Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

first dolvak, now lesnick
"It's a pity you Star Citizens die so easily or I might have a sense of satisfaction now."

I'm doubting there'll be a moment where Roberts pulls the Matrix from Derek Smart's neck while The Touch plays, though. Maybe a moment where Smart laughs at Roberts' corpse as it voids its bowels and Full Burn kicks in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
You know I was thinking about this second seat debacle and it might not have been a gently caress up by Ben. I mean, we are all agreed that this "disappeared" story is a load of poo poo, right? What happened is that CIG has finally realized they have a mountain of work to do and not enough money to do it at current rates so they are simplifying everything. Now the question is, did Ben came up with this PR nightmare of a story all on is own? Did he just come up with it on the spot without considering the implications or was he ordered by Chris to fall on his sword and make the whole thing look like a mistake that "will be fixed later"?

e: f;b

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Feb 26, 2016

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
so not to be a sour puss, but what's the big deal if a ship has two seats or not

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

MeLKoR posted:

You know I was thinking about this second seat debacle and it might not have been a gently caress up by Ben. I mean, we are all agreed that this "disappeared" story is a load of poo poo, right? What happened is that CIG has finally realized they have a mountain of work to do and not enough money to do it at current rates so they are simplifying everything. Now the question is, did Ben came up with this PR nightmare of a story all on is own? Did he just come up with it on the spot without considering the implications or was he ordered by Chris to fall on his sword and make the whole thing look like a mistake that "will be fixed later"?

in this case i honestly just think it's his go-to reaction for hostility - deflect it as a vague mistake without specifying who is at fault or much of anything in particular, to get people's get-stuff-done-rage back to the general malaise background noise. once that's done, look into it, find out what the facts are, and post a reply saying "it's exactly as i thought! it was <some sort of miscommunication>, all is well" then close the thread before anybody thinks further into it.

the fury is only getting louder now because CIG are loving around with people's ships - the one thing that all the backers consistently have an opinion on. bad gameplay? sure. terrible PU and completely unstable build of the game? whatever.

NO SECOND SEAT IN MY SPACESHIP? YOU'RE hosed LESNICK

Madcosby posted:

so not to be a sour puss, but what's the big deal if a ship has two seats or not

nothing to Joe and Jane Rational Thinker, but quite a lot if you dropped a few thousand on a jpeg promising you two seats

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Ben doesn't do anything technical at CIG, he's just there to lie to the whales so of course it's not his gently caress up. They just trot him out to throw some word salad to the citizens and for some reason they still believe him even though he's been caught lying over and over. It seems less backers are falling for his bullshit these days though.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Xaerael posted:

Are we really supposed to believe that these people making the assets aren't being given strict design briefs? Seriously. No, Seriously? Anyone still believing in this, I don't know what to say any more. If people can still be happy with the progress, and be content being spoonfed poo poo fresh from Lesnick's arse, there's no hope for them.

I can believe that they're being given strict design briefs that change every 16-48 hours as different managers, none of which talk to each other, see the current progress and make changes small and large according to what they think looks good, their "vision" of how that race / shipbuilder makes things, how much they think the ship should be sold for, or what they ate for lunch.

Either that or the ship had 2 seats all the way up until they tried to actually put it in the game and found putting two animation sets for getting into and out of seats in a tiny glass sphere was an insoluble problem and chris declared by fiat that it could only have one. Because realism. "Helmet! helmet! helmet!" still echoes in his ears to this day, reaffirming that stupid animations are what people want.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Madcosby posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13978-LAST-CHANCE-XiAn-Scout-Sale

Lol last chance before it's hangar ready. Anyways, June 2014 to Feb 25th 2016 (including a sale that ended just 3 weeks ago and a previous one in December) the ship had two seats.

But suddenly it does not.

Because apparently one of the seats wasn't included. Ben's going to look into it.

As recently as 3 weeks ago they were selling it as a two seater. It would take an incredible leap of faith to assume that CIG's marketing team was unaware of the change. People are not amused. Ben proceeds to make a fool out of himself.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

People are mad because the 2 seater implies 'real' multicrew and with shared controls.

They're cutting gameplay as well as the jpeg.

This is just drip number 2 of the feature cutting, there's a lot more to go lol.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I wonder if EightAce could tell us when the jpeg was cut to 1 seat.

Plural Abysss
Feb 25, 2016

Madcosby posted:

One to fly in, one to rape in :yarg:

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Madcosby posted:

Some folks are a bit miffed that a ship they bought with a stated design, art, and design parameters of a two seater (and was on sale multiple times recently with that stated design) isn't actually a two seater as implemented.

And the person ostensibly in charge of overseeing this design has no idea where the extra seat went.

We're still dealing with the inanity of jpegs valued at hundreds of dollars, but now with the added fun of a different jpeg being delivered and multiple possible explanations why this is and all of them being somewhere on a sliding scale between sheer incompetence and pure deceit.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Google Butt posted:

while I may not agree with making fun of ben for his weight, I will agree with calling him a dumb piece of poo poo liar who's bad at his job

we are not making fun of his weight..we are making an example of his weight and calling him out on it that he needs help but as a fucktard that he is, he will just call you dinks!

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i'm glad that the RSI thread has decided it's either malice because they kept selling it advertised as such, or incredible levels of stupidity

soon they'll reach our way of thinking which is, why not have both?

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Madcosby posted:

Well wouldn't be a big deal if they originally charged $60 or so.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
how much is the phantom two seater ship?

Astroniomix
Apr 24, 2015

Madcosby posted:

For me the thing is how they apparently "lost" the seat, like they were planning on making it a two seater the whole time but someone "misplaced" it.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Madcosby posted:

how much is the phantom two seater ship?

$150

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I don't even get what the second person is supposed to do? Like in any other space sim with power management it was easily controlled by a single person. Is it going to be a minigame to successfully shunt power to different systems? Are single seaters not going to have power management?

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

alf_pogs posted:

i'm glad that the RSI thread has decided it's either malice because they kept selling it advertised as such, or incredible levels of stupidity

soon they'll reach our way of thinking which is, why not have both?

Cognitive dissonance has its limits, and only the most deluded can hold onto it when presented with something that is flat loving out not something that can be explained away as the game being in alpha.

For all the bitching about Derek and goons, this one is a complete unforced error because it is entirely an internal issue. That's probably why it resonates that much more strongly.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I don't even get what the second person is supposed to do? Like in any other space sim with power management it was easily controlled by a single person. Is it going to be a minigame to successfully shunt power to different systems? Are single seaters not going to have power management?

It's a scout ship, so the two of you can take turns exploring the remote 100th and final system in the game that nobody's ever seen because the universe is too vast. Everything is better with friends and you will be legendary explorers

It's like two person mounts in MMOs, if you ignore the fact that outside of three minutes of novelty at the concept the only actual benefit to that two seater draught chocobo is letting a friend go take a leak while you get both of you to your destination so you can actually do something else

Tortolia fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Feb 26, 2016

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
The second seat fell off the truck on the way to the DREAM! Factory where all the jpegs are made.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
the thing is to the whales man is not the loving around with shields thing, its flying side by side with their best friends or NPC waifus and gaze at the universe in wonder while exploring the vast universe of Star Citizen.

The dreams are being crushed.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
btw its not just the second seat that was removed:

also this guy has never made a post that isn't licking CIG dick before today :owned:

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

While I'm flying around in the verse my copilot (or whatever you call him) can operate the Mixmaster 5000 and hand me space martinis.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

Well wouldn't be a big deal if they originally charged $60 or so.

Eh

It's kinda hosed up that people paid for something and got someting else in return

The retards can say it's a donation or contribution all they want, but in the end someting was promised but not delivered (again)

Wouldn't be a huge deal if literally everything released by cig so far hasn't been a huge disappointment

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

megane posted:

I dunno how E:D does it but the best 3d radar I've seen works like this:

So each blip has a little tail showing its projection onto the 2D plane. Takes some getting used to but you can tell where poo poo is

e: I guess that's basically how E:D does it :shrug:

This is pretty genius. I can completely visualize where the enemies are with little to no effort. Whoever is making solar plebian o7 to you, you are amazing!

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
They already edited the ships page.

IT ALWAYS HAD ONE SEAT.

But there's clearly 2 people in ther....
ITS ALPHA YOU NOOB SHUTUP

DO NOT DISTURB THE VISION

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

IT ALWAYS HAD ONE SEAT.

hahaha did they seriously just paste that text image over the top

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

exploring the vast universe of Star Citizen

It's not vast though, it's 100 systems. I'm not going to open a map and look but I'm pretty sure the X games (not the ones on espn) have more than that.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
maybe it is still a two seater but the pilot is ben lesnick

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

alf_pogs posted:

hahaha did they seriously just paste that text image over the top

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships

yeah...they did

edit: click the fighter tab, SA can't parse the url. Should be in the middle of the page.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
Ahahahahaha, this is the most epic troll I have ever seen on those forums

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6406512/#Comment_6406512

I think he is quite genuine too which makes it all the better

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

well it has been just a great 48 hours for star citizen

just great

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

The sickening and heartbreaking truths of concept sales.

HKS
Jan 31, 2005

Colostomy Bag posted:

The sickening and heartbreaking truths of concept game.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It's Ben. Of course he's lying.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Lime Tonics posted:

IT ALWAYS HAD ONE SEAT.

I see they are going with the "smother the fire by dousing it with gasoline" approach to crisis management. More fun for us! :munch:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Thanks Ben.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

Tortolia posted:

I see they are going with the "smother the fire by dousing it with gasoline" approach to crisis management. More fun for us! :munch:

Are you trying to tell me that CIG has misled us for several months in regards to this project?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dusty Lens posted:

Thanks Ben.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Tortolia posted:

It's not bait and switch because it alpha, will never not be funny.

This game is more fun not played, I get it now. I was seriously gonna go in another 45 bucks to see the wonders of the newest patches, but then I realized after 15 minutes of load time and crashes, I would get like 10 minutes of enjoyment out of it and feel like an idiot.
I like bad physics games, and goat sim is kind of lacking lately.

• Locked thread