Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
*reaches for picture of Berserker Lancelot and strokes it lovingly until it turns into non-berserk Lancelot and then tosses it out the window*

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Mar 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Lancelot is, however, attached to a terrible Master. :v:

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

Kyte posted:

That's the entire point of HF tho. Shirou choosing to let go of those outside his monkeysphere he can't reach anyways and focus on those close to him.
It is, in fact, how normal people work.

It's a loving horrible way for a hero/any powerful person to act and think though, and that Shirou is undoubtedly that.

Kiritsugu was broken but I can't really fault people for wanting something more out of their heroes other than protecting their waifus.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

AlternateNu posted:

The way Gilgamesh scoffed after that whole scene was loving godlike.

I'm personally a fan of Kotomine barely holding in a poo poo-eating grin after making Rin cry.

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
I think I saw Fate GO on the English App Store. Is it the actual game or is it a dupe?

Edit: never mind, totally a dupe. I was kind of hoping that I could avoid having to emulate on device.

Dante Logos fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Mar 1, 2016

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

GyroNinja posted:

Plus, it always rankles me how in Heaven's Feel we're supposed to root for Shirou saving Sakura because she has a sprite and a backstory, and everyone she (admittedly accidentally) kills is just a faceless NPC, and thus morally irrelevant.

I kind of agree. I think it would have been a big improvement if one of the interludes individualized one of the people killed by the Shadow.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Hellbunny posted:

It's a loving horrible way for a hero/any powerful person to act and think though, and that Shirou is undoubtedly that.

Kiritsugu was broken but I can't really fault people for wanting something more out of their heroes other than protecting their waifus.

But Shirou is not and has never been a hero, nor he can meaningfully be one. His attempt at being one was a complete bust. HF was realizing his incapability and scaling back into something he can actually do. (UBW was accepting his incapability and trying anyways because it's nice to dream. Both are valid choices.)

That's another of FSN's themes, how the 'selfless hero' concept doesn't actually work in real life for various reasons.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Oh hell yes, the golden days of the F/Z thread are back

I have temporarily slain the endless grand order chat

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
We're too busy grinding levels to keep Shiki Ryougi as our Servant, we'll be back in full force

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I did the impossible I watched the first KnK movie

It was alright

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

We're too busy grinding levels to keep Shiki Ryougi as our Servant, we'll be back in full force

63/98, slowly going insane.

Baal posted:

It was alright

I hate you

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Namtab do you like Kotomine Kirei, he's my favorite character in F/SN.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Wuxi posted:

I hate you

75/98 :shepicide:

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Wuxi posted:

I hate you

I reached a state of enlightenment this past week, sitting on 97/98 and just gonna grind to get the rest of the mana cubes.

Baal posted:

It was alright

You'll get stronger with each movie

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Sitting on 76/98

The movie was fine but dropping me right into all of that felt a bit sudden and I don't really know about any character who isn't Shiki, which is intentional, but all the same still just kinda there. The Haagen Daaz scenes were cute tho and the action looks fantastic.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Wait, you people aren't at 97/98 yet?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

Sitting on 76/98

The movie was fine but dropping me right into all of that felt a bit sudden and I don't really know about any character who isn't Shiki, which is intentional, but all the same still just kinda there. The Haagen Daaz scenes were cute tho and the action looks fantastic.

The first uh, four movies are not in chronological order, 3 and 5 are best

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

alcharagia posted:

Namtab do you like Kotomine Kirei, he's my favorite character in F/SN.

seems like a bit of a prick, imo

e: I like his smooth, velvety voice

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

The first uh, four movies are not in chronological order, 3 and 5 are best

I know they're not in order namtabu

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

I know they're not in order namtabu

I didn't really get into them until the third movie is my point. I really enjoy kara no kyoukai though and I hope you will too :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Fwiw I can't wait to meet Soren because that's another George Nakata and those are always good

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Namtab posted:

seems like a bit of a prick, imo

e: I like his smooth, velvety voice

I see you understand

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
soren is pretty dope

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
As a general rule of thumb, any character voiced by Nakata will be the best character in the franchise

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Idk it's p hard to top Aoko and Satsuki in Melty Blood, but Chaos is loving awesome.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Actually i lied, Ciel is the best character in the Tsukihime franchise

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Freak Futanari posted:

Actually i lied, Ciel is the best character in the Tsukihime franchise

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YY6wwAhvirY

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
And that's 100/100 missions. Those last two fights were hilariously easy.

motoh
Oct 16, 2012

The clack of a light autocannon going off is just how you know everything's alright.
With bluestacks broken, I'm really feeling :effort: about moving to a new emulator and catching up. How much work is the tower, timewise? Should I fix this tonight or can I just blitz it on the weekend?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
You can blitz through it if you don't mind using about 10-15 apples. You could also get through everything passively in 7-9 days with a guide.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

A bunch of missions also throw apples at you, its not like you actually lose them.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT
Where's the best room to farm zombies? I need to kill 100 more of the stupid things.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I think I'm mid 70's? I just need to get 50 more robots and 100 more zombies dead and then I'll be done after finishing the missions by my calculations. Can't have my phone at work so I have to work at it in the early morning before work and after work.

I keep the little dagger items right? I only managed to get Shiki to 61 before exhausting all sources of non grind XP cards.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
You should, I didn't get a4 on Nobunaga during that event and I still retained the skulls from it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Tarezax posted:

Where's the best room to farm zombies? I need to kill 100 more of the stupid things.

Room 101, you can max out at like 9 zombies per run which is loving silly compared to everything else which you can fight a million of them depending on the room.

Hellbunny
Dec 24, 2008

I'm not bad, I'm just misunderstood.

Kyte posted:

But Shirou is not and has never been a hero, nor he can meaningfully be one. His attempt at being one was a complete bust. HF was realizing his incapability and scaling back into something he can actually do. (UBW was accepting his incapability and trying anyways because it's nice to dream. Both are valid choices.)

That's another of FSN's themes, how the 'selfless hero' concept doesn't actually work in real life for various reasons.

Shirou is a heroic as they get. He defeats the king of kings, saves the day and gets the girl. He's altruistic to a fault etc etc. It's that his ideal of being a hero means serving a weird nature god/force and killing arabs(?)that causes him to despair and fail. The subs for the VN saying how he wanted to be a "superhero" were apparently pretty accurate because Shirous ideal are very much in line with the standard interpretation that superheros are protectors of the status Quo whose duty is ridding the world of "unacceptable" elements.

So yeah the "selfless hero" concept dosen't work according to FSN weird rear end definition of it. Like I guess we should try to be more "human" because that so...hard? Huh?

FSN has a pretty dumb and cynical view of heroism is what I'm saying. And that ties into people glorifying Kiritsugus . They want a better sort of hero.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Baal posted:

Room 101, you can max out at like 9 zombies per run
802 have more, but the fight is harder.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Tarezax posted:

On one hand, 802 technically has the best zombie/Ap ratio (10 per mission, compared to 101's 8) and also the best drops. On the other, 101 is MUCH easier and quicker, and zombies aren't a good source of ice cream anyways- you want the dolls for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Hellbunny posted:

Shirou is a heroic as they get. He defeats the king of kings, saves the day and gets the girl. He's altruistic to a fault etc etc. It's that his ideal of being a hero means serving a weird nature god/force and killing arabs(?)that causes him to despair and fail. The subs for the VN saying how he wanted to be a "superhero" were apparently pretty accurate because Shirous ideal are very much in line with the standard interpretation that superheros are protectors of the status Quo whose duty is ridding the world of "unacceptable" elements.

So yeah the "selfless hero" concept dosen't work according to FSN weird rear end definition of it. Like I guess we should try to be more "human" because that so...hard? Huh?

FSN has a pretty dumb and cynical view of heroism is what I'm saying. And that ties into people glorifying Kiritsugus . They want a better sort of hero.

I always thought the problem was more in Shirou than in Shirou's ideal. It's not that being more human is better than being heroes in general. The point is that being more human is better for Shirou