Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Kormak. You PC twats need to go sit in the corner and learn a thing or two about respect.

haha this is cute but Mike NLN just came into the room carrying folding chairs with 'PS4' written on the backs.

gently caress yeah Mike what a killer idea

Just a note about the sat vs sun thing - pick the one that's best for you. Saturday this past weekend was dead while Sunday was busy in the aft (busier than for my event!). It's hard to predict when goons get the GTA urge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

C'mon goons.. I'm tired of seeing these PC jerks talking big game. We are the originators and can do it better and longer.

It's less talking and more having big game, actually

Scorched Spitz
Dec 12, 2011

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Shut the gently caress up, Kormak. You PC twats need to go sit in the corner and learn a thing or two about respect.

*ahem*..

Anyway.. while some of us wait for the Division and have been playing more GTA.. I suppose it's a must that TONIGHT, we should do more playlisting. SO.. I hereby dub tonight

Tuesday Night 3/1 9PM CST Lasagna Party 2016 aka I love Gary Cooper aka Let's do stupid things on PS4

Quite simply, I'm going to make a playlist today of new things and tonight, starting at around 9PM CST, we will run said playlist and take turns berating each other until either a) someone quits, or b) well.. everyone quits. SO, who's down? The count thus far:

1) Lasagna Miracles
2) Pootbarn
3) Gary Cooper
4) Jayisspecials (tentative, but he's a puss if he doesn't show up)
5) ????

C'mon goons.. I'm tired of seeing these PC jerks talking big game. We are the originators and can do it better and longer.

Yo.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Also, it might be cool with everyone to just consider cutting super cars altogether. You're right that it puts them at a disadvantage but they're not going to contribute to making things interesting in the first place so why include them.

Other than that I see no reason to change any of the other mechanics. I love the consideration for dress-up section of the rules :)

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

*ahem*..

Anyway.. while some of us wait for the Division and have been playing more GTA.. I suppose it's a must that TONIGHT, we should do more playlisting. SO.. I hereby dub tonight

Tuesday Night 3/1 9PM CST Lasagna Party 2016 aka I love Gary Cooper aka Let's do stupid things on PS4

Quite simply, I'm going to make a playlist today of new things and tonight, starting at around 9PM CST, we will run said playlist and take turns berating each other until either a) someone quits, or b) well.. everyone quits. SO, who's down? The count thus far:

1) Lasagna Miracles
2) Pootbarn
3) Gary Cooper
5) ????

Put me down, but I'm also super flakey so don't wait for me to show up.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Zigmidge posted:

Also, it might be cool with everyone to just consider cutting super cars altogether. You're right that it puts them at a disadvantage but they're not going to contribute to making things interesting in the first place so why include them.

Other than that I see no reason to change any of the other mechanics. I love the consideration for dress-up section of the rules :)

if you make the theme bonuses important and then cut supers, I think you'll see a lot more creativity. Otherwise I feel like our collective min-max urges, usually expressed in speedrunning Pac, might come out.

or everyone will just get in their Massacros, I dunno. Balancing racing and themes sounds tricky.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Psion posted:

if you make the theme bonuses important and then cut supers, I think you'll see a lot more creativity. Otherwise I feel like our collective min-max urges, usually expressed in speedrunning Pac, might come out.

or everyone will just get in their Massacros, I dunno. Balancing racing and themes sounds tricky.

How about everyone meets beforehand to show off their theme and then gets to racing?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Furia posted:

How about everyone meets beforehand to show off their theme and then gets to racing?

Not to be rude but don't you think this is kind of weak?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I'm actually thinking if you were forced to use one vehicle type that you grabbed off the street and you couldn't mod at LSC it'd be kind of hilarious but Mike's running the show

like I'm just imagining you in a beat to poo poo sabre turbo desperately hoping another one will spawn so you can swap into it midrace. Everyone has to stay in the same car type, but if yours gets hosed up and another one spawns you can take it at the risk of losing time. Sort of like a pit stop? If the stages are long enough, it might be worth it.

anyway just an idea. I don't know. I like sabre turbos. With the way vehicle spawning works in this game though it's either feast or famine so it might gently caress over a team pretty hard or it might let one team constantly stay in a fresh vehicle, so that might not be the best plan :shrug:

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Mar 1, 2016

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

*ahem*..

1) Lasagna Miracles
2) Pootbarn
3) Gary Cooper
5) Titties (I.e. dr urethra)
6) Ziploc (he's the cutest little raccoon)
7) [bStrom[/b] (he's Strom)
8) Craptacular
9) Montalvo
10) Scorched Spitz
11) ??

Cool.. more people. There's still room ladies. It's going to be weird demolition derbies, sniping poo poo, racing, slashing and probably some raping and pillaging. i.e. Fun for the whole family.

Scorched/Montalvo I don't think we're friends, so send me a friend request. PSN LapsusMemoriae

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

*ahem*..

1) Lasagna Miracles
2) Pootbarn
3) Gary Cooper
5) ????

I want in on this, PSN SpeakY10k

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

OK, so I'll cut supers, but I still want to have mods so you can customize to better fit your theme, and to make non sports/muscle more competitive. Maybe a spending limit? Or a class based performance limit. I'll do some testing tonight.

A few thing I forgot:

The start of the event will be teams finding and modding their vehicles. Yes we will show them off before the race. There will be a time limit on finding the Team Vehicle. There will also be a limit on how many of a single model there can be. I may require teams to be in unique models and whoever gets to the starting area first with it gets to use it.

The challenge points and other bonuses will be enough that a team which never finishes first in any section could still win. Slow but with style is a valid tactic.

I'll decide my bonus points awardee before the race and write it down. Racer's Choice will be decided afterwards.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Aww drat, looks like I'm going to have to sit this one out. And I had an RPG with the name Lasagna on it.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Psion posted:

It's less talking and more having big game, actually

prove it

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

titties posted:

prove it

Ours aren't playlists :cmon:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Stormangel posted:

I still want to have mods so you can customize to better fit your theme, and to make non sports/muscle more competitive.

Nice, nice. Makes sense.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
Coming back around to how PC players are asshats and PS4 is how it's meant to be?

We don't do hunting party because it can only handle 8 players. We roll deeper than that. You whores.

Current count for 9PM CST tonight:

1) Lasagna Miracles
2) Pootbarn
3) Gary Cooper
5) Titties (I.e. dr urethra)
6) Ziploc (he's the cutest little raccoon)
7) Strom (he's Strom)
8) Craptacular
9) Montalvo
10) Scorched Spitz
11) Speaky10k
12) ??

Quicksand_Jesus fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 1, 2016

titties
May 10, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

Ours aren't playlists :cmon:

they also don't pay

buy a ps4 and GTA and 1v1 me

actually don't because I hate pvp and grand theft auto online

E: also on PS4 we have the Occasional Johnny Klebitz Memorial Motorcycle Rally and Meth Cook-off hosted by celebrity news personality Buffy Wang and while there is usually a playlist the main event is the motorcycle show and charity run so we have been doing it longer and are the og's while you are straight busters

titties fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Mar 1, 2016

titties
May 10, 2012

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Scorched/Montalvo I don't think we're friends, so send me a friend request. PSN LapsusMemoriae

Scorched is PSN: king_alamat and he doesn't like gimmick races so make sure you take all the strange out of your playlist and only run technical tracks tia

E: also PC crew I hope you understand that if I said something mean about you it is all in good fun unlike the experience of playing Grand Theft Auto online

titties fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Mar 1, 2016

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
He...like most, is going to LOVE me then.

titties
May 10, 2012

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

He...like most, is going to LOVE me then.

I do, i love you

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

titties posted:

E: also PC crew I hope you understand that if I said something mean about you it is all in good fun unlike the experience of playing Grand Theft Auto online

I hope it is mutual! I would be most upset if the bitches and suckas crew got angry at us :(

titties
May 10, 2012

Zigmidge posted:

I hope it is mutual! I would be most upset if the bitches and suckas crew got angry at us :(

That's it now I'm mad about video games

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

titties posted:

That's it now I'm mad about video games

Video games are terrible hth

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

T1g4h posted:

Video games are terrible hth

This one is, that's for sure.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Wow, rude.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Pubbies are the root of all evil in this game.

titties
May 10, 2012

Doc Friday posted:

Pubbies shark cards are the root of all evil in this game.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

Doc Friday posted:

Pubbies are the root of all evil in this game.

Pubbies have been and will always be what makes this game so great. There is nothing more delightful than hunting them and murdering them repeatedly. It is what this murder simulator was made for.

That and pretty, pretty clothes and hats.

guns for tits
Dec 25, 2014

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Pubbies have been and will always be what makes this game so great. There is nothing more delightful than hunting them and murdering them repeatedly. It is what this murder simulator was made for.

That and pretty, pretty clothes and hats.

I will not deny that killing them brings joy to my cold heart.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

*ahem*..

Quite simply, I'm going to make a playlist today of new things and tonight, starting at around 9PM CST, we will run said playlist and take turns berating each other until either a) someone quits, or b) well.. everyone quits. SO, who's down? The count from sesame Street is a racist...

in.

(malakai713)

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

The scores are in and

:drum:

It's close enough that I've enlisted a three man judge squad to play favou- ply their trade of fine taste and bad language to critique the two judgement photos!

First up, the scores by way of lazy screenshot:

Some notes about the scores
- Both teams blew me away with their bike hop photos but Orange included me in theirs and I'm giving them 2 points for it.
- They also landed two seasharks up on maze which, incidentally, is 96 stories high.
- Both teams nailed the bonus points for the 20s period shot which stoked me to no end. Team Pink got theirs in front of City Hall which was built in the 20s, probably by Mayor Cryer himself who resided for the whole of the 20s. Orange took theirs in the Hill County Church whose irl area was full of churches with cemetaries built in the 1800s. These are the photos in my thank you post.
- Hellfaucet didn't get any of his teammates in his selfie (rude, bro) but he rocked the long rifle in all of theirs so I gotta give it to him.
- Both teams brought two trucks up Chiliad. I brought great frustration to three people that night. Coupe, subx and myself watched it all and felt bad and I should feel bad.
- You're probably assuming that no dumps spawned and you'd be half correct! I scoped out the quarry and found two waiting next to each other but before long I was distracted by something shiny and when I turned for a moment, they despawned. Really, do your best to not plan events around the spawning system - what a pain!

Anyways, these are the photos we'll be judging and we can't wait to hear how we picked the wrong ones later tonight! I'll post the group photo collections with the results.

Flying V

vs

and

Action Shot

vs

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Congratulations to team Pink! Team Orange needed to win both photos to take the game and the judges enjoyed one from either team.

Voting:
Flying V

Coupe: Orange subx: Orange Zig: Pink

Action

Coupe: Pink subx: Pink Zig: Pink

Please enjoy the photos, both teams spent great effort getting them!
http://imgur.com/a/ubiw3

Pink I will be transferring you your prize as soon as rockstar lets me.

Zigmidge fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Mar 2, 2016

Ripper Swarm
Sep 9, 2009

It's not that I hate it. It's that I loathe it.
Sweet, sweet victory!

The real victory is that goonrun events are now a thing!!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So close! :arghfist::cheers:

Grats pink team. If only we had remembered the "team through the chopper blades" photo.

I'm currently brainstorming a goon event to follow Goonball Run, but it's going to take some doing. Might be after the next few.

titties
May 10, 2012

If anyone wants in on the PS4 playlist, we just restarted it so there's plenty of time. Hit up lasagna miracle (PSN: lapsusmemoriae)

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

titties posted:

If anyone wants in on the PS4 playlist, we just restarted it so there's plenty of time. Hit up lasagna miracle (PSN: lapsusmemoriae)

It would be nice to not be the only person not in the chat party.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I want to finish that poo poo.

Put horsefactory at the end.

And we'll ride off into the sunset together.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle
We will friend. We will. Maybe tonight even. I'll just cut the just in half and call it the "No Un-Fun oval office Party mk. 2" so that we make clear that no un-fun cunts are allowed.

Plus then we can throw in hunting party, slasher modes and the like. So, um.. yeah, I guess we should do this.

Any takers tonight? 8 players max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

We will friend. We will. Maybe tonight even. I'll just cut the just in half and call it the "No Un-Fun oval office Party mk. 2" so that we make clear that no un-fun cunts are allowed.

Plus then we can throw in hunting party, slasher modes and the like. So, um.. yeah, I guess we should do this.

Any takers tonight? 8 players max.

Assuming the same start time, I'm in.

• Locked thread