Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Cojawfee posted:

They recorded some things in New York so that probably qualifies them for whatever credit they got from New York. I think Archer gets the same thing for being made in Georgia.

You mean MADE... in GEORGIA. I always hear that old country-sounding guy in my head when I those words. -.-

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

Shindragon posted:

Wonder how he'll fall into the Crash Pit.

I rewound the scene where Battleaxe ran Think Tank into the hole a couple of times, just so I could absorb all of the hilarity that comes from the fact that the murdered antagonists are all killed as a result of being near the wrong hole at the wrong time. I told my wife that I'm pretty sure all of the arches with Venture arching rights are going to die in that hole if they don't cover it up or something.

And I don't know if anyone has talked about this, but isn't it a little weird that Think Tank would protect Dean by telling him to be elsewhere during the scheduled arching activities? Maybe it's the small sample size, but it seems to me that he'd include Dean as a target of his arching efforts.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Think Tank is a professional. The Monarch is a dick.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

THINK Tank's sad disappointment at Dr. Venture not knowing how to play chess was great.

But I think Brock's "I can dodge it" is my favorite moment of the season so far.

JD
Jan 11, 2003

tarlibone posted:

And I don't know if anyone has talked about this, but isn't it a little weird that Think Tank would protect Dean by telling him to be elsewhere during the scheduled arching activities? Maybe it's the small sample size, but it seems to me that he'd include Dean as a target of his arching efforts.

I think he was just trying to keep his identity hidden from Dean

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Maybe the robot water was still giving Dean a boost in his brain and Think Tank had an inkling of respect for him but wanted him to grow a bit before doing the arching thing.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
Think Tank would have loving loved J.J.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Medullah posted:

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch has a beautiful voice and I won't hear otherwise.

Not even a scar? Did you look around the nipple, or belly button? Sometimes they- they put ’em in through there.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

EwokEntourage fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 1, 2016

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I feel like this is going to give The Monarch away.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Mokinokaro posted:

Im still waiting for a return of the bear guy

With his trusty sidekick: A knife

Medullah posted:

Dr. Mrs. The Monarch has a beautiful voice and I won't hear otherwise.

Agreed

Illinois Smith posted:

hand to hand combat, murder, zeppelin

You can probably add something else to that interests list :butt:

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Does Dr Venture know Dr. Mrs. The Monarch she turned him into a caterpillar? I don't think so but it's been a long time.

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Cojawfee posted:

They recorded some things in New York so that probably qualifies them for whatever credit they got from New York. I think Archer gets the same thing for being made in Georgia.

It's not a new thing, though. In the half decade between seasons NY added more ways to get production tax breaks, but with more branding. They've been producing the show + doing VA work out of Doc Hammer's bathroom with a hole in the wall since the show's inception.

Kesper North posted:

You mean MADE... in GEORGIA. I always hear that old country-sounding guy in my head when I those words. -.-

Country...sounding? He doesn't even sound like he's from Atlanta to me.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Capn Beeb posted:

With his trusty sidekick: A knife

It's good to see that he's getting work since Dunder-Mifflin folded.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Also holy poo poo I was loving dying at Good Time Goof Gas

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

I watched this gif about 50 times before I realized what I was looking at, I'm so ashamed. Glad you made a gif though I completely missed it in the show!

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Consummate Professional posted:

Does Dr Venture know Dr. Mrs. The Monarch she turned him into a caterpillar? I don't think so but it's been a long time.

iirc she tried to explain it to him at one point (in the wedding episode when he was hitting on her) but it just went in one ear and out the other.

Doctor Syrup
Apr 7, 2009

Like old times, indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbZWXPaiM0s

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The sheer :haw: joy that Billy's mom, Action Man and Colonel Gentleman were taking in his humiliation was so great.

I really hope Dr. Mrs the Monarch goes full on against Rusty for being the Blue Morpho and only mentions it to Watch and Ward in the finale, when they say,"Nah we were on the phone with him when that happened, if you'd just asked us we could have avoided all this trouble."

They should have left them on the Council of 13 :colbert:

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

Jerusalem posted:

I really hope Dr. Mrs the Monarch goes full on against Rusty for being the Blue Morpho and only mentions it to Watch and Ward in the finale, when they say,"Nah we were on the phone with him when that happened, if you'd just asked us we could have avoided all this trouble."

They should have left them on the Council of 13 :colbert:

The two most knowledgeable people!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Comrade Quack posted:

The two most knowledgeable people!

One of them even figured out how to make a robot dog walk on its hind legs!

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Nah, Watch and Ward are good lieutenants; you need someone below the ones giving the orders who know how to actually carry them out.

Also I worked out how to get videos purchased in the US Microsoft store to play on my UK desktop, turns out you just change the region in settings, so I am on board with the season pass now.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Mar 1, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

tarlibone posted:

I rewound the scene where Battleaxe ran Think Tank into the hole a couple of times, just so I could absorb all of the hilarity that comes from the fact that the murdered antagonists are all killed as a result of being near the wrong hole at the wrong time. I told my wife that I'm pretty sure all of the arches with Venture arching rights are going to die in that hole if they don't cover it up or something.

His arch is venture. Dean is probably one of the only students he has that pays attention at all in class and he wants him to succeed.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

ultramiraculous posted:

Country...sounding? He doesn't even sound like he's from Atlanta to me.

Dude sounds like Sam Elliott in The Big Lebowski to me. For this Pacific Northwesterner, that's close enough to country :v:

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Mr. Nice! posted:

His arch is venture. Dean is probably one of the only students he has that pays attention at all in class and he wants him to succeed.

Wrong tense :getin:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Yeah he dead.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just assumed that he didn't want someone there who would be able to recognize his very unique voice and appearance.

Edit: One of the things I like about ThinkTank is that, despite being arguably the smartest person we've met so far in the Ventureverse, it doesn't seem like he's put nearly as much thought into his villain persona as others in the show.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 1, 2016

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Think Tank was great and yeah when he started to monologue, I giggled when Rusty was like oh my god i'm so sick of this poo poo. And yes Brock's I could dodge it smug face just had me smiling.

Am I weird for saying I really like how each episode connects to each other and it's not like 10 days or month when the next one happens (in terms of time passing by in the venture universe) I was hoping we get to see the Morphomoblie again. I figured it was gonna be written off as a joke that they got their vehicle impounded.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Does anyone have a GIF of Brock hilariously fumbling his knife pull? Definitely my favorite moment of the episode.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
This season has been fantastic so far. I must say, the wait was almost worth it.

Awww, we're halfway done with this one already :smith:.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?

pentyne posted:

Venture is only not a supervillain because it would be too boring.

Plus he would be too cheap to order/pay for new henchmen.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

SeanBeansShako posted:

This season has been fantastic so far. I must say, the wait was almost worth it.

Awww, we're halfway done with this one already :smith:.

Yeah, this season feels so much more cohesive and consistent to me than seasons 4 and 5. And it's a lot simpler and more straightforward than any other season. At this point it's a Venture Bros. sitcom, and I have zero problems with that. I love it.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

BooDoug187 posted:

Plus he would be too cheap to order/pay for new henchmen.

Henching is (at least partially) a government funded Work-Release program according to Killinger. So he doesn't have to pay for henchmen and he could always put his best henchman to work maintaining the numbers. :v:

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
The serialization works well for this season, but honestly I really liked how the old seasons were like that. I think it lent itself better to world-building, and its more in line with Johnny Quest and the kind of pulpy stuff the show is based on

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
This season is definitely a lot more cohesive. It feels kind of weird compared to previous seasons. In the early seasons, it was mostly just situation of the week. There was continuity but there wasn't really an overarching story. You watch an episode and it's pretty cool, now just wait for the next one. It wasn't until All This and Gargantua-2 that I really started to realize there was a story going on. When they got to the part where Dean and Doc needed to shut down the shield. Dean says "Didn't the interns that built this have four arms?" I remember thinking "What? When the hell did that happen?" I went back and watched What Color Is Your Cleansuit and saw they were building the shield for JJ's space station. Then when I was rewatching the whole thing later and JJ says "Can you believe it Sally? Life among the stars!"

This season just doesn't wrap up. It's nonstop action.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What did Red Mantle and Dragoon say at the council meeting? When Dr. Mrs. The Monarch says "there's only one thing that means..." or whatever, they had simultaneous explanations of Blue Morpho's reappearance.

One says "Ninja ghost", I think?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What did Red Mantle and Dragoon say at the council meeting? When Dr. Mrs. The Monarch says "there's only one thing that means..." or whatever, they had simultaneous explanations of Blue Morpho's reappearance.

One says "Ninja ghost", I think?

I replayed thus a few times, got ninja ghost from red mantle but just gibberish from dragoon.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

walgreenslatino posted:

The serialization works well for this season, but honestly I really liked how the old seasons were like that. I think it lent itself better to world-building, and its more in line with Johnny Quest and the kind of pulpy stuff the show is based on

Oh I totally agree. I just think the world is built. We've gotten a whole lot of that. We've established pretty much everything about this world that I'd like established and now I'm glad we've got something fresh before I got tired of what came before.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

So in addition to the Vanotaur, I'm seeing some sort of cat-mobile on the right, and a weird fish-looking bus-thing on the left. And maybe a car with some weird ears in the back on the right?

Lots of heroes and villains gettin' their cars impounded.

NYC parking is a harsh mistress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I replayed thus a few times, got ninja ghost from red mantle but just gibberish from dragoon.

I don't remember if it was Dragoon, but I remember someone saying time travel along side ninja ghost