Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Corek posted:

A good animation damnation might be that animated Hercules-Xena movie that was a cheap cash-in on the Disney Hercules. Never saw it, but a poster said it had THE REAL HERCULES and THE ONLY XENA.

I watched that thing so many times as a kid.

No chance it holds up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Illinois Smith posted:

I somehow never even put together that Samurai Pizza Cats was a TMNT ripoff until they mentioned it.

Samurai Pizza Cats was fun as hell because they literally got no scripts for it so they just made everything up based on what was going on in the screen.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

thrawn527 posted:

Did they really go into the birth of Jesus on Xena: Warrior Princess?

Twice, iirc. One was an off-brand wandering preacher, who taught pacificm and monotheism and started a huge rear end religion that threatened the old gods and at one time Xena protected not Josepg and Maria and helped them set up camp in the stable.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
She was also crucified by Dredd

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I don't know what I was expecting the theme song to sound like but it wasn't this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPUSBn37_EM

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

bobkatt013 posted:

She was also crucified by Dredd

She got crucified sooo many times on that show.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

The Vosgian Beast posted:

There's an entire bad movie podcast to be made about lovely overly edgy 80s anime OVAs.

Sadly the only people who would make it are ultragoons

Technically, there already is one.

If you look through the review index, that's pretty much 90% of their content.

But, if we're making a new one, A.D Police Files needs to be in there. Sometimes, women with cyborg vaginas just go kill-masturbation crazy instead of have normal periods.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Sleeveless posted:

Pretty much all their complaints about Deadpool were plusses for me. I loved that it was so much smaller in scale and that it didn't end on a downer note.

Yeah I just listened to this, and their Oscar episode, so that's a nice double-bill of dubious opinions.

I didn't love DEADPOOL, but I did think that just making it simple and low-stakes completely worked in its favour. You don't need anything bigger than that, you don't need a conspiracy or some grand overarching plot. It kind of reminds me of the Marvel Netflix stuff, where it's a lot more just grounded (For a comic book movie). I also think that making his girlfriend be as filthy and as funny as him was refreshing (Even the damsel in distress stuff doesn't hold seeing as she gets herself out of it) but they seemed to take it as nerd pandering.

I do agree the villain was a whole lot of nothing though, and if it's going to be that bland then just get someone who can bring some personality to the table.

Nouvelle Vague
Feb 16, 2011

Endut! Hoch Hech!
Chris Cabin is no friend of a shirt.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

JT Smiley posted:

She got crucified sooo many times on that show.

The first time as Dredd played Caesar

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah I just listened to this, and their Oscar episode, so that's a nice double-bill of dubious opinions.

I didn't love DEADPOOL, but I did think that just making it simple and low-stakes completely worked in its favour. You don't need anything bigger than that, you don't need a conspiracy or some grand overarching plot. It kind of reminds me of the Marvel Netflix stuff, where it's a lot more just grounded (For a comic book movie). I also think that making his girlfriend be as filthy and as funny as him was refreshing (Even the damsel in distress stuff doesn't hold seeing as she gets herself out of it) but they seemed to take it as nerd pandering.

I do agree the villain was a whole lot of nothing though, and if it's going to be that bland then just get someone who can bring some personality to the table.

I thought it was kind of cute they interpreted the "Did I make you with my computer?" line as a super obscure reference to Weird Science specifically, that only ultra-nerds would get, instead of being a pretty common idea in fiction even after the eighties. I doubt too many millennials were walking out the theater going "but what did that MEAN??"

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
The standout character in the new episode is the cutthroat editor of the imdb trivia section.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So...

...I hear Paul Giamatti is pretty good on Billions.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

I thought it was kind of cute they interpreted the "Did I make you with my computer?" line as a super obscure reference to Weird Science specifically, that only ultra-nerds would get, instead of being a pretty common idea in fiction even after the eighties.
I think its weird you wouldn't read it as a Weird Science reference actually.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

So...

Something about ISIS

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
as someone who actualy lisend to the old radio show a bunch. ( i found it on the internet and in the library) it never really get into the "oriental" stuff. in the radio show, its mentioned in the opening that he got his powers(which may or may not be supernatural) when traveling in Asia and now he uses it to fight crime and poo poo. most of it is just the standard case of the week. someone gets murdered/robbery/kidnapping/whatever and him and margot dilly dally around until the hit a lead or a suspect. then the shadow fucks with him for a while (yeah the laugh is a thing he does, alot) then he either fucks them up/drives them insane/ or turns them into the cops. its a pretty interesting show.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

DrVenkman posted:

this. i thought the movie was ok. but i actually liked the chemestry between her and deadpool. they were both hosed up and filthy, had crazy sex, but you could tell they did love each other. she wasn't the most well rounded character but then again no one in the movie was. plus she saves herself to an extent and fucks up ajax pretty good. steve seems to go off on sex/gender tropes stuff alot.(most of the time i agree with him) it seems to be his pet peeve.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Empress Theonora posted:

The standout character in the new episode is the cutthroat editor of the imdb trivia section.

I love it when they bring up imdb trivia, there are so many good jumping off points from those. It's hard to top "Christopher Lambert has myopia" though.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
The guys' reference points for James Hong are Seinfeld and Wayne's World 2, but not Big Trouble In Little China?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Ror posted:

I love it when they bring up imdb trivia, there are so many good jumping off points from those. It's hard to top "Christopher Lambert has myopia" though.

It's ironic as James Spader does not not like Thai food is the best

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Vietnamese. EVERYONE loves Thai food.

Tiny Brontosaurus
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

TetsuoTW posted:

I think its weird you wouldn't read it as a Weird Science reference actually.

I read it as a reference to Weird Science and many other movies/tv shows/whatevers with similar plots, and part of my point was that Weird Science itself is hardly obscure ultra-nerd reference territory.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Corek posted:

The guys' reference points for James Hong are Seinfeld and Wayne's World 2, but not Big Trouble In Little China RIPD?

Did they even see the movie or do they just say it because it's so stupid to say?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

GrandpaPants posted:

Did they even see the movie or do they just say it because it's so stupid to say?

They name drop that movie all the time.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Steve's Sly impression on the Oscars episode had me crying. What WAS that?

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JT Smiley posted:

They name drop that movie all the time.

I think they have seen the movie because they remember it as one of Ryan Reynolds' five unrelated (ok, he played fake-deadpool in Wolverine Origins) comic book roles.

ThePlague-Daemon
Apr 16, 2008

~Neck Angels~
Road Rovers looks terrible, but this is kinda fun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHoTsuneGRk

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

There's also this... fantastic? fan site for the show, including scripts, fan scripts, and a text file that is a looooong fan script for a gritty reboot of Road Rovers.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Eric Movie, in a new script from Steven Today...

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
that sure looks like 127 pages of Road Rovers fanfic :wth:

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

Do you think they'd ever do Master of Disguise or is that just too tooth-grindingly frustrating? Is that on their "never do" list?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Do you think they'd ever do Master of Disguise or is that just too tooth-grindingly frustrating? Is that on their "never do" list?

I'm pretty sure they said a couple months ago that it was so bad they'd never do it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

User-Friendly posted:

I'm pretty sure they said a couple months ago that it was so bad they'd never do it.
And fair call too, that movie is literally insufferable, in that no human is actually capable of surviving that much suffering.

OrthoTrot
Dec 10, 2006
Its either Trotsky or its Notsky

sean10mm posted:

:eng101: Actually the Lensman books came long before Star Wars.

Put your tweet down sir.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

User-Friendly posted:

They're obviously not turtley enough for the turtle club.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

User-Friendly posted:

I can't blame them. It looks painfully unfunny. Failed comedies are pretty tough to riff on....

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Evil Mastermind posted:

So...

Jim Belushi DOES love hot dogs.

Ahem, I said...

JIM BELUSHI DOES LOVE HOT DOGS

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

TetsuoTW posted:

And fair call too, that movie is literally insufferable, in that no human is actually capable of surviving that much suffering.

I've watched that horrible thing start to finish. :shepicide:

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

It's a staggering achievement of ineptitude that still pulled in a decent bundle at the box office. It boggles my mind that anyone could have been convinced to go and see this thing, much less $43.4 million dollars worth of people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Vermain posted:

It's a staggering achievement of ineptitude that still pulled in a decent bundle at the box office. It boggles my mind that anyone could have been convinced to go and see this thing, much less $43.4 million dollars worth of people.

I could understand if it happened right after Waynes World, but that was 92&93 and Master of Disguise was 2002.