Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Cool mcl tear that's fine.

He's got another one, just tape it up and send him back out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Segs broke his arm. Did a witch curse Penrith.

I was so close to buying him in fantasy...

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
DWZ grabbed papalli on the balls lol. What a game rugby league is.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Canberra win literally because Penrith can't tackle or stop themselves doing the ball on every occasion.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
I'll take it tbh. The worst possible conditions for the raiders. Good to start with a win.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah, the raiders will be happy with that - they made a bucketload of mistakes and got home nicely. When you can win when you play poorly that's a great sign of mental toughness.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Pretty uncoordinated start to the game.

Forgot to mention and I'm not sure if everyone knows yet, but anyone with a Telstra mobile gets a free NRL (or AFL) digital pass so they can watch all games live on their phones or similar devices. Just call #820# from your phone and it'll SMS you links that you can use to activate your pass (note that you can only activate one of them so choose wisely). Tested and it works well :)

Once you've done the activation just log into the app and you're set.

I'm not with the evil empire so if anyone has a spare free pass I'd be really grateful.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
We all ready to get retarded?

edit: :lol: what a ridiculous first 90 seconds

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Mar 5, 2016

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Way to make that penalty count guys

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Retarded on cue.

Tigers give up a holding penalty on tackle one. Warriors don't get the kick out. Tigers get a penalty one play later. Tigers get tackled out of play knee tackle later.

I get another beer from the fridge.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Jesus Christ what is happening in this game

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dat edge defence as good as ever :ughh:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

This game is full of terrible play from everyone

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Dunno why I even watch this dumb sport

edit: BREAKING NEWS - Andrew McFadden sacked after 19 minutes of the season

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

This loss is going to be horrific when we capitulate

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

This loss is going to be horrific when we capitulate

Agreed

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Ben Henry looks very hosed. At the "pulling grass out in pain" stage.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I started typing "Vodafone Warriors", and autocorrect suggested "vodka".

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

iajanus posted:

Jesus Christ what is happening in this game

The Warriors always get hosed like a dog around Mitchell Pearce in the opening round.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

gently caress this poo poo can I really put up with another season of this garbage?

edit: Tigers haven't even played well imo it's just the putridness of the Warriors

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 5, 2016

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Feels like ... hope?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As we started that move I was telling at the TV for the players to stop throwing passes on our own line with a minute to go and up by three tries.

Then I was screaming at Simona to just run instead of stopping in midfield.

Glad they listened one time.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Biggest ever half time lead for the Tigers at Campbelltown, I'm told.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

All I want is no injuries and a sensible half of football. I'll take a 28-20 win. The win and the season is what matters.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Second half, same as the first.

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Ok, that dummy half thing is bullshit.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Gorbash posted:

Ok, that dummy half thing is bullshit.

I think if he just picks it up it's fine but diving on it has been a penalty for years.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Every single point the warriors have is from a retarded tigers mistake

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

lol

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer

Gorbash posted:

Feels like ... hope?

Not hope, resignation.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Two bad terrible teams

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Uh that's a terrible call

edit: doesn't really matter and we were horrifically bad anyway but no way that was backwards

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Mar 5, 2016

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
I love the bunker.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Gorbash posted:

Not hope, resignation.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

I love the bunker.

I'm not sure if we didn't have an accidental offside after the warriors knock on, but I'll take the win.

At least Taylor has something to ream then with at training.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

As predicted, poo poo embarrassing loss to a terrible Tigers team. We basically always lose our first 3 anyway but even so what a disappointing effort. Mannering & Thompson were good but that's about it. Hopeless in all facets, what the gently caress were we doing all offseason?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Is it me though or has mannering lost a bit of pace. Mind you the whole team was a bit slow for most of that.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Is it me though or has mannering lost a bit of pace. Mind you the whole team was a bit slow for most of that.

Yeah he was chugging along on that Kata try but to be fair it was a zillion degrees and he played the whole 80 while being one of the few Warriors who actually tried today.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Smorgasbord posted:

Yeah he was chugging along on that Kata try but to be fair it was a zillion degrees and he played the whole 80 while being one of the few Warriors who actually tried today.

True, the heat would have shagged him.

Also much thanks to Iajanus with his tip for the free season pass. Will come in handy when onsite over west.

MiniSune fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Mar 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

True, the heat would have shagged him.

Also much thanks to Iajanus with his tip for the free season pass. Will come in handy when onsite over west.

NP, my wife travels a shitload for work so that was my motive for finding it out.

• Locked thread