Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

MiniFoo posted:

Where'd all this classic muscle come from? I love it.

All the old-car guys needed to wait until later in the week when the community-service high school helpers came to teach them how to use the library computers?

Seriously though, that last page is making me drool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoLittle
Jul 26, 2006
On gravel:

On track:

Perhaps tomorrow on ice, if I'm lucky.

Edit: Found a full frontal:

And another:

Now that we are at it, 2.0 4 cyl and the 3.0 24v:

The 2.0 GTV and 75 turbo:

DoLittle fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Feb 27, 2016

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Front ends?

Tony quidprano
Jan 19, 2014
IM SO BAD AT ACTUALLY TALKING ABOUT F1 IN ANY MEANINGFUL WAY SOME DUDE WITH TOO MUCH FREE MONEY WILL KEEP CHANGING IT UNTIL I SHUT THE FUCK UP OR ACTUALLY POST SOMETHING THAT ISNT SPEWING HATE/SLURS/TELLING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES

DoLittle posted:

On gravel:

On track:

Perhaps tomorrow on ice, if I'm lucky.

Edit: Found a full frontal:

And another:

Now that we are at it, 2.0 4 cyl and the 3.0 24v:

The 2.0 GTV and 75 turbo:

NSFW that poo poo dude.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
So here's my car history, in rough chronological order.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

kimbo305 posted:

Pop-up headlights are the once and future king.

This is rad

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Here's my car history in chronological order, with potato-era being the only era for the first two (which are actually different cars)

TheGoatTrick
Aug 1, 2002

Semi-aquatic personification of unstoppable douchery
I put my front plate on. Hail Satan.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Ether Frenzy posted:

Here's my car history in chronological order, with potato-era being the only era for the first two (which are actually different cars)

Space grey is best grey. Also the potato I used for my SC400 was the goofy 640x480 camera module plugged into a Handspring Visor.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
:hf: I get lots of comments about the color and have rarely seen any twins - it also stays looking clean in between washes a million times better than black.

The only other color I'd consider is that Interlagos blue like you had in the UK, looks so good in the california twilight/orangey light.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Is it just me or is AI really stepping up their game as of late?

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Is it just me or is AI really stepping up their game as of late?

economic recovery + age/career advancement probably explains it

it has been a decade since you reg'd

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Enourmo posted:

11 years. :staredog:

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Enourmo posted:

fuckkkkkkk.

well that explains all my motorcycles I guess...
I can't wait to see what happens when I hit my midlife crisis.

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?
Baby Duramax! Already leaking engine oil in the driveway... Now I get to replace the engine in my Evo (after I replace the brake caliper piston seals; one of the pistons is stuck. Hurray.).

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

nollij posted:

Baby Duramax! Already leaking engine oil in the driveway...

You're kidding...right? :ohdear:

MPG as good as advertised?

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Enourmo posted:

poo poo I've been here for almost 14 years. All my work / career has been about is feeding the car habit.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

and then there's me, driving the same car for seven years without so much as an autocross meet

i am the worst AIer

nollij
Aug 30, 2006

Wait, wait, wait...

When did this happen?!?

LeeMajors posted:

You're kidding...right? :ohdear:

MPG as good as advertised?

29mpg going 400 miles split between 75mph flat highway and going over the cascades with some 50 mile spans at 32+. I could see 31mpg during my normal highway commute. Been 26mpg mixed driving. Not as responsive as the Evo but adapting to the gas pedal (stabbing it) gets all the torque response I need. Gets up to speed effortlessly.

There are 4 different screens on the speedometer that show some variation of mpg (instant, trip a, last 50 miles, trip b).

It'll be a little until I can see how it does towing but it comes with all the bells and whistles (exhaust brake, built-in trailer brake, 4&7 pin connectors).

Edit: holy poo poo... I been here 10 years too; 3 years lurking

nollij fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 28, 2016

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Enourmo posted:

Well, perhaps a recovery in your country. :v:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Das Volk posted:

So here's my car history, in rough chronological order.

I'm going to attempt this.

These are ones I've documented from about 5 years.

http://imgur.com/a/znUAv

theres still another 20 some odd cars I don't have pics of...

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

My car history is boring. I do have plans to make a fun car purchase in the next couple years though.

My first car was my grandpa's old farm truck. 350 with some bolt-ons. Had a lot of fun with this in high school.

Then my parents gave me their '97 ZJ, which also received some bolt-ons. Had a lot of fun with this in college.

I traded the Jeep for an '03 GTI VR6 that turned out to be one of the worst financial decisions I've ever made.

After the GTI got rear-ended and totaled, I got a 2004 Mazda 6i. Loved this car and wish it wouldn't have started consuming oil.

In the meantime I bought my wife a 2008 Focus, which has become my daily driver. Most reliable car I've ever owned.

After the Mazda started consuming oil, I traded it for a 2008 Maxima. Great car. Very reliable and comfortable.

Had a baby and the wife wanted something taller for easier access. Enter 2011 Ford Edge. Really enjoying this one so far. Far from sporty, but my god it's handy and it rides great.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

I need to get new pics.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat
A foot of snow aint got nothin on 390hp, awd and snow tires. Driving this thing in the snow is seriously cheat mode. Just have to watch the plastic bumper when the ruts get deep on these rural roads.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm like way late to the front party but I don't care I'm here now!

My front

My dad's front w/ bonus squirrel shooter in the back

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

nollij posted:

Baby Duramax! Already leaking engine oil in the driveway... Now I get to replace the engine in my Evo (after I replace the brake caliper piston seals; one of the pistons is stuck. Hurray.).

That the 2.8TD Colorado? We've had em in the gov fleet at work for a while now in Australia. Theyre not really that liked, but thats more "Lol GM build quality" than anything.

Tho they do seem slightly better bolted together than the ford rangers... gently caress me are those things a cheap built turd with a premium price tag.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Night Danger Moose posted:

We can't all have fun toys.

...yet. Trading her in towards a much more fun ride over the weekend.
Goodbye old and busted, hello new hotness.

First manual. Fun and difficult!

PenisMonkey
Apr 30, 2004

Be gentally.
Fun and gets easier!

Jackie the Mick
Nov 10, 2003
Don' say we neva did nuthin fah yuz.
I haven't posted any of my poo poo on here in a while. I'll try to do chronological. I apologize in advance for the awful quality of the pictures.

Okay, no pics of my fist car, but here is a brochure shot. (mine was black)

Then my beloved Dart. Should never have sold it.

And my Linc. Still have it.

The Thunderbird. Should never have sold it.

My Corvair. Should never have sold it.

My 2002. My wife secretly despises me for selling it. I completely understand.

And my current daily. If I can learn how to keep from smacking the front spoiler every time I park, I may properly repair it some day.

One of these days I will use a real camera and actually clean a car before taking pictures of it. Maybe.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

:drat:

TheFonz
Aug 3, 2002

<3

Das Volk posted:

poo poo I've been here for almost 14 years. All my work / career has been about is feeding the car habit.

Same. Some of us never grow up, we just get better jobs and paid more.

I do now have to get spousal approval for all mid life crisis things happening, but I think it's a fair trade.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Jackie the Mick posted:

:gizz:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

TheFonz posted:

Same. Some of us never grow up, we just get better jobs and paid more.

I do now have to get spousal approval for all mid life crisis things happening, but I think it's a fair trade.

My GF was crushed when the purple woodgrain '89 jeep grand wagoneer I almost impulse bought a week ago was far too rotten to restore. And when we spent an hour wandering through the local old-iron junkyard, she really really really wanted me to get a circa 1918 Caterpillar tracked bulldozer we found rotting into the ground in one corner with the cylinder head taken off (in the 60s, from the amount of rust in the bores) and a tree growing through it.

We're going to need to buy more land, I think. She's the best enabler of poor vehicle decisions I've ever met :v:

(Her vehicular vice is bicycles, she has as many as I have cars... and in similar condition. I found a parts bike on craigslist for her on the way home from work one night and it accidentally became another project instead of a wheels and derailleurs donor. Oops, I've been there.)

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Jackie the Mick posted:

I haven't posted any of my poo poo on here in a while. I'll try to do chronological. I apologize in advance for the awful quality of the pictures.

Okay, no pics of my fist car, but here is a brochure shot. (mine was black)

Then my beloved Dart. Should never have sold it.

The Thunderbird. Should never have sold it.

My Corvair. Should never have sold it.

My 2002. My wife secretly despises me for selling it. I completely understand.

And my current daily. If I can learn how to keep from smacking the front spoiler every time I park, I may properly repair it some day.

One of these days I will use a real camera and actually clean a car before taking pictures of it. Maybe.

More photos of everything please

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

kastein posted:

(Her vehicular vice is bicycles, she has as many as I have cars... and in similar condition. I found a parts bike on craigslist for her on the way home from work one night and it accidentally became another project instead of a wheels and derailleurs donor. Oops, I've been there.)

Bikes are a great hobby. There's a surprising amount to learn, and it really hones your fine-tuning skills. They are absolutely finicky bitches, but fun and cheap to play with.

I just picked this up to flip on Saturday:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Well, I was going to post my auto history, but I just discovered that Lunarpage's upgrade of both PHP and MySQL at the same time broke my gallery. I don't know which one killed it - all I get is "Error" on the page.
Damned thing has been working for years, so naturally they have to screw with it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Quick wash and took photos in preparation for listing it for sale.

When I went to start it back up after taking this photo it was completely dead, no click no nothing :argh: Every time I take a step towards selling it something fucks up...this time it's probably just something got wet but I'm so sick of this loving car.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Feb 29, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

meatpimp posted:

Bikes are a great hobby. There's a surprising amount to learn, and it really hones your fine-tuning skills. They are absolutely finicky bitches, but fun and cheap to play with.

I just picked this up to flip on Saturday:

D: I would need like a hundred more spokes to feel safe on that. Thats crazy.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

NitroSpazzz posted:

When I went to start it back up after taking this photo it was completely dead, no click no nothing :argh: Every time I take a step towards selling it something fucks up...this time it's probably just something got wet but I'm so sick of this loving car.

I literally was going to ask what broke when you did it. Was not disappointed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

ssjonizuka posted:

I literally was going to ask what broke when you did it. Was not disappointed.
It's an absolutely amazing car when it runs but there just so many little things that have gone wrong while I've owned it I want it gone. Overall I don't regret buying it but it's certainly a love-hate relationship. loving electrical system

Then I used this beast to tow it home with it's mighty 2.3L of fury

home being ~1 block from where it died

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Feb 29, 2016