Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

mennoknight posted:

The first episode stunk. Does it get better quick?

I think Nick and Mitch find their voices and settle into an engaging, combative back-and-forth pretty quickly, and they and the guests share pretty fun personal stories. That said, if you don't enjoy people super earnestly talking about fast/casual dining then you may want to ditch it. There's a reason that pretty much every episode is at least 90 minutes long. These people are genuinely invested in whatever bad food they're tackling that week.

If you want to experience a capsule version of the show, maybe try jumping ahead to the Rockdoughberfest episodes. In just four episodes you'll get a solid window into the show's dynamics, the hosts' chemistry and a foreshortened version of the Spoonman's gradual disillusionment with the very conceit of the podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

I think Nick and Mitch find their voices and settle into an engaging, combative back-and-forth pretty quickly, and they and the guests share pretty fun personal stories. That said, if you don't enjoy people super earnestly talking about fast/casual dining then you may want to ditch it. There's a reason that pretty much every episode is at least 90 minutes long. These people are genuinely invested in whatever bad food they're tackling that week.

If you want to experience a capsule version of the show, maybe try jumping ahead to the Rockdoughberfest episodes. In just four episodes you'll get a solid window into the show's dynamics, the hosts' chemistry and a foreshortened version of the Spoonman's gradual disillusionment with the very conceit of the podcast.

MennoKnight is talkin bout Love.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

MennoKnight is talkin bout Love.

Well, the advice still stands.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Well, the advice still stands.

No joke, there's a scene where Mitch talks about fast food options for like a whole minute.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

If anyone has seen Love on Netflix, Spoonman is in it and in every scene he's talking about food.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Help Im Alive posted:

If you didn't like the first episode then I don't think you would like the rest. It gets very cringe-y.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
I thought it was fine. It's very rom-com so if you have a low tolerance for that it's never going to work for you. Claudia O'doherty is charming as always in it, if that motivates any CBB fans to watch it.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

lol

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

Not really. They just talk about food, argue and eat on mic.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Help Im Alive posted:

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
It's funny you bring that up because there is actually a show on Netflix where Mike "The Spoonman" Mitchell talks about fast food. It's called "The Birthday Boys" and it's the episode about Freshy's.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

anotherone posted:

It's funny you bring that up because there is actually a show on Netflix where Mike "The Spoonman" Mitchell talks about fast food. It's called "The Birthday Boys" and it's the episode about Freshy's.

How do you Freshy's?

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Today's episode is fantastic. So dark.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Man, I was worried before they got to Wendy's but that really hoped to focus Rusty.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
#iwatchloveilistentodough

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Harris Wittels would have been the best guest for this podcast.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Unbelievably good episode. Perfect episode??

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
#cummistake

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007
being the expert on the show. I feel I should weigh in.

Wiges the burger bitch is bitching out on the drop war. Who didn't see that coming. A clear victory for spoon nation.
That being said, he is working up his chops as a host, and kept Rusty on track mostly. However the gypsy silence moment showed his lack of professionalism.
Spoonman did a great job, and the guest was basically a more refined Armen Weitzmen. Likely their best guest yet.

Overall, I'd give the episode a 7/10. Not a good starting point for a casual listener, but good enough to get me into here commenting after their recent lull.
lets hope the tournament of chompions can keep the energy going.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

djnkro posted:

Wiges the burger bitch is bitching out on the drop war. Who didn't see that coming. A clear victory for spoon nation.
That being said, he is working up his chops as a host, and kept Rusty on track mostly. However the gypsy silence moment showed his lack of professionalism.
Spoonman did a great job, and the guest was basically a more refined Armen Weitzmen. Likely their best guest yet.

Overall, I'd give the episode a 7/10. Not a good starting point for a casual listener, but good enough to get me into here commenting after their recent lull.

As the resident expert on posting i give this post and your other similar ones in this thread a 2/10.

Marketed Gum
Jun 26, 2007

The Dough Boys is my favorite audio podcast and "Paul Rust - Wendy's" is the best episode yet!

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Great episode. Loved how Paul Rust pushed it to dark places and Wiges didn't know how to react.

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
"It's pronounced 'Cheetos'."

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
AS the local and undisputed expert on this show let me just go ahead and call everyone involved a "bitch" over and over for some reason.

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

Work Friend Keven posted:

AS the local and undisputed expert on this show let me just go ahead and call everyone involved a "bitch" over and over for some reason.

Yeah, not even close..... This post is in no way professional, nor is it representative of tdbpc. 1/2 a tine

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

anotherone posted:

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

anotherone posted:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Chuutos

Juttman
Apr 7, 2008

Saturated Fats
Is "hutdog"/"pupcorn" a regional thing or a Spoon Nation accent?

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Juttman posted:

I know people from Massachusetts, and I've never heard them hit their o words like that.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
Quinzy causes brain damage.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

DangerDummy! posted:

I know people from Massachusetts, and I've never heard them hit their o words like that.

Mike Mitchell: Secret Canadian?

wagnike2
May 31, 2007

Lucha LaBOOM
Good ole Rust crushed it on this episode. Like, I've only been getting into this podcast recently but this episode sold me for good.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Juttman posted:

Its a regional thing

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

the region of spoonmans brain

kidsam
Aug 12, 2007

YES

djnkro posted:

'what the gently caress?' - Mike "The Spoonman" Mitchell

djnkro
Sep 16, 2007

kidsam posted:

'what the gently caress?' - Mike "The Spoonman" Mitchell

History will prove me to be the expert that you need.

SEX HAVER 40000
Aug 6, 2009

no doves fly here lol
Paul Rust is the best guest Doughboys will ever have. It woulda been Harris, but welp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Wow 🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀🏀