Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Mendrian posted:

CIG honestly does dedicate a lot of time and resources "communicating" to throwing a smoke screen, it's just that I get more information off the back of a shampoo bottle than all of their shows combined. Brevity is the soul of progress reporting, Chris.

You mis-spelled throwing a smoke screen. Here I fixed that for you.

Mr.Tophat posted:

We treat games so seriously we tell jokes with the intention of shaping the game

At least SC is providing a serious amount of entertainment. I'm just glad I got my money back. And lucked out of stupid, since I actually made money. Not that I deserved that, for being THAT foolish.

Tank Boy Ken fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Feb 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

AP posted:

Portfolio: Terra Mills

Ok, so this is like the first bit of Star Citizen official fiction I've looked at in about two years. It's boring, at least I think it's boring as my eyes keep skipping over the dull words, but wait it's about food they can't possibly be going to mention...

They bloody did. Somewhere in CIG there's a developer who put a stupid vending machine in that you can move around, it also plays music. For months now he's been walking around the office like a Demigod as Chris Roberts thinks he's hot poo poo. Quick somebody write some fiction for it.

All of that is written by Ben.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/319859/cig-devs-how-does-it-feel-to-see-your-work-cause-such-joy

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'd love to know how many sock accounts CIG have on their forums and reddit.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

All of that is written by Ben.

lol to the max

It's more akin to Gyaxian history books than creative writing.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

I like how you can't see poo poo out of the ultra view glass bubble cockpit

Also what the gently caress is the deal with these "variants?" Why would you ever have to buy cutlass ambulance vs cutlass troop transport or whatever, and have to deal with loving around with another extra hull, instead of just designing the game so you reequip the ship to do what you want it to do?

Probably the same reason they love moving chairs and helmet flaps but couldn't figure out opening the passenger side door.

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
There is no hope for some of these people. They will continue to believe Star Citizen was/is the greatest game ever. For every backer who is angry about console versions there will be one who loves the idea of the game reaching a wider audience.

They will be the Ben's of the future, telling everyone about the amazing game that almost was, and how if people had just given Roberts a chance it would have been perfect.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Hey.

Assholes.

Yes, you.

The ones who gave me so much poo poo for everything I posted on the RSI forums. The ones who called me a troll and white knighted CIG every time I called them on their poo poo. The ones who thought I was just making poo poo up to bother people and elicit a reaction. The ones who said everything I talked about would never happen and I was better off being banned.

gently caress you. You deserve everything that's coming to you.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I just told Tank Girl Barbie about Skeletor...

Her present to the thread:

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

People that type poo poo like this are half the reason CIG gets away with ripping off the backers who genuinely believed in the game in 2012. Fucks me off no end to see just how apologist the white knights are and how happy they are with having poo poo completely changed and then being lied to about it.

Oh, where are my manners, allow me to introduce myself to you fine folks. I am, one of the recent "unhappy backers" and I've been following this thread very closely for a good while now while being quite vocal in CIG's forum/echo chamber/white knight recruitment site. I personally can't wait for the house of cards to implode itself in spectacular fashion and watch as the whales suddenly realise just how dumb they've been.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Sabreseven posted:

People that type poo poo like this are half the reason CIG gets away with ripping off the backers who genuinely believed in the game in 2012. Fucks me off no end to see just how apologist the white knights are and how happy they are with having poo poo completely changed and then being lied to about it.

Oh, where are my manners, allow me to introduce myself to you fine folks. I am, one of the recent "unhappy backers" and I've been following this thread very closely for a good while now while being quite vocal in CIG's forum/echo chamber/white knight recruitment site. I personally can't wait for the house of cards to implode itself in spectacular fashion and watch as the whales suddenly realise just how dumb they've been.

Hello, do you have cats, if so post cats

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Duckaerobics posted:

There is no hope for some of these people. They will continue to believe Star Citizen was/is the greatest game ever. For every backer who is angry about console versions there will be one who loves the idea of the game reaching a wider audience.

They will be the Ben's of the future, telling everyone about the amazing game that almost was, and how if people had just given Roberts a chance it would have been perfect.

Seriously. I know people in this thread joke about reddit tears. Mark my words: reddit will find a way to be smug about the game's cancelation slash mutation. Star Citizen was just too advanced for the world, man, and ignorant savages just can't let something beautiful be.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I used to look on all cult members, regardless of the cult, as victims. This has changed completely after witnessing so much toxicity from the SC backers. Scientology has heavy indoctrination and policies are set in place to handle dissent. They attack critics without defending the attacks, and will go to any length to silence dissent. This is because they are a) ordered to do this and b) brainwashed into doing it.

With Shitizens, there is no real cult indoctrination. There are no policies set in place to, for example, attack elderly stage 4 cancer patients calling for them to die.... They choose to do this off their own backs

I have absolutely no sympathy or empathy for these fuckers, and they really do deserve everything they get.

I'm just glad I'm able to witness the shitshow as it collapses :)

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Mendrian posted:

Seriously. I know people in this thread joke about reddit tears. Mark my words: reddit will find a way to be smug about the game's cancelation slash mutation. Star Citizen was just too advanced for the world, man, and ignorant savages just can't let something beautiful be.

Beer kept everyone from doing their job with his CS emails

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"

Daztek posted:

We've had a lot of cats lately, how about a decent recipe from the stimpire for me to try out tomorrow?

e: or not from the stimpire, I don't have many body parts lying around.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Daztek posted:

I do have an cat, no pics of him though so I will endeavor to get a few and post them.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

On one hand, there's replies like this

On the other hand, Completionist [$15000+]

dogboy
Jul 21, 2009

hurr
Grimey Drawer

Mendrian posted:

It was a secret plot of the publishers. They couldn't imagine a world where they were exposed for what they are: Useless penny pinchers that limit visionary developers. So they put a knife into crobbleschnobbles back something something.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven posted:

Welcome to the thread :). Are you LeSabre by any chance?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I bought Stardew Valley and now I can barely keep up with this dumb thread

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

dogboy posted:

It was a secret plot of the publishers. They couldn't imagine a world where they were exposed for what they are: Useless penny pinchers that limit visionary developers. So they put a knife into crobbleschnobbles back something something.

Already happening

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Mirificus posted:

Welcome to the thread :). Are you LeSabre by any chance?

If I was I wouldn't say I was, the CIG PI's are probably bugging my apartment and training woodland creatures to read my internet history as we speak.

Thanks for the warm welcomes. :)

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

gently caress you. You deserve everything that's coming to you.

Agreed. I will feel no sympathy. There have been enough warnings, either from individuals or events.

You can lead a horse to water, but something something that horse was a terrible horse and glue is too good for it as a final fate.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

kordansk posted:

lol at people who keep thinking they need to pledge/donate money to a multinational for-profit company developing a videogame. you are buying a product!

At least they've moved on from "invest"

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ShredsYouSay posted:

Is this too poo poo or not poo poo enough for Space Plebian?

There should be a premium version with a vodka bottle hull IMO.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Sabreseven posted:

If I was I wouldn't say I was, the CIG PI's are probably bugging my apartment and training woodland creatures to read my internet history as we speak.

Send yourself a PM with the word 'chargeback' in it. That way you know for sure you're being watched.

Welcome to Something Awful. Where a mod challenge doesn't involve your thread getting locked, your account banned, and your investment held ransom.

Wait a minute

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

teh_Broseph posted:

I think somehow this hasn't been done yet

http://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/#!/KBY-3XbZl0UAFGUPqNg

Phoneposting, if someone can gif it tia

And come up with better titles

Amazing.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice
This page needs a catte

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
That is a catte. You saved this page!

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Interesting.

This is the same language we use when we talk about Ben. I'm not saying that means anything but it's interesting you know?

tastychicken
Jul 17, 2007
Title text goes here
Good work. Continue shitposting, citizen. :justpost:

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

There should be a premium version with a vodka bottle hull IMO.

That's called a "variant".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Mr.Tophat posted:

Send yourself a PM with the word 'chargeback' in it. That way you know for sure you're being watched.

I did that a few a days ago:

Not banned yet, but I also haven't overtly poo poo-posted on the forums either, so they don't really have an excuse to ban me yet.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Sabreseven posted:

Fair enough :). It doesn't hurt to be prudent.

I can only imagine how insane the RSI forums will be once the last of the reasonable backers have left.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6406349/#Comment_6406349

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6406433/#Comment_6406433

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6406999/#Comment_6406999

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

fuctifino posted:

I did that a few a days ago:

Not banned yet, but I also haven't overtly poo poo-posted on the forums either, so they don't really have an excuse to ban me yet.

You forgot to throw in a LOWTAX for good measure.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

hanales posted:

That's called a "variant".

Fine. There should be a variant with a vodka bottle hull.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

The word 'invest' or 'investment' changes people.

You ever encounter the try-hard FPS player who uses military lingo and a way of speaking that sounds legit yet comes off sounding so fake? 'Roger that Delta 2, we have visual, sending a team to evac, small arms fire in the vicinity. Need a sitrep before we sent in choppers, over." That sort of thing? When folks were talking about investing, reminded me of that. Once you start considering yourself an 'investor' then you can throw all kinds of self-important language around and mean it. Oh, I'm an investor, my opinions matter, I *invested* in this project, therefore I have a voice in this project, I'm sorry you haven't heard of me. I believe in this project so much I invested X amount of money.

Doesn't help that the grey-market encourages these 'investors' to buy high and sell even higher. The Dunning–Kruger effect will be far more pervasive if you think you got one over a fellow cultist, especially when it concerns chariots, the lifeblood to the scam beast that breaths heavy on the necks of reality divorced faithful.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Is CRobber known in the industry for anything other than consistently going over budget, failing to deliver, and eventually being thrown out?
And what industry are we talking about? It seems to apply equally to both ones he's tried (and is now trying to get back into).

I'm not sure “respected” is really the word to use to describe how he's seen after that… but there is definitely plenty of reason why he'd have the reputation he has, so I suppose that's one thing the poster got right. :haw:

Io_
Oct 15, 2012

woo woo

Pillbug

Mendrian posted:

CIG honestly does dedicate a lot of time and resources "communicating", it's just that I get more information off the back of a shampoo bottle than all of their shows combined. Brevity is the soul of progress reporting, Chris.

"Spinning". If you could harness CIGs spin you could power the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

Mendrian posted:

This is the same language we use when we talk about Ben. I'm not saying that means anything but it's interesting you know?

Contempt is blind, as blind as the rage it holds over folks.

• Locked thread