Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

bobjr posted:

Do the Winnie the Pooh characters even understand the concept of death?
Eeyore does but only in the sense that it is the infinite nothingness. The great howling silence that screams whenever he sits beneath the house of sticks that he constructs for himself.

Frail and bitter like the winterous breeze of discontent in Autumn, he has no name for it, but only the sensation of a blissful cold that never ends hoping that one day he never wakes up from it. Sleep is the only thing he wishes for every day to be the gift that keeps on giving and to never stop. Never again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

hoo boy, is it time for the final update in the final disney world? you bet it is!

Polsy

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UuRwUShbfI

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

FutureFriend posted:

hoo boy, is it time for the final update in the final disney world? you bet it is!

Polsy

Rabbit has seen some poo poo. I've never seen a cartoon character with such a traumatized stare.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It's not easy to look more dead inside than Eeyore.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

For the Honey Pot game I never lock on. If you're in the right spot you just have to time it right and it's a lot easier than with lock on.

Though what do you think Donald and Goofy do when Sora is in the book?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

bobjr posted:

Play "I Spy" or "Go Fish".

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

EasilyConfused posted:

Rabbit has seen some poo poo. I've never seen a cartoon character with such a traumatized stare.

He was with Eeyore in the trenches.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
I can attest to the truth that having diabetes means you lose all your friends. Nobody believes me when I say I can't join them for hot dogs, sandwiches, fries, rice and beans, or Girl Scout cookies. Or food of any kind, really.

Bambi's a great summon, though. I use Bambi against bosses all the time, particularly the really hard ones.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So wait, the summons are all survivors of dead worlds, right? Jesus, as if Bambi's life couldn't get worse. "Well your mom's dead... and so is everyone else you've known or loved, Bambi!"

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

bobjr posted:

find more ways to prank the poo poo outta sora, i mean that "convincing sora he could fly" prank was p ace imo.

TwoPair posted:

So wait, the summons are all survivors of dead worlds, right? Jesus, as if Bambi's life couldn't get worse. "Well your mom's dead... and so is everyone else you've known or loved, Bambi!"

to bambi, his mom is his world.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's been a good run, but i'm glad that they decided to end the kingdom hearts series after this world. nothing left but the final boss of The Heartless in the next video, and that'll be everything wrapped up. some people say it stinks of cut content, but i think everything was wonderfully fleshed out.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Ah yes, PoPo's Bizarre 100-Acre Adventure where he had the power to stop Time with his stand Sora.

I love Disney Animes, they're the best animes of all time. :)

TwoPair posted:

"Your motherworld's never coming back, Bambi."

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 23, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FinalGamer posted:

Ah yes, PoPo's Bizarre 100-Acre Adventure where he had the power to stop Time with his stand Sora.

How much honey can Pooh eat in the frozen time?!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TwoPair posted:

How much honey can Pooh eat in the frozen time?!

How many pieces of bread have you eaten?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TwoPair posted:

There should be a duo summon of Bambi and Littlefoot. I don't CARE if Land Before Time wasn't Disney.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Bruceski posted:

There should be a duo summon of Bambi and Littlefoot. I don't CARE if Land Before Time wasn't Disney.
Well I mean TECHNICALLY Littlefoot did die in the original version of the movie...:tinfoil: maybe he can come back like an Obi-Wan Kenobi spirit or something.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Oh, 100 Acre Wood was the last Disney world in KH1? I guess that means it can only get more anime from here.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

Oh, 100 Acre Wood was the last Disney world in KH1? I guess that means it can only get more anime from here.

The next world is actually just a PS2 demo for Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the next world is an amalgamation of all those demo discs for the ps1 and whatever

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Waffleman_ posted:

How many pieces of bread have you eaten?

Even Tigger is afraid!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sorry for the late update folks, we had some weird audio issues that took a couple of days to resolve, but here we are at the end-game!

Polsy

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
That grandma scene is an original KH1 scene, not a Final Mix one.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If I'm not mistaken, the Wooden Sword DOES damage enemies. But it does so low damage that it's not even worth bothering.

Besides, you have magic to fight with. :getin:

I thought that was pretty cool, honestly. I guess if Sora lost permanently lost the Keyblade somehow, he'd still be able to do all kinds of crazy stuff.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Mar 3, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

So the real Kingdom Hearts was actually the friends we made along the way!

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

You know Donald and Goofy are kind of dicks for not even talking to Sora after he loses the Keyblade.

And yeah I think the wooden sword does 1 hp worth of damage always.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

i like hollow bastion's music the best, i think

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

AriadneThread posted:

i like hollow bastion's music the best, i think

it's good

also for some reason i was thinking that there was a lot more before hollow bastion. i don't know. maybe the time skips in the video release schedule have messed with me a little.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the Wooden Sword DOES damage enemies. But it does so low damage that it's not even worth bothering.

Besides, you have magic to fight with. :getin:

i seem to recall magic is also nerfed to hell, but honestly it's been months since i got done recording the gameplay.

bobjr posted:

You know Donald and Goofy are kind of dicks for not even talking to Sora after he loses the Keyblade.

donald only hangs out with the coolest people; latchkey kids

Johnny Joestar posted:

also for some reason i was thinking that there was a lot more before hollow bastion. i don't know. maybe the time skips in the video release schedule have messed with me a little.

kingdom hearts 1 is just a weird game, cause we're nearing the point in which there are half a year's worth of updates on my end but i still feel like the game is a lot shorter than i remember

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess the game is technically a fair bit shorter compared to other games in the series. i don't actually know THAT much about the series as as whole but i know that the other games tend to be pretty bulky.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

I've never played any of the Kingdom Hearts games but this one seems rather short for a PS2 game.

Also, Riku continues to be an idiot. Yeah, listen to the grim reaper-looking mother fucker engulfed in blue flames. That'll lead to good things for sure.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

The first Kingdom Hearts has a really long endgame and also a shitton of extra stuff. The main story isn't like an epic 100-hour RPG but there's quite a bit to do.

Howlongtobeat has it at about 28 hours for the main story and a little over 60 for 100% which seems about right

Y-Hat posted:

Also, Riku continues to be an idiot. Yeah, listen to the grim reaper-looking mother fucker engulfed in blue flames. That'll lead to good things for sure.

He's like 15 so the stupidity is accurate

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

listen thats just the telltale signs of a guy who sells some really good weed. riku just knows how to get the good poo poo unlike sora who is a real square.

majormonotone posted:

The first Kingdom Hearts has a really long endgame and also a shitton of extra stuff. The main story isn't like an epic 100-hour RPG but there's quite a bit to do.

Howlongtobeat has it at about 28 hours for the main story and a little over 60 for 100% which seems about right

bear in mind, i've also just edited out a ton of off-screen things that are too uninteresting and have cut out failed attempts at boss battles. that poo poo actually ends up to a lot. i think out of the 23 hours i played this game for the lp, i only used 2/3rds of that?

plus the disney parts are largely episodic and forgettable, making the actual plot of the game feel way more short-paced.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

I've never played any of the Kingdom Hearts games but this one seems rather short for a PS2 game.

Riku is legitimately the dumbest character in this game, mainly because he thinks he's invincible.

If you look closely, you can notice he's pretty jealous of Sora since way back from when they first meet. Seeing that Sora's able to defend himself from a Heartless makes him feel like he's no longer needed, which is why he's been so whiny up to this point.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time for my favorite section, both gameplay and cutscene-wise

Polsy

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

You know what's not fun? Dying to Ansem!Riku and having to watch that whole cutscene all over again. :argh:

Anyway, now that we've hit this point, I can finally share what happens if you choose to do Monstro after Hollow Bastion.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
that was a beautiful tribute, thank you

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I can't believe Sora is loving dead.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

top form

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

FutureFriend posted:

its time for my favorite section, both gameplay and cutscene-wise

Polsy

Holy poo poo Maleficent's death was an anti-climax.

Great commentary though. Is it wrong that I wish Scalia's death had been this metal?

EasilyConfused fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Mar 8, 2016

• Locked thread