Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
Oh, wow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Hmm. I have no idea how Poison damage works in EOU. It scales off the TEC stat, except it doesn't appear to increase linearly, like EO2U's poison damage does. Instead it appears to only increase once the user's TEC stat reaches set thresholds.

Oh and for reference, here's how powerful EOU's Poison skills are.

Toxic Injection:
1: 165 Base Poison damage
2: 170 Base Poison damage
3: 175 Base Poison damage
4: 180 Base Poison damage
5: 220 Base Poison damage
6: 228 Base Poison damage
7: 236 Base Poison damage
8: 244 Base Poison damage
9: 252 Base Poison damage
10: 360 Base Poison damage
11: 370 Base Poison damage
12: 380 Base Poison damage
13: 390 Base Poison damage
14: 400 Base Poison damage
15: 520 Base Poison damage

Viper:
1: 20 Base Poison damage
2: 30 Base Poison damage
3: 40 Base Poison damage
4: 50 Base Poison damage
5: 80 Base Poison damage
6: 95 Base Poison damage
7: 110 Base Poison damage
8: 125 Base Poison damage
9: 140 Base Poison damage
10: 300 Base Poison damage
11: 320 Base Poison damage
12: 340 Base Poison damage
13: 360 Base Poison damage
14: 380 Base Poison damage
15: 650 Base Poison damage

Interesting to note that Toxic Injection is the better level 10 Poison skill to use, especially with the Medic's higher TEC stat. While Viper is the better Boosted level 10 skill to use.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Etrian Odyssey 5 coming to 3DS in Japan August 4

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I feel unnaturally happy about this.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

I feel unnaturally happy about this.

I will enjoy playing it a year after you.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

about loving time

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I wish that magazine scan wasn't so small, but I can barely make out a really heavily armored dude in the battle screenshot, possibly with a shield. Kinda looks like Hoplite levels of armor but, again, can't really tell.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The shadowy portrait there is presumably a new class. Looks to be dual wielding rapiers.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I'd guess some kinda Troubadour or Dancer-like class going by the what-seems-to-be lack of armor around the chest, but the gauntlets and maybe-tiny-shield kinda make me doubt that theory.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I'd guess some kinda Troubadour or Dancer-like class going by the what-seems-to-be lack of armor around the chest, but the gauntlets and maybe-tiny-shield kinda make me doubt that theory.

I'm thinking either the landsknect analogue or a glass cannon sort of class.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

4 races, Humans, Elves, Furries/Minkmen, and gnomes/small humans .

You will be able to freely mix races and classes. Not sure if it's purely aesthetix (almost certainly not though)

Chara customization got a huge boost. Can choose voices for your dudes. Colours can be freely chosen (at least for hair and eyes)

Classes: Fencer, Dragoon, Cestus, Reaper, Necromancer, Warlock, Herbalist, Shaman, Masurao (samurai-like?) , Hound class.

Info pretty much all cribbed from NeoGAF.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Mar 1, 2016

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Pureauthor posted:

You will be able to freely mix races and classes. Not sure if it's purely aesthetix (almost certainly not though)

Chara customization got a huge boost. Can choose voices for your dudes. Colours can be freely chosen (at least for hair and eyes)

crazy, this is exciting

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Any opportunity for more minmaxing is good.

Rea
Apr 5, 2011

Komi-san won.
I look forward to spending hours agonizing over what specific voices and colors to use in addition to what base portrait to use

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If I can't give a girl character a dude voice then no sale.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Ragnar Homsar posted:

I look forward to spending hours agonizing over what specific voices and colors to use in addition to what base portrait to use

well you can cross the last one off since the bunny girl is in the preview scan

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Edit: nevermind

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Mar 1, 2016

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

According to this source, you don't get to choose races freely, but instead they're tied to the classes like Bushi and Arcanists were in EO4. It's just more evenly spread out. Four human classes and two each of the others. Hound apparently means "Houndmaster", not an animal itself like Beast.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Oh man Satomi Arai is a voice

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

Oh man Satomi Arai is a voice

It's an Atlus game, Japanese voices probably wont be in the English version.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Fingers crossed for a class based around summoning and/or throwing dogs at the enemy. :woof:

(Great news though, I was super burned out on the series but this has me excited again.)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Class Roles:

Fencer - Standard Swordsman

Dragoon -Standard Tank

Cestus - Punchmans Class

Reaper - Uses sickles? Sounds like it might be the Dark Hunter of EO5

Necromancer - Summoner Class

Warlock - Elemental Attacks

Herbalist - Standard Healing class

Shaman - Uses powers to 'save' allies?

Masurao - Uses 4 swords

Hound class - Summoner beastmaster class

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014
http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/01/etrian-odyssey-v-shares-details-new-races-classes/

"Etrian Odyssey III and IV’s sub-classes and Grimoires from Etrian Odyssey Untold made it easier to create parties. Similar to the first Etrian Odyssey game, each class of Etrian Odyssey V will be strict in its roles and it’ll be difficult to make balanced parties."

No grimoires! :toot:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Choosing your own races sounds neat. Looking forward to the new classes.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

You don't choose races. Each class is always of a certain race, like Bushi and Arcanists from EO4.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Pureauthor posted:

Class Roles:

Fencer - Standard Swordsman

Dragoon -Standard Tank

Cestus - Punchmans Class

Reaper - Uses sickles? Sounds like it might be the Dark Hunter of EO5

Necromancer - Summoner Class

Warlock - Elemental Attacks

Herbalist - Standard Healing class

Shaman - Uses powers to 'save' allies?

Masurao - Uses 4 swords

Hound class - Summoner beastmaster class

I would guess that Shaman is a support class like Sovereign or Dancer, either Necromancer or Warlock is some kind of hexer, and that one of these is a ranged damage physical dealer like an archer (maybe Hound?).

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Good poo poo

I'm going to use a hound

Wiffle
Jan 5, 2014
Seems there are already leaks going around some japanese sites.

EDIT: Here's some scans courtesy of GFaqs http://imgur.com/a/p9mCq

Wiffle fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Mar 1, 2016

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Niiiiiice. By the time this comes out in the US, I should have an American 3DS, so I'll only be waiting a while to play this game instead of a stupidly long while.

Velgre
Jul 15, 2015

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

No subclasses or grimoires? E: There's a screenshot of the skill page that specifically says Base Class in English text, so maybe we'll still see subclassing in some form. Maybe they'll restrict them based on the base class, or even a Class Up kind of thing?

I'm stupidly excited with all this info being released at once.

Velgre fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Mar 1, 2016

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Aw, poo poo yeah. Can't wait to do a 5 Herbalist run (please kill me)

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

The only thing I actually care about is how many of my favourite Etrians will show up as members of the new classes this time around.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
Super excited for November 2017.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Looks like they added a new stat, Wisdom. Magic defense, maybe? Oh and summons don't use up a 6th slot, so you can actually use more than one summoning class now.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011

theshim posted:

Aw, poo poo yeah. Can't wait to do a 5 Herbalist run (please kill me)
You need to do something in the meantime to make sure your skill stays sharp. 5 Farmer run of EO3, go!
Edit: Alternatively you could ressurect that EO3 let's play... that was yours, was it not?

Saigyouji posted:

Super excited for November 2017. sometime early 2018.
I hate living in EU sometimes

Malek Deneith fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Mar 1, 2016

Velgre
Jul 15, 2015

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED

Dr. Fetus posted:

Looks like they added a new stat, Wisdom. Magic defense, maybe? Oh and summons don't use up a 6th slot, so you can actually use more than one summoning class now.

I also see an INT stat, so maybe they seperated TEC into INT/WIS? It's the only thing that makes sense to me because I also see an M.DEF stat in the status screen, along with how the stat order is STR/INT/VIT/WIS/AGI/LUC.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Quite surprised it's taken them this long to split the TEC stat, cause it was pretty broken. Does this mean they'll nerf the Fafnir type too? :v:

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Malek Deneith posted:

I hate living in EU sometimes

I was basing that on past track record. :cheeky:

The longest we've had to wait for a game we actually got was 15 months, with EO2U.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Malek Deneith posted:

You need to do something in the meantime to make sure your skill stays sharp. 5 Farmer run of EO3, go!
Edit: Alternatively you could ressurect that EO3 let's play... that was yours, was it not?
No I am not doing 5 farmers go awayyyyyyy

(and it was my old LP but it died way back and Dr. Fetus is waaaay farther and also subject to roofcats :3:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Crosspeice posted:

Quite surprised it's taken them this long to split the TEC stat, cause it was pretty broken. Does this mean they'll nerf the Fafnir type too? :v:

We Pokemon now. Although that has some interesting implications, since that means INT or whatever is the offensive magic stat now is completely useless for stuff like, tanks, where TEC served to at least give them some magic defense. Also it seems like they're focusing a bit more on the physical/magic split this time. Maybe we'll see more magic based physical attacks?

Also, totally using one of those Cestus portraits. No idea if I'm using the big beefy dude or the other boy.

Looks like Fishing is a new type of gathering spot.

I gotta say, the whole trying to be more limiting with party composition has me a bit excited, because subclassing was just all kinds of busted, and Grimoires were just bad.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Mar 1, 2016

• Locked thread