Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

LORD OF BUTT posted:

I interpreted it as you're not supposed to be in there, but you keep coming back, so who/whatever is in charge of the System basically just decided "gently caress it, let's make this weirdo useful."

The ending demands you spread the system though, by IRL recommending the game to friends who will be met with resistance, which fits with the test/reverse psych thing.

Non-CIA content: This Killstagram of mine has an example of choosing to punch someone out - in this case it was quicker than finding a gun: https://killstagram.com/s/MoistDutifulMaizeHyacinthMacaw. Since someone was asking earlier if it was ever worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Morter posted:

Edit: Son of a bitch, I just found out there are secrets in the Endless levels. :catstare:

Yeah, but they don't unlock anything else, and if you found all the singleplayer secrets you have to sit through the "YOU FOUND ALL THE SECRETS, HAVE A REWARD" cutscene every goddamn time.

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Morter posted:

fixed occasional progress loss in Challenges
I haven't played the new version yet to see the new and exciting bugs, but I hope this one is true at least.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Occasional? I have to redo a level every sing drat time I quit to the menu. Definitely echoing the above statement.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Sivart13 posted:

I haven't played the new version yet to see the new and exciting bugs, but I hope this one is true at least.
I lost a level of SPEEDRUNrt earlier. It seems that if you quit immediately after beating a level there is chance you lose progress, so at least die on the next one a few times to be safe. I also found out there is a speedrun community around this, so yea, thats where my life is going for a while. http://www.speedrun.com/SUPERHOT#Any

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

LORD OF BUTT posted:

Seriously, the story of this game deserves more attention. It's insanely rad. I was legitimately creeped out as gently caress by a large portion of the game.

the press E to super, press Q to hot (or whichever) bit was amazing

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

atomicthumbs posted:

look for "diy.exe"

you're welcome :pcgaming:

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

https://killstagram.com/s/WonderfulDecisiveImperialKoala

I got caught in a bind on Fists Only mode and after a while, realized how absurd it was, so I kept it going for a needlessly long time. The result in realtime is cool as gently caress.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

atomicthumbs posted:

I loved that bit but my roommate was not a fan. All he could hear from the other room was "SUPER... HOT...SUPER...HOT..." and didn't know what the gently caress was going on.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Talorat posted:

I loved that bit but my roommate was not a fan. All he could hear from the other room was "SUPER... HOT...SUPER...HOT..." and didn't know what the gently caress was going on.

I don't know why this is a problem, just inform him that you were playing the most innovative shooter you've played in years. Maybe send him an .exe

There really should be a demo in a single .exe, maybe packaged from the 7 day FPS game.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I'm pretty sure I'm doing the speedrun challenge mode right.

https://killstagram.com/s/AnchoredRosyAuroMetalSaurusGrasshopper
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCBS7SrRyAQ

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Yes, you are.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Its like a Jackie Chan fight scene rendered on a SuperFX chip.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

The attention to realism in this game is incredible.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

jon joe posted:

During the prison scene where the guys are shooting at you, I managed to dodge around enough to get a few of the guys to shoot the other guys. Does anyone know if it's possible to not obey and not die here?

You can punch a guy and take his gun if you jump.

AlphaKretin posted:

The ending demands you spread the system though, by IRL recommending the game to friends who will be met with resistance, which fits with the test/reverse psych thing.

What does it mean in the context of the ending that I got a refund because I finished the game in under two hours? :v:

The devs mentioned free content updates, I kinda hope that includes new weapons. Or at least mod support.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 5, 2016

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

Zomborgon posted:

There really should be a demo in a single .exe, maybe packaged from the 7 day FPS game.

Well there's a demo you can play in your web browser

https://superhotgame.com/play-prototype/

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Anatharon posted:

Or at least mod support.

:stwoon:I didn't realise how much I wanted this.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Fans posted:

Well there's a demo you can play in your web browser

https://superhotgame.com/play-prototype/

Exactly what I was referring to.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

:stwoon:I didn't realise how much I wanted this.

If there was decent mod support I'd take back everything bad I said about the game.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
The devs have talked about a level editor so I'm sure mod support is a possibility

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Improbable Lobster posted:

The devs have talked about a level editor so I'm sure mod support is a possibility

That'd be enough, it's what I wanted mods for - infinite* new vanilla gameplay. :swoon:

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
Give me even faster katana swipes so I can take out a shotgun blast and throw me to the wolves.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Give me even faster katana swipes so I can take out a shotgun blast and throw me to the wolves.

Combine this with a lightsaber skin and you have Jedi Master mode.

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Gharbad the Weak posted:

Some demented hybrid of Katanaonly+Fullstop where slashes don't take any time?

Oh yeah, is anyone else unable to get Killstagram to work? All I get is a can't connect error, and while it's saving the videos locally, they're not being uploaded. It's putting a kibosh on my ability to tell my friends about the most innovative shooter I've played in years.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
https://killstagram.com/s/PerfumedFrankRackleyCapybara

Game's pretty good I guess.

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

How did you make this play in real time?

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh wow, this is one of the best things I've ever played. It's like somebody took those 'this is how cool I'd be if a bar brawl suddenly erupted' daydreams that I suspect most men are prone to having and simulated them in the most satisfying way possible. I've always been pretty crappy at FPS games (prone to getting flustered under fire) so I'm having a ball finally getting to pirouette around the place all badass.

Hope the devs get a ton of money out of it and keep adding features; I'd love to see contextual/environmental kills, more movement options, more melee animations etc.
I've gotten 3 people (from various demographics) hooked on it irl so far so I can see it going places esp if it could be ported to mobile.

It's a good time to be gaming..

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

more melee animations

It's a good time to be gaming..

As I said before I really, really want the game to have a melee bottle weapon that can kill a guy and shatter on the same hit, can you imagine? :allears;

Also Metal Gear Rising slicing up a corpse as it falls to the ground.

eSporks posted:

How did you make this play in real time?

That's just how replays are.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Anatharon posted:

That's just how replays are.

I think they meant realtime as in SpeedrunRT - video looks like the gameplay, but I don't think that replay actually was, just a bit laggy. :shrug:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

AlphaKretin posted:

I think they meant realtime as in SpeedrunRT - video looks like the gameplay, but I don't think that replay actually was, just a bit laggy. :shrug:
Yea, thats what I meant. Could be lag I guess.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How did you do that opposite, play the replay in slow-mo

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Once you get the Katana timing down slicing bullets is the loving best thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug04TiLOJb4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Is 2013 mode new?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Improbable Lobster posted:

Is 2013 mode new?

It's been there since the full game release.

I knew gently caress all about any betas/prototypes though

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Apparently I'm allowed to ask the lead developer one question?

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
I really like FullStop, but I'd also like to be able to play endless mode that way. Also, have a Katana mode/Fullstop combination.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Gharbad the Weak posted:

I really like FullStop, but I'd also like to be able to play endless mode that way. Also, have a Katana mode/Fullstop combination.

Yeah I'm sad they changed the unlocks from being modifiers to separate modes.

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPE3mQ6GcE

Apparently, there actually IS a way to do a single challenge mode in endless mode. It may be a bug, but heck yes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Gharbad the Weak posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdPE3mQ6GcE

Apparently, there actually IS a way to do a single challenge mode in endless mode. It may be a bug, but heck yes.

Yes.... :circlefap:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gharbad the Weak
Feb 23, 2008

This too good for you.
If you shoot a pistol, and then immediately throw it, the gun hits the bullet.

• Locked thread