Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
gently caress this I'm not going to sit in my hotel room on vacation and argue with the two scum players who are in the thread. Town, this is obvious that Max and SSV are the scum team together and I hope you see that.

I'll be back later, I'm not wasting a nice day doing this bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Haha, BK/Quandary pretty much confirmed.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

God that's such a beautiful scum rage quit.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Nothing feels better than causing a scum meltdown.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So Lord of Hats or Flying Leatherman?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quandary posted:

I AM LITERALLY ONE HUNDRED PERCENT CONFIDENG SSV IS SCUM BECAUSE HE IS CLAIMING MY VIG WHY WOULD I MOVE MY VOTE.

Max you're smarter than this.

He's talking to me as if I'm town because he knows I'm town, then immediately turns it around and calls me scum in the very next post. This is so scummy.

Lunching one scum is as good as the next, he should know this.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Chaoslord, unless you think the entire scum team is sitting on BK, we might as well do this.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Of the two, I'm leaning more towards Leatherman. Like I said in this post about his advocacy of a no lynch.

SirSamVimes posted:

If I wasn't pretty sure that the remaining scum were chaoslord and bottleknight I'd be squinting pretty hard at you hats.

And now chaoslord is an uncontested cop. The Lord of Hats feels more like an extremely unengaged town to me.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm not a fan of how Hats has basically vanished off the face of the earth recently though.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

He's about to be mod killed for inactivity in cube Mafia.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That makes me feel a bit better about him as town (though still slightly frustrated with him as a player)

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
One more post before I go: I think FL might be the third scum instead of BK. I don't think Max and SSv would bus that hard in LYLO and it makes sense if they were able to succefully frame BK they would go hard after him once chaoslord claimed it. From SSV's perspective for example, why is he suddenly so anti BK and not anti Max when both people have a scum result on them? Same from FL's perspective. I think in LYLO its valuable to look at where the voting blocks are since the scum are ones who can coordinate, and its really obvious where the voting block that's desperately looking for one more vote is.

Also, look at the tone of Max and SSV's post. Theres not a hint of doubt or fewr that they might be mislynching, instead their posts are tinged with gloating and certainty that they're voting 'right'. Towm voters don't have any sense of certainty and it shows in their posts near lylo - townies are afrisd to put a vote down, afraid to make a wrong opinion and mislynch or look dumb. Max and SSV (and FL, with his vote on BK) have no sense of that in their posts. They know exactly who is what alignment and know exactly who they want to lynch.

It's SSV, Max, and FL I'm fairly confident.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah. I actually think he's town. He was a lot more engaged as scum in the soldiers game. I think he might have newbie town jitters.

I don't want to commit to that though. I feel confident BK is gonna flip scum. I have no problem voting Quandary tomorrow, honestly.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Go enjoy your nice day, Quandary.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So Quandary, you don't think BK is scum now?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Come get some town cred and lunch BK, Quandary.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
This game is so slow, I can't believe you actually expected me to expend the effort at LYLO. I'm done with this game, whatever.

##vote BK

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
:redhammer:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Look at you early hammerers.

You are Squire Bottle Knightsbury

You are a goon

You win when 50% of the remaining players are scum.

Bottleknight - Scum aligned goon was killed on day 4.

It is now night 4.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
chaoslord - Grand Cleric Murmuries Twinnonite - Town Cop was killed on Night 4!

You are Grand Cleric Murmurius Twinnonite

You are a Cop and may choose to investigate one person each night to investigate.

You win when all threats to town are eliminated.

It is Day 5.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 5

Not Voting (6): BottleKnight, Flying Leatherman, Max, Quandary, SirSamVimes, The Lord of Hats

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. There is currently no deadline set.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

BottleKnight posted:

On a reread, I don't get how you think any of that Max.

That whole "I think his scumbuddies would've come to defend him" is the WIFOMiest part of your case, not the "I expect a better defense."

I actually agree with this Quandary post

and even though chaoslord is wrong I think he has the right choice. Consider my vote on vimes, but I don't wanna gently caress up the game and actually vote like chaoslord.

##vote Quandary

Max
Nov 30, 2002

You should update the votefinder, it still thinks BK is alive.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
##vote SSV

Everything I said yesterday still stands, with the exception that Max and SSV apparently were bussing BK when I didn't think they would so it. It's clever though, as now they look more cleared.

Still though, read Max and SSVs posts yesterday Hats and Leatherman. Theres not a bit of doubt in anything they post because they know who the scum are.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm sorry that you have such a weak narrative to work with.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And I'm sorry you rolled scum. I kinda wanted to be on the same side as you once.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
I mean look at that. I know SSV is scum because of the vig claim, is Max was town he would know nothing. And yet his posting is certain beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am scum and not SSV. Townies simply aren't that certain, they hem and haw and aren't sure and hesitate.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

scumteam: quandary/bottleknight/flying leatherman imo

look at how quandary tried to move the vote off bottleknight.

##vote Quandary

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
##vote Quandary

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
:hammer:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

:redhammer: redhammer :eng101:

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Just getting a post in to show that I was, in fact, here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
quandary was the 1 shot vig.

SSV, Bottleknight, and Flying Leatherman have won!

Scum wins!

Thanks for playing!

I hope that was a nice generic relaxing mafia game for you Quandary and Max!

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Holy poo poo you a loving moron Max how much more obvious could it have been that SSV was scum

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sorry Max. We're still bros, right?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Good game, everyone. I really enjoyed my first scum game! :)

Thanks a lot for putting this one together, CPig.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1i2_U2dMUsgI0PBTD6Vai8A4Tg2RryMihhE7_pUI_OnA/edit?usp=sharing

doc link

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Also, here's a paper written about people who were fooled by imgay's "effort"

http://journal.sjdm.org/15/15923a/jdm15923a.pdf

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jose Valasquez posted:

Holy poo poo you a loving moron Max how much more obvious could it have been that SSV was scum

this 110%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Wait what

• Locked thread