Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
I took a nap, did I miss anything other than tool toss?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
NASCAR throws a cup onto the track because we all fell asleep.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I specifically ate way too much at the chow hall to fall back asleep after I thank me for my service , good race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

:sigh:

e: WAIT

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
ahahahaha oh god here we go

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Is the race over? I was watching old episodes of Top Gear on Netflix with the sound down on the race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

No, I was right he first time. :sigh:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What the hell, the new "overtime" rule is one lap?

Even with a wreck?

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
Y'all couldn't smash into each other sometime during the iron reign of harvick?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

What the hell, the new "overtime" rule is one lap?

Even with a wreck?

it's still two laps, but if they make it back to that line on the backstretch it's deemed a "clean restart" and they will end if there's a caution after that

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

gently caress Jimmie Johnson tho

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

"Wasn't no debris cautions today, they was legit."

Preach on, brother Junyer.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

be nice wicka posted:

it's still two laps, but if they make it back to that line on the backstretch it's deemed a "clean restart" and they will end if there's a caution after that

I still dont get this rule because I thought the ovetime line determined if the restarted counted at all, and then in this case we still would have had plenty of time before the white to go yellow again and have another attempt?

I literally dont understand loving anything at all anymore

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Take a shot everytime someone says "lower down whateverthefuck package." I don't even know what you ridiculous people are talking about but I do know that I just sat through three hours of a Harvick Johnson borefest so they must not be that great.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006

CBJSprague24 posted:

"Wasn't no debris cautions today, they was legit."

Preach on, brother Junyer.

Except for the first debris caution :confused:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

CactusWeasle posted:

I still dont get this rule because I thought the ovetime line determined if the restarted counted at all, and then in this case we still would have had plenty of time before the white to go yellow again and have another attempt?

I literally dont understand loving anything at all anymore

When the leader crosses the Overtime Line on the two to go lap, the next flag ends the race.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

When the leader crosses the Overtime Line on the two to go lap, the next flag ends the race.

Which makes total and complete sense because surely I don't want multiple people to have a chance to win in multiple occasions, I want to just get it over with and hand it to 48 cause he's going to win anyway.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The overtime rules are a response to the talladega shenanigans from last year and that's basically it

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

They should just clarify the rule to "if a wreck happens during overtime, Jimmie Johnson is awarded the win"

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
Geez you guys are picky. Debris cautions are bullshit they throw them at the end of every tire or fuel run. *Race runs 200 green laps* This is boring as gently caress what a lovely race I'm taking a nap gently caress everyone who watched it!

I really didn't think it was that bad. I thought it was actually kind of nice to see the teams strategies for a green flag race play out. How often do we see a team take a big chance in hopes the race runs green for an entire run or to the end of a race only to have 'debris' fall on the track the second green flag stops cycle through? I thought the race had an interesting strategy to it and even at the end wondering who was going to pit with 50 to go and try for a big lead and when the #48 did exactly that I thought it was interesting enough trying to guess if/when the #4 was going to catch him. I think the green flag stops made the 200 lap run interesting enough which only made me realize further how loving stupid the CAUTION CLOCK is. The truck series will not have to make a green flag stop one time all year unless they are trying to beat the clock like at Daytona which really worked out for everybody there.

Not every race can be 300 laps like the final laps of Darlington in 2003.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

bigbillystyle posted:

Geez you guys are picky. Debris cautions are bullshit they throw them at the end of every tire or fuel run. *Race runs 200 green laps* This is boring as gently caress what a lovely race I'm taking a nap gently caress everyone who watched it!

I really didn't think it was that bad. I thought it was actually kind of nice to see the teams strategies for a green flag race play out. How often do we see a team take a big chance in hopes the race runs green for an entire run or to the end of a race only to have 'debris' fall on the track the second green flag stops cycle through? I thought the race had an interesting strategy to it and even at the end wondering who was going to pit with 50 to go and try for a big lead and when the #48 did exactly that I thought it was interesting enough trying to guess if/when the #4 was going to catch him. I think the green flag stops made the 200 lap run interesting enough which only made me realize further how loving stupid the CAUTION CLOCK is. The truck series will not have to make a green flag stop one time all year unless they are trying to beat the clock like at Daytona which really worked out for everybody there.

Not every race can be 300 laps like the final laps of Darlington in 2003.

I'm only really making GBS threads on it because I don't care about harvick and I don't like Johnson, it was good strategy and was a show of real skill and cunning and is what a real competition is really like. I, however, am a big fan of chaos so the only time I was really able to get into the race was Kes trying desperately to block Johnson from lapping him and keep him from winning.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Needs More Ditka posted:

I'm only really making GBS threads on it because I don't care about harvick and I don't like Johnson, it was good strategy and was a show of real skill and cunning and is what a real competition is really like. I, however, am a big fan of chaos so the only time I was really able to get into the race was Kes trying desperately to block Johnson from lapping him and keep him from winning.

Same.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Lol at people mad Jimmie has won as much as a dead guy.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I actually did like this race, and was sleepy so I took a nap. It was kind of an intersection point of two things, please calm down Biffleman it's going to be ok

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

maffew buildings posted:

I actually did like this race, and was sleepy so I took a nap. It was kind of an intersection point of two things, please calm down Biffleman it's going to be ok

Hey I don't care what you do, watch, don't watch, whatever. I just think we finally got something different this week than the run of the mill mile and a half snoozer with perfectly timed cautions every 42 laps to bunch everyone up and give the leader clean air and the complaints just keep coming. Just trying to point out some of what I thought was interesting and that we might not see it again for the rest of the year and I found it to be an enjoyable change of pace.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Needs More Ditka posted:

Take a shot everytime someone says "lower down whateverthefuck package." I don't even know what you ridiculous people are talking about but I do know that I just sat through three hours of a Harvick Johnson borefest so they must not be that great.

this is why we have the chase and caution clocks, everyone

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hey wicka

quote:

“I think it was just a business decision, it brings stability and give us a vision for the future” Haas explains of the switch. “Ford has a long term vision of what they want to do in racing and parallels what we want to do. GM has been great to us over the years and we were not really looking to change but the synergies that Ford brought to the table we just could not pass that up.” With Fords global motorsport programme going through a significant change at present it must be wondered what those synergies are, could Haas for example move into the WEC with the new GTE Ford programme or even bring Ford back into Formula 1? Haas smiles and refuses to be drawn only stating that “I think running at Le Mans would be great, the Indy 500, Le Mans, Daytona and Monaco too. Those are all big races, I like the idea of doing that.”

link

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Sunday's race owned. With the slipping and sliding combined with the old FOX music, I thought for a second I was back in 2004 watching a race at Rockingham. All it needed was more starters.

Plus, this ended up the stat of the day:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

LASTCAR posted:

Sunday's race owned. With the slipping and sliding combined with the old FOX music, I thought for a second I was back in 2004 watching a race at Rockingham. All it needed was more starters.

Plus, this ended up the stat of the day:

It should be in %'s because 312 laps at Atlanta is definitely harder to pull off than 401 at Martinsville.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

this is the same guy who said "i like yellow" when asked what color his F1 car would be and then it turned out to be grey and black and red like everything else

also racing engineering is trash, this is the same magazine that heard honda kept their old F1 staff working for a few months in 2009 before they could reassign them and spun it as if honda had a shadow F1 team for like 6 years

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
hit the engines, turn the boat, she's going under the keel!

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Cup needs the caution clock.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 6 days!)

One more and I get "bad posts in the nascar thread" bingo!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
https://twitter.com/Bro_Pair/status/704448418836512768

Hm!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/pamelarae32/status/704449884750008320

https://twitter.com/A_S12/status/704447526506766336

:shepface:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Turn left NASCAR noooo

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
I thought I was reading satire, all the way until the photos.

Well, I guess we shouldn't be surprised. NASCAR turning right, just like Dale.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Put the Frances up against the wall already.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Wait so is this NASCAR endorsing him or the CEO and some drivers endorsing him? It'd be funny if it was the first one and that drivers who don't like him can't disagree without being penalized.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Mr. Trump grins at the crowd, a total packed house. With a firm grim on Ryan Newman's shoulder, he leans over and whispers into his ear, "I'll blow this moon landing business wide open. It's gonna be huge, I tell you. The public will know the truth once and for all."

• Locked thread