Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
dude you can't even curl 25 pounders the hell you being smug over lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concatenation
Jul 23, 2005

Your human mentality cries out for vengeance and thrives on the violence you say you can hardly endure.

Homestar Runner posted:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

roymorrison posted:

Lmao at these jabronis who do steroids but don't have a total
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpX7aT70ZJI

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

good fuckin morning goddammit
im excited for today
we'll be hitting the anconeus for 2 hours from every possible angle
well, time to get my rear end on cardio

shake time! use 5 scoops of REAL FOOD ©
cant forget the cocoa pebles, this is just something i do occasionally every day guys

busted! its cookie time goddammit
this is my 10th snack today, but it doesn't count as a meal although it's about 1000 kcal

ok, time to hit the gym goddammit
im here with my buddy SpiceRack™ another 5%er
lets do this poo poo

shoop ah shoop ah

fuckin killed it today. its fuckin beautiful outside drinking my shake
ready to head back home babe?

ok were on our nightly food run goddammit
what are we having tonight babe?
loving chipotle goddammit

cant forget the ben & jerrys goddammit
gotta eat a pint after 4 pounds of junk food at 1 am every night if you want to put on that size, right babe?

vacuum time goddammit, this is the secret to small waist guys
hold it for 15 seconds guys *holds vacuum for 3 seconds*
whooh this fuckers burn

ok guys time for me to hit the sack goddammit

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
so I was doing some research and is there any reason I can't bulk on chicken feed? It's super cheap, only like $1 per day. It has complete micro and macronutrients and looks easy to digest. Also I head they put steroids in it to help chickens grow ( this would give me extra gains ). So should I give it a try?

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Al Cowens posted:

so I was doing some research and is there any reason I can't bulk on chicken feed? It's super cheap, only like $1 per day. It has complete micro and macronutrients and looks easy to digest. Also I head they put steroids in it to help chickens grow ( this would give me extra gains ). So should I give it a try?

I hear you get volume discount after the first 1000 tons

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Al Cowens posted:

Are you a chicken y/n?

If yes, go for it.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
I don't see a problem with wearing a belt for reps you could do without a belt. You're training for a certain form so if you plan to use one eventually may as well start now.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
go back to ur corner u belt wearin weirdo

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

notZaar posted:

I don't see a problem with wearing a belt for reps you could do without a belt. You're training for a certain form so if you plan to use one eventually may as well start now.

lol

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I wear a belt for OHP.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Homestar Runner posted:

Judging everyone around you, much like lifting weights, and watching other guys in the mirror is a valid part of a gym routine and you can only get better at it if you practice. With a consistent routine this guy could go from curling 20s and judging normal people to curling 50s and making fun of crossfitters in no time

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Aralan posted:

Judging everyone around you, much like lifting weights, and watching other guys in the mirror is a valid part of a gym routine and you can only get better at it if you practice. With a consistent routine this guy could go from curling 20s and judging normal people to curling 50s and making fun of crossfitters in no time
smh if you do any of these
  • showing up on the premises in street clothes like some sort of autist and changing to more athletic attire in the locker room
  • neglecting to tip the gym receptionist
  • actually doing what the personal trainer tells you to do (classic noob mistake)
  • dumbshit meme routines like "Starting Strength" or any sort of 5x5. Just loving lift until you're tired. God drat

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

Aralan posted:

I don't judge everyone around me, just the people taking up the squat racks doing stupid poo poo for too long, and that's because there's only two in the gym.

Homestar Runner posted:

Naw, man, I hit failure on one side on my third set, my right arm was looking at me in the mirror saying "poo poo, dude, I lift more than this every night!"

My Q-Face fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Mar 4, 2016

Uxzuigal
Jan 16, 2013

Chill Berserker Dude

Al Cowens posted:

• dumbshit meme routines like "Starting Strength" or any sort of 5x5. Just loving lift until you're tired. God drat

I did squats today, first pyramid, then a negatives... Felt like my legs had been bulldozered.

So I decided to do the only resonable thing you can in a situation like that:
Go back for secounds when my gym mate asked if I wanted to lift... Yepp, Great idea.

My legs feel like they are on loving fire. 5 hours later...

Love it. :>

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
dem lats

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!
reps 4 jesus

Homestar Runner
Oct 9, 2012

I have ever played!

Al Cowens posted:

[*]dumbshit meme routines like "Starting Strength" or any sort of 5x5. Just loving lift until you're tired. God drat

holy poo poo this. the entire point of lifting is to attack the muscle from different angles in all kinds of rep ranges until failure :respek:

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
5x5 is a pretty good program.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
that bar did the right thing imho

that spot lmao

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

dat 6" depth.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I basically only go to the gym so i can "spot" fit men and gyrate my groin into theirs while they lift

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
If I do more than a half squat worth of ROM on the leg press my butt starts to lift off and it worries me. There's a history of disc slippage in my family. Am I doing the exercise wrong?

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*
Try changing your feet placement to minimize it but yeah that can happen depending on the machine. You're right to be careful

Why do the idiots in all these videos take the time to put on knee wraps if they're only squatting 6"??? How is that going to help at all? Where is the logic in the series of poor choices that lead to these videos?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

Dum Cumpster posted:

Try changing your feet placement to minimize it but yeah that can happen depending on the machine. You're right to be careful

I've tried doing the machine sumo style but then my knees start to feel funny, maybe I'll just stick to squats and leg curls.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

notZaar posted:

I've tried doing the machine sumo style but then my knees start to feel funny, maybe I'll just stick to squats and leg curls.

Could do light front squats for high volume to replace the leg press.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

http://es.pn/1LFrFRG

quote:

By the end of the project, Webster’s weight had barely moved — already an active person, he started out at 206 pounds and finished 30 days later at 207 — but he had gained a solid amount of muscle mass.

quote:

While he does many different kinds of lifts, he estimates his strength has gone up 10 to 15 percent across the board. When he started his Rock routine, his incline bench press was 115 pounds; now it’s 150. 

loving lol. Eat like The Rock, bench like The Beta.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Lol I went from 115 to 160 while cutting.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

gently caress how did I not notice there were no posts in the other swole thread for like a month.

as a sacrifice here is a video of a bunch of retards at a gym. And I mean that literally.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vdk6mBlzWsw

I really don't remember how I got to that video, but it probably had to do with Big Lenny.

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves
^^^ The app doesn't show what subforum it's in, or that it's closed until you try to post in it.

Massive SoCal Asada Burritos are good post workout food, right?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

My Q-Face posted:

Massive SoCal Asada Burritos are good post workout food, right?

Carne Asasa burritos are The Truth.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
these girls are swoller than u

now u must best them or u lose the game

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
yeah but their penises are probably slightly smaller so

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Crosspost from YLLS powerlifting thread.

Eddie Hall deadlifting a new World record 465kg/1025lbs at the Arnold Strongman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz3WWIgwLYg

E: Brian Shaw did 1021lbs like it was nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-l1xxORnAQ

Jerry Pritchett also broke 1000+ with 1005lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fxxbeTwgSQ

Thor got 972lbs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yn90KrsF3p0

Say Nothing fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Mar 5, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
at some point we're gonna hit the limit for what human bones/tissue can manage to liftm even when fueled by all sorts of drugs

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
400lb+ giants can't really be classified as human.

Party Alarm
May 10, 2012

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

I hope you used the extra thrust to finish your rep.

I finished my set caught between a state of fear of making GBS threads my pants and laughter

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sup thread

Started oly lifting in flags. Like to be more mobile and have bigger pulls.

Crossfit is going cool

https://instagram.com/p/BCjMXwwpQUG/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Crossfit is going cool

gently caress off m8

• Locked thread