Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Hahaha max I totally thought you were scum but it turns out you're just loving bad holy poo poo. What even was that play Jesus Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Also sorry Jose I was wrong :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Hey ecco, how exactly did I manage to get myself killed on N1?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
Thanks for throwing down an immediate vote in LYLO, Max :(

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Hats, what's up? You just disappeared in this game

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

The Lord of Hats posted:

max should stick to organizing legions and leave mafia to the experts!!

yeah it SHOULD have been deciding between hats and leatherman (which would have been a very interesting endgame since hats wasn't around as much but leatherman was around and looking Smart Townie after recommending a no-hang). but alas.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm glad I called BK.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I got a PM from SSV yesterday that said to fake a meltdown so exactly what happened today would happen. Glad it worked out.

Good game all.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

God that was in the back of my mind the whole game. I'm such an idiot.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quandary, why were you so against the BK lunch?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

EccoRaven posted:

yeah it SHOULD have been deciding between hats and leatherman (which would have been a very interesting endgame since hats wasn't around as much but leatherman was around and looking Smart Townie after recommending a no-hang). but alas.

I was going to do this but Hats had like, zero content and with Quandary being so adamant about not going with BK yesterday, I was super certain he was scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh well, GG SSV. I got played like a fiddle.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quandary posted:

Hahaha max I totally thought you were scum but it turns out you're just loving bad holy poo poo. What even was that play Jesus Christ.

Hats was gone and I had a hell of a time deciding between him and FL. After what looked like a meltdown from you I thought I had you cornered.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh well, I like generic games more than anything else, I think.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Max posted:

Quandary, why were you so against the BK lunch?

Because he 100% knew that SSV was scum without a doubt, how was that not obvious?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

Because he 100% knew that SSV was scum without a doubt, how was that not obvious?

I mean, I knew that was the narrative. But I thought the plan to see about nailing the other scum first was a good idea and we all agreed on BK anyway.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh well, I suck. I think after all the games I'm in are finished I'm going to go back into retirement. Thanks for keeping this game low key and not toxic, friends! (not sarcastic)

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

EccoRaven posted:

I really tried to look Smart Townie with all those numbers and if I hadnt screwed up all the math it would have looked a lot better :\

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Aw, don't go into retirement. I've enjoyed both the games I've played with you.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
that said, I really do think my (self-perceived) meta of "slightly suspicious and very misguided town" served me well.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The other games I'm in are ongoing so I can't really say much, but ehhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

You played a really good game and I think I got too paranoid for my own good this game. I may have not been so swayed towards Quandary if he hadn't completely flipped out at the BK lunch but what are you gonna do. It's my fault in the end.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Max posted:

You played a really good game and I think I got too paranoid for my own good this game.

No he didn't it was obvious that he was scum the second he swooped in to hammer d2 :colbert:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jose Valasquez posted:

No he didn't it was obvious that he was scum the second he swooped in to hammer d2 :colbert:

OK.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
It was a fun game to read. If you decide to play another, XCOM mafia is still looking for players.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Max posted:

I think after all the games I'm in are finished I'm going to go back into retirement.

Max, I enjoyed playing in both this game and the soldiers game with you!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Lord of Hats posted:

Where the hell were you! If you were around and I wasn't so worried about dealing with you not being here I wouldn't have done that.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
Haha I forgot my role was named after me, sorry I couldn't contribute and thanks to chaoslord for subbing in.

Max - don't sweat it, we've all been there!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I just read the doc and at least I was right about the godfather claiming the vig thing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Lynching me was rude.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Max posted:

Where the hell were you! If you were around and I wasn't so worried about dealing with you not being here I wouldn't have done that.

I had just seen Quandary's plea to me and FL, and had started my reread :(

But yeah, I'm not free of blame, I was way too disengaged this game. I need to limit myself to one game at once.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

I mean, I knew that was the narrative. But I thought the plan to see about nailing the other scum first was a good idea and we all agreed on BK anyway.

FYI and for the future (because please don't retire again!), but this is not something any scum does when their buddy gets investigated. one of the hard things playing scum is scum *know* when their buddy has been successfully discovered (or conversely *know* when their buddy is discovered improperly [e.g. that a town is mistaken]). and since that's what they know, they never seriously doubt those results.

going hard against SSV in lieu of BK does not make sense from a casual scum perspective, but makes perfect sense from a (somewhat myopic) town perspective. it should have suggested Quandary was the one telling the truth.

it's also why I figured Jose was town. he wouldn't have focused so hard on imgay and draw a lot of attention and ire from people if he had been scum.

anyway gg scum, glad I made you think I was a cop, pig run more of these mafia is fun.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

"67% sure" seemed really conspicuous!!!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Murmur Twin posted:

I fully agree :eng99: I requested a replacement, unfortunately it's going to be like a week before I'm going to have any reliable ability to contribute to the game. Sorry about that, all.

I had a scum read on Hats until this explanation but this changed my mind because it sounds like something town-me would say.

My two biggest reads right now based on general feel are BK and SSV.

Hahaha ahhh man apparently I'm better at picking scum when I'm half-engaged than I am when I try.

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008
Mafia is more fun when it's relatively power role lite.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd say power heavy and power light games are both fun in their own ways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Quandary posted:

Mafia is more fun when it's relatively power role lite.

I like it because it lets me focus more on casing and argument. That said, role heavy games are fun too, just in a different way.

• Locked thread