Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
This is a really loving good game and I hope they do like a level editor with workshop support or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
SUPERHOT: IRC AND DE-REDDING SIMULATION

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

SUPERHOT: An okay shooter with a fun gimmick

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
superhot but not superpriced

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
SUPERHOT -

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

I enjoyed it ceaselessly through my initial playthrough, if occasionally a little frustrated.

I am going through katanolny mode and loving it 5x more.

This game is amazing.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Anyone who only plays through the campaign and doesn't try the endless mode or the challenges (or even doesn't look for the secrets) is really missing out.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
I'm going through trying to find all the secrets. Have found a few of the "easy" ones so far. The level design becomes a lot more bizarre when you try to hunt those down.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
I wish this had a mini-map or something showing where all the enemies are because all of my replays have at least 1 moment where I spin around like a ballerina randomly before killing someone.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Is there a surefire way to make your katana bounce/ricochet rather than stick to a surface?

Oblivion4568238
Oct 10, 2012

The Inquisition.
What a show.
The Inquisition.
Here. We. Go.
College Slice
I backed this way back when, and I really wish my computer hadn't died since then and that my laptop wasn't a total piece of crap. Tried to play on normal resolution yesterday and it was so unplayable I uninstalled it in anger. Tried again today at 512x384 and it's only half-unplaybable, but distant bullets are hard to see. Tomorrow gonna downsize to the basically postage stamp size 320x200 and play in a window, just to see how small it is.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Holy loving poo poo, this run: https://killstagram.com/s/HighlevelHeavenlyCelesteRhinoceros

(spoilers for the new mechanic that gets introduced partway through the story)

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

So in Fall (the level that introduces body swapping), if you just hold forward, you can actually make it into the room and move about/interact in the incredibly slow motion mode. Feels like a bug.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
If there's one significant complaint I have about this game, it's that there aren't enough levels that use the time gimmick in interesting ways. The level on top of a train where you can grab someone's shotgun as it flies by was like, one of the few that did anything cool. Why not have moving floors/elevators, a shootout on a highway with 60 MPH traffic, collapsing floors, etc?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Throwing a gun in someone's face, then picking up the gun they dropped and shooting them with it might never get old to me. Story is eh though.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
has anyone figured out how to enter shrl.exe yet

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

sticklefifer posted:

Throwing a gun in someone's face, then picking up the gun they dropped and shooting them with it might never get old to me. Story is eh though.

I prefer the incredibly stylish method of throwing a sword at a guy then possessing the guy next to him, then whether you hit or miss it looks like it was all according to plan.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

RE: Title Suggestions.

sirtommygunn posted:

SUPERHOT - The most Innovative Shooter I've Played in Years!

Alternaitively: SUPERHOTSUPERHOTSUPERHOTSUPERHOT. Or Tree Dude: It's A Dude Who Likes Cutting Trees.

sticklefifer posted:

Gun Throwing (TM) is my preferred way to get quicker kills without reloading the gun.

Ada
Apr 22, 2014

Practice proper gun's safety.

HOLY poo poo was that intense. Unfortunately the mode No Restart unlocks sucks. It's meme mode with big heads and comic sans. :(

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Suspicious Dish posted:

has anyone figured out how to enter shrl.exe yet
The developers are trolling people who ask about it via email: Apparently we need an official manual that has been discontinued.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Ada posted:

HOLY poo poo was that intense. Unfortunately the mode No Restart unlocks sucks. It's meme mode with big heads and comic sans. :(

I reckon that's a good decision because there's no loving way I'm going to complete that mode anyway.

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?
Just had a couple interesting runs on The Train in Katana only mode where:

My old body ran face first into it's sword while body swapping: https://killstagram.com/s/ShadowyBlueTuscanyGiantEland

Then threw a sword into a guy without killing him: https://killstagram.com/s/InfatuatedInfiniteFlirtKouprey

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I am super stuck on what I assume is the last level

It feels so much more difficult than everything else in the story mode it's making me feel like a real idiot

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, the last handful are a sudden jump in difficulty. Really, the only thing you need to keep in mind is don't rush and don't move or fire until you're sure you're clear. Peek around after every kill to make sure nobody's sneaking up behind you, and don't forget that it's faster to throw your gun into someone's face, take theirs, and murder them with it than it is to wait for the next shot of yours to be available. If a particular route gives you trouble try going a different way, it might well be easier and even if it isn't you can at least see what's spawning over there to kill you on the first route.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
SUPERHOT: Come for the slomo, stay for Treedude

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Jumping seems way too strong

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Songbearer posted:

Hi. My name is Songbearer and I have an unhealthy obsession with throwing things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqwx7N2EpYk

I had to see if this worked and it did.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

excuse the low content post because I only found out about this game like 3 hours ago but HOLY poo poo IT IS loving AMAZING

e: here is me one-shotting a level because I am super proud of myself and having too much fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ1hVXZgLyY

I really like that level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3KManzmXjU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

More like that please :allears:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Why the hell did you have to remind me of youdubber?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

I am super stuck on what I assume is the last level

It feels so much more difficult than everything else in the story mode it's making me feel like a real idiot

This might just be in my head, but I found that the area on the right as you enter between the enemy spawns had the best line of sight to avoid any cheap deaths from guys who just spawned in, which was what was giving me problems.

mistermojo posted:

Jumping seems way too strong

It definitely is, it breaks the game in half. When you get to the harder challenges you have no real choice but to abuse it, kind of a downer.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Juggling katanas is the best.
spoilers for that one mechanic
https://killstagram.azureedge.net/752899946f184a7ab42aa4568b59fc91-16-02-28-01-59-39_52_LevelTest_59_LabEndless2.mp4

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Are you all getting perfect frame rates? Because I get huge FPS slowdowns every time I kill an enemy or glass shatters.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

No Mods No Masters posted:

It definitely is, it breaks the game in half. When you get to the harder challenges you have no real choice but to abuse it, kind of a downer.

Embrace the bunnyhop. It looks better than the weird stutter-stepping anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knrr_WGJKlA

I really wish these replays had sound.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

This might just be in my head, but I found that the area on the right as you enter between the enemy spawns had the best line of sight to avoid any cheap deaths from guys who just spawned in, which was what was giving me problems.

i beat the game without jumping except for the level where you have to because I forgot about it. lol

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

VERY COOL MAN posted:

i beat the game without jumping except for the level where you have to because I forgot about it. lol

You definitely don't have to jump for the story mode, but when the challenge levels start getting ridic you begin to appreciate that jumping makes every enemy shoot randomly at the sky

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

ymgve posted:

Are you all getting perfect frame rates? Because I get huge FPS slowdowns every time I kill an enemy or glass shatters.

I can't even get to the first level, as the game goes to the startup screen with the black and white static and dial up noises and just hangs there.

Thanks developers!

I was able to play the beta just fine, but apparently the final game is too much. Fuckin' developers.

Not bitter. Nope. Not at all.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ymgve posted:

i get the same

ACValiant
Sep 7, 2005

Huh...? Oh, this? Nah, don't worry. Just in the middle of some messy business.
I love this loving game and I love throwing poo poo (this is the throwing stuff kills challenge, watch it in like half speed)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Jp5sHgQ9sA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX02bXmdXHg

And a video of an endless challenge that I liked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd7w4fkna_0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

You definitely don't have to jump for the story mode, but when the challenge levels start getting ridic you begin to appreciate that jumping makes every enemy shoot randomly at the sky

you have to jump early on for the car at the beginning of one level. didn't do it apart from that tho.

• Locked thread