Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'm pretty happy with that tigers performance. With a patched together side we put on 28 in a half, and literally only let any points in through stupid passes or mistakes from the other end of the field. If Taylor can iron out the dumb penalties and passes when they're not needed we might actually challenge for the eight.

The warriors, though. Wow. That was about as garbage a game as I've ever seen. You wonder if they'll take a bad lesson from their comeback and not learn from their horrific mistakes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Brooks may have a battle on his hands coming back, because his replacement was awesome.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Mannering with a 73 on fantasy what a ripper

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Brooks may have a battle on his hands coming back, because his replacement was awesome.

I'd say that if he hadn't looked like a million dollars when he came on in the trial against the sharks.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

As predicted, poo poo embarrassing loss to a terrible Tigers team. We basically always lose our first 3 anyway but even so what a disappointing effort. Mannering & Thompson were good but that's about it. Hopeless in all facets, what the gently caress were we doing all offseason?

Yeah. What the gently caress? Edge defence was a priority, and people were talking up Justin Morgan, and we looked just as bad as last year. McFadden can gently caress off now.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Sharks do a Warriors and battle back. Only to blow it.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The raiders will probably be without sezer and austin next week. Rugby league....it sucks

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

The raiders will probably be without sezer and austin next week. Rugby league....it sucks

Now we're getting back to the normal level of BDC anger. Was getting a bit confused by all that positivity.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
It really is the shittest sport though when you follow a perennially garbage team like most of us here.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Id be locked in an insane asylum if i supported the warriors. At least the raiders suck because they are garbage. The most angry ive ever posted was in years where i had high expectations. Id be out the front of warriors hq with a big sign saying McFadden out if i were a kiwi

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

On ya sarfs

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

BCR posted:

On ya sarfs

Watching the v8's live instead of the league but lol @ Roosters.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol at the cunts.

Spent the afternoon getting drunk at Wynnum-Manly watching the seagulls. Sadly we lost, but cheap drinks and merchandise made it a memorable afternoon.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Adam Reynolds broke his jaw too, so tough times ahead for Souths despite the win :getin:

edit: and it looks like Sutton might've torn his pec

Smorgasbord fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 6, 2016

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A great result for everyone who doesn't like the central Sydney teams.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Knight's white shorts/coloured jersey combo is atrocious.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Knight's white shorts/coloured jersey combo is atrocious.

Agreed. I also am triggered by the mismatched stripes on the sleeves and body.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

iajanus posted:

Agreed. I also am triggered by the mismatched stripes on the sleeves and body.

:barf: Go Titans I suppose

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
blah

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Surprisingly entertaining game.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Knights have no attack at all

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Taylors kicking gives me a boner, can't be too hard on Feeney for dropping a missile like that

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Knights really look like they want the wooden spoon in current form.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Lol the knights look so bad at the moment. They really look like the worst team in the comp right now by a large margin.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

iajanus posted:

Lol the knights look so bad at the moment. They really look like the worst team in the comp right now by a large margin.

Yeah I was gonna say the Titans look much stronger than I expected but it's hard to tell against the Knights

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we can only get better, pissing down rain with 5 debuts doesn't help/tell you much

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The Knights just have no ability to hold the ball or mark up in defence. The weather hasn't helped, but they've been so terrible I'm concerned what they'd look like in the dry.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

As if on cue they drop it again trying to play the ball.

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Starting with the youngest team ever with GIDS nowhere with his eckies can't help

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
WOW the Roosters shat the bed on that. However, they always lose badly to Souths in the opening round, and meanwhile Souths got two big injuries out of it for their trouble.

But seriously they really looked poo poo, and to be honest, basically everyone did this weekend.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Hey, if you only look at the first 45 minutes and the last ten of our game we looked like we're going to win the whole thing (please ignore the other 25 minutes where we completely shat the bed).

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I did only watch the first 45 minutes of Tigers-Warriors, before I passed out on my couch

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Apollodorus posted:

I did only watch the first 45 minutes of Tigers-Warriors, before I passed out on my couch

I knew at half time that the dream form we'd had in the first half would dissipate, and I was getting more and more drunk and angry as we set about torching our good start. Thank god that we remembered how to grind out the result, eventually. I was very impressed with the pressure of our defence, especially in the final section of the game - if we can get rid of the panic we showed in the first 30 minutes of the second half we'll finish a long way above our predicted wooden spoon.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...02dabff8b1f00f6

THE Canberra Raiders strong start to the new season has been dealt a double blow with halves Aidan Sezer and Blake Austin both ruled out for at least the next five weeks.

:shepicide:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Good to see the first round has been a warzone for lots of teams, at least.

Thinking
Jan 22, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...02dabff8b1f00f6

THE Canberra Raiders strong start to the new season has been dealt a double blow with halves Aidan Sezer and Blake Austin both ruled out for at least the next five weeks.

:shepicide:

I don't think you'll miss either of them as much as the Rabbitohs will miss Aeynolds

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Very impressed with round 1. All the good qld teams won and Manly were crushed. Will be at the Broncos v Warriors game on Friday. Expecting a big win for the horses.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Yeah I can't see anything less than a cricket score in that one.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

iajanus posted:

Yeah I can't see anything less than a cricket score in that one.

I dunno, the Warriors will be stinging from their last game and wanting to make amends. And if their forwards can bully our smaller pack Luke Johnson and Sheck can really take advantage of it, Sheck in particular I think carved us up last year.

So hopefully they want Cappy gone and play like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Even with all the ref calls, Melbourne only beat Saints by 2.

I can't wait for robo-ref.

• Locked thread