Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Sounds pretty nice tbf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buteruc
Feb 12, 2009

Furia posted:

Well, hello! I am an immigrant in London currently studying at uni, like pretty much every other immigrant here.

greetings fellow immigrant.

I was hungover again today. Life post-PhD thesis has been like a Jimmy Buffett song.

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

:britain:
I can agree with the rotting hair comment; that is the closes way to describe it. Either that or they keep accidentally catching their dreads when they light up.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

ive used up me data for the month!

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

It's only an hour 'till March, I'm sure you can last it :kiddo:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the greasy spoon near work does a huge full english for 5.50, and that's in london

and they let you trade your toast for hash browns

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

the greasy spoon near work does a huge full english for 5.50, and that's in london

I've posted it before but the breakfast van near work does a ridiculous breakfast baguette for a fiver it's really loving good in the worst possible way.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Manic X posted:

It's only an hour 'till March, I'm sure you can last it :kiddo:
im not sure when the cycle runs from

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

I'm not sure if it's the same for your phone/provider... but for me if I go to Data Usage - then Set Limit - it tells me the cycle. If that doesn't work for you, then I guess the next time you get billed, the date of the bill will be the start of your cycle until the next bill.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

the problem is it lets you set the start of the cycle yourself

i might go into the shop and ask just so i know

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Cake, is it a drug, or is it simply a delicious chocolatey piece of heaven?

Jose posted:

everyone saying a greasy spoon will be cheaper and better than weatherspoons should provide some evidence because they all still use poo poo sausages and bacon and no chance they're cheaper

There's a great greasy spoon in North Shields called The Cottage Kitchen. For under £3 I got a huge plate of eggs chips and beans, and a pot of tea. Tbf I don't bother with the sausages/bacon normally but the people next to me had some and they actually looked like they were made using meat. You could try it out, since you're local :P

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

Where? I want to go (when I'm next in London which is a million years away if I can persuade London friends to come to me...)

Venezuela chat: Welcome to the Very British Thread Where We All Complain A Lot.

franco
Jan 3, 2003

Kluliss posted:

There's a great greasy spoon in North Shields called The Cottage Kitchen. For under £3 I got a huge plate of eggs chips and beans, and a pot of tea.

The trouble with that is you have to set foot in North Shields, a place thats best boast is "not quite as populated by mutants as South Shields".

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

franco posted:

The trouble with that is you have to set foot in North Shields, a place thats best boast is "not quite as populated by mutants as South Shields".

It's nowhere near as bad as South Shields, come on! (and at least it's not Byker, or Cowgate...)

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

byker byker

byker

grooohhhve

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Wait I thought Byker was made up by the BBC..! Shows what I know.

"Me eyes man, me eyes!" - Only 90s kids will get this

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

england.jpg

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Good job I brought a new brolly yesterday; I have an interview via public transport.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

franco posted:

Yeah, it was true about 15/20 years ago, but you'll be lucky now to find a greasy spoon that is either cheap, traditional, quality or not turned into a generic pizza/kebab place.

I can recommend Linda's on Ducie Street if you're in central Manchester.

Nothing like that near where I live now though :(

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

im the serv light

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm the hosed up steering wheel.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

cum stained steering wheel

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

goatface posted:

Trustafarians?

Though now you've made me remember the girl I used to see around university who had them. She left a wake wherever she walked from people avoiding the smell of what I can only assume was rotting hair.

lmao yes this poo poo, it actually makes me sick. When I was a student I worked with a nurse who had that horrible hair and it triggered me so hard i was glad to leave that placement

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

don't mind me just gonna not wash my hair for the next few years

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
White people dreads are the worst.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bozza posted:

White people dreads are the worst.

I think the attitude that comes with them is even worse

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Just read an article about the plan for some KFCs and McDs to not serve under-18s to curb staff abuse. Great, now instead of being stopped by teenagers who want me to buy them fags, it'll be:

"Scuse me mate. If I give you a tenna can you go into KFC to grab me and my mates some popcorn chicken."

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008
Sausages in Wigan this week

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

did we ever confirm that netflix were stopping proxies?? comedy bang bang is on uk netflix now so it doesnt really matter to me any more but i still want to know

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Manic X posted:

Just read an article about the plan for some KFCs and McDs to not serve under-18s to curb staff abuse. Great, now instead of being stopped by teenagers who want me to buy them fags, it'll be:

"Scuse me mate. If I give you a tenna can you go into KFC to grab me and my mates some popcorn chicken."

Staff abuse? What the gently caress?

I also love too when some kid that looks 14 wants me to buy him fags because he "forgot his id". Look, if you aren't gonna pay me for my trouble then you aren't getting anything

Manic X
Jul 1, 2015

Furia posted:

Staff abuse? What the gently caress?

It refers to when teenagers with no GCSEs and who live off their parents take the piss out of people with jobs.

I know whose side I'm on.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
what about adults with gcses you live off their parents ana have no jobs

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Phoon posted:

did we ever confirm that netflix were stopping proxies?? comedy bang bang is on uk netflix now so it doesnt really matter to me any more but i still want to know

Yep. They said they were going to do it and they are now doing it.

I'm sure new proxies will be along in due course.

Kluliss
Mar 6, 2011

Phoon posted:

Definitely seems to be refusing access if you use tunnelbear or unblocker, but people are reporting HMA still works but looks like it'll be taken down soon, Getflix also still works but again, no idea for how long. Very unhappy, was on season 3 of X-Files and had started rewatching Hannibal, neither of which are on British (worst) Netflix. Canadian Netflix is still the best for stuff like that :/

In other grumblings: I really would like a proper cake mixer thing, or a really really really strong hand mixer. Our Heston is good, but I definitely don't want to kill him mixing up biscuit dough and the recipe I made today is tough to mix thoroughly.

vvvv I am not willing to pay that much for Amazon Prime...I'll find them all in an HMV sale or something :)

Kluliss fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Mar 1, 2016

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
the xfiles is on amazon prime video here if you've got an account

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

In a way, brake lights are like miniature traffic lights, except you can't even run them should you be so inclined.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
wtf is this advert i cant even

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

corn in the fridge posted:

im the carpet body

also wtf who thought up that advert, surrey police are silly

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

corn in the fridge posted:

How are we supposed to know that there's not a body in the carpet?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

go check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
clean for the queen has actually given me a hankering to do some fly-tipping