Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Hey guys!

Just a final note before tonight's proceedings, I'm going to post the rules and objectives in here about 5-10 minutes before going over them in mumble. Should give people the chance to mull it over and ask questions.

See y'all at 9pm EST!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

No explosives. Everything else goes as far as interacting with each other and other teams. You might want to think twice about camping someone since these all pretty much require the whole team to be involved but hey, you do you.

I also want to clarify a few things about the list. These are just words - all items are open to interpretation. If you can get clever and turn a requirement on its head I may even give a bonus point for that, just remember the spirit of tonight is team-based goals, no points are awarded for being solo. Another laxative for the rules: They're all photos so they only need to LOOK like they meet the requirements. Have fun playing with depth!

The Maze Bank Selfie is the only one that needs to be a snapmatic photo - all non-selfie photos can be screenshots sent to me after the event.

Judgement photos will be ranked and scored by ranking - 6 points for first place, 4pts, 3pts and 2pts for 2nd, 3rd and 4th and so on

Multiteam goals are exactly what they sound like. If you can pull it off, both teams involved get 10pts. I want to encourage teamwork as much as possible so this one's kind of strict: I need a photo from each team involved and the photographer must capture everyone else in their shot (dead or alive)

Team Goals 4pts each

20s Era Appropriate Photo - Vehicles, Attire, Background Building - 4 Bonus points for all three
Vertically Stacked Insurgents - 2pts for each one above the first
Seashark on a building (Any building will do but I'll award some extra points say, 1 for every 10 stories)
Maze Bank Rooftop Team Selfie - Everyone is taking their own selfie, each individual selfie must include the whole team as well as yourself. PM me your snapmatic urls in mumble.
Zancudo Air Base Jet Hangars (this) - Three Small Hangars, One person in each - 2 bonus points if everyone is alive in the photo
Hear, See, Speak No Evil
Team split amongst 3 level parking garage photo - 2 bonus points if the garage is only 3 levels total (NOTE: THERE MAY NOT ACTUALLY BE ONE OF THESE GARAGES IN THE GAME I DIDNT BOTHER TO LOOK)
Bike hopping from one car to the next
Catching the team with rotors - 1 bonus point for every extra teammate jumping in
Trailer & Truck on Mt Chiliad - 2 bonus points for two sets (I didn't realize how much time this would take, this gets 2x scoring)
Train pushing 4 cars - 1 bonus point for every extra car over 4 involved
A dump truck LOADED with crap - 1pt for every visible item in the dump

Judgement Photos
Subjective Action Photo - get everyone doing something exciting in a single shot
3 planes in flying v-formation - Get as rad as you can here, 4 bonus points for giving the blue angels a run for their money

Multiteam Goals WORTH 10 POINTS - No Judgement points here, just pull it off
Team Shootout Between FIB & IAA Buildings (This one requires a bit of explanation: Two teams will be involved, Teams will setup opposite each other on the FIB & IAA buildings so they have to shoot across at each other)

How to submit photos, judging and winners!
I will accept any kind of source that you prefer to use as a photodump. imgur albums, e-mailed zip files, a link to your steam screenshots, etc. Just do your best to get it to me within a short time after the event. I will try to go over the photos and have something posted tonight but there are always delays and I have to help someone move all day tomorrow so if I can't, results will be up Tuesday at the latest.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 29, 2016

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I am all out of cash, so I hopped on hoping to run a heist with someone and make enough cash to do up my Massacro (since it turns out that lumpen sack of poo poo actually run pretty well after some upgrades), and I ran into nothing but the most tight-fisted bastards on Earth. One guys started swearing at me because I refused to budge until he upped the take to 20% when he'd given everyone else that much, then another guy I'd been quite happily running Series A setups with suddenly decided I was only worth 10% in the finale.

In both cases I said 'bye then' and quit once the finale started.

Very early in my online playing days, somebody cut me down to only 5% on the Prison Break, but I went along with it. After three unsuccessful attempts (these were some awful pubbies), I got to the hangar, yelled Allahu Akbar into the mic, blew up the plane, and quit.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

This actually makes me want to play this dumpster fire of a game

Riversideblues
Jul 23, 2007

Dicks McGillicuddy
Just coming back to GTA:O after an extended fallout break. Did they ever create a way to permanently drop weapons that don't reappear in your next session? I'm talking about you vintage pistol.

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

what am i doing with my life :smithicide:

i landed a hydra on the highest point on the map (i.e. the antenna tower on the top of mt chiliad)

Riversideblues posted:

Did they ever create a way to permanently drop weapons that don't reappear in your next session? I'm talking about you vintage pistol.

nope lmao

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1A7bJD3atk

Thank you to everyone who came out tonight. Teams Pink and Orange raced to nab as many of those photos as possible and fun was had by all I'm sure. Special thanks to subx and coupe for observing and being good company. It's getting late so I will have a post for Tuesday with the results and an album for everyone to enjoy.

Team Pink:

Ripper Swarm, Acrimonious Bird, Psy and Futon Forensic about to tell Mayor Cryer who is in charge.

Team Orange:

Hellfaucet, The Motherfucher, Mike NLN and Slim Killington picking up the getaway vehicle deftly hidden at the Hill Valley Church.

You guys killed it tonight, the photos I've got are all great.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 29, 2016

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
"The $10001999 Bounty on dapwn3r117 has been claimed by JustinWelsch"

Sounds like a legitimately set bounty.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I wouldn't mind claiming it though :v:

TwatHammer
Sep 29, 2014

Man what i'd give to run into a bounty like that.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
Yeah but anything over like $50,000 (outside of heists) is going to be a red flag if rockstar still monitors cash income -- unless bounties aren't tracked on that.

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.

Zigmidge posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1A7bJD3atk

Thank you to everyone who came out tonight. Teams Pink and Orange raced to nab as many of those photos as possible and fun was had by all I'm sure. Special thanks to subx and coupe for observing and being good company. It's getting late so I will have a post for Tuesday with the results and an album for everyone to enjoy.

Thanks for organizing it, it was indeed fun! I'm anticipating the results, should be close...!

UserErr0r posted:

"The $10001999 Bounty on dapwn3r117 has been claimed by JustinWelsch"

Sounds like a legitimately set bounty.

Reddit says it's just a display hack, if you claim one you still get the usual $1k to $9k.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

PS4 goons, we should really try to organize something like Zigmidge has, it's sounds like a lot of fun.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
I just bought a hot pink Cheetah. My life is complete.

Also, just for coupe, I also unlocked chrome high-end rims for doing 50 finales (at least 22 of which are Pac, lmao) so I didn't put offroad tires on it for once. Bad news, I forgot to take a picture of it.

e: Bugatti just released photos of their Veyron successor. Who wants to pay $5m GTAbux for the Adder Valor in the next update?

Psion fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 29, 2016

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

Wee Bairns posted:

PS4 goons, we should really try to organize something like Zigmidge has, it's sounds like a lot of fun.

I nominate you. I will participate. Probably.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Wee Bairns posted:

not it

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

how are the ps4 crew going to get anything done with all these things to complain about gta and hackers

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

how are the ps4 crew going to get anything done with all these things to complain about gta and hackers

shouldn't you be too busy moving poo poo to make posts? :smugbert:

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

I just got home and am neglecting my gamer duties to you all

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

pc crew rules.

they play my playlists and we all have a good time riding the ups and downs of the choices i made :3:

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

pc crew rules.

they play my playlists and we all have a good time riding the ups and downs of the choices i made :3:

your playlists are a cathartic adventure that the PS4 crew should be devastated that they cannot experience kormak :love::love::love:

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Mar 1, 2016

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

coupedeville posted:

your playlists are a cathartic adventure that the PS4 crew should be devastated that they cannot experience kormak :love::love:love:
ooo im so happy

I think they can run them since playlists and maps are platform agnostic. i think theyd just have to favorite the list from social club.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/pc/playlists/playlist/OuOszH6zvUmEpTG-bjmt1Q

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
8 player playlist with lots of Rockstar stuff in it?

You dissapoint me.

titties
May 10, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

When you've been playing this game for as long as we have it becomes a lot like having sex with my wife because it takes a long time to group up, it's mostly just complaining, and then someone uploads a funny video afterwards.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

titties posted:

When you've been playing this game for as long as we have it becomes a lot like having sex with my wife because it takes a long time to group up, it's mostly just complaining, and then someone uploads a funny video afterwards.

:lol:

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

PS4 goons, come play PS4 GTAO.

Now

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I have hit level 120! The minigun, well it's not a vehicle killer apparently. Is there a way to easily get free ammunition for it? Also, I'm disappointed there's no luxury paint for it, I thought there was. In other news, I swapped my stilt house for the cheap Integrity Way apartment and actually made 100k on it, which was nice since the garage is off the street and it's near Benny's, my other garages which are near a LSC and a main road.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I'm half a level off 100, so I'm holding off on vehicle upgrades until I get there.

I ran the entirety of Series A yesterday; all pubbies under lvl 45 and every one of them knew what they were doing, thank god.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
Series A is pretty simple if I remember correctly, pretty entertaining though.

subx
Jan 12, 2003

If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate.

Anime_Otaku posted:

Series A is pretty simple if I remember correctly, pretty entertaining though.

Even so, getting a group of 4 that doesn't have at least one clueless person in it (not meaning they don't know the heist, just clueless in general), is a feat in itself.

The "pubby" problem is not that all are terrible, just that at one of the four will be and screw it up for the others.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Ziploc posted:

You dissapoint me.

post yours

the 8 player restriction comes from one of the maps, and all the maps are essential in that list.

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
Sat down to play some heists last night. Literally just sat there and surfed the web while I accepted every single invite only to get dropped from every single session either before starting or minutes later. After two hours of this I gave up and logged off.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Ziploc posted:

You dissapoint me.

Hunting pack, the best mode, is 8 players max and lol just lol if you don't have that in your playlist.

titties posted:

:lol:

I can only imagine. I'm still in the honeymoon year.

titties
May 10, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

post yours

the 8 player restriction comes from one of the maps, and all the maps are essential in that list.
he did

Ziploc posted:

You guys are magnificent bastards.

Here's the playlist we ran last night. With love.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/qhGN6kI9AUazzEYrTyYuHg

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

oh, but also

Zigmidge posted:

Hunting pack, the best mode, is 8 players max and lol just lol if you don't have that in your playlist.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Shut the gently caress up, Kormak. You PC twats need to go sit in the corner and learn a thing or two about respect.

*ahem*..

Anyway.. while some of us wait for the Division and have been playing more GTA.. I suppose it's a must that TONIGHT, we should do more playlisting. SO.. I hereby dub tonight

Tuesday Night 3/1 9PM CST Lasagna Party 2016 aka I love Gary Cooper aka Let's do stupid things on PS4

Quite simply, I'm going to make a playlist today of new things and tonight, starting at around 9PM CST, we will run said playlist and take turns berating each other until either a) someone quits, or b) well.. everyone quits. SO, who's down? The count thus far:

1) Lasagna Miracles
2) Pootbarn
3) Gary Cooper
4) Jayisspecials (tentative, but he's a puss if he doesn't show up)
5) ????

C'mon goons.. I'm tired of seeing these PC jerks talking big game. We are the originators and can do it better and longer.

titties
May 10, 2012

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Kormak. You PC twats need to go sit in the corner and learn a thing or two about respect.

*ahem*..

Anyway.. while some of us wait for the Division and have been playing more GTA.. I suppose it's a must that TONIGHT, we should do more playlisting. SO.. I hereby dub tonight

Tuesday Night 3/1 9PM CST Lasagna Party 2016 aka I love Gary Cooper aka Let's do stupid things on PS4

Quite simply, I'm going to make a playlist today of new things and tonight, starting at around 9PM CST, we will run said playlist and take turns berating each other until either a) someone quits, or b) well.. everyone quits. SO, who's down? The count thus far:

1) Lasagna Miracles
2) Pootbarn
3) Gary Cooper
4) Jayisspecials (tentative, but he's a puss if he doesn't show up)
5) ????

C'mon goons.. I'm tired of seeing these PC jerks talking big game. We are the originators and can do it better and longer.

hi

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
Fuckin' yup. Ströôòœm probably too.

NIngedit: I'm not inviting my cousin this time kkk.

SUPEREDIT:

If you want inspiration, this is my new poo poo v2 playlist that I made same day as butes 1. http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/ps4/playlists/playlist/UDoYO7bbpkuFMXdJqMM7KA

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Mar 1, 2016

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

<--- Mike_NLN

Announcing the first annual Goonball Run Celebrity Charity Event to Needlessly Endanger the Public and Benifit Kids With rear end Cancer 5000!

This weekend. Time/day TBD. Ripper had his on Sat. with better turnout than Zigmidge's on Sun. Time will be around 9pm EST. Any opinions?

To keep with the movie themed events I'm styling this after Cannonball Run and Gumball Rally.

Teams of two will compete in a race broken into sections by checkpoints. Each section is scored individually. There will be Challenges at each checkpoint that either give extra points or a head start in the next section.

Teams:
The Teams will consist of a Driver and Co-driver. The Driver will drive the Team Vehicle in all stages of the Race. The Co-driver is responsible for driving or piloting all vehicles in all Challenges between Checkpoints. Both team members must be in the Team Vehicle as it crosses the Finish Line for each section to recieve points. The Teams do not need to be random, so feel free to recruit!

Team Vehicles:
(This section may change based on the results of in game testing and feedback, namely how fast does a wild spawn car driven by a player despawn.)
The Vehicle will be a ground vehicle taken off the street. If the Vehicle is able to be modified at Los Santos Customs the Team may do appearance and performance mods only. No Armor or Bullet Proof Tires. Repairs can be made at any time during the race sections. (I just realized that any super cars taken off the street cannot be repaired. The performance modification clause was intended to even things between Supers and everything else, but this puts Supers at a disadvantage. Depending on feedback I may allow personal cars as long as they aren't the T20, Osiris, or Zentorno, don't have any armor or bulletproof tires, and fit with the Theme section.)

Theme:
Teams will decide on a theme and dress appropriately and choose a vehicle based on that theme. Points will be awarded on creativity and absurdity. There will also be a Racers Choice bonus where players will vote on their favorite team.

Combat:
(Another area i struggled with rules. I don't want to be too restrictive, but this should be a race, not a rolling gun battle)
Don't be like me! No explosives. No Heavy Revolver or AP Pistol due to their chance of exploding unarmored vehicles. No gunfire near the Start/Finish lines; I will be in a Helicopter, if I'm landed I'm the judge, if I'm in the air I didn't see nothing.

Checkpoint Challenges:
These are secret and will be unveiled at each checkpoint. Be ready for anything!

As you can see there are a few places where I'm unsure about what would be the most fun for people. I'll update this and repost once it's finalized. Suggestions are welcome here or in Mumble.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Re: lasagna party

i will try to attend, but there's been something wrong with my network connection and/or PSN and/or the R* cloud for a couple weeks and I usually get disconnected after 15-20 mins so it will probably all end in tears.

• Locked thread