Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Sappo569 posted:

You've out done yourself commando

The corridor section works so much better in an abandoned station setting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

It took me a few seconds to realise what was going on. I'm so glad you're back playing SC dancing cat. :golfclap:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

hahahahahahahahahahaha Did you really just shoot your own ship down like Indiana Jones?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am so ecstatic you haven't abandoned the game. i feared it was making you too miserable but your perseverance is really mining some deep, rich treasure

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

another riot

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

This is your best yet.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Dusty Lens posted:

This is your best yet.

I'll have to agree. That stealing a turret and shooting down the ship is some Matrix style poo poo.

Also, what is that song? It's fantastic.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Probably close to eclipsing the viewcount on any given INN video, too. I'd like to note that Shatner also did Rocket Man.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Ash1138 posted:

ME1's combat felt old and clunky even back then, like some sort of halfway point between KOTOR and a proper shooter-RPG. At least that's how I see it...

Also when CIG implodes because SQ42 is a crap game wrapped in a crap movie and SC ends up being nothing more than the tech demo that it is today, put Ben on a suicide watch. Seriously.
We are already watching Ben's suicide.

tooterfish posted:

Well, now I have to somehow deal with the knowledge that William Shatner did a talkie version of Common People.
There's even a documentary film about the ballet based on William Shatner's talkie version of Common People.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

hahahahahahahahahahaha Did you really just shoot your own ship down like Indiana Jones?

Like with 90% of things in the game I have no clue if I did it, someone else did it or it was a bug.
The choice is yours generally ha ha. Although I think I did do that, felt like it anyway.

Thanks for the kind words everyone as well, they cheered me right up :D

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'll have to agree. That stealing a turret and shooting down the ship is some Matrix style poo poo.

Common People from the album Has Been.

If you're trying to place the voice it would be everyone's favorite William Shatner.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Like with 90% of things in the game I have no clue if I did it, someone else did it or it was a bug.
The choice is yours generally ha ha. Although I think I did do that, felt like it anyway.

I sell furniture for a living, I wish I had a hobby like entertaining hundreds of the socially inept with amazing youtube videos.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Dusty Lens posted:

This is your best yet.

You really are a legend pgabz. That was hilarious!

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ghostlight posted:

There's even a documentary film about the ballet based on William Shatner's talkie version of Common People.
Jesus tapdancing christ...

You're not helping!

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

peter gabriel posted:

I'm not exaggerating or attempting to sell my reaction when I say that i spit out my salad at the transition.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm not exaggerating or attempting to sell my reaction when I say that i spit out my salad at the transition.

Total PVP Casualties:

Me
A Salad

Gentlemen, these are dark times

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I sell furniture for a living, I wish I had a hobby like entertaining hundreds of the socially inept with amazing youtube videos.

Well if INN offer you a job turn it down because that won't happen there either :v:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
How can anyone live without knowing about Shatner's Common People?
Next you'll tell me you've never heard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins.

Or Shatner of the Mount.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Well if INN offer you a job turn it down because that won't happen there either :v:

I convince complete strangers to hand over thousands of dollars on a daily basis, I should've joined CIG

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Re: Big Benny on a suicide watch list , if he is not able to see just how incompetent lord crobbers is then he might just have two googly eyes instead of just one

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I have to admit I didn't actually notice the transition to Doom 3 for an embarrassingly long time. I was actually impressed that they had NPCs to kill on the station. :negative:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Oh my loving god man, my sides are splinting! You captured the spirit of Star Citizen with 100% fidelity!

Hot PVP any second now! *gets in bed* :perfect:

e: wait, did you blow up your own ship with the turret? :vince:

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 3, 2016

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

:golfclap:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Ghostlight posted:

We are already watching Ben's suicide.
I'm Commando Shephard and ATV is my favorite snuff film series on the 'verse

Sappo569 posted:

Re: Big Benny on a suicide watch list , if he is not able to see just how incompetent lord crobbers is then he might just have two googly eyes instead of just one
He looks he can barely open his eyes as it is.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I have to admit I didn't actually notice the transition to Doom 3 for an embarrassingly long time. I was actually impressed that they had NPCs to kill on the station. :negative:

No no, you just made my day, that is kind of what I want :)

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Who wore it better :confused::confused::confused:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tooterfish posted:

Well, now I have to somehow deal with the knowledge that William Shatner did a superior talkie version of Common People.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

^^^I will loving kill you^^^

orcinus posted:

How can anyone live without knowing about Shatner's Common People?
Next you'll tell me you've never heard Nimoy's Ballad of Bilbo Baggins.

Or Shatner of the Mount.
I knew about that other stuff. Common People isn't just a catchy pop song though, it's incredibly class concious in a way I'd never expect to translate that well over the pond.

Seems like it did though, so what do I know. Although an American singing "smoke some fags" just sounds really wrong.

And the original is still miles better...

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

CU in the V

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRWsuyQ6Y0Q

It owns.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

MeLKoR posted:

e: wait, did you blow up your own ship with the turret? :vince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwXxxniIeQs

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Disco, if you're reading this I would like to apologize. I was wrong about you. You're doing a good job of representing SC to the community. You are funny, you clearly have the right attitude about all of this, and it's a shame you never picked up the Benphone because I think we would have had some good conversations together. I doubt that will ever happen now, but I just wanted to say that I was wrong about you.

Ben, if you're reading this, go gently caress yourself.

What happened? Did I miss something?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Truga posted:

What happened? Did I miss something?

I believe it was a brief commentary on how Disco appears to cynically be riding the train until it's time to get another job/sell his book on the SC experience.

Nothing out of the ordinary has taken place in that quarter.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah oops, I see now. That was 20 pages ago, sorry thread!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

alf_pogs posted:

pretty great comment on that article. can't tell if it's irony or not:

quote:

Joke ? Maybe you should try it yourself to see how big "joke" it is , or maybe you can't even run it.Star Citizen is a true PC game that can't be run on old gen consoles.And then it is not even out yet , still no Dx12 support , partial VR integration and whats available now is just a tiny portion of what it will be.Without publishers and without deadlines they are progressing slowly but impressive.Tell me another game like this that has so much detail and such a grand design ? There isn't one.Star Citizen is the biggest game project ever concieved.When it is finished 2-3 years i hope you will see that its the True next gen game , unlike anything till now.Not a single game i've seen or played can be truely named Next gen.

oh right dx12 support lol

that will ensure the ships are fidelitous

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

boethius posted:

CU in the V

if anyone told me they wanted to CU in the V i would be horrified and demand they wash their mouth out

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

E: double post wtf

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:five:

The ending.... That is so well done (when you slipped in the doom). I'm speechless.

Well done commando o7 :pgabz:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tooterfish posted:

^^^I will loving kill you^^^
I knew about that other stuff. Common People isn't just a catchy pop song though, it's incredibly class concious in a way I'd never expect to translate that well over the pond.

Seems like it did though, so what do I know. Although an American singing "smoke some fags" just sounds really wrong.

And the original is still miles better...

But that's just it, my family is working class and Pulp don't come off as factory workers, they look like wankers. At least Shatner's voice can pass for an aging union worker or something. He sells the outrage of the situation much better.

e: I'm also european

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Mar 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

It says everything that needs to be said about this game that at a certain point in that video, things started to look much, much better than I've ever seen Star Citizen look. Then as comprehension dawned...

• Locked thread