Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

9hotonic

(after hearing the library has games , i arrive at the front desk, disguised as a non-gamer)

"er.. im here for some.. book's"

mister magpie posted:

I do coffee on the reg :coffeepal:

I do reg on the coffee :sludgepal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furia

I coffee reg on the do :morning:

you just have to believe in yourself, there's a little skeleton inside of us all

alnilam

I coffee :regd09: on

Brexit the Frog

i'm drinkin' a "100% Pineapple Peach Mango juice blend" thing today, trying to give the caffeine a rest. i get jittery

but i ALSO get withdrawal jitters when i DON'T have coffee, soooo i am in limbo here

Spanish Manlove

HAILGAYSATAN
I think i might drink too much coffee as a full moka pot of espresso is apparently 8 cups of coffee worth of caffeine

Mexican Deathgasm

i am a weiner when it comes to coffee. i can drink about 500ml in a day max without getting lovely and jittery. i stick to cocaine and meth after 1pm

treasured8elief

Saint Isaias Boner

hi how are you

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think i might drink too much coffee as a full moka pot of espresso is apparently 8 cups of coffee worth of caffeine

your avatar looks like it could use some coffee

hi how are you ♥

b h m

Ah, the sassy lady meme

MrWillsauce

I live my life by the phrase "sassy lady meme"

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
whats up lurkers! chillin? ah me too mate. thats what we do here in the ol b y o b. its the chill place for hanging out, and just posting, i guess yoy could say. well, as you can see ive got a little bit of a predicament goin down with my av. the first person - lurkers included - to fix this: well you'll gain a lot of respect here [in certain circles, the good ones mostly], and hell. ill even give you a few postin tips n' tricks, and help ya gain some traction round these parts. ya hear! peace. please fix this av, and no i didnt post my dick on byob. this is very traumatizing to me.

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i have a panic attack everytime i post and see that av

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
gently caress (not looking when i click post thsi time)

Brexit the Frog

thanks Duckie! ^_^

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
Got mine too

GotDonuts

Karbohydrate Kitteh
HI everyeone. I'm not good at the internet hope I am doing this right.

FluffieDuckie

GotDonuts posted:

welcome gotdonuts :wave:

that sure is a good username. i'll be we could come up with some awesome avs for that one.

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

welcome gotdonuts :wave:

that sure is a good username. i'll be we could come up with some awesome avs for that one.

Robot Made of Meat

GotDonuts posted:

Hiya GotDonuts! Being good at the internet is not a requirement here.

Zen Death Robot does the hard interneting stuff for us.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

GotDonuts

Karbohydrate Kitteh
I have no doubt in your av skills, my computer art skills are crap. I should shorten that, my art skills are crap.

A Zen death robot?! I dont know wether to be calm or panic about a zen death robot.

FluffieDuckie

it's a good robot. it defends us from broken servers and badly written code

Matoi Ryuko

FluffieDuckie posted:

it's a good robot. it defends us from broken servers and badly written code

He's bigger than big, taller than tall, quicker than quick, stronger than strong, ready to fight for right against wrong!!

MrWillsauce

hey so can I get some grilled cheese tips please? I am craving some grilled cheese, but I gently caress up even basic stuff in the kitchen. Like, I can't even make over easy eggs without breaking the yolks half the time because I suck that bad. Basically I got butterfingers. Normally butter is good for making a grilled cheese, but it's like all over my fingers instead of on the bread. poo poo.

Anyway, my bread is kinda stale, will that matter really?
Should I use grated cheese? Whenever I do, some cheese falls out when I flip the sandwich, and it gets everywhere and burns at my grilled cheese just turns into two pieces of bread covered in fried cheese, which is edible but it makes me feel like an animal to eat. Maybe I just need to improve my flip skills.
Should I fry the bread a little before adding the cheese? Should I fry both sides of each piece and then add the cheese and melt it, or just assemble the sandwich and fry the two outside sides?

Basically I am spatula-challenged. Someone help me I can't even do bachelor cooking right. Just walk me through how to make this grilled cheese like I'm five please.

wasn't sure whether to post this here or E/N

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

hey so can I get some grilled cheese tips please? I am craving some grilled cheese, but I gently caress up even basic stuff in the kitchen. Like, I can't even make over easy eggs without breaking the yolks half the time because I suck that bad. Basically I got butterfingers. Normally butter is good for making a grilled cheese, but it's like all over my fingers instead of on the bread. poo poo.

Should I use grated cheese? Whenever I do, some cheese falls out when I flip the sandwich, and it gets everywhere and burns at my grilled cheese just turns into two pieces of bread covered in fried cheese, which is edible but it makes me feel like an animal to eat. Maybe I just need to improve my flip skills.
Should I fry the bread a little before adding the cheese? Should I fry both sides of each piece and then add the cheese and melt it, or just assemble the sandwich and fry the two outside sides?

Basically I am spatula-challenged. Someone help me I can't even do bachelor cooking right. Just walk me through how to make this grilled cheese like I'm five please.

Maybe you should grill two slices of bread at the same time, and only use one slice of cheese, then you can just put the cheeseless slice ontop of the other slice and then flip it all togeather!

MrWillsauce

dude you are a life-saver. Anyone else got some hot tips or strategies?

Matoi Ryuko

MrWillsauce posted:

Oh yeah, instead of breaking your eggs on the edge of your table or countertop or whatnot, break them on a flat surface! That might help with your yolk issues!

MrWillsauce

no no, I can get them in the pan without breaking 90% of the time, but I break them when I try to flip the eggs

e: also, I break my eggs by smacking two into each other. Only one will ever break. I think because of physics or something? Anyone else do that?

Robot Made of Meat

MrWillsauce posted:

Why yes! We have an whole thread-like thing regarding grilled cheese sammiches!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3763686

You could even post in it, thereby 'bumping' it up a notch. (That's interwebs lingo I just used.)

MrWillsauce

yeah, I read it but it seemed to be for advanced cheese grillers. I didn't wanna emberass myself there

Robot Made of Meat

Oh faugh! Pshaw! Exclamations!

Post away, it's fun and hardly ever results in serious injury.

MrWillsauce

hehehe I am just imagining what those guys in GWS would say if I told them I couldn't make a grilled cheese sandwich

Robot Made of Meat

MrWillsauce posted:

hehehe I am just imagining what those guys in GWS would say if I told them I couldn't make a grilled cheese sandwich

That's nothing compared to how PI would slice and dice you if you let them know you fed your dog store-bought food!

MrWillsauce

my cat and tiny dogs both eat the same cat food. What do you think they'd say about that?

e: or maybe it's dog food. Whenever I go grocery shopping I get fancy-rear end expensive cat food for the cat because he's my bub, but otherwise they just eat the same cheap pet food

MrWillsauce

I would retake the picture in better lighting, but I ate them all already. I fried up four little sandwiches with the stale, really thinly-sliced bread we had. The cheese was that pre-shredded stuff that comes in a bag that someone bought for some reason. It was cheddar and something else melty. The sandwiches were crispy, but better than usual believe it or not.Thanks for the tips, matoi :thumbsup:

I kinda want another one or two. I might have a tape worm. If so, what is a good name for a tape worm?

FluffieDuckie

slim

Mexican Deathgasm

MrWillsauce posted:

Preheat a pan over medium heat. You can tell the pan is ready by adding butter to it and waiting until the butter bubbles and then stops bubbling. Fry some finely diced shallots or onion in the butter until they're soft. Add finely diced garlic and fry for a minute or two. Add your sandwich, which you make by putting grated cheese in the middle of two slices of white bread. I like a mix of old cheddar and gruyere, but anything is good. If you are a wild man, add some cayenne to the cheese. Fry the sandwich in the garlicky oniony butter (adding more butter if necessary) until the bottom is golden. By this point the cheese should be melted enough to hold the sandwich together when you flip it. Fry the second side until golden brown. At this point I like to open the sandwich and slip in those delicious fried onions and garlic, but that's optional. Consume with heavily peppered tomato soup.

Also, staleish bread works fine as long as it's not severely dessicated to the point of being hard.

MrWillsauce

dude, do you wanna live with me?

Mexican Deathgasm

that was the most words I have ever used to communicate on the subject of grilled cheese

Mexican Deathgasm

MrWillsauce posted:

dude, do you wanna live with me?

i dunno, i cook pretty good but i also like dressing my cats up in little clothes so it's a wash really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

devil

paging one of the mods. http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764104