Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
100/100

Good Event, 10/10, would not do all of this again

Thanks for all of the poo poo I got oh my god, I can't believe how much stuff this event throws at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
At least you can farm those Black Cats normally and rake in about 700k QP per run after you clear out everything if you have the appropriate CEs. I will finally have the QP income I need to level up a lot of skills to level 6. :v:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Hellbunny posted:

Shirou is a heroic as they get. He defeats the king of kings, saves the day and gets the girl. He's altruistic to a fault etc etc. It's that his ideal of being a hero means serving a weird nature god/force and killing arabs(?)that causes him to despair and fail. The subs for the VN saying how he wanted to be a "superhero" were apparently pretty accurate because Shirous ideal are very much in line with the standard interpretation that superheros are protectors of the status Quo whose duty is ridding the world of "unacceptable" elements.

So yeah the "selfless hero" concept dosen't work according to FSN weird rear end definition of it. Like I guess we should try to be more "human" because that so...hard? Huh?

FSN has a pretty dumb and cynical view of heroism is what I'm saying. And that ties into people glorifying Kiritsugus . They want a better sort of hero.

Like Yggdrassil said, the problem isn't that Shirou wants to help others, it's that he has almost literally no sense of self preservation, he considers his own life inherently worthless, and the idea of fixing it is that he'd start actually valuing his own life and happiness.

As far as Kiritsugu goes, people getting super into him or taking any of his beliefs at face value have always been missing the point, as the entire mainline Fate series is about proving his hosed up notions of sacrifice and efficiency wrong. That's part of what causes Kotomine to lose his poo poo about Kiritsugu: he's mad that he wasted his time worrying about and placing his hopes in someone so utterly stupid.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The only thing Kiritsugu did wrong was to not know that the Grail was Mega hosed, andyou can't really fault him for that, other than that his life was basically a string of good decisions imo

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, he saved Shirou and thus FSN happened YEAH

Also, nthing how good the event is, I have more apples than I started w/ 10/10, never wanna grind for 200 corpses again

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
you start doing it for the next event

Also someone remind me how strong Anne Bonny and Mary Reed's NP compared to other single target NPs again, I recently got a second copy of their card.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

The only thing Kiritsugu did wrong was to not know that the Grail was Mega hosed, andyou can't really fault him for that, other than that his life was basically a string of good decisions imo

Apocrypha makes clear that Kiritsugu couldn't actually have achieved his wish even with an untainted Grail, since he had no particular plan for how the Grail would achieve world peace.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Considering he only knew how to save by killing, the results wouldn't've been pretty either way.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Has anyone ever had an instant-kill effect proc on anything that wasn't explicilty weak to them (the three Voids in the one mission, Rapunzel) ? I'm doing room 802 for the tenth time, each time opening with the same combo of instant-kill NPs (Arjuna, Scathach, Assassin Shiki charged to 200%) on Nero Bride, weakening her death resistance with Shiki's skill beforehand, and it hasn't procced a single time yet.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I had Scathach procc a few times against Jeanne while farming ahoges during Saber Wars. Not that it mattered, she did well over 200k damage anyway with her NP.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Yeah, I've literally never seen it proc against anything before this event, despite using instant kill NPs multiple times. I'm begining to think that my client's bugged.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

Apocrypha makes clear that Kiritsugu couldn't actually have achieved his wish even with an untainted Grail, since he had no particular plan for how the Grail would achieve world peace.

Just tell the Grail to kill everyone who would be in the way of world peace. Boom, ez, gg

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Just tell the Grail to kill everyone who would be in the way of world peace. Boom, ez, gg

I thought Zero made clear why this kind of logic doesn't work. "Everyone who would be in the way of world peace" would include a lot of people.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

I thought Zero made clear why this kind of logic doesn't work. "Everyone who would be in the way of world peace" would include a lot of people.

Not seeing the problem here

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That is a rather creepy and hosed up thing to say even on a Humorous Internet Messageboard.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
It's like the saying about the omelette and the eggs, except you want to make an insanely loving big-rear end omelette, like, a real fucker of a cholesterol bomb

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

That is a rather creepy and hosed up thing to say even on a Humorous Internet Messageboard.

Nah man, he said it ~ironically~, which immediately absolves him of anything, no matter how creepy and hosed up.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

He's one of those that thinks Shirou sucks and Kiritsugu's a badass, s'all you need to know really

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rodyle posted:

He's one of those that thinks Shirou sucks and Kiritsugu's a badass, s'all you need to know really

Actually i like both Shirou and Kiritsugu

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
shirou is fine if he goes for the mind of steel good ending

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Freak Futanari posted:

It's like the saying about the omelette and the eggs, except you want to make an insanely loving big-rear end omelette, like, a real fucker of a cholesterol bomb

Making the mother of all omelettes here, Jack. Can't fret over every egg!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Nate RFB posted:

STFU

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Aumanor posted:

Yeah, I've literally never seen it proc against anything before this event, despite using instant kill NPs multiple times. I'm begining to think that my client's bugged.

Instant kill chance is Enemy's Death Rate * Effect's Hit Rate * (1 + Death Resistance Down - Death Resistance Up)
And most non-mooks have death rates below 5%

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So to keep Assassin Shiki after the event all I have to do is clear room 504, right? Because I really don't think I'm gonna be able to finish all the quests.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Bakanogami posted:

So to keep Assassin Shiki after the event all I have to do is clear room 504, right? Because I really don't think I'm gonna be able to finish all the quests.

Yes.

Try to finish all the rooms up to 604 though, so you get all the ascension materials for Shiki

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Nate RFB posted:

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Nah man, he said it ~ironically~, which immediately absolves him of anything, no matter how creepy and hosed up.

hosed up, the level of poster we get outside of the chat thread

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Yagami Light did nothing wrong

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Namtab posted:

Yagami Light did nothing wrong

Actually he did, he got caught

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
What a chump

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When are they adding caster gil

Also I have 108 quartz and 25 summonign tickets, bring it the gently caress on delight works

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
More importantly, when are they adding Magical Amber

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I want Kaleido Ruby first

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I guess it would make sense to release the bad magical girl before the good magical girl, since there would be no reason to roll for Ruby if Amber already existed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There's no reason to roll for Amber when Phantasmoon already exists

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Actually what i really want is a 4-star free event Archer Ciel and then 5-star Lancer Powerd Ciel as a gacha servant

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When are we getting Tsukihime/Melty Blood crossover

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Baal posted:

When are we getting Tsukihime/Melty Blood crossover

when the tsukihime remake is released

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
rip hisui

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...
So seems like this got uploaded

Grausherra fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

97/100

Pretty happy with this, considering this account is only a week old. Gonna wrap up the last two missions tomorrow.