Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

rediscover posted:

yeah aright game cube. whatever you say game cube haha that's your name now, GameCube. bitch

what happened to your avatar o.0

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i got pwned

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

As a Millennial I posted:

my nickname in high school was GameCube (said in a nasally voice while miming the thing Naked Snake does when you push triangle while wearing the Scientist disguise), because I wouldn't stop talking about the GameCube. I am not making this up.

Sup GameCube.

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

:] i like to read post :]

Aston posted:

I was thinking the Xbox One might make a good siege weapon for breaking down gates but I guess it has the wrong type of ram.

:grin: :newlol:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thinking of gamecube games

EpicCareMadBitch
Dec 20, 2008

trying to jack off posted:

same

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

Some as old as spring

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wasn't Phantasy Star Online on game cube

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

kirbys air ride
tales of symphonia
cubivore
beyond good and evil
ikaruga
skies of arcadia legends
mr driller
Odama
bomberman jetters

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Wasn't Phantasy Star Online on game cube

yeah and it has gamecube exclusive episode

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

(episode II)

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Episode 3 is GameCube only

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
And it's a card based turn battle game lol

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Black Baby Goku posted:

And it's a card based turn battle game lol

:whitewater:

Captain Fuck Face
May 6, 2007

for some reason i bought episode III and tried to convince myself i was enjoying myself as i played it

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Captain gently caress Face posted:

for some reason i bought episode III and tried to convince myself i was enjoying myself as i played it

... Me too

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
didn't PSO on Gamecube come with a GC controller with a full QWERTY keyboard jammed in the middle

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

C-Euro posted:

didn't PSO on Gamecube come with a GC controller with a full QWERTY keyboard jammed in the middle

It didn't come with it but they sold it separately and it was cool

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
i know that there have been subsequent versions released with improvements, but the gamecube version or RE4 is one of my favorites. i think its because i like the controller

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

it's common knowledge that the GameCube Controller was the best controller of all time.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

it's common knowledge that the GameCube Controller was the best controller of all time.

ok gamcube

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

The D pad was crap. Other than that the wave bird was flawless

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Black Baby Goku posted:

It didn't come with it but they sold it separately and it was cool

sure was, maybe the most under-appreciated weird controller ever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

GameCube controller is instrumental for Metroid prime speedruns because of the A/Y placement. Allows for easiest use of the quick missile technique by feathering your fingernail between the two buttons (allows for easy access to the Double, Two Quick Ones on command). Just another reason we all love the GameCube controller

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Dolphin natively supports the GameCube controller if you plug it up with the Smash Bros USB dock.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

NickRoweFillea posted:

Dolphin natively supports the GameCube controller if you plug it up with the Smash Bros USB dock.

Oh drat. That's awesome. I did not know that

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

i think the gamecube controller could be found by anthropologists/archaeologists in the distant future, and even if they didnt have video games anymore, or the idea of a controller was foreign to them because everything was handled by a zero-ui mental interface or w/e, they would still recognize it as like a holy object. the ergonomic curves and extremely deliberate button placements, the subtle increase of tension as the analog shoulder buttons are pressed further, until the satisfying low/soft click at full depression. the gcn controller is a ritual device attuning The Gamer and The Game.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Captain gently caress Face posted:

it was a cool idea imo

also it had a level that was glitched (?) to give you cards from your deck in the exact order that you'd put them in, so you basically needed to build a pre-stacked deck to win. fairly freakin' epic...

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Yo, unpopular opinion time: Sunshine was better than 64

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

mycophobia posted:

i like it a lot more too. i didnt grow up with 64 so that might have a little to do with it.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i like galaxy more still though. but thats neither here nor there.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion. The only thing I don't like about it is blue coins but otherwise, it's loving awesome

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i like galaxy more still though. but thats neither here nor there.

Oh yeah, totally. Shame it had to be a Wii game though

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

mycophobia posted:

Oh yeah, totally. Shame it had to be a Wii game though

What should it have been?

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thinking of GameCube Games

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

NickRoweFillea posted:

What should it have been?

Well ok maybe I should instead say that I wish you could map marios main attack to a button instead of a controller waggle

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mycophobia posted:

Well ok maybe I should instead say that I wish you could map marios main attack to a button instead of a controller waggle

The waggle in galaxy is so drat intuitive dude.

Galaxy 2 looks amazing in dolphin but after one session with the wii u pro controller I changed over to the wii remote.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

mycophobia posted:

I used to think this, but actually the physicality of waving the controller around to control Mario owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

The waggle in galaxy is so drat intuitive dude.

Galaxy 2 looks amazing in dolphin but after one session with the wii u pro controller I changed over to the wii remote.

I strongly prefer a button press to a waggle in any situation.

E: look, Galaxy is an amazing game, don't get me wrong, I just feel like it would've been a tiny bit better with that option

• Locked thread