Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

sbaldrick posted:

My favorite part of the season is Rusty just wants to do a good job in science and the wackjobs ruin it for him.

We might have been wrong the whole time, Rusty might have good science in him he just can't get it done because his father has created a legacy that causes him nothing but problems.

I saw it as the exact opposite. He's taken a hugely successful Apple-esque tech company, fired most of the staff and got it producing 'God Gas', which has so far led to a bellboy being beaten to death and a memetic video of Billy trying to eat a burger on a bad trip. Rusty is absolute poison to anything he touches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellbat
Feb 23, 2014
It's a real shame THINK Tank is already dead. Also, one of the vans in the parking lot looked liked it belong to Manotaur. I don't think he's coming back for it.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Pope Guilty posted:

Not only has Amazon not added the new episode to my library, they're offering to sell it to me in SD for $1.99 and saying

I am getting seriously frustrated with how useless they've been in this. Nothing about this should be the least difficult.

e: Now they are offering to sell me the HD version for $2.99. This is... progress? Kind of?

Aaaaannnnd now it's available to me. I'm unclear as to why that took twelve and a half hours.

At least you have the option of buying it. I still can't find a UK provider that has season 6, and trying to buy off Microsoft's US store has left me £15 down and unable to watch it; the free previews play on the desktop Films & TV app but don't even show up on the exact same app on my Windows phone. Amazon is up to season 4 and iTunes is up to season 5.

I mean I try to buy things when I can, but what options do I have here? It's nonsense.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

multijoe posted:

I saw it as the exact opposite. He's taken a hugely successful Apple-esque tech company, fired most of the staff and got it producing 'God Gas', which has so far led to a bellboy being beaten to death and a memetic video of Billy trying to eat a burger on a bad trip. Rusty is absolute poison to anything he touches.

Rusty's forte is producing super-sciencey stuff that wouldn't be out of place if the VB universe was firmly set in a cliched and thoroughly camp 1960s Hanna-Barbera-style setting. But it's not. So not only are Doc's inventions horribly out of date, they're also horribly out of place. So is his approach to a lot of problems. He's capable of doing brilliant things, but only in the most bass-ackwardly wrong-headed ways possible.

Oddly enough, he wouldn't be having so many of these problems if he was a supervillain. People expect supervillains to be outlandish and out of place. His "god gas" would fit perfectly in the hands of a supervillain, as would a lot of his other inventions.

I always thought Rusty would make a far better villain than a super-scientist if it wasn't for his father's legacy and his own unwillingness to cross that Moral Event Horizon.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

I always thought Rusty would make a far better villain than a super-scientist if it wasn't for his father's legacy and his own unwillingness to cross that Moral Event Horizon.

So did Dr. Killenger, but we saw how that turned out.

A moment of silence for Think Tank. :(

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

LashLightning posted:

A moment of silence for Think Tank. :(

I mean, what other show introduces two interesting villains, fleshes them out nicely then murders them both in one 20 minute episode?

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Prediction: Every villain for the rest of the season dies in the same hole on the ground floor of the Venture building, culminating in the entire building collapsing in the season finale.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Ajaxify posted:

Prediction: Every villain for the rest of the season dies in the same hole on the ground floor of the Venture building, culminating in the entire building collapsing in the season finale.

Then I hope they have to move into some shanty warehouse in Brooklyn, just to keep the inside city jokes flowing.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

do you guys think they are going to show the small time crooks, ie the ones beneath haraungatan and big brain guy

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

The bald guy on the left is in one of the ads at least.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Maybe we'll get a montage like when they showed the boys getting killed over and over.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tubesock Holocaust posted:

Rusty's forte is producing super-sciencey stuff that wouldn't be out of place if the VB universe was firmly set in a cliched and thoroughly camp 1960s Hanna-Barbera-style setting. But it's not. So not only are Doc's inventions horribly out of date, they're also horribly out of place. So is his approach to a lot of problems. He's capable of doing brilliant things, but only in the most bass-ackwardly wrong-headed ways possible.

Oddly enough, he wouldn't be having so many of these problems if he was a supervillain. People expect supervillains to be outlandish and out of place. His "god gas" would fit perfectly in the hands of a supervillain, as would a lot of his other inventions.

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aBP-JOZsU

Venture is only not a supervillain because it would be too boring.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Rusty isn't a supervillain because he's only passively evil, not through deliberate choice. Look at The Monarch, who's the most authentic supervillain in the show and lives and breathes true hatred of Rusty through his every action and then Rusty himself, who's just looking to make a buck without the slightest thought of the consequences of his actions ... even if it involves the heart of an orphan or one hundred dead people

Hawaiian Shirt
Oct 10, 2006

I barely even drink a lot

theflyingexecutive posted:

The bald guy on the left is in one of the ads at least.

Wasn't he also the dude at the tailor's looking for green chainmail? Rusty got him kicked out, which is as good a reason to arch someone as any.

edit^^ a full gross at least

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe
The best part of the orphan exchange is when Rusty half-assed defends his choice to use a forsaken child by making the important point that he "didn't use the whole thing."

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

multijoe posted:

and a memetic video of Billy trying to eat a burger on a bad trip.

I could swear I saw something like that in real life, but I can't remember what it might be.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

Mraagvpeine posted:

I could swear I saw something like that in real life, but I can't remember what it might be.

David Hasselhoff

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

pentyne posted:

What?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8aBP-JOZsU

Venture is only not a supervillain because it would be too boring.

When I first saw that I thought Rusty killed the orphan himself. Now that I know better he probably scummed the local morgues for younger John Does who had their bodies donated to medical research. He probably called them up like he was answering an ad on Craigslist, harassing the coroner's office to deliver it to him so he wouldn't have to make the trip himself. "12 years old, huh? Either you're pawning off Michael J. Fox or that's the ugliest dead orphan I've ever seen...but I guess it'll have to do!"

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

The backgrounds for this show are freakin' GOR-geous. Also, you just know in the 90s Doc and Jackson were here all the time.

edit:

VANOTAUR

Snark fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Mar 1, 2016

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Has anyone mentioned that a nickname for blue morpho butterflies is The Emperor?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Has anyone not received the subscription I 💀NY shirt?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Vanotaur. Oh my god, I didn't even catch that. This loving show.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

Consummate Professional posted:

Not yet. I wonder when the season 5 subscriber-only shirt's showed up?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Mraagvpeine posted:

Several years back, David Hasselhoff got really drunk and his daughter filmed him trying to eat a cheeseburger without a shirt on to get him to stop drinking.

There was also a video of a child who had just got knocked out at the dentist asking "is this real life?"

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.

I emailed them today, and they said the bonus shirts will be shipping out "in a few weeks." So I'm guessing it'll be in the last of the shipments.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, it was a weird mash up of two fairly forgotten internet videos.

Man, RIP Think Tank. I loved his "May I go now?", and everything with him and Brock, but as was said, I was surprised there was no "the slow blade penetrates the shield".

You know, last week I almost said "I bet Brock is going to learn about International Women's Day" when he ran off to Warrina's place, as I had just seen Deadpool, but felt "no they're not going to do that", and of course its another pegging joke.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I'm actually kinda glad maybe Brock found someone to settle with. I did feel like that there was gonna be something happening when he was banging Headshot's girlfriend (either he finds out or it just goes nowhere, which it probably did). I do want more of the avengers though or at least more Nathan Fillon Spider man. :v:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

JMBosch posted:

I emailed them today, and they said the bonus shirts will be shipping out "in a few weeks." So I'm guessing it'll be in the last of the shipments.

Thanks! I was afraid it got lost in the mail.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I just realize Clancy Brown's character is next to arching Dr. Venture. I went back to rewatch the episode (because it was that drat good) and I paused when Gary flipped his laptop up and yeah he's right next to Think Tank.

Wonder how he'll fall into the Crash Pit.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 1, 2016

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Warianna really clicked for me when she turned around to beat up Think Thank.

"Oh do not even tell me that pompous son of a Gorgon is messing with MY MAN."

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I was kind of disappointed with Think Tank. I think the cleverness of his character only worked in the season trailer. Just seeing him enter and say "I am think tank" was so hilarious in the trailer. Unfortunately it doesn't work when they build up with him being a professor and revealing the think tank before he shows up to arch Rusty.

Catalyst-proof
May 11, 2011

better waste some time with you

Ajaxify posted:

Well the Monarch found something under his home...

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I'm really digging all the lady characters with actual lady voices.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

I want all the lackeys to fall in the pit

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
This season has been so loving good and I am already sad that there are only a few weeks left. Soo many callbacks and references this season it has been unreal and good lord has it been funny as hell. Gonna have to give this week's shirt to my sister, though, don't know how I feel wearing that.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dazerbeams posted:

I'm really digging all the lady characters with actual lady voices.

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch has a beautiful voice and I won't hear otherwise.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.

I want all the lackeys to fall in the pit

They should just start the next episode a few days later with all of them in there.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like that Rusty probably watched Elsa She Wolf of the SS once, and that's one of his go to fantasies.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Cernunnos posted:

AKA:

Goldilocks
Captain Mullethead
Frankenmullet
Brock of Ages
BrockLobster
Brocodile
Pop 'n' Fresh
Babe Ruthless
Brock Ness Monster
AGENT TOPANGA LAWRENCE

I've been keeping Shore Leave's list for years. Additionally:
Chewbrocka
Brockcusteau
Brockstar
And mentions to a fortress of Brockitude.

The end credits make it look like they're getting financial incentives to have the show set in New York, so they might stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
They recorded some things in New York so that probably qualifies them for whatever credit they got from New York. I think Archer gets the same thing for being made in Georgia.