Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Lil' Solar Plebeian update. Got a 3d radar implemented (complete E:D ripoff, but I tried a bunch of different layouts, and E:D's radar is just better than anything I can think of). I might have to write a custom shader to properly light the radar, but that's polish. Obviously I wouldn't do poo poo like that before first getting a playable build that's fun.

If anyone has any suggestions about different 3d radar layouts, I'm all eyes. Pics would be good. poo poo MSPaint drawings would also be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Welcome new members who bought in to read this thread but not post :getin:

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

DigitalMocking posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=channel?UCf37-kjAbpPp_eKp4W_Ey0Q

Dude is up to like 326 subs now, I watched a few of his videos. He is cool and chill and kind of enjoyable to watch, if overall bad at video games.

I subbed after watching a couple of his videos. I don't know if I could be as kind and positive as he is while facing what he's facing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
[question] eightace, all these higher ups that are kicking off and bollocking the cig team, is there any way to get them onto here and show them what we've all been laughing at for ages?

Or do they already know?

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Feb 25, 2016

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SelenicMartian posted:

The gently caress is that huge pin?

best drat space t-shirt ever

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Variable 5 posted:

:mad: look buddy I don't know how far the analogy actually goes because I don't think that a colon cancer patient is going to fly to LA to stab Sandi in the face with a weird knife while she eyefucks him.
i just wanted to say gom jabbar :shrug:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

"Beat me"?

Somebody replace the thumb with... anything, really.

A wink and a shrug should be in every episode. It's like "secret poo poo is coming, maybe dunno"

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Ash1138 posted:

i just wanted to say gom jabbar :shrug:

It's okay friend. Let's say gom jabbar together

gom jabbar

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Toops posted:

If anyone has any suggestions about different 3d radar layouts, I'm all eyes. Pics would be good. poo poo MSPaint drawings would also be good.

I've never seen a better 3d radar. Any other game from back in the day that tried to employ a not terrible 3d scheme had more or less the same setup.

Otherwise it was the dual 2d circles indicating forward and aft. Which I kind of like to be honest.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

Much fun was had that day.

I added a reversed loop to the end. Looks even more sinister :)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Variable 5 posted:

while she eyefucks him.

i know what this is supposed to mean but it really doesn't sound like it

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Variable 5 posted:

It's okay friend. Let's say gom jabbar together

gom jabbar

kwisatz haderach

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319870/the-xian-scout-will-be-a-two-seater

Does anyone know how many seats there are in the ships anymore?

Anyone?

lol.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

The face our future Hollywood star went with in the very first frames of the show

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

i know what this is supposed to mean but it really doesn't sound like it

In all honesty, when Sandi is involved, there's no telling :ohdear:

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

I normally don't post a lot, but have been following this and the former thread since August, since this trainwreck is just so entertaining. But I did comment earlier in Chalkyj's reddit thread about his ban. And the amount of SC backers who think the ToS means that CIG don't have to follow European Law is insane. I just don't get why these people will defend a company that breaks the law by denying refunds.

I know the community is toxic as poo poo and that sunk cost fallacy might play a huge role, but what gets you to the point, where you think a company not following the law is a good thing and that you as consumer should defend it vehemently?. :confused:

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Imagine being a person so ineffective in real life that you are scared to even do stuff with other humans inside a video game.

Imagine being ineffective for some 30-40 years and how that changes your world view.

You would be scared of so many things, and you do not have the power or the presence of mind to change anything.

In order to survive in this condition, you have to follow and uphold every rule or law to the letter because it's what keeps you safe.

So when CIG says no refunds, they follow it without reason. Same as every other rule their overlord has made up.

That's also why they get the most upset when small tiny promises on ships get changed, because it is changing the rules, thus affecting their safety in the game and in their real life.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

there but for the grace of goons goes derek smart (THAT'S HIM IN THE WHEELCHAIR)

attacking a stage 4 cancer patient

shitizens manage to take it to even more excessive levels than I would have expected, it's impressive

you couldn't write a worse pr flub if you tried. maybe if you included kicking puppies?

I remember saying pages back that I couldn't think of anything worse that could possibly happen this year. Not at all eagerly awaiting the citizens' next act of heinousness, which is apparently inevitable.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Atreiden posted:

I normally don't post a lot, but have been following this and the former thread since August, since this trainwreck is just so entertaining. But I did comment earlier in Chalkyj's reddit thread about his ban. And the amount of SC backers who think the ToS means that CIG don't have to follow European Law is insane. I just don't get why these people will defend a company that breaks the law by denying refunds.

I know the community is toxic as poo poo and that sunk cost fallacy might play a huge role, but what gets you to the point, where you think a company not following the law is a good thing and that you as consumer should defend it vehemently?. :confused:

Good question.

At this stage of the game I think we are hitting Madoff levels of funding. Granted, not from the dollar amount...just from the scheme of things.

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Atreiden posted:

Well as far as the fanatics are concerned because CIG can do no wrong. None at all. You clearly don't understand toxic community development.

As far as goons are concerned because they are clowns.

e: drat catching up with this thread is hard work, every day after I get home form work I have to read through 10+ pages cos I don't want to miss any of the comedy (Kudos to G0rf on getting Lesnick Lesnicked) It leaves me with little time for fine art jpeg production :(

Ah well there's always the weekend :)

Galarox fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Feb 25, 2016

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SelenicMartian posted:

The face our future Hollywood star went with in the very first frames of the show

You would think faking a smile would be like acting 101

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Lime Tonics posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319870/the-xian-scout-will-be-a-two-seater

Does anyone know how many seats there are in the ships anymore?

Anyone?

lol.

quote:

Listening to it again, he may have meant that listing it as a two-seater in the first place was an error

The Xian Scout has always been a one-seater.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Eightace please tell us who or how many employees read/monitor this thread

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Yeah, since last Monday.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

That's life in the Big Stimpire.

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

We've always been at war with Eastasia

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starcitizen/images/c/c9/Xian_scout_ship_cockpit_workings.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140704213807

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Apparently steam didn't get the message that derek cancelled his free weekend for lod.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Scruffpuff posted:

I remember saying pages back that I couldn't think of anything worse that could possibly happen this year. Not at all eagerly awaiting the citizens' next act of heinousness, which is apparently inevitable.

Actually for a couple weeks there, I thought you might be right. We can always count on the shitizens to deliver, in hindsight.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Scruffpuff posted:

don't get me wrong, i don't think there's any real limit on the capacity for anonymous assholes on the internet to be assholes

it's just like, how many bad-move checkboxes can you check off in one swipe

- lovable, even tempered, soft-spoken and self-deprecating
- older guy
- with stage 4 cancer
- who's well connected in the game design business
- expresses extremely mild criticism about solid facts of issues seen during gameplay, some of which have been previously made fun of by the developers themselves

SOUNDS LIKE A TROLL TELL HIM TO KILL HIMSELF

I mean it's basically at the point where the only way they could have a more visible PR fuckup would be if someone expressed doubt about SC on a board somewhere, got shat on, and was revealed to be croberts himself

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Google Butt posted:

Eightace please tell us who or how many employees read/monitor this thread

sunaurus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh great, another bookah.

Wafflz posted:

Apparently steam didn't get the message that derek cancelled his free weekend for lod.

I just found out that some guy from /r/dereksmart is streaming LoD:

http://www.twitch.tv/snazzylobster

I wonder if he's a shitizen

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Colostomy Bag posted:

Yeah, since last Monday.

not getting it

runsamok posted:

We've always been at war with Eastasia

getting it

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Atreiden posted:

And the amount of SC backers who think the ToS means that CIG don't have to follow European Law is insane. I just don't get why these people will defend a company that breaks the law by denying refunds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUFm2rWn41g&t=22s

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Toops posted:

I dunno how E:D does it but the best 3d radar I've seen works like this:

So each blip has a little tail showing its projection onto the 2D plane. Takes some getting used to but you can tell where poo poo is

e: I guess that's basically how E:D does it :shrug:

megane fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Feb 25, 2016

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe
I've just litened to AtV Ep 2.20. It was a trial, but I managed to get all the way through by repeatedly hitting myself on the head with a hammer in order to distract my pain receptors.

https://youtu.be/MGzOj9mWB4U?t=2132

At 35:32, Ben says:

"Nothing sells Star Citizen better than Star Citizen"

I beg to differ... If CIG wants to sell Star Citizen, then THE LAST THING they should do is actually show Star Citizen.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Illegal Move posted:

I just found out that some guy from /r/dereksmart is streaming LoD:

http://www.twitch.tv/snazzylobster

I wonder if he's a shitizen

Lod will be full of shitizens trying to troll each other this weekend. On the plus side it will be the most players it's ever had at one time.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

EightAce posted:

Pretty sure they know who I am judging by some of the looks I get. At the end of the day . gently caress THEM . They are rinsing cash from mentally deficient dreamers who dont know any better. I mean look at that B'Tack guy?
They cannot xxxxxx xxx xxxxxx xxxxxx c*nt

Go to ground developer ghost. This shitheap is going to fail on its own, no need to gently caress your career over it.

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:
Have to say:

The Thread Delivers

*almost daily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!