Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Schlesische posted:

Holy poo poo Brumbies.

loving great :{

And now I have to drive to Cardiff to watch Alex Cuthbert :{

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

You think the truth will set you free...
RIP Hurricanes you had one amazing season where you had some all time great players playing together tearing apart the league but you couldn't win the final and now you're bad.

on the computer
Jan 4, 2012

Fun fact Waratahs 12 David Horwitz will be the first ever Jewish super rugby player on Saturday night :toot:

edit: :jewish:

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Schlesische posted:

Holy poo poo Brumbies.

Yeah drat, their backline was tearing it up. Speight had a great game.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
Hey, what's the deal with the new scrum laws? I'm playing 9 in a must-win game tomorrow, and I'm hearing something about not being allowed to pressure the opposing 9 when it's his team's scrum. Anyone know what the law is supposed to mean?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:

Apollodorus posted:

Hey, what's the deal with the new scrum laws? I'm playing 9 in a must-win game tomorrow, and I'm hearing something about not being allowed to pressure the opposing 9 when it's his team's scrum. Anyone know what the law is supposed to mean?

Usually it means not touching/pushing him until the ball is available. At least that's what I think it is, I never played 9 so my knowledge is limited.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I'm seeing a few things on the WR laws page that look like big changes:

World Rugby site posted:

20.12(b): When a team has won the ball in a scrum, the scrum half of that team is offside if both feet are in front of the ball while it is still in the scrum. If the scrum half has only one foot in front of the ball, the scrum half is not offside.

20.12(c): When a team has won the ball in a scrum, the scrum half of the opposing team is offside if that scrum half steps in front of the ball with either foot while the ball is still in the scrum. This scrum-half may not move into the space between the flanker and No. 8 when following the ball through the scrum.

20.12(d): The scrum half whose team does not win possession of the ball must not move to the opposite side of the scrum and overstep the offside line. For that scrum half that runs through the hindmost foot of that player’s team in the scrum.

20.12(e): The scrum half whose team does not win possession of the ball must not move away from the scrum and then remain in front of the offside line. For that scrum half that runs through the hindmost foot of that player’s team in the scrum.

Here's the accompanying image:

So what it looks like to me is that, in addition to having to keep onside of the ball like always, I have to stay between my #8's back foot and the opposing flanker's back foot. This makes me feel better when it's my team's scrum, since it's basically impossible for my opposite number to hit me before I pass the ball away. On defense, though, it means my odds of tackling the opposite 9 are greatly diminished.

It also looks like I can't move to the opposite side to position myself to tackle a receiver or ballcarrier, which is frustrating as I'll have to be stuck on the blindside even when there's no play on their for the offense.

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

Cheetahs vs Jaguares game has been nuts. The pace and ambition of Super Rugby is unbelievable sometimes.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!
So how many cheap shots are we going to see in this game? Are we going to see double figures?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Depends how far ahead the Welsh get, then we can watch the French fight in the dressing room and try to kill someone on the pitch.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

France seem to be going mental so far

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

loving hell Barnes just get on with it

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
This has all the hallmarks of a good bad game. France comedy potential seems high.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

tarbrush posted:

This has all the hallmarks of a good bad game. France comedy potential seems high.

They seem super enthusiastic but have no idea what they're doing

Also just get on with it Barnes

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Moore, like everyone else with eyes, is unsurprised that JP Doyle made the wrong decision.

E: Is it just me or does LIam Williams have a weird, bowed right leg?

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Feb 26, 2016

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Why is this being played so slowly.

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Total Meatlove posted:

Why is this being played so slowly.

Because both sides are poo poo

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Could someone punch Jonathan Davies in the throat to stop him commentating?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Game was saved by that wink

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Vaders Jester posted:

So long as you get Brian Moore too

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

France are a total shambles, only thing I'm surprised about is the fact Wales have not scored more points

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Vaders Jester posted:

Don't you enjoy listening to a high-pitched Welshman going "eeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!" whenever Wales does anything?

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

tarbrush posted:

So long as you get Brian Moore too

I'm fine with this.

also French looking vaguely dangerous when they remember to give a poo poo.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aaaaaah get on with it

Painkiller
Jan 30, 2005

On the first day of Super Rugby 3 games had more than 60 points scored and these loving assholes serve up this shitfest.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Well this has been a total shitshow so far.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I want to see a breakdown of how much of that 40 mins was spent failing to have a scrum

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Wales vs France? Best show an England world cup retrospective

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
In an airport watching the game on mute, desperately trying to be interested. gently caress me the 6 Nations is depressing.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Well, this isn't making any arguments towards the Six Nations being poo poo this year.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aramoro posted:

Wales vs France? Best show an England world cup retrospective

To be fair they don't have much to talk about

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Brian Moore is on the verge of killing someone! This is great.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Can we have Ali Williams, Martyn Williams and Thomas Castaignède commentate instead? They were much better just sitting in the studio.

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
loving hell

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

That was hilarious but I don't know if North should be celebrated for complete failure to kick a rugby ball

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:lol:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
The Hurricanes playing the way they did last night would tear these two chucklefuck sides apart.

Raffles
Dec 7, 2004

I feel so sorry for Eddie Butler

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Raffles posted:

I feel so sorry for Eddie Butler

Never feel sorry for Butler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

The Hurricanes playing the way they did last night would tear these two chucklefuck sides apart.

No poo poo fully pro teams can beat teams that don't train together that much. Most of the top 14 could beat these teams