Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

chaoslord posted:

Gonna play Bomilcar Withdraws for 2 Ops to activate Dionysius and roll on the siege table for Capua. Should be it for my turn I believe. Sorry about the delay yall, I must have unbookmarked this thread. I'll be more prompt in the future.

Siege roll: 4,2

You will take the city of Capua and lose 1CU, if you'd like to do anything else. I'll do a more complete update later.

As a reminder, this is the start of Action Round 2, so the Neutral Powers may be activated again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I'll just end there

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Greeks play Bomilcar Withdraws for 2Ops, activating Dionysius to roll on the Siege Table.

Siege roll: 4,2

Siege Level in Capua is increased by 1 and 1CU is lost. Greeks take control of Capua.

Romans is now the active player.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Senate intrigue to drop CU on praeneste - this can't drop on Messana correct?

Neutral power activates card to activate Hamilcar and roll siege on Messana

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Nice job being a vindictive bastard :allears:

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

I'm new and barely keeping up via phone and would happily take help or feedback

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Romans play Senate Intrigue for 3Ops, placing a CU in Praeneste.

Romans additionally play Neutral Power Activates for the event, activating Carthage.

Hamilcar is activated and rolls on the siege table.

Siege roll: 5,4

Siege level in Messana is increased by 2. Carthage takes control of Messana.

Gauls is now the active player.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ropes4u posted:

I'm new and barely keeping up via phone and would happily take help or feedback

I think we're all new and confused, so flailing around ineffectively is par for the course. What happens if we all end with negative points from the Neutral powers, Taran_Wanderer? :ohdear:

Anyway, I suggest you keep on punching the Gauls and the Greeks and leave the friendly Samnites and Etruscans alone.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Oy. Just because we´re a stinkin plunderin horde don no mean that you can keep on punchin us!
We punch back!

In other News, Gauls play as follows:

"Too far from Home"
activates Minor-Leader-B who moves with his 5 CUs to Genua/Placentia where he picks up 2 CUs and then onto Dertona for Battle Against me cousins from "up north"

I play no Neutral Power Cards.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

I think we're all new and confused, so flailing around ineffectively is par for the course. What happens if we all end with negative points from the Neutral powers, Taran_Wanderer? :ohdear:

You would all lose points, and no one would gain any. This is why everyone starts with 6VP!

Mr.Misfit posted:

In other News, Gauls play as follows:

"Too far from Home"
activates Minor-Leader-B who moves with his 5 CUs to Genua/Placentia where he picks up 2 CUs and then onto Dertona for Battle Against me cousins from "up north"

I play no Neutral Power Cards.

Too Far From Home is a 1Op card, so Minor Leader-B only has 3MP, and he has to spend 2MP to go across the rough terrain between Luna and Parma.

If the Gauls do attack the T-Gauls, Etruscan/Samnites will get to make decisions for them, including whether to avoid battle and what happens if they win a battle.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
Curses!
Foiled again by the numbers! Gaul declares War on Numbers!

Anyway, you are correct, I didn´t take into account the fact that there i rough terrain.
To account for this, I need to play Flight Before the Barbarians instead. Which I do.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

16% to run away? gently caress that. Stand and fight

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Per PM, T-Gauls stand and fight.

Gauls get a +2 drm for force ration and a +1 drm for fighting in a friendly controlled space.

Gauls combat roll: 1,4,5 = 10 + 3 = 13

T-Gauls combat roll: 1,2,2 = 5

Gauls win the battle. T-Gaul army is eliminated. Gauls may add/remove 2 support as political consequences for winning the battle. As a reminder, Gauls may choose to receive Plunder instead of adding/removing support for political consequences.

I'll do a full update later, but Etruscans/Samnintes is now the active player if you wish to take your turn now.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
If I see this correctly,
I can´t use political support to regain Bononia as it was lost against the Etruscans, not the T-Gauls.

If I read that correctly, then I´m taking 2 plunder.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Ok, play Dis Comes for Brennus to put a CU in Pisae.

That's it.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Gauls play Flight Before the Barbarians for 2Ops, activating Minor Leader-B.

Minor Leader-B moves to Parma and then Placentia. Minor Leader-B picks up 2CUs from Placentia and then moves to Dertona.

Etruscan/Samnites decide the T-Gauls stand and fight.

Gauls get a +2 drm for force ratio and a +1 drm for fighting in a friendly controlled space.

Gauls combat roll: 1,4,5 = 10 + 3 = 13

T-Gauls combat roll: 1,2,2 = 5

Gauls win the battle. T-Gaul army is eliminated. Gauls receive 2 Plunder instead of political consequences for winning the battle.

Etruscan/Samnites play Dis Comes for Brennus for 3Ops, placing an Etruscan CU in Pisae as reinforcement.

It is now Action Round 3. Greeks is now the active player.

If anyone wants an updated snapshot of their hand, please send me a PM. Please also let me know if you want to know hand counts, cards in a player's discard pile, etc.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

PMed this in but will post it here as well

Use Siege Towers for 3 Ops, activating Minor Leader A on Tarentum and 4 CU and they will naval movement to Syracuse. That will put Minor Leader A, Minor Leader B, and 5 CU on Syracuse.
Move Minor Leader A back to Tarentum since it doesn't make since to have two Minor Leaders in the same spot, and he'll join the 1 remaining CU there.

Done.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Greeks play Siege Towers for 3Ops, activating Minor Leader-A.

Minor Leader-A and 4CU naval move to Syracuse. Minor Leader-A is then moved back to Tarentum.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Per PM, Romans place Minor Leader-A in Rome.

Romans play Disaster at Trifanum for 2Ops, activating Minor Leader-A.

Minor Leader-A and 3CU move to Caere.

Gauls is now the active player.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
I´m playing Neutral Power Activates on Volsci to add 1 CU.

Spend 1 Plunder to remove Etruscan PC on BONONIA

Play Too Far From Home to activate Minor Leader-A in Sena Gallica
He moves to Sentinum. 1 MP
Raids. 2 MP
Raids again if unsuccessful, if Raid has already succesful, move with -1 CU to Spoletium

Plunder! Pillage! Burn!

(Did I do this right?)

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Mr.Misfit posted:

Plunder! Pillage! Burn!

(Did I do this right?)

No :(

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Mr.Misfit posted:

I´m playing Neutral Power Activates on Volsci to add 1 CU.

Spend 1 Plunder to remove Etruscan PC on BONONIA

Play Too Far From Home to activate Minor Leader-A in Sena Gallica
He moves to Sentinum. 1 MP
Raids. 2 MP
Raids again if unsuccessful, if Raid has already succesful, move with -1 CU to Spoletium

Plunder! Pillage! Burn!

(Did I do this right?)

Raiding is only 1MP, but it looks like you did the math right, despite posting 2MP. I also assume Minor Leader-A is moving with all 4CU.

Siege table roll for raid: 2,1

Minor Leader-A's army loses a CU and is unsuccessful.

Siege table roll for raid: 6,1

Minor Leader-A's army loses a CU and is successful. Gauls gain a plunder and an independent PC marker is placed in Sentinum.

I'll do a proper update later, but Etruscan/Samnites may take his turn now, if he would like.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Gauls play Neutral Power Activates for the event to activate the Volscii, placing a CU in Antium.

Gauls play Too Far From Home for 1Op, activating Minor Leader-A.

Minor Leader-A and 4CU move to Sentinum and raid.

Siege table roll for raid: 2,1

Minor Leader-A's army loses a CU and is unsuccessful. Sentinum is raided again.

Siege table roll for raid: 6,1

Minor Leader-A's army loses a CU and is successful. Gauls gain a plunder and an independent PC marker is placed in Sentinum.

Etruscan/Samnites is now the active player.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!
You forgot, that I spent 1 plunder to free Bononia.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Mr.Misfit posted:

You forgot, that I spent 1 plunder to free Bononia.

Ack! I should be able to fix that later today.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Play Domestication for the Event. Those raiding Gauls really like the place and settle down.

EDIT: Could I get an updated hand, please?

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Mar 3, 2016

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Gauls spend one Plunder to remove Etruscan PC marker from Bononia.

Etruscan/Samnites play Domestication for the event, removing one Gallic CU from Sentinum.

Etruscan/Samnite deck will be reshuffled at the beginning of the next Draw Phase.

Greeks is now the active player. It is now Action Round 4.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Pitch Greek Reprisal for 1 op to increase loyalty in Syracuse to 3. That's all I've got.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

So that's the start of round 4, right? Could we have a hand card count, please?

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Greeks play Greek Reprisal for 1Op, increasing support in Syracuse to 3.

Fat Samurai posted:

So that's the start of round 4, right? Could we have a hand card count, please?

After the Greek card play, the Greeks have two cards in hand. Romans and Etruscan/Samnites have three cards in hand. Gauls have two cards in hand.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Per PM, Romans play Neutral Power Activates to activate Carthage.

Hamilcar is activated and is moved to Syracuse through Catina.

Greeks, would you like to attempt to intercept Hamilcar in Catina? If not, please choose how many CUs are hiding in the walls of Syracuse. Then, would you like the remainder to attempt to avoid battle?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok I just want to make sure I understand everything so bear with me.

I can attempt to intercept. If successful I get +1 to my battle roll. If I fail, I can't attempt to avoid battle.

I can attempt to avoid battle. If I fail I get a -1 to my roll. If I succeed then, well, I avoid battle by moving those units away.

The guys I hide in he city (up to a commander and 3 cu?) can sortie and attack the folks in my space when activated but can't leave as long as the city has enemy CU outside of it. They wouldn't do anything to prevent siege rolls though, correct? And they wouldn't participate in the battle with the units outside the wall because they are inside the wall.

Is that how all of the options work?

Sorry for being late on this, my grandpa passed Friday and it's just been a whirlwind trying to get everything figured out and the fighting amongst the family and jeez.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

chaoslord posted:

Ok I just want to make sure I understand everything so bear with me.

I can attempt to intercept. If successful I get +1 to my battle roll. If I fail, I can't attempt to avoid battle.

I can attempt to avoid battle. If I fail I get a -1 to my roll. If I succeed then, well, I avoid battle by moving those units away.

The guys I hide in he city (up to a commander and 3 cu?) can sortie and attack the folks in my space when activated but can't leave as long as the city has enemy CU outside of it. They wouldn't do anything to prevent siege rolls though, correct? And they wouldn't participate in the battle with the units outside the wall because they are inside the wall.

Is that how all of the options work?

Sorry for being late on this, my grandpa passed Friday and it's just been a whirlwind trying to get everything figured out and the fighting amongst the family and jeez.

Yes, that's correct. CUs in the city also prevent that city's loyalty from being reduced below the number of CUs in the city, so while they do not prevent help against a siege directly, they do prevent the siege from being successful by the city's loyalty being reduced.

Sorry to hear about to your grandpa, too :(

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Per PM, Greeks attempt to intercept Hamilcar in Catina with Minor Leader-B's army.

Interception roll: 2

Attempt is unsuccessful. Hamilcar's army continues on to Syracusae.

Per PM, Greek Minor Leader-B stands and fights.

In response, Romans play The Sacred Band for +2 drm to Carthaginian combat roll. Greeks play Hoplites for +2 drm to Greek combat roll.

Carthaginians have +1 drm for force ratio, +2 drm for superior leadership, and +2 drm for response card, for a total drm of +5.

Greeks have +1 drm for fighting in a friendly controlled space, and +2 drm for response card, for a total drm of +3.

Carthaginian combat roll: 3,4,6 = 13 + 5 = 18

Greek combat roll: 3,5,4 = 12 + 3 = 15

Carthaginians win the combat and lose 2CUs. Greeks lose 3CUs and must retreat. Greeks lose an additional CU from Hoplites.

Greeks please post how you would like to retreat. Minor Leader-B's army may retreat to Agrigentum, into Syracusae, or to a friendly port using Naval Movement if you discard a 3Op card.

Romans, please choose how Carthage will add/remove two support for Political Consequences.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Per PM, Greeks attempt to intercept Hamilcar in Catina with Minor Leader-B's army.

Interception roll: 2

Attempt is unsuccessful. Hamilcar's army continues on to Syracusae.

Per PM, Greek Minor Leader-B stands and fights.

In response, Romans play The Sacred Band for +2 drm to Carthaginian combat roll. Greeks play Hoplites for +2 drm to Greek combat roll.

Carthaginians have +1 drm for force ratio, +2 drm for superior leadership, and +2 drm for response card, for a total drm of +5.

Greeks have +1 drm for fighting in a friendly controlled space, and +2 drm for response card, for a total drm of +3.

Carthaginian combat roll: 3,4,6 = 13 + 5 = 18

Greek combat roll: 3,5,4 = 12 + 3 = 15

Carthaginians win the combat and lose 2CUs. Greeks lose 3CUs and must retreat. Greeks lose an additional CU from Hoplites.

Greeks please post how you would like to retreat. Minor Leader-B's army may retreat to Agrigentum, into Syracusae, or to a friendly port using Naval Movement if you discard a 3Op card.

Romans, please choose how Carthage will add/remove two support for Political Consequences.

Add two support

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Into Syracuse

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

Ropes4u posted:

Add two support

Where? You can increase the loyalty of Messana or take control of any of the unfortified spaces in Sicily.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

Taran_Wanderer posted:

Where? You can increase the loyalty of Messana or take control of any of the unfortified spaces in Sicily.

Sorry I thought I was smart :@/

Increase loyalty of Messana

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013
Greeks retreat into Syracusae. Romans increase the loyalty of Messana by two. Syracusae is placed under siege.

Romans play Campaign for the event, activating Camillus and Minor Leader-A.

Minor Leader-A and 3CUs move to Tarquinii. Tarquinii is placed under siege.

Instead of moving, Camilus removes a CU from his army to place a Roman Walled City in Velitrae.

Gaul is now the active player.

Cards in hand:
Gauls - 2
Etruscan/Samnites - 3
Greeks - 1
Romans - 0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones