Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Smorgasbord posted:

Kasiano losing 15kgs seems to have helped a lot.

:iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Holy poo poo, I'm glad I'm not a manly fan right now or I'd be throwing my phone through my new wall mounted TV.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it's like Manly don't even have a halfback he never gets the ball

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's like manly have never played a game together and are a bit confused where they are or what they're doing.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

iajanus posted:

It's like manly have never played a game together and are a bit confused where they are or what they're doing.

The Trent Barrett experience :laugh:

I hope Geoff Toovey's relaxing at home with a couple of drinks enjoying the game tonight.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

This is the DCE I know and love from origin

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Foran is as big a loss as expected. I'm not convinced that Walker fits at 6, Lyon might be a better option.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

To be fair, manly's woes are mostly starting from their outside backs making inexplicable mistakes and terrible reads.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

To be fair, manly's woes are mostly starting from their outside backs making inexplicable mistakes and terrible reads.
came to make this post but you beat me

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Although that time walker was to blame.

Seriously, how were the sea eagles favourites for this game instead of being massive underdogs? Did nobody watch them in preseason?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Also wtf is up with Taupau? How is he so unfit?

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Manly look like a different team with Parcell out there, Korisau just looks disinterested

e: nevermind still awful

Thinking fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Mar 4, 2016

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I wonder what it's like supporting a team that never passes the ball to the million dollar a year player

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

bowmore posted:

I wonder what it's like supporting a team that never passes the ball to the million dollar a year player

The Cowboys used to do this with Thurston, it's infuriating as a Cowboys sympathiser.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

cpaf posted:

Manly look like a different team with Parcell out there, Korisau just looks disinterested

Boy howdy I wish we could've kept Parcell. I reckon he'll be the next long term QLD hooker, possibly the Australian hooker as well.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's pretty funny to watch if you're sitting with a titans fan. The running commentary is brilliant.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Kickoff Leeds vs Huddersfield, both teams winless, another waterlogged sloggfest. Just because it would be funny I'm hoping for a Huddersfield win. Anythings possible though.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

It's pretty funny to watch if you're sitting with a titans fan. The running commentary is brilliant.

When a Tigers fan and a Titans fan get together, which one pities the other?

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ili posted:

They're both annihilated, it produces -ve energy though.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Dirty Frank posted:

They're both annihilated, it produces -ve energy though.

Upside is a working Alcubierre drive.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Upside is a working Alcubierre drive.
Good upside. My KSP Eve builds might actually work.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I know Manly usually suck at the start of the season, but that was some hot garbage.

Smorgasbord posted:

The Trent Barrett experience :laugh:

I hope Geoff Toovey's relaxing at home with a couple of drinks enjoying the game tonight.
Bring back the Tooves :smith:

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

DCE and Taupau both played poo poo in an awful showing by the team and still posted 50+ in fantasy, how nice.

I don't think Walker should be written off as a 5/8 just yet, people were doing the same for Milford after we were drubbed by the Rabbitohs in round 1 last year. I think the loss of Brett Stewart is also a pretty big deal for them since he's more of a play maker and organiser than Trbojevic

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

ili posted:

In this case we got extremely drunk, cried a lot, and eventually got married. The ultimate pity-based emotional support group. :)

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Pretty uncoordinated start to the game.

Forgot to mention and I'm not sure if everyone knows yet, but anyone with a Telstra mobile gets a free NRL (or AFL) digital pass so they can watch all games live on their phones or similar devices. Just call #820# from your phone and it'll SMS you links that you can use to activate your pass (note that you can only activate one of them so choose wisely). Tested and it works well :)

Once you've done the activation just log into the app and you're set.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
It's too hot to really make any calls on this game but both the Panthers and raiders look suspect in defence.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

It's too hot to really make any calls on this game but both the Panthers and raiders look suspect in defence.

That's putting it mildly. It certainly looks like most of the teams haven't been too focused on defence in the off season. I'm sure the Tigers will buck that trend, though.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

That's putting it mildly. It certainly looks like most of the teams haven't been too focused on defence in the off season. I'm sure the Tigers will buck that trend, though.

Penrith missed about 16 tackles on that last try.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Raiders look poo poo hot imo, especially Sezer/Hodgson

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I reckon we can win a shoot out but if the defence completely collapses we are hosed.

Tied at HT is really poor

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I reckon we can win a shoot out but if the defence completely collapses we are hosed.

Tied at HT is really poor

Yeah, that last two minutes doesn't bode well for their ability to defend a lead under pressure.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

iajanus posted:

Yeah, that last two minutes doesn't bode well for their ability to defend a lead under pressure.

It's just the heat, its just the heat, its just the heat

*repeat to myself until I believe it*

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

It's just the heat, its just the heat, its just the heat

*repeat to myself until I believe it*

Username/post combination

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

That's a bigass line dropout

e: and the Panthers still score off the back of the 70m line dropout

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

What kind of lunatic organisation schedules an nrl game 3pm in march.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Blake Austin hobbles off with a reported medial ligament injury.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

What kind of lunatic organisation schedules an nrl game 3pm in march.

Eh the A-League does some very stupid poo poo with summer scheduling. TV pays the bills and calls the schedules.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Condition report from Campbelltown: also bloody hot, but there's an occasional breezes to take the edge off. Apparently there'll be a coordinated thing with cardboard in the stands when the Tigers run out, which I can only assume will end badly.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Cool mcl tear that's fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Segs broke his arm. Did a witch curse Penrith.

• Locked thread