Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

Quote-Unquote posted:

By fry-up you mean frozen food reheated in the microwave, right? That's all spoons serves lol

Their fry ups are still pretty good, and I doubt they microwave all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

They microwave it all

Also I yearn for a better job that isn't so dull. The course was a nice interlude but now I'm spoiled and just can't handle five days in a row of tedium

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Write a booker prize winning novel about your employment-based ennui.

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Manic X posted:

There was a somewhat funny incident in a two-floored Spoons where I ordered food on the ground floor at the Spoons and it was ready at my upstairs-table before I got back to it.
world class service

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i might do actually

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i might do actually

base a character on me

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Dear UK goons,

I too am an UK goon. Is this the right thread to introduce myself or is there some other thing I have to do first?

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Furia posted:

Dear UK goons,

I too am an UK goon. Is this the right thread to introduce myself or is there some other thing I have to do first?

i like your av

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

feedmegin posted:

Their fry ups are still pretty good, and I doubt they microwave all of it.

Chips and battered stuff is deep fried. Literally everything else is microwaved from preprepared frozen packets, even the 'fried' eggs. It really is garbage tier food.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Vitamins posted:

i like your av

i've seen other good cephalopod avs as well, but this one is very good

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"

Furia posted:

Dear UK goons,

welcome friend, please introduce yourself to the thread

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Furia posted:

Dear UK goons,

HELLO (SORRY CAPS) HELLO

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

welcome friend, please introduce yourself to the thread

Well, hello! I am an immigrant in London currently studying at uni, like pretty much every other immigrant here.

I'd like to say more, that's really all there is to it. Maybe something worth mentioning is that I have completely embraced cask and have no problem with warm beer anymore.

Vitamins posted:

i like your av

Thank you! I've seen people in this thread have really cool avs too.

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
Who has the worst av and why is it taff

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Quote-Unquote posted:

Chips and battered stuff is deep fried. Literally everything else is microwaved from preprepared frozen packets, even the 'fried' eggs. It really is garbage tier food.

It tastes good though so why does it matter how it's made?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

freelop posted:

It tastes good though so why does it matter how it's made?

If you like it whatevs I guess but you could get a much better fry up at literally any greasy spoon for the same price so idgi is all

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I don't think the price being the same is true

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

yeah the greasy spoon is cheaper and comes with bonus tetanus so everyone wins

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Bloody inmigrants posting in my uk thread, this is why I will be voting out of th eu

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?
Your average greasy spoon would be half the cost, fresh, and much, much better than a weatherspoons. Just wander round until you smell chips and beans and you'll find you get a much better and cheaper fry up. Generally avoid the sausages though, I'm pretty sure they're made of eyelids and scrotums.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

oh, hello

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Kluliss posted:

Generally avoid the sausages though, I'm pretty sure they're made of eyelids and scrotums.

As every good sausage SHOULD be (also lips and anuses) :colbert:

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

Johnny Foreigner go home!

(welcome, we are v nice really but we will do some #bantz. where are you from so we can focus our insults?)

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

Johnny Foreigner go home!

(welcome, we are v nice really but we will do some #bantz. where are you from so we can focus our insults?)

I'm from Venezuela.

So to the guy up there that's all like voting out if the eu see if I give a gently caress!

franco
Jan 3, 2003
poo poo, do we even have a stock xenophobic thing for Venezuelans? I fear there's a gap in our bigotry. "Nice backpack...for carrying all your hyper-inflated currency in! ROFL" or maybe "lol no bread-havers"?

franco
Jan 3, 2003
I suppose we do have a common bond in that both countries have had problems with Chávez IT IS SORT OF A PUN STOP JUDGING ME

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Furia posted:

I'm from Venezuela.

So to the guy up there that's all like voting out if the eu see if I give a gently caress!

how bad a driver are you?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

everyone saying a greasy spoon will be cheaper and better than weatherspoons should provide some evidence because they all still use poo poo sausages and bacon and no chance they're cheaper

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

how bad a driver are you?

I am actually a really good driver.

It's the lack of laws and regard of mine and others safety that got the party started, though

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:

franco posted:

poo poo, do we even have a stock xenophobic thing for Venezuelans? I fear there's a gap in our bigotry. "Nice backpack...for carrying all your hyper-inflated currency in! ROFL" or maybe "lol no bread-havers"?

Nope you don't gots a good joke.

Maybe ask Clarkson, he'll rustle something up.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Furia posted:

I am actually a really good driver.

It's the lack of laws and regard of mine and others safety that got the party started, though

did you learn to drive here or there

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Jose posted:

everyone saying a greasy spoon will be cheaper and better than weatherspoons should provide some evidence because they all still use poo poo sausages and bacon and no chance they're cheaper

Yeah, it was true about 15/20 years ago, but you'll be lucky now to find a greasy spoon that is either cheap, traditional, quality or not turned into a generic pizza/kebab place.

Newcastle still mourns the loss of Peter's Snack Bar (now rebranded PSB 'cos that's cool and poo poo and only selling the same pizzas that every other establishment on that bit of road does). Happy days when you'd be served fantastic, belly-busting all-day breakfasts by (and cooked by) an eccentric, elderly, Polish man, affectionately known by all as Uncle Peter, in the company of every trucker/roadie/techie/biker within a 10 mile radius for a couple of quid :corsair:

Edit: on proper lovely Formica tables, mind you!

Manic X posted:

Nope you don't gots a good joke.

Maybe ask Clarkson, he'll rustle something up.

:thejoke:

franco fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 29, 2016

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Jose posted:

did you learn to drive here or there

There. Never driven here, and not really interested.

By the way, who is fraction?

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

My future wife and noted dog murderer.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

I do not for the life of me understand white people who have that really horrid matted dreadlocks look

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Trustafarians?

Though now you've made me remember the girl I used to see around university who had them. She left a wake wherever she walked from people avoiding the smell of what I can only assume was rotting hair.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

Jose posted:

Also it might be better than a spoons fry-up but you can't get it with a pint.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
^I know the type. I think I have met 2 in my life span.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

that like a pint with their fryup? deviants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

franco
Jan 3, 2003
I can never quite decide what's more embarrasing - white dreads or white cornrows à la Axl Rose. Beckham, you're a very handsome man, but those rows were doing you no favours at all.

I am putting together a big ol' cous cous with feta, sundried tomatoes, lemon juice, olives, pine nuts, peppers and other bits and bobs. Tell me, thread, am I a big wooly woofter - there's no sausage in there at all?