Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
holy gently caress you're slender man :stare:

(I think it's numpad 2 that spawns that...mess)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It's probably just the fuzzy black filter that goes over a red dude you're about to switch into/have just switched out of, but without the red dude there
(since people were using spoiler warnings for that mechanic before)

I kind of wish you could go back and mess with replays later, when I'm playing I just want to move on to more innovative shooter action.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Mar 3, 2016

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
Thanks for reloading my gun for me, nerd.. :cool:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ugh, is there a better video-to-gif than imgurs? I'm trying to gif this killstagram of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd77vbrV9Pg
But the imgur vid to gif thing gets real fucky about the end duration. :saddowns:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I wan to try and get 2-3 guns and just juggle them off a while so you are firing non-stop.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

eSporks posted:

I wan to try and get 2-3 guns and just juggle them off a while so you are firing non-stop.

Something like this?

Not perfect, but it was what I tried (several dozen times) to do.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
(super)HOT off the presses, they came out with a new patch

quote:

Here is our current changelog:

• upgraded KILLSTAGRAM clips quality
  • a bunch of achievements related fixes
  • fixed malfunctioning weapons when picking them right after [REDACTED]
  • fixed game logic bugs in [REDACTED] challenge
  • fixed various random crashes in Mac/Linux versions
  • fixed occasionally missing sounds issue
  • fixed occasional progress loss in Challenges
  • fixed bunch of minor game logic issues
  • fixed another issue with performance degrading on a high-end PCs in selected cases
  • fixed v-sync halving framerate in selected cases

More to come soon.

blakyoshi
Feb 17, 2011
So, anyone else having the game run too fast after the patch? I think it even decreased the jump distance, something is very wrong with physics. I hope this gets fixed soon because the game is unplayable like this.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

blakyoshi posted:

So, anyone else having the game run too fast after the patch? I think it even decreased the jump distance, something is very wrong with physics. I hope this gets fixed soon because the game is unplayable like this.

Same problem. Something about the update really hosed things up.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvkd1LeNue4

This game makes me feel like god himself.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I hate elevator so much, I am not looking forward to trying to real time it. If I do end up doing single segment runs of this game, that level will be a run killer.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

eSporks posted:

I felt like a motherfucking tasmania devil.

eSporks posted:

I hate elevator so much, I am not looking forward to trying to real time it. If I do end up doing single segment runs of this game, that level will be a run killer.

The thought of doing it in NoRestart mode is giving me the agita. :ohdear:

RiotGearEpsilon
Jun 26, 2005
SHAVE ME FROM MY SHELF

I'm not usually one to get motion sick but :barf:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Fans posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvkd1LeNue4

This game makes me feel like god himself.

I love punching red dudes so hard that their heads explode

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
Norestart tips: do it after everything else, you'll already know exactly where everything is.

Don't be afraid to take your time and lure enemies. Since you're in total timestop you can easily dodge one shooter at a time, two is tricky. Aiming directly at bullets lets you dodge them no matter the distance.

In Elevator, do the thing where you move to the left and let the guy take the bullet that's meant for you, don't kill the second guy until you've got a bullet ready for the shotgun guy. Throw your gun at the other guy, shoot him, and take out the last pistol guy. That seemed reliable when I did it.

Office killed me on the first attempt, it's probably the worst. The shotgun guy in the center of the room doesn't move, so you can take him out last. Knowing the difference between enemies that will move towards you and enemies that will stay put in one location is probably the key to not loving up through Norestart.

After Office, Station and Train are fairly easy if you abuse killswitching when necessary. Gate is harder, don't move past the little room on the left until you've killed everyone. Lobby is tough but fair, abuse throwing weapons given the total timestop, move out of the central area as soon as possible.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
One thing I've noticed as I abuse mechanics to make fun videos is that while throwing an object directly will stun them, interrupting a bullet mid flight, or shooting an object, will actually make an AoE stun effect that can affect multiple enemies right around the point of impact.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0VMcC0F_es

Alright so num0 for free camera, num2 to turn on player model, num9 to turn off view model, num4 for reverse, num5 for pause, num6 for forward. I think 7 or 8 turn of messages like CAPTURING and UPLOADING.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Are there more weapons than fists, melee, and the 3 guns?

I'm really sad I can't bash a bottle over a guy's head and have both things flies into a million pieces. I think I saw darts in one of the levels but didn't get a chance to use it.

Also man this game really likes patting itself on the back with the between stage chatlogs.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3

AlphaKretin posted:

Ugh, is there a better video-to-gif than imgurs? I'm trying to gif this killstagram of mine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd77vbrV9Pg
But the imgur vid to gif thing gets real fucky about the end duration. :saddowns:

https://gfycat.com/SecretVagueComet

gfycat?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ah, thanks.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
This game is not my cup of tea, but I have that queer SUPER... HOT... SUPER... HOT voice clip embedded in my brain from watching the giant bomb quicklook help how do I get rid of it?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

how me a frog posted:

This game is not my cup of tea, but I have that queer SUPER... HOT... SUPER... HOT voice clip embedded in my brain from watching the giant bomb quicklook help how do I get rid of it?

The first day after I played this game, I couldn't play any other game until I played more SUPERHOT. This game has something to it.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Morter posted:

Something like this?

Not perfect, but it was what I tried (several dozen times) to do.
This is pretty rad and almost exactly what I was thinking about.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
:stare: holy poo poo I did not expect this game to be basically Videodrome

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Does anyone know if the spawn locations are completely random or if they can be manipulated? Its making a lot of the RT levels sort of frustrating and I really have to listen for audio cues or do quick shoulder checks for the red glow. Like 07SHOTS sometimes goes RLLRLRL or RLLRRLR or RLLRRLL. Subway was another one that had some random spawns, and even the starting location of the gun in the air was different.

eSporks fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Mar 4, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Unless SpeedrunRT changes things I think spawns are as much a consistent part of the level as guns and walls. The only exception I've noticed was getting too close to a spawn point in Donut Alley making it not spawn - and even then I've gotten closer to a spawn in Strong Medicine that still went off so they're not all dynamic.

E: I'm probably wrong, thinking too generally. The gun in Subway is dropped by the first guy when you punch him, though, isn't it? So it's a matter of how he ragdolls.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

Unless SpeedrunRT changes things I think spawns are as much a consistent part of the level as guns and walls. The only exception I've noticed was getting too close to a spawn point in Donut Alley making it not spawn - and even then I've gotten closer to a spawn in Strong Medicine that still went off so they're not all dynamic.

E: I'm probably wrong, thinking too generally. The gun in Subway is dropped by the first guy when you punch him, though, isn't it? So it's a matter of how he ragdolls.

They definitely are not entirely fixed. The first guy in the subway would sometimes spawn way off screen already on the tracks for me, bug maybe? Which stairs they came down was also not fixed, and I have seen a few instances of guys spawning with different guns. In desperation(?) the first gun that runs from the hallway on the right sometimes spawns with a gun, and sometimes unarmed. I know that some enemies will not spawn until other enemies are killed, so maybe its got to do with what order you kill guys in or how fast, or maybe there are location triggers too. Just wondering if anyone has found some sort of reason.
Some levels do appear to be entirely fixed though.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yeah I edited because on second thought I was waaay off. It's hard to tell if spawns are triggered by enemy kills or by time that happens to elapse while you kill enemies because why the gently caress would you not kill enemies unless explicitly testing this?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Seriously, the story of this game deserves more attention. It's insanely rad. I was legitimately creeped out as gently caress by a large portion of the game.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction
Spawns are definitely tied to enemy kills.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

So is there ever a good time to melee, giving that it takes three hits to kill someone? Is it always better to punch once, grab a gun and shoot?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

If there's someone else to shoot I sometimes punch thrice, grab gun, then shoot the other guy. It's also just sometimes, through bad luck or whatever, your only option.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Seriously, the story of this game deserves more attention. It's insanely rad. I was legitimately creeped out as gently caress by a large portion of the game.

Some goon yelled about reused tropes which, if they were egregious, didn't bother me at all...

But goddrat did this game make me miss 1980 computer displays/sounds. I might seriously get some sort of whirring IBM white noise track. What a disturbingly soothing sound. That along with the (fake) chat was one of the most immersive experiences I've ever been through this year. :allears:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

The issue with the plot - which is, yes, very good - is that the gameplay is also very very good and both can't happen at once until it's done.

Also there's one point I'm confused on: Initially, you're using a crack to get into superhot.exe and the system wants you out, then once you come back in they punish you by... using you? Which is a good thing for them, so they'd want you to be playing? Unless the initial resistance was a sort of reverse psychology thing to get you hooked.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Mar 4, 2016

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
During the prison scene where the guys are shooting at you, I managed to dodge around enough to get a few of the guys to shoot the other guys. Does anyone know if it's possible to not obey and not die here?

Ryen Deckard
Jun 28, 2008

My blood is red, white, and blue.

AlphaKretin posted:

Unless the initial resistance was a sort of reverse psychology thing to get you hooked.

That was my take-away from it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

AlphaKretin posted:

The issue with the plot - which is, yes, very good - is that the gameplay is also very very good and both can't happen at once until it's done.

Also there's one point I'm confused on: Initially, you're using a crack to get into superhot.exe and the system wants you out, then once you come back in they punish you by... using you? Which is a good thing for them, so they'd want you to be playing? Unless the initial resistance was a sort of reverse psychology thing to get you hooked.
I think it was sorta that and a test. The kind of people who they want are the people that would keep coming back regardless of the consequences.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

I love that the ending is basically "promote this game for us, don't spoil poo poo" :allears:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I interpreted it as you're not supposed to be in there, but you keep coming back, so who/whatever is in charge of the System basically just decided "gently caress it, let's make this weirdo useful."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

AlphaKretin posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.

I love that the ending is basically "promote this game for us, don't spoil poo poo" :allears:

Reminds me of an aspect of Receiver, where the game is essentially playing in a deliberately intangible world where Receivers can fight against the menace where others are asleep (in a Matrix like setting, I imagine). However, one of the tapes is, in part: "Your crude world is not the true reality. Your physical body here is the shadow cast by your transcendent mind. We call this higher plane "Reality A", and your world of shadows "Reality B". If you're receiving this message in a fictional context, you are at an even deeper level, one that we cannot reach."

Like the other poster mentioned, that poo poo got to me. Not that I believed it, but it's chilling to think about.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I interpreted it as you're not supposed to be in there, but you keep coming back, so who/whatever is in charge of the System basically just decided "gently caress it, let's make this weirdo useful."

If you find all the secrets, you get a look at how recruitment is done (super post-game spoilers) in the chat room.

Edit: Son of a bitch, I just found out there are secrets in the Endless levels. :catstare:

Morter fucked around with this message at 06:49 on Mar 4, 2016

• Locked thread