Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PopeCrunch posted:

Every motherfucking time someone posts a screenshot from a phone, they have no goddamn battery. What the gently caress.

It's because they always just got 54 texts in an hour from, presumably, some sort of serial killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PopeCrunch posted:

Every motherfucking time someone posts a screenshot from a phone, they have no goddamn battery. What the gently caress.

Every time I see a phone screenshot, I immediately look at the battery and get pissed.
I don't even know why.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Unfettered autism

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
If you go about your day and meet an rear end in a top hat, you've met an rear end in a top hat.

If you go about your day and meet nothing BUT assholes, you're the rear end in a top hat.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

PopeCrunch posted:

38% is hardly an emergency situation.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

literal lol if ur phone isnt constantly at 100% from always being plugged into the wall because no one ever texts or calls u

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

PopeCrunch posted:

She was too busy cleaning her kitchen to charge the phone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I forgot that you can post funny moving pictures in here too

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

I tried to do a reverse image search to figure out the joke here, and that didn't help. I hate when I can't figure these out.

My favorite conversation from the comments begins with

quote:

"You probably suck hard at the uke." Does anyone else really really hope he's talking poo poo about her ukulele talent?

And then a bunch of people are like "what the gently caress else could it be" but sure enough,

quote:

Okay so I'm not sure if this is what he meant but in anime pairings the uke is the weaker or more submissive partner.

The way nerds make the most obviously normal things tenuously connected to anime is consistently magical. :allears:

TheRecogScene has a new favorite as of 09:17 on Feb 29, 2016

SafetyTrain
Nov 26, 2012

Bringing a knife to a bear fight

I'd be mad too if I grew up in some guys abusive rear end in a top hat.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I tried to do a reverse image search to figure out the joke here, and that didn't help. I hate when I can't figure these out.

Her name

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Yup, her hipholsters don't lie.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Why didn't she just stop replying? Every reply just led to a new deluge of text message diarrhea.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Would you stop replying? That dude is a loving roller coaster.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
She was totally gearing up to post the convo online, hence "internet famous" comment. It's in her best interest to get him to reply. And ours.

I wish someone saved it, but another girl ran a blog, where she posted stupid poo poo people said to Asian women on dating websites. Sadly, she took it down because she graduated, and got a real world media job, and did not want to be associated with something like that. It was a goldmine.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Out of all the stuff on the internet, its exchanges like this that most make me feel old and out of touch.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

classic

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

blarzgh posted:

Out of all the stuff on the internet, its exchanges like this that most make me feel old and out of touch.

Same. Can someone confirm for me that exchanges like this are the exception and not the rule for sub-thirtysomethings?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Nitrox posted:

She was totally gearing up to post the convo online, hence "internet famous" comment. It's in her best interest to get him to reply. And ours.

I wish someone saved it, but another girl ran a blog, where she posted stupid poo poo people said to Asian women on dating websites. Sadly, she took it down because she graduated, and got a real world media job, and did not want to be associated with something like that. It was a goldmine.

There was a recent one, where a classical cellist had a dating profile. She also happened to be like 4'10" and asian, so she attracted a very specific TYPE of internet creep. I'll see if I can find the blog.

edit:

I was wrong, she's 4'9" and a violinist.

https://www.instagram.com/perv_magnet/

theflyingorc has a new favorite as of 15:52 on Feb 29, 2016

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

What a strange loss edit.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Subjunctive posted:

38% is hardly an emergency situation.

I think using up 22% of your battery in an hour qualifies as an emergency situation. 4 hour battery life on a smartphone these days is appallingly more disturbing than the conversation.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.

CharlieWhiskey posted:

Same. Can someone confirm for me that exchanges like this are the exception and not the rule for sub-thirtysomethings?

These are posted because they are strange and unusual. Why would someone post a normal conversation and have it linked to and reposted many times?

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

theflyingorc posted:

There was a recent one, where a classical cellist had a dating profile. She also happened to be like 4'10" and asian, so she attracted a very specific TYPE of internet creep. I'll see if I can find the blog.

edit:

Wasn't she dating James Gunn for a while?

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

theflyingorc posted:

Let's take a look.

Oh, she's adorably cute. No wonder she attracts attention.

Let's see her list of 'creepy' messages. They can't be that bad, can they? She's probably being a bit over-sensitive.

Mother of god!

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

spog posted:

Let's take a look.

Oh, she's adorably cute. No wonder she attracts attention.

Let's see her list of 'creepy' messages. They can't be that bad, can they? She's probably being a bit over-sensitive.

Mother of god!

With all that read, I find it a little strange that she tries to cram herself in small places all the time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Does poo poo like that ever work? I mean it must for so many people to be trying it all the time.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qY2MOe8j2M

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Solice Kirsk posted:

Does poo poo like that ever work? I mean it must for so many people to be trying it all the time.

they get what they want out of sending the message

a lot of them get off on the idea of being able to sexually intrude in somebody's day

Same thing with people who call other people on the phone to jerk off. The one time a guy called me he got really upset when I laughed at him because the whole point is to mess up somebody's day.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

they get what they want out of sending the message

a lot of them get off on the idea of being able to sexually intrude in somebody's day

Same thing with people who call other people on the phone to jerk off. The one time a guy called me he got really upset when I laughed at him because the whole point is to mess up somebody's day.

Ah, that makes sense. Well, sort of.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

I have so many questions

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Is this the same artist as the one that did the Manchester new years photo?

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Dillbag posted:

Is this the same artist as the one that did the Manchester new years photo?

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

The Rejection of Adam.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

The way nerds make the most obviously normal things tenuously connected to anime is consistently magical. :allears:

Anime, uh, finds a way.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Amazing

VVV Mind blowing VVV

Nitrox has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Feb 29, 2016

PaulBearer
Jul 23, 2013

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

This just blew my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Mother of God.

• Locked thread