Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)

ESTON, HG. Earlier today a professor at the University of Ravenwood was discovered dead from a possible homicide. Professor Ariadne meg-Tullain, 68, worked for the Department of History, teaching Imperial Military History at Neghan College. She went missing earlier this week, though her disappearance was not reported to the authorities until yesterday evening. Local tribal police suspect Dr. meg-Tullain was murdered as it appears she died from repeated blunt force trauma to the back of her skull and was buried in a bog on campus far from her office or home. Her body was discovered early this morning by students Madeline Pszchyna and Gregoire Pelin as they were returning home from a party. Investigators claim there is no sign of a struggle, suggesting Dr. meg-Tullain may have been killed by a friend or colleague. There are currently no leads.

Ravenwood's President, Ulliva Séabhdha, issued a statement in response to the death. "Dr. meg-Tullain was a brilliant academic, beloved colleague, and dear friend," Séabhdha said in her statement. "The community and everyone who knew her grieves today.... I urge anyone with information to come forward immediately, so that, whatever happened to Ariadne, justice can be served."

If you have any information regarding Dr. meg-Tullain's fate, please contact the Hillsbog Tribal Police Department-2nd District detectives at (89)54-1146-2, or at tips@hillsbogpd.gov .

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it, and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. IRC is the best way to get in touch with me outside of PMs and emails, as I only check my email every other day or so. But seriously just get PMs you will make everyone much happier with you.

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

:h: 6 / 4
:d: Subday, 11PM EST.

1) Birdstrike
2) CCKeane
3) Deadbeat Dad
4) Flying Leatherman
5) imgay
6) Ixtlilton
7) Jedit
8) Max
9) merk
10) Murmur Twin
11) Quidnose
12) SirSamVimes
13) TMMadman
14) Tommunist
15) Tremendous Taste

Night 0: Illandir, Ariadne meg-Tullain, Historian (town-aligned ecco cop), died.
Day 1: The town failed to muster the votes to execute anyone this day, quel dommage.
Night 1: imgay, Officer Finn Magnusson, Campus Security (town-aligned backup cop), died.
Day 2: Quidnose, Ulliva Séabhdha, Corrupt President (mafia-aligned farmer), executed.
Night 2: Birdstrike, Maxentius Przymeslaw, Student (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 3: TMMadman, Marcas meg-Coughlin, Corrupt Student (mafia-aligned goon), executed.
Night 3: merk, Goberent "Gobby" meg-Mullain, IT Security (town-aligned tracker), died.
Day 4: Max, Plina Gutierrez, Student (town-aligned vanilla), daykilled by CCKeane.
Night 4: Deadbeat Dad, Carmin Buchan, Student (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 5: CCKeane, Sean Nevins, Renegade Cop (town-aligned vigilante), executed.
Night 5: SirSamVimes, Sadhbh meg-Gweyn, Student with an Airtight Alibi (town-aligned mason), died.

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Mar 11, 2016

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Ahhhhh eccogame sign me up

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I'll join

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
hello yes in it to gwyn it
I have the pm facility you can also contact me at <username>001 at the gmail
very original

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

🐈🐈🐈

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I know it's Ecco, but it's the only game in town. :/

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

I'ma gonna need some assurances that you will play this game, with a promise that you agree to make at least 5 "substantive" posts a day (at my judgment) or suffer Dire Consequences.

also I am going to make like fifty tribe references so you have to just smile and nod at them

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I was a major figure in the end of last game!

I was just surrounded by such rank philistines most of the game

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'll make a return, sure why not.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I promise to not post like I'm 6 shots in

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm torn. I want to play, but also I'm remembering why I took a break for so long. But also I really like ecco games.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah, OK, I'll play. One last hurrah for a while.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh poo poo, was this the professor that was teaching students all about how Jocasta stomped the Qal horde into dust?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Max posted:

Oh poo poo, was this the professor that was teaching students all about how Jocasta stomped the Qal horde into dust?

"I guess this means I don't need to study for the final." - Beatrice Eufemia, student.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Sign me up.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Sure why not.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Just so we're clear, I am voting SSV right when the game starts.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Max posted:

Just so we're clear, I am voting SSV right when the game starts.

:( Can't we be friends?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Oh yeah! No hard feelings or anything, you played me for a fool. But this will be my chance to throw a guilt free vote your way.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

looking for an excuse to vote me before the game even starts obv scum ##vote max

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Signing up, and I will even try not to hard case Max on D1!

Unless he is scummy :v:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'm gonna write a case with like, 3 quotes on D1. I can promise that much effort at least.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ixtlilton posted:

I'm gonna write a case with like, 3 quotes on D1. I can promise that much effort at least.

"A little effort goes a long way, whether it's an essay on magickal theories, or a murder most foul." - Detective Claudia Meczewna, Hillsbog Tribal Police Department, 2nd District.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'll join in I guess

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

I'll join in I guess

EccoRaven posted:

I'ma gonna need some assurances that you will play this game, with a promise that you agree to make at least 5 "substantive" posts a day (at my judgment) or suffer Dire Consequences.

^

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Game day or normal day?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

imgay posted:

Game day or normal day?

game day though it's not a good sign if you need to specify.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Assureed

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I will play.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

You have the sword of the legendary mercenary CCKeane.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
yay we have enough! game begins Monday evening, that's an "Ecco" "Promise"*

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

See you next Tuesday, then.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

it's monday in half an hour, I will be expecting this game then

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Quidnose posted:

Signing up, and I will even try not to hard case Max on D1!

Unless he is scummy :v:

I imagine you will probably case me then.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

EccoRaven posted:

yay we have enough! game begins Monday evening, that's an "Ecco" "Promise"*

Whats the progress on this?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You've got like 10 hours, tops, EccoRaven. If that is your real name.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Ixtlilton posted:

That's Ecco the Raven to you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Ixtlilton posted:

My real name is Poopface McGillicuddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
raven' mad more like it

• Locked thread