Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TommyGun85 posted:

....poor minivan. It would need some serious repairs.

They put the one that hit King in a car crusher, if you angle things right Gurm could accomplish that at the same time as getting hit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

how to make aprons out of whale dicks and whatnot.

I knew there was a good explanation for a "Cock Merchant"

edit: I thought your post was hyperbole, but I guess not:

quote:

In the book Moby-Dick by Herman Melville, it is mentioned that the size of the outer skin of the whale's penis is such that it could function as a floor-length protective apron while skinning the dead whale

edit: what other things can you make out of cock meat!?!?

kcroy fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 4, 2016

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

FreudianSlippers posted:

Sansa is going to be the one sitting on the throne by the end of this.

Certainly plenty of foreshadowing for that. The question for me would be, would she end up bitter / calculating / self-centered, or actually begin to show some of Ned's honor and concern for the kingdom. Sort of like Varys vs Little Finger. I think she might very well end up back with Tyrion. There would be a nice symmetry to their match.

Mr. Soul posted:

They have greenhouses, Jon wishes he had some in dance. I have no idea if that would work in a apocalyptic winter but ramsay probably smashed them all anyways.

That felt like GRRM trying to retcon how peeps survive winter. I can't imagine every loving peasant and village having loving greenhouses to survive.

Solice Kirsk posted:

So I need a new avatar and my Wild Cards tag back. Any suggestions?

Tim Burns Effect posted:

av sized for anyone who wants it

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Winterfell is the only place that had greenhouses that we know of and Ramsay smashed them. Jon thinks about building a few for the watch with the money he gets from the iron bank but that's as far as it goes.

Gravity Cant Apple
Jun 25, 2011

guys its just like if you had an apple with a straw n you poked the apple though wit it n a pebbl hadnt dropped through itd stop straw insid the apple because gravity cant apple
Ian McShane basically confirming Cleganebowl

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p03ld46z?platform=hootsuite

quote:

The Deadwood star told BBC Radio 5 live he will play a "former warrior who has renounced violence and now leads a peace cult".

"Also, I have nursed a loved character, a much loved character back to life," added the 73-year-old.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Weren't the greenhouses mentioned in the very first book? I don't see how they could possibly be a retcon. I felt like GRRM was trying to make each of the seven (or eight or whatever) main castles in the world really interesting and unique, and the main thing Winterfell had going for it was it was built on natural hot springs, with pipes running through the walls heating some of the rooms, and making something like heated greenhouses possible. Jon's an idiot if he thinks he can just arrange some glass and do the same thing at the wall.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Funny to see complaints about the implausibility of a Gurm novel on the same page as a photo of China Mieville.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Winterfell is the only place that had greenhouses that we know of and Ramsay smashed them. Jon thinks about building a few for the watch with the money he gets from the iron bank but that's as far as it goes.

oh ok.. yeah I guess that makes sense then.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

well or at least that The Hound will play a significant role... that he doesn't get to just chill the gently caress out in his new monastic lifestyle.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
When I heard Ian McShane was cast, I was really hoping he'd be Euron. Got that magic horn in an amazing antiques deal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I love McShane, but he's waaaaaay too old to be Euron.I would have liked Ray Stevenson to be Euron, but I'm perfectly fine with him being Black Beard on Black Sils so no big loss there.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Like 98% of my Ian McShane exposure is Lovejoy, he has never changed in my mind.

God I wish they did a crossover episode with Highlander.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

mossyfisk posted:

Like 98% of my Ian McShane exposure is Lovejoy, he has never changed in my mind.

God I wish they did a crossover episode with Highlander.

Let the Al Swearengen wash over you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrtP8MdrE8

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

MrSlam posted:

Let the Al Swearengen wash over you
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otrtP8MdrE8

If your first thought with Ian McShane isn't Deadwood, you need to watch Deadwood.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If your first thought with Ian McShane isn't Deadwood, you need to watch Deadwood.

100% of my exposure to McShane is the movie masterpiece that is Hot Rod.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TommyGun85 posted:

Ultimate Punch!

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

If you don't have time for Deadwood, at least watch Sexy Beast.

Also, Ray Stevenson is a total Victarion, not a Euron!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

It's going to be Cat, isn't it? :smith:

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

TommyGun85 posted:

This might have been the very last time I ever went to see in a movie in a theatre without knowing a thing about it (me and my high school buddies just showed up and went "uhhhhhh......that one") and goddamn did we stumble on to something great.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Evil Fluffy posted:

It's going to be Cat, isn't it? :smith:

The link in the spoilers thread makes me think it will be Cat.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

counterfeitsaint posted:

The link in the spoilers thread makes me think it will be Cat.

Can you link to that link or that thread?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Krinkle posted:

Can you link to that link or that thread?

Collection of GOT S6 spoilers
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13m92zm2jETuKlKNj7KVMFtO-Bmwj2HQR7N6y_wBoRWM/edit

I just skimmed like half of it, but two of the items are:

- Flynn (Ricky Champ) is an outlaw, part of a band using religion to justify extorting the people of the countryside

- a character played by Ian McShane interacts with the band; minimal screen time but “key importance”

uncivil mittens
Nov 1, 2010
Fun Shoe

counterfeitsaint posted:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/13m92zm2jETuKlKNj7KVMFtO-Bmwj2HQR7N6y_wBoRWM/edit

- Flynn (Ricky Champ) is an outlaw, part of a band using religion to justify extorting the people of the countryside

- a character played by Ian McShane interacts with the band; minimal screen time but “key importance”

The idea that knowing a location shoot includes 'a “walled facade” with “doors and windows” in a plaza, along with a catapult' is a spoiler greatly annoys me for some reason. McShane is the tits though. Has he ever not looked like a grizzled old man?

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I for one am doubling down on this Cleganebowl thing, GET HYPE not actually watching this season because lol.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

counterfeitsaint posted:

I giggle like a fourth grader whenever I see Peniscola listed as a filming location.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AtAt-de-fay posted:

I giggle like a fourth grader whenever I see Peniscola listed as a filming location.

I prefer Cherry Penis Cola.

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.

CaptainRightful posted:

If you don't have time for Deadwood, at least watch Sexy Beast.

Also, Ray Stevenson is a total Victarion, not a Euron!

Yeah. Mads Mikkelsen was born to play Euron, though

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

TommyGun85 posted:

He's decent in Pirates 4. The rest of the movie? ehhhh

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

On the tangent of perfect casting: I recently read my first Terry Pratchett novel and could not imagine the Patrician as anyone other than Charles Dance. Later, I looked up whether any movies or TV series had been made of any Pratchett novels and sure enough Charles Dance played the Patrician.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

CaptainRightful posted:

On the tangent of perfect casting: I recently read my first Terry Pratchett novel and could not imagine the Patrician as anyone other than Charles Dance. Later, I looked up whether any movies or TV series had been made of any Pratchett novels and sure enough Charles Dance played the Patrician.

Going Postal was super good.

I would have liked him to field strip a stag while he was talking with Teatime but that might have been a bit much.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

TommyGun85 posted:

My first and best exposure to him was in Kings, that NBC show you didn't watch but was really good that one summer 10 years ago. It had Micaulay Culkin being the creepiest loving pervo miniGurm ever and you really missed out.

He was fine in what I bothered with of Deadwood but I don't really like most westerns that don't have space ships or John Marston.

Mike N Eich
Jan 27, 2007

This might just be the year
A scene with Arya and Walder Frey huh? Well now we know who she's gonna be sent to kill.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Solice Kirsk posted:

Didn't we go over this already?

hey, Instead of lemoncake for the Season premier, think this is a good alternative?

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
:barf:
The Hurgin sounds like the name of a Wildling warlord and looks like it could kill just as many people

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

kcroy posted:

hey, Instead of lemoncake for the Season premier, think this is a good alternative?

"Hurgin" is an accurate description of the sound I made when I saw that picture. :stonk:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Toss that bad boy into a casserole pan and cover with mashed potatoes and cheese and you got yourself a terrific midwestern hotdish!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Preview for new season is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CuH3tJPiP-U

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

don't feel like watching that, does "red band" mean there's titty?

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Tim Burns Effect posted:

don't feel like watching that, does "red band" mean there's titty?

no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Someone wielding 2 swords at the Tower of Joy--presumably one of the dudes who wasn't the Sword of the Morning?

Also, Dany back with the Dothraki is gonna be so boring and dumb.