Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
Is posting second hand cattes (friend's) kosher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Beet Wagon posted:

Someone with RPG maker get on this. Since the party is full I'd like to be an airhorn vendor in town please.

You are in! Eonwe gotta upgrade his flAIRhorn at some point!

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

orcinus posted:

Is posting second hand cattes (friend's) kosher?

Just don't doxx them

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Jason Sextro posted:

I hope there are plans for Space Plebian to include a ship called Fidelitous

There is. It's completely invisible, so it's just you, floating around in empty space with nothing to do.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ZenMaster posted:

You are in! Eonwe gotta upgrade his flAIRhorn at some point!

Sweet! I give this game my full support. Except for financial :D

alf_pogs posted:

the fidelity for this game has to be through the ROOF

Well it'll be based on a true story so it's high fidelity by its very nature.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

This day in thread history!

This is from the mid 2014 thread http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3639730

Does anyone have links to the older threads?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511398 (2012-2013)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611001 (2014 gbs mock thread, classic airhorns)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605127 (2014 serious "don't mock" thread)

Since you got me to look at old threads, I would like to claim credit for being the way out front on summoning Derek Smart.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Tortolia posted:

Just don't doxx them

I won't if you don't.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

literally the only post on March 2nd in the original thread

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Klyith posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3511398 (2012-2013)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3611001 (2014 gbs mock thread, classic airhorns)
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3605127 (2014 serious "don't mock" thread)

Since you got me to look at old threads, I would like to claim credit for being the way out front on summoning Derek Smart.

Thanks duder!!

Man, some days had 1 single post in an entire 24 hour period. What was it like living in the dark ages huh.

Sushi in Yiddish fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Mar 3, 2016

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I knew this was her genius marketing plan , when she said they're 'going wider' for 2016

She is going to merch the poo poo out of what is left of the whales , even more so than they have already

Limited edition hats, t shirts , posters , travel mugs..... wait all those exist already

Watch out for collaborations with more name brands, they have no game to sell so they'll market everything else.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
star citizen pop figurines

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
star citizen anime

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
harry potter and the chamber of star citizen

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
ben lunchboxes

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ricola & CIG present:

Star Citizen cough drops

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Star Citizen toilet paper

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Olive Garden's Ben's Breadstick Blowout

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

orcinus posted:

ben lunchboxes

that is a rad nickname

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen - The video game

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT

orcinus posted:

ben lunchboxes
easily rebranded as luggage

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen Vacations - fly to lovely california and meet CIG

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sandi, look at all the ideas I just gave you

give me money

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Eonwe posted:

Ben's Blowout

:staredog:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
like, the cough drop thing, I mean come on

CIG is facefucking backers, at least give them a soothing cough drop after you are done

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

notoriousman posted:

Ben Lunchbox
powered by Samsonite

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

how much time do you figure Ben actually puts into his actual job , and how much of it does he spend doing other crap like scanning croberts scripts or analyzing his after lunch excrement ?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I like the idea, but the player should be a backer going through the stages of grief after he's banned for saying the word "Smart" in a forum post. Derek Smart could appear early on in the game as a savior figure, but only if you let him loving finish.

A backer is banned and then a vision of Derek Smart appears to him. DS then starts reciting all his blog posts and if you try to skip the scene you get "let me loving finish", if you don't he doesn't give you any weapons.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sappo569 posted:

how much time do you figure Ben actually puts into his actual job , and how much of it does he spend doing other crap like scanning croberts scripts or analyzing his after lunch excrement ?

What is the difference between a duck?

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

notoriousman posted:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

given I have a real job and I'd say its about 50-55% time in my actual job, and he has a fake job because he is a sycophant, I'd say 15-20% tops

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
But is your job fidelicious?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Oh, so that guy that broke his wrists cycling?

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
So I've started playing that Black Desert Online and decided to name my character Sandi Sperguson - she has a resting bitch face.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Oh, so that guy that broke his wrists cycling?

Man I totally forgot that poo poo. It seems like a million years ago.

Nov 13th, 2015

quote:

Get out your lucky pants and three-leaf clovers out because Murphy’s Law was in full force this week! No, it’s not a new game feature – we suffered some unfortunate news in our Lead FPS Programmer falling off his bicycle and breaking his wrist! This certainly wasn’t in the schedule so with him out of action for a few weeks we’ve had to pool some resources from other areas to help pitch in with getting 2.0 out of the door. It’s certainly not what we needed at such a critical time in the project but these things do happen.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6424557/#Comment_6424557

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

quote:

Get out your lucky pants and three-leaf clovers out because Murphy’s Law was in full force this week! No, it’s not a new game feature – we suffered some unfortunate news in our Lead FPS Programmer falling off his bicycle and breaking his wrist! This certainly wasn’t in the schedule so with him out of action for a few weeks we’ve had to pool some resources from other areas to help pitch in with getting 2.0 out of the door. It’s certainly not what we needed at such a critical time in the project but these things do happen.

We all knew it at the time, but given the starmarining of star marine, this looks EVEN MORE bullshit, which I didn't know was possible. Crobbers and crew really are breaking new ground here.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Toops posted:

We all knew it at the time, but given the starmarining of star marine, this looks EVEN MORE bullshit, which I didn't know was possible. Crobbers and crew really are breaking new ground here.

i love how jauntily they say, "No, it's not a new game feature"

it's good to know that if they said that at this point a bunch of people would be pissed on the RSI forums and eventually find their way here

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

ben, this isn't the loving 90's anymore. so, stop using loving smilies in every single post you make.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

2.2.0i is lauched on the PTU

quote:

Important Issues:
- If you’re experiencing a crash when going into or during Quantum Travel, delete any .cfg files that are in your Test folder. If you add settings via a custom user.cfg, please do so only with extreme caution.
- Using the Holotable in the Revel & York hangar will cause the game client to become unresponsive.

Star Systems:
- Fixed an issue where players would find their ships on Crusader despawning almost as soon as they exited them.
- Fixed an issue where character loadouts in Crusader would disappear when their ship was despawned.
- Fixed an issue where characters in Crusader would sometimes have their helmet pop in and out based on distance and graphic level.
- Fixed an issue where the mobiGlas wrist piece was not lined up properly on the medium Outlaw loadout in Crusader.
- Fixed a number of bugs around gravity and physic grid transitions in EVA.
- Fixed an issue where the Jobwell globe in ArcCorp was having some level of detail graphics popping at certain distances.

Ships:
- Fixed an issue where the Hornet Ghost would sometimes spawn into Crusader with the top half of the ship damaged.
- Fixed an issue where 300 series ships were spawning into Crusader with their nose pointed up in the air.
- Fixed an issue where there was no audio present on the Cutlass Black thrusters.
- Fixed an issue where the Sabre shields were deflecting most ballistic damage.
- Fixed an issue with the Sabre wing having problems staying attached when summoned to Port Olisar.

Technical:
- Fixed a client crash.

• Locked thread