Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
illaoi is hard if you have bad ping. :(

Also, what is this "tank akali" I've been hearing about? And is the Japanese Server out yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
http://www.twitch.tv/dauntevicknabb/v/51861433

Wachepti and the legend of the stoned Thresh.

http://www.twitch.tv/dauntevicknabb/v/51861877

And Wachepti with the god wall to snowball me.

Daunte Vicknabb fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Mar 2, 2016

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Killed By Death posted:

:mrgw:

Didn't somebody joke about running this page a few weeks ago? Lol.

yeah that was me i think, i do that every time i play yi. it just seems appropriate

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011

Yikes...

At least he didn't miss the flay.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Tired Moritz posted:

Also, what is this "tank akali" I've been hearing about?

Akali has very good base values, which means she does a lot of damage even with tank items. If you run some magic pen on her to amplify the base values, Sunfire Cape becomes even better on her too. It's obnoxious but it definitely works.

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

The Mash posted:

Akali has very good base values, which means she does a lot of damage even with tank items. If you run some magic pen on her to amplify the base values, Sunfire Cape becomes even better on her too. It's obnoxious but it definitely works.

It's less "good base values" on its own and more that her E has a 1 second cooldown and has a .6 total AD ratio so you just kill people by living long enough to cast it 5-7 times.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Tired Moritz posted:

Also, what is this "tank akali" I've been hearing about?

her energy restore on Q became flat at all levels and people (starting in korea IIRC) started to realize that if E is maxed first and Q is made a one-point wonder, she becomes really good at long, drawn-out fights because of her stack-on-kill mobility and innate sustain, and the sunfire+titanic core started seeing play

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Please tell me if you all are getting tired of my misery.jpgs

This one was actually really close! I had a big lead in lane, I think I need to learn how to carry.

fatal oopsie-daisy
Jul 30, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Sexpansion posted:

This one was actually really close! I had a big lead in lane, I think I need to learn how to carry.

They got 5 dragons

Only 3 wards bought on the team (2 were you)

However as Lux you gotta be constantly Ulting and poking them down and just throwing everything out by that late in the game. Attrition wins games at that point

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Sexpansion posted:

How do you only have 5 kills as Lux in a game that presumably lasted 45+ minutes

E: Against a team that, minus Zilean ult, has 3 people who will die in a single combo from you.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

AHH FUGH posted:

They got 5 dragons

Only 3 wards bought on the team (2 were you)

However as Lux you gotta be constantly Ulting and poking them down and just throwing everything out by that late in the game. Attrition wins games at that point

Yeah, I also made a really big mistake in the midgame by not TPing to a big teamfight in botlane and instead taking a turret in mid. It ended up being three kills, a turret, and a dragon for the other team and all I got was a turret. Oh well, I'm learning.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Here's how to get kills on Lux: did I hit Q? Now I hit E and R.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

rabidsquid posted:

Here's how to get kills on Lux: did I hit Q? Now I hit E and R.

Eh, E often isn't needed.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Mash posted:

How do you only have 5 kills as Lux in a game that presumably lasted 45+ minutes

E: Against a team that, minus Zilean ult, has 3 people who will die in a single combo from you.

The main answer to this is that I"m bad, but also, their Shen was perpetually at the front in teamfights and I was doing a ton of peeling to keep him off me/Ezreal. But mostly, the first answer.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Hey, haven't played at all in 2016, I have no clue what's the haps, paps.

BUT there is a new season in town and sometimes they do something cool with new seasons. Is this the case now or...?

Here's a few questiones I have before I decide whether or not I waste time downloading all the patches up to this point:

1. Did they do anything to Akali? Last time I played she was completely useless before level 6 and then after that there was absolutely no chance against her 1v1, as she had enough damage to burst you in a few seconds, enough spellvamp that she could stay on the lane forever and enough range on her dashes that you were not safe anywhere. You could say buy pink wards but I would say that's like being able to see a car running you over versus keeping your eyes shut as it happens. The end result is the same.

2. Have they finally taken a look at Rammus? Or is he still the same outdated piece of poo poo he has been for some 10 years now?

3. Any big changes to summoner spells?

4. How many new re-imaginings of the jungle is there? Last I played the latest thing was the blob thing at baron pit for the first 15 mins, and they had redone the jungling gear/smite about 3 times in a span of a year. Basically, what I'm asking is that if I want to jungle, do I need to re-learn it all, again?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Gortarius posted:

Hey, haven't played at all in 2016, I have no clue what's the haps, paps.

BUT there is a new season in town and sometimes they do something cool with new seasons. Is this the case now or...?

Here's a few questiones I have before I decide whether or not I waste time downloading all the patches up to this point:

1. Did they do anything to Akali? Last time I played she was completely useless before level 6 and then after that there was absolutely no chance against her 1v1, as she had enough damage to burst you in a few seconds, enough spellvamp that she could stay on the lane forever and enough range on her dashes that you were not safe anywhere. You could say buy pink wards but I would say that's like being able to see a car running you over versus keeping your eyes shut as it happens. The end result is the same.

2. Have they finally taken a look at Rammus? Or is he still the same outdated piece of poo poo he has been for some 10 years now?

3. Any big changes to summoner spells?

4. How many new re-imaginings of the jungle is there? Last I played the latest thing was the blob thing at baron pit for the first 15 mins, and they had redone the jungling gear/smite about 3 times in a span of a year. Basically, what I'm asking is that if I want to jungle, do I need to re-learn it all, again?

1. A tanky Akali build is fairly popular right now and seems to perform pretty well.

2. He is exactly the same and still pretty good.

3. No. (They did take out clairavoyance and revive but you were probably playing when that happened)

4. It's basically the same, you won't have much learning to do.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Thornmail & Shiv Rammus is still at the high of AD assassin builds and I will hear no word otherwise. :colbert:

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

ImpAtom posted:

I really like Caitlyn but every time I see Jhin's ult I just feel depressed.

Every time I whiff with a few of Jhin's ult shots I feel depressed.

I know, "git gud, don't whiff, git diamondz"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

SlyFrog posted:

Every time I whiff with a few of Jhin's ult shots I feel depressed.

I know, "git gud, don't whiff, git diamondz"

Your soul is not that of an artist.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Gortarius posted:

Worry not friend! You do not need to worry about Akali instant melting you anymore! Instead you can worry about Talon and Zed instant deleting you into oblivion before you can react!

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Toplane naut with sunfire into zzrots is so good. I was just bumbling around, never having played lane naut, pretty much carried and turned into a pseudo assassin

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.
Yeah, Naut is a little bonkers right now.

In other news, do we have any Kayle whisperers in here? Trying to figure out what the optimal 6 item build is.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Etrips posted:

In other news, do we have any Kayle whisperers in here? Trying to figure out what the optimal 6 item build is.

Core is Nashors/Rageblade/Rylai's. After that pick any of Deathcap, Abyssal, Wits End, Hourglass, Void Staff, Lichbane, RFC, Hurricane, Gunblade, QSS, it's pretty flexible depending on the situation and what you like.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
step one to play kayle: install a season 3 patch of the client

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mottie posted:

Yikes...

At least he didn't miss the flay.

The hook was intended as a precaution for flash.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Safety Scissors posted:

The hook was intended as a precaution for flash.

He went for the flashy play instead of hitting the guaranteed hook*

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

NTT posted:

step one to play kayle: install a season 3 patch of the client

http://champion.gg/champion/Kayle/Top

actually, kayle is really good now and apparently has a 54% winrate toplane on Champion.gg. if you like the champion a lot then I'd stick with her, I doubt she is going to receive nerfs anytime soon.

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

:negative: It's kinda sad how much better I am at Darius than every other character.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Yes, all those sample sizes of one are very convincing data.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Etrips posted:

if you get a wits end on kayle you become a hero. runaans rnashors and rageblade, or the 3 Rs, into a deathcap/wits end thing is a pretty nice build that is really hard to go wrong with. get rnashors tooth first for the cdr, and beat your opponents face in/powerfarm a rageblade. during the in between time during those two items you should finish t2 berserker boots, or if not, finish after rageblade. base it off how much move speed you really need it. then pick up the runaans for the third r and final piece of the puzzle to make your auto attacks kick rear end. wits end will make you the hero your team calls for, deathcap makes you a powerhouse. if you are not a fan of the wits end zhonyas makes you nuke harder, i have seen people rock gunblades too. there is some value in getting a tank item for your last item as well.

if you want a goku challenge build though i highly recommend gunblade ludens echo, iceborn gauntlet, blade of the ruined king, will of the ancients, and sorc shoes. not only does the CDR from all of those items top you off pretty nicely at 40% when you steal the junglers blue, but the high amount of sustain and slows will make it impossible for your foes to escape you. since this build gives you 3 range nukes that all apply a slow, and your auto attacks then apply a slow from the iceborn gauntlet, anything that gets in your range is presumably going to die unless they have a way of inflicting grievous wounds.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

if you want a goku challenge build though i highly recommend gunblade ludens echo, iceborn gauntlet, blade of the ruined king, will of the ancients, and sorc shoes. not only does the CDR from all of those items top you off pretty nicely at 40% when you steal the junglers blue, but the high amount of sustain and slows will make it impossible for your foes to escape you. since this build gives you 3 range nukes that all apply a slow, and your auto attacks then apply a slow from the iceborn gauntlet, anything that gets in your range is presumably going to die unless they have a way of inflicting grievous wounds.
lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007
this sick build i have really gets rolling after you finish your second hextech revolver and second bilgewater cutlass

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

exethan posted:

this sick build i have really gets rolling after you finish your second hextech revolver and second bilgewater cutlass

the best part of playing challenge builds is seeing your teams reaction to it(unless you do bad, then you blame lag in all chat)

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

mistaya posted:

Yes, all those sample sizes of one are very convincing data.

It was more about the fact that I play him constantly, not evidence of how I'm better at Darius than Malphite or whatever.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
Fairly serious bug with corrupting potion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFnZCPaoSY

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

Fairly serious bug with corrupting potion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tFnZCPaoSY

Yeah, I had a feeling there was something funky possible with corrupting potion when I used a charge with full hp/mana by accident once, that confirms it.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

I feel like that's way more abusable as a jungler for huge amounts of sustain in your first clear. How likely am I to get banned for trying it?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

The Shortest Path posted:

I feel like that's way more abusable as a jungler for huge amounts of sustain in your first clear. How likely am I to get banned for trying it?

Pretty likely, there are already bans for it on the Korean server.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

The Shortest Path posted:

I don't think better jungle sustain really compares to winning every trade in lane no matter what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Also you will lose out on a ton of xp not starting a jungle item, seems pretty terrible

• Locked thread