Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

"I could dodge it" is pretty much the hardest I've laughed in a couple months

This show is golden

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
So anyone else think the Rusty/Monarch familial connection is likely another red herring now that we see how it's unfolding in the plot? When Battleaxe (?) saw the video she thought Rusty was Blue Morpho. That might be all it was set up to be?

e: ^^^ Right there with ya. Love what's going on with Brock this season. He's older, he's more tired, but he's still the same ol' Brock when it comes down to it.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What did Red Mantle and Dragoon say at the council meeting? When Dr. Mrs. The Monarch says "there's only one thing that means..." or whatever, they had simultaneous explanations of Blue Morpho's reappearance.

One says "Ninja ghost", I think?

X_Toad
Apr 2, 2011

Cojawfee posted:

It wasn't until All This and Gargantua-2 that I really started to realize there was a story going on. When they got to the part where Dean and Doc needed to shut down the shield. Dean says "Didn't the interns that built this have four arms?" I remember thinking "What? When the hell did that happen?" I went back and watched What Color Is Your Cleansuit and saw they were building the shield for JJ's space station.
Hey, that's not really "story", more "continuity", and I think the show proved it had one long before the Gargantua-2 episode.

But season 6 seems to have a real season-long story, or at least one multi-episodes arc with the "Science Now!" conference, which has been brought up in two consecutive episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more of Rusty's search for something to present at the conference and maybe how the conference itself unfolds in future episodes.

Although now that I think about it, season 2 had a season-long story with the Monarch's quest to get back with Dr Girlfriend.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Everything from this season is going to come to a head in the last 2 episodes of the season as is Venture Bros tradition.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
E: Double post. Please don't eat my posts SA. I can't imagine that's healthy.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

I lost it at 21 pushing the button

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Dragoon says "Ghost ninja!" and Mantle says "Time tunnel."

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

theflyingexecutive posted:

I lost it at 21 pushing the button

I lost it at 21 calling the Newark Mayors office.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

feedmyleg posted:

Does anyone have a GIF of Brock hilariously fumbling his knife pull? Definitely my favorite moment of the episode.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Oh poo poo, I didn't notice that Hank was the waiter pouring Wide Wale's wine.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Why do I feel like the random background character standing there means something.

This season is really driving home just how lovely Brock really is at his "job". Not just the knife, but sitting there not noticing THINK Tank loving poo poo up on CCTV right in front of him.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mortanis posted:

Why do I feel like the random background character standing there means something.

This season is really driving home just how lovely Brock really is at his "job". Not just the knife, but sitting there not noticing THINK Tank loving poo poo up on CCTV right in front of him.

He was a bit preoccupied by seeing Warriana in her alter ego on tv and trying to determine if it's her or not

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Mortanis posted:

Well it's not that he's lovely at his job. I think it's just that he's kinda over the bullshit. He's gone from OSI to Venture to living in the woods with a bigfoot to S.P.H.I.N.X. (Sphinx!) to OSI back to Venture... He's been through the secret intelligence ringer. He's been through the superheroics ringer. He's been through the superscience ringer. So he's not bad, he's just kinda seen that it's all kind of a bit of a joke.

Note the way he deals with Sheila right after: yeah, he threatened her with violence, but it's all just bureaucratic red tape. He knew he didn't actually have to resort to violence because the Guild had no ground to stand on asking for the surveillance footage.

Arm_Fruit
Jul 1, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't notice that Hank was the waiter pouring Wide Wale's wine.

Yea but it didn't seem to make a difference. He overheard WW but next time we see him is the end of the episode.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Arm_Fruit posted:

Yea but it didn't seem to make a difference. He overheard WW but next time we see him is the end of the episode.

He learned that the venture compound is bugged, so he can either find the bugs (tiny whale lice?) or have brock/vatred find them I'd guess.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Mostly likely he's gonna probably follow up on it on the next episode or so.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

THERE IS A NEW BLUE MOR-

...oh. Or that too, I guess.....

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Awesome, thanks!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Mortanis posted:

I don't think he's poo poo at his job - up until NY Brock's been one constant murder machine. But certainly this season he just isn't on the level he's been typically displayed at and for me it's a bit jarring. Probably as already said, he's just over all of the BS

The only other thing that I'm not really liking is the hints Rusty will be a trainwreck failure again. I'm hoping he succeeds - sure it'll by a hilarious accident he succeeds (Illegal God Gas sales become extraordinarily popular? They give up on super science and produce the whisper washer that becomes a massive success? Building burns down and they find it was insured for 10 times it's value?) but I really don't what to see him go back to the failure he was.

Other than that., I am seriously enjoying this season. This show just gets better and better

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I think Think Tank asked Dean to stay away during his Arch because he's a professional and doesn't want to involve anyone who isn't under his Arching focus. Also that blue haired girl standing outside, if she turns out to be anyone, I want her to be a completely normal girl that Dean dates because god drat that kid deserves some normalcy in his life.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
God Gassed Billy went viral and ruined Ven-Tech's reputation but there was no mention of the corpse that got pulled out of their lobby that same day?

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
A single corpse? Come on, this is New York.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

SparkleOS is going to come out and blow everyone's minds.

Snark
Sep 19, 2003

no dice

twistedmentat posted:

Also that blue haired girl standing outside, if she turns out to be anyone, I want her to be a completely normal girl that Dean dates because god drat that kid deserves some normalcy in his life.
Yeah I really want to see Dean kick into some kind of gear already. They've been teasing us with hints about his potential for several seasons without ever going anywhere with it. Remember this kid was Sovereign for like ten seconds. It's weird that Billy Quizboy has had more character growth than poor Deano.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Mr. Nice! posted:

SparkleOS is going to come out and blow everyone's minds.

OS Sparkledream, please.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I love that Rusty still has no idea what OS SParkledream is. He's just dismissed it as more "angry birds crap" without ever looking at it, but i'm guessing it will turn out to be something incredible like virtual reality or software you control with your thoughts.

e: Also if the next episode is just another panoply of failure culminating in them desperately unveiling the Wisper Washer (the best thing they've ever invented) and saving the company, I'll die laughing.

Duckbox fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Mar 1, 2016

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

feedmyleg posted:

A single corpse? Come on, this is New York.

If a corpse got hauled out of Apple HQ under mysterious circumstances that'd warrant attention.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Duckbag posted:

I love that Rusty still has no idea what OS SParkledream is. He's just dismissed it as more "angry birds crap" without ever looking at it, but i'm guessing it will turn out to be something incredible like virtual reality or software you control with your thoughts.

It might actually be a disaster, because JJ wasn't there to make sure it was bug-free like his morning reminder hologram said :v:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cernunnos posted:

If a corpse got hauled out of Apple HQ under mysterious circumstances that'd warrant attention.

The Guild was picking up the body, and I'm pretty sure part of their "service" is making sure this stuff doesn't make the news or involve law enforcement.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Don't forget that this season isn't really wrapping up - Doc said in an interview that they leave a ton of stuff hanging after eight episodes.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

Kesper North posted:

It might actually be a disaster, because JJ wasn't there to make sure it was bug-free like his morning reminder hologram said :v:

Oh god, this is absolutely going to happen, isn't it? OS Sparkledream goes out as an automatic update that bricks all the Ventronic tech that's basically become half the global infrastructure.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
think tanks disappointment over not having a good chess match touched me on a personal level

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

I wonder if Think Tank really just wanted to play chess :(

Also Brick Frog buddy why are you in a dive bar :smith:

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Cernunnos posted:

There's a decent chance that people are aware of the whole Superhero/Supervillian thing.

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Snark posted:

Yeah I really want to see Dean kick into some kind of gear already. They've been teasing us with hints about his potential for several seasons without ever going anywhere with it. Remember this kid was Sovereign for like ten seconds. It's weird that Billy Quizboy has had more character growth than poor Deano.

I thought it was pretty funny that they spent a whole semester dealing with how dean was reacting to be a clone and give us a new dean, then just wrote it all off in the last 30 seconds of an episode

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Mortanis posted:

Why do I feel like the random background character standing there means something

it's kim

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Mortanis posted:

That blue haired woman is in Dean's class, you can see her turning in papers to Think Tank.

edit: I just noticed the pirate captain calls Billy and White "extremely low level employees" on Wariana's show. drat that's cold.

TaurusTorus fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Mar 2, 2016

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014

Am I a... bad person?
AM I??

Fun Shoe

SeanBeansShako posted:

This season has been fantastic so far. I must say, the wait was almost worth it.

Awww, we're halfway done with this one already :smith:.

Sorry, but it's worse than that. We're three-quarters of the way through this eight-episode season.

Not a Children posted:

"I could dodge it" is pretty much the hardest I've laughed in a couple months

The look on his face when he delivered that line... man, just wow. And then in the background of the next scene, we see that, no, he couldn't dodge it. And I don't think he thought he could, either. I think it was just a fun-sounding part of the game for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

TaurusTorus posted:

\edit: I just noticed the pirate captain calls Billy and White "extremely low level employees" on Wariana's show. drat that's cold.

nah thats just damage control

also they are technically at the bottom of the list of like 4 employees