Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

It just will not stop giving me the "Stopped working" error in battles. I've moved to Memu, fixed the ludicrously slow framerate I initially had, and am pretty sure I've followed everything in the links. I guess I'll try doing a full install, but not really seeing how that's going to stop actual errors, rather than low framerate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

So if arturia is specifically summoned to get the holy grail, does that mean she's been in all 5 holy grail wars?

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Namtab posted:

So if arturia is specifically summoned to get the holy grail, does that mean she's been in all 5 holy grail wars?

no.

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Honestly that would make sense, why the hell would she get summoned just for the 4th and 5th war?

But yeah, no, just for those two.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I've moved on and now shirou is mad at the priest for not telling anyone about gilgamesh, right after the scene where saber explains that kiritsugu was a dick and she hates him

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Twiddy posted:

Honestly that would make sense, why the hell would she get summoned just for the 4th and 5th war?

But yeah, no, just for those two.

Because nobody had a catalyst for her

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

Rodyle posted:

Would have been hilarious if Alaya made that deal knowing that no one was going to use a catalyst for Saber, ever. Sounds like something that it'd do. RIP Archer

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

I've moved on and now shirou is mad at the priest for not telling anyone about gilgamesh, right after the scene where saber explains that kiritsugu was a dick and she hates him

Lol I forgot Saber bringing up Kiritsugu very poorly, that's great

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rodyle posted:

But she said her whole deal is that she gets summoned to where the holy grail is so that she can get it and become a real servant

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Namtab posted:

But she said her whole deal is that she gets summoned to where the holy grail is so that she can get it and become a real servant

No, her deal is that she won't ever truly die until she either gets the grail or gives up, that doesn't mean she gets a shot at each of the however many grail sightings the church has recorded.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Rodyle posted:

No, her deal is that she won't ever truly die until she either gets the grail or gives up, that doesn't mean she gets a shot at each of the however many grail sightings the church has recorded.

she should get a shot though. because shes the best

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Saber is the best... at being the worst

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

Freak Futanari posted:

Saber is the best... at being the worst
It's kind of weird swimming out into the greater internet anime fandoms recently and seeing ridiculous amounts of praise and love for Saber and Kiritsugu.

The internet is a terrifying place.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Twiddy posted:

It's kind of weird swimming out into the greater internet anime fandoms recently and seeing ridiculous amounts of praise and love for Saber and Kiritsugu.

No, I love all three of the girls

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Twiddy posted:

I can get praising Kiritsugu for being an interesting character in terms of just how much the war breaks him but that is it. The moment that people start building him up as some kind of badass is when it gets weird.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
He got Ayanami'd.

Remember how Rei was supposed to be this kinda creepy kinda pathetic figure?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He's not moe like Rei tho

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Kyte posted:

He got Ayanami'd.

Remember how Rei was supposed to be this kinda creepy kinda pathetic figure?

No

Hunt11 posted:

I can get praising Kiritsugu for being an interesting character in terms of just how much the war breaks him but that is it. The moment that people start building him up as some kind of badass is when it gets weird.

To be fair, hes powerful

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
So powerful he got his wife, girlfriend, and servant all killed

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Kiritsugu did nothing wrong

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

He's not the good kind of powerful

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

2 of those were on the agenda!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Freak Futanari posted:

Except well everything

Well saving Shirou was good but he caused the situation in the first place. I recall a quote from Kiritsugu that states he did more good saving Shirou that one day then he had ever done in his whole life.

Rodyle posted:

2 of those were on the agenda!
I thought only one of them was. Anyway as he found out it was meaningless and he did it for no reason.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Mar 1, 2016

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I'm not really sure what Kiritsugu could have done better beyond never joining the war at all. The whole mass burning and death thing would have happened no matter who had won.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Kiritsugu is a perfectionist.

His belief is wrong.

Everything he do is perfectly wrong in the most flawless execution.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice

Rodyle posted:

Which for the record, are in their hundreds. We have no idea how many times she gets summoned I think.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

MonsterEnvy posted:

I thought only one of them was. Anyway as he found out it was meaningless and he did it for no reason.

Iri has to become the Grail core and Saber has to die to make the Wish.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Kiritsugu's a pretty hosed up guy who can't really connect with humans on any level since he needs to be emotionally prepared to push them in front of the philosophical trolley should the situation arise, but he's pretty good at problem solving, as long as those problems can be solved with killing a bad guy. Plus, it always rankles me how in Heaven's Feel we're supposed to root for Shirou saving Sakura because she has a sprite and a backstory, and everyone she (admittedly accidentally) kills is just a faceless NPC, and thus morally irrelevant. Sure, Kiritsugu's morality is cold and mechanical, but at least it's equally cold and mechanical towards everyone, and not dependant on how well he knows you.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

McTimmy posted:

Iri has to become the Grail core and Saber has to die to make the Wish.

Only 5 or 6 of the servants have to die. All 7 dying will just allow you to reach the source of magic or something like that. Tokiomi was the only one interested in that so all 7 dying only mattered to him.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

GyroNinja posted:

Kiritsugu's a pretty hosed up guy who can't really connect with humans on any level since he needs to be emotionally prepared to push them in front of the philosophical trolley should the situation arise, but he's pretty good at problem solving, as long as those problems can be solved with killing a bad guy. Plus, it always rankles me how in Heaven's Feel we're supposed to root for Shirou saving Sakura because she has a sprite and a backstory, and everyone she (admittedly accidentally) kills is just a faceless NPC, and thus morally irrelevant. Sure, Kiritsugu's morality is cold and mechanical, but at least it's equally cold and mechanical towards everyone, and not dependant on how well he knows you.

That's the entire point of HF tho. Shirou choosing to let go of those outside his monkeysphere he can't reach anyways and focus on those close to him.
It is, in fact, how normal people work.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh hell yes, the golden days of the F/Z thread are back

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

But that looping back means that it's only a matter of time before we reach the UBW thread again

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

I'm sorry everyone.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Berserker was cool until he stopped being cool

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Berserker and Kerry are punk rear end bitches

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The latter half of Fate/Zero is so loving godlike

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Baal posted:

The latter half of Fate/Zero is so loving godlike

The way Gilgamesh scoffed after that whole scene was loving godlike.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fate Zero, as it turns out, is good. And the anime made some edits and whatnot that overall improved the existing product (besides 1 or 2 nitpicks in the last part)!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fate Zero is good

Lancelot is not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Baal posted:

Fate Zero is good

Lancelot is not

Uhhhhhhhh, yeah, the guy with the cool armor and cool airplane and machineguns and poo poo is not cool... yeah right!!