don't turn on shows until season 3.

The guy in charge changing is a pretty major thing! Hardly reading tea leaves.

But allow me to reassure you that I'm still looking forward to the new season. Despite them changing the show-runner and not changing Daredevils bad costume.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

HIJK posted:

None of this is really surprising. Too bad DeKnight didn't come back, it sounds like with 14 producers, goddamn, the show loses its focus and won't be as tight.

A good chunk of those are people who just seem to automatically get Exec Producer credits on anything Marvel slaps their name on, like Stan Lee, Quesada, etc. Also remember that DeKnight himself was a last minute replacement for Drew Goddard (who is still listed as an EP), so if anything life is less chaotic than it was going into season one.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Doug Petrie and Marco Ramirez are the new showrunners. They wrote the 3,6,7,11 and 12 episode last season.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Turns out DeKnight just got tapped to direct Pacific Rim 2.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
That's still happening? I thought I heard about it being cancelled but maybe I dreamed that.

Elektra looks kinda...uhh...kinda plain to be honest.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:goonsay:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrianWilly posted:

That's still happening? I thought I heard about it being cancelled but maybe I dreamed that.

They're not gonna put her in the french cut, Brian Singer isn't directing.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

BrianWilly posted:

Hahaha that is some low effort poo poo.

I mean even the Hand ninjas were actual ninjas in S1 and not just dudes in everyday clothing. Maybe it's not her final form costume.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 24, 2016

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I am completely okay with her just being a skilled fighter in normal duds with a closed scarf pulled up over her lower face, same as I was okay with Matt just wearing some dark clothing and a bandana on his head. She might pull out an actual ninja outfit at some point, but when she does it probably won't look nearly as good since this isn't a comic and I'll be disappointed, but whatever, the outfit she has now looks good at least.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

You seem to forget what Daredevil's first "costume" looked like.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
just watched the 1st season of daredevil and holy poo poo was the finale bad. good show tho, but the showrunner just stay away from writing or directing any more episodes

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I thought it was really good personally. Maybe a bit crammed into one episode, but hey different strokes.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I think that Kingpin proposing to Vanessa as the SWAT team is bursting into his penthouse to arrest him is the perfect capstone to his manchild arc. Then the breakout sequence is a great realization of his self-acceptance and actualization.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

HIJK posted:

I don't know anything about either of the Punisher movies, which one should I watch first?

Don't. Just go read the Ennis run on Punisher. Seriously.

The last one tried the hardest but they're all loving terrible in different ways.

ED: Or play the old Xbox era game because.. well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR5zRdVGHLM
THAT'LL TEACH HIM (Skip ahead a few minutes as it gets increasingly psychotic)

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Feb 25, 2016

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mean Bean Machine posted:

just watched the 1st season of daredevil and holy poo poo was the finale bad. good show tho, but the showrunner just stay away from writing or directing any more episodes

I have good news for you...

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Blazing Ownager posted:

Don't. Just go read the Ennis run on Punisher. Seriously.

The last one tried the hardest but they're all loving terrible in different ways.

ED: Or play the old Xbox era game because.. well...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VR5zRdVGHLM
THAT'LL TEACH HIM (Skip ahead a few minutes as it gets increasingly psychotic)

I believe Kevin Nash wrestling throwing Tom Jane through walls etc deserves to be seen, as does Dolph Lungren throwing daggers with skull handles. I have the DVDs.

Also don't forget to read some classic punisher, the original 80s mini-series, the John Romita Jr run on Warzone, etc.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Trailer 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

They're called...the Hand.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

zoux posted:

Trailer 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Cn3DVV0LHY

They're called...the Hand.

goddamn I could not be more hype

Elodie's costume is terrible but she is a perfect Elektra

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Feb 25, 2016

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That second trailer is a lot better than the first. The first probably just focused on the Punisher too much. While that'll be cool, it seemed that it was limiting the scope of the show. Looks like that's not the case at all!

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.

quote:

While it’s established that the milieu is essentially R-rated territory, the beginning is so dark and brooding as to border on self-parody, with the Punisher portrayed almost as a Terminator, maiming and inflicting enough torture to feel like a Tarantino homage.

It'd be a lot easier for him to say, "I've never read a Punisher comic in my life."

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah, looks like they are going to do a lot this season.

Also Netflix trailers are typically terrible, so it's weird to see a good one.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

zoux posted:

Yeah, looks like they are going to do a lot this season.

Also Netflix trailers are typically terrible, so it's weird to see a good one.

?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xb9Ty-1frw

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I said typically. Their comedy series trailers are especially dire.

Also, it's a small change but the red eye lenses really work.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Codependent Poster posted:

That second trailer is a lot better than the first. The first probably just focused on the Punisher too much. While that'll be cool, it seemed that it was limiting the scope of the show. Looks like that's not the case at all!

The Punisher is not what I was looking forward to. The Hand is.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Danny Rand has finally been cast:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/366397-game-of-thrones-star-finn-jones-is-marvels-iron-fist

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Well he looks the part.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
America isn't ready for an Asian Iron Fist.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I mean we apparently aren't ready for Greek Wonder Woman or Elektra, so...

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

But the character isn't Asian blahblahblah....

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Maybe he'll be gay

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

If you think about it Asians are the real majority.

:goonsay:

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Hakkesshu posted:

Maybe he'll be gay

This could actually totally work. There's no reason that a billionaire playboy needs to be straight.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

No idea who this guy is but he looks perfect. Hope he can act.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

X-O posted:

No idea who this guy is but he looks perfect. Hope he can act.

They haven't hosed up casting yet.

Omnomnomnivore
Nov 14, 2010

I'm swiftly moving toward a solution which pleases nobody! YEAGGH!

Snak posted:

This could actually totally work. There's no reason that a billionaire playboy needs to be straight.

He plays a gay knight (whose whole character is, very sadly, "a gay knight") on Game of Thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like Finn Jones! That's a great choice.