Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ili
Jul 26, 2003

cpaf posted:

Sounds like a hugely toxic relationship and they're both pretty scum tbh, zero tolerance for SKD though and the Roosters should sack him (they won't)

I dunno about that, if he's found guilty there's a very good chance he'll be sacked. Plus the NRL would likely deregister him as a player.

Mitchy poo might be up poo poo's creek too if Hastings and Niko the Younger put on a decent show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Nah he has enough money to pay for the sort of lawyers who can get you off for this poo poo unless there is HD footage of the actual incident. The revelation that she approached the Roosters for money is pretty easy to spin in a way that makes her look really bad and if this is a jury trial I'd say that's probably enough to get him off already. I don't know though, even if he is guilty how do you prove it? All we've heard is she had a bruise that she told her friend was caused by dropping a weight on herself so who could honestly convict on that evidence?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Knights announce three captains - NRL.com

quote:

The Newcastle Knights have announced three joint captains for the 2016 season, with new signing Trent Hodkinson joining Jeremy Smith and Tariq Sims as the club's new leaders.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Troubled former-Warrior Kevin Locke has opened up about his depression and multiple suicide attempts. It does explain, to some extent, why he is the way he is.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/77298336/how-league-player-kevin-locke-beat-depression

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...226-gn54sx.html

"The push is part of new chief executive Justin Pascoe's plan to create a unique atmosphere at games. While some of the themes are aligned to NRL-themed rounds, such as the annual Indigenous round, the Tigers will introduce others, including a 1980s theme, a circus round, back to school round and a legends round as the club looks to improve its engagement with fans."

I can't wait for "score more points than the opposition" day, or "no missed tackles" day.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Gorbash posted:

"The push is part of new chief executive Justin Pascoe's plan to create a unique atmosphere at games. While some of the themes are aligned to NRL-themed rounds, such as the annual Indigenous round, the Tigers will introduce others, including a 1980s theme, a circus round, back to school round and a legends round as the club looks to improve its engagement with fans."

I can't wait for "score more points than the opposition" day, or "no missed tackles" day.

I want every round to be "Raudonikis era Magpies" round.

Also apparently the Knights may have as many as 5 debutants round 1. May as well, their existing roster was loving poo poo even though they cut a lot of dead wood.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm not sure why they need a beyondblue week considering every true tigers fan already suffers depression.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

I'm not sure why they need a circus week.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Maybe we're trying to preemptively contain it in that one rather than spreading it out over all 24 games.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

I want every round to be "Raudonikis era Magpies" era.

Why must you make me cry about the past?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Gorbash posted:

I guess with thirteen clowns on the field it makes sense to have a circus themed day.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
The jury says you must acquit.

SKD gets off all charges.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

MiniSune posted:

The jury says you must acquit.

SKD gets off all charges.

if the twit don't fit, you must acquit.

I wonder if lawyers legitimately use the "not his go" defense

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

quote:

However, he also found that the couple's relationship had been characterised by language from both parties that was "rude, base and vulgar", expressed in 40,000 separate text messages.

Holy poo poo, how many loving text messages do people send nowadays o_0

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Glad I wasn't the articled clerk who had to sift through 40,000 texts between those two morons

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

This is nice, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJMAKofWUY short highlights from Toulouse XIII vs Wath Brow in the Challenge Cup. There some good attacking play! Wath Brow is a small village in Cumbria just at the edge of the Lake District about 10 miles from where I grew up. Them playing against a french city makes me happy :)

The camera work is surprisingly good, I wonder if they went over with the froggies, cos I'm sure there's no one in Cumbria knows how to use a Camera.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I rather enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, whoever had that camera was far and away better than most people filming lower level sports, since at no point did it wander over to the crowd or just stare at a point behind play. Good standard of football, too.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Team lists are out today. Can't believe the season is about to start.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Dirty Frank posted:

This is nice, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiJMAKofWUY short highlights from Toulouse XIII vs Wath Brow in the Challenge Cup. There some good attacking play! Wath Brow is a small village in Cumbria just at the edge of the Lake District about 10 miles from where I grew up. Them playing against a french city makes me happy :)

The camera work is surprisingly good, I wonder if they went over with the froggies, cos I'm sure there's no one in Cumbria knows how to use a Camera.

It was nice to see the crowd so well-behaved and polite to the opposition as well. They encourage their players, and cheer their team, and then politely applaud the opposition when they score their points.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Can't wait for the team lists to come out and gently caress over my entire fantasy team. Apparently Barba is actually going to start at fullback for the Sharks with Bird at centre and Holmes at wing, he also apparently has trained really well in the off season/is actually keen to play footy again/is confident/hasn't hosed any of his teammates partners

Also keen to find out whether Opacic or Eden replaces Maranta on Thursday, but I'm pretty sure it'll be Eden

E: Ayshford named over Hurrell, Warriors already starting the season hosed

Thinking fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 1, 2016

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Hurrell isn't fat for once so I can only assume he's carrying a knock?

We are notoriously bad starters so I don't have high hopes for this game but our starting line up looks pretty great on paper.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Ewar Woowar posted:

We are notoriously bad starters so I don't have high hopes for this game but our starting line up looks pretty great on paper.

McFadden really doesn't like Hurrell.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

On the bright side, McFadden might only have a job for a half dozen weeks

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
I've got to go Taiwan for work for about a month. How can I watch NRL? Because of time difference I'm not going to be able to see it live, I just want to watch a complete game when I can.

Prepared to pay money, I understand VPNs

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Unblock-us works fine for me, it's a DNS proxy so you don't even have to reroute traffic through a VPN. $10 a month I think? Only $5. I have the yearly subscription. Set it to Sweden or Germany and then watch on http://livestream.com/nrl at 720, which is miles better than the terrible 360p streams you can find around.

e: the games are also uploaded on livestream so you can watch them whenever

Thinking fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 1, 2016

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Ewar Woowar posted:

I don't mind making Hurrell earn his spot. He isn't entitled to start in first grade just because he actually showed up in shape for the first time ever.

Ben Henry starting over Bodene Thompson is more interesting to me. Thompson was great last year. Henry is on his last chance, he was a superstar U20s player, but injuries have been a big problem and he has never consistently proven himself in first grade.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Good luck!
Thanks mate

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

No sane person should be worried about the warriors losing to the tigers in round one.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

No sane person should be worried about the warriors losing to the tigers in round one.

Warriors losing to bad Tigers teams seems like a tradition.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

iajanus posted:

You're talking about the Warriors, who also happen to be coached by Andrew McFadden.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It was pretty fun putting 50 points on them two rounds ago, I guess.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The NRL FANTASY comp is still open (11 spots left) if you haven't joined and might be interested

https://fantasy.nrl.com

INVITE CODE: E2KN3WM4

spacegoat
Dec 23, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nap Ghost
Fuggit I'm in. Go Parra :smith:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Jono C posted:

Ben Henry starting over Bodene Thompson is more interesting to me. Thompson was great last year. Henry is on his last chance, he was a superstar U20s player, but injuries have been a big problem and he has never consistently proven himself in first grade.

As far as I've heard Bodene is probably actually more likely to start than Benry despite the team list, depending on injury concerns. Which would be a shame for the 50% of fantasy players who own Benry

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:

bowmore posted:

The NRL FANTASY comp is still open (11 spots left) if you haven't joined and might be interested

I like how they have a soldier goatse'ing his shirt on the right-hand side of the website. :goatsecx:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Fanatic posted:

I like how they have a soldier goatse'ing his shirt on the right-hand side of the website. :goatsecx:
No ring though

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Time to make a fool of myself again...

Broncos
Cowboys
Rabbitohs
Warriors
Sea Eagles
Storm
Bulldogs
Dragons
Raiders
Eels
Sharks
Panthers
Knights
Cunts
Tigers
Titans

E:

bowmore posted:

I just joined. Why is the league set to start in round 4?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

Time to make a fool of myself again...

I just joined. Why is the league set to start in round 4?
that's when head to head starts, might change it to overall though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I changed the league settings, we need 1 more player

League name The Goons
Privacy settings Private
Skill level Intermediate
League size 12 users
League type Head-to-head