Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY NEW THREAD!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

is that a double banana

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

RareAcumen posted:

is that a double banana

It's a squash banan

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

School lunch chicken tortilla soup lookin good!

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

I think this is giving me school lunch PTSD. I can taste that chicken thing, I think they called it chicken a la king, the sauce is kind of bland and the chicken is oddly dry as hell despite being cooked in liquid.

I didn't remember this until this very second and now I remember it vividly and I am not at all pleased by this.

RainbowCake
Apr 1, 2010

Refurbished cats may have scratches, dents or other forms of cosmetic damage which do not affect the performance of the unit.

Breakfast!

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

thorax spotted

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

13Pandora13 posted:

I think this is giving me school lunch PTSD. I can taste that chicken thing, I think they called it chicken a la king, the sauce is kind of bland and the chicken is oddly dry as hell despite being cooked in liquid.

I didn't remember this until this very second and now I remember it vividly and I am not at all pleased by this.

Overcooked meat with still dry out even if it's completely immersed in liquid from the word go. It's one of those things that people who are just starting out cooking learn really quickly.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

imma post my fav burgers again

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

imma post my fav burgers again

Don't even have a clue what most of that is, but, being my carnivorous self, I feel pretty comfortable with saying "would" pretty much all the way across the board.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Somehow they look like cobras that have fangs coming out of their eyes. Kind of unnerving.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Sure, I'll have the broiled spawn of Kos.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Sure, I'll have the broiled spawn of Kos.

Oh come on, Kos' spawn looks nothing like that, boiled or otherwise.

...And in thinking about it, I'm not going to be GISing or posting what AFP would look like it, because I think that's going too far.

HOLY FUCK
Mar 31, 2007

Cats are terrifying, everyone knows that! 'Cause they're witches! And they've got knives in their feet!

cyberia posted:

So there's this restaurant in Shoreditch called Clove Club that, for some inscrubtable reason, serves their fried chicken in a basket full of pine needles:

This is some obnoxiously Nathan Barley poo poo right here, did you have to scan your finger to order?

"egg and fish". why even bother living.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Samizdata posted:

Don't even have a clue what most of that is, but, being my carnivorous self, I feel pretty comfortable with saying "would" pretty much all the way across the board.

the first picture includes eating Patrick Starfish and Spongebob you monster

rndmnmbr
Jul 3, 2012

Obligatory balut photos.

And the patron saint of AFP, the LA Beast, weighs in on the topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsFc3ZVPNHI

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Godspeed LA Beast, you wonderful man.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Godspeed LA Beast, you wonderful man.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4KPWOUkbw8

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
To bring back a topic from the last thread, can someone give me a quick explanation of how people don't get sick eating steak tartar? I always thought raw beef/egg would be a guaranteed trip to salmonella/e.coli town, or did my head just get filled with old wives tales when I was younger?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

To bring back a topic from the last thread, can someone give me a quick explanation of how people don't get sick eating steak tartar? I always thought raw beef/egg would be a guaranteed trip to salmonella/e.coli town, or did my head just get filled with old wives tales when I was younger?

Most places that serve it have butchers on hand or have access to fresh beef from a quality farm. If you were getting it from a factory farm then yeah that would be a concern because of the generally gross conditions but there's no inherent risk in eating raw beef that's been well kept/prepared

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zipperelli. posted:

Certain undercooked or raw foods make a good breeding ground for bacteria but they don't inherently contain anything dangerous and if handled, stored and prepared correctly they won't make you sick. You can get chicken sashimi in Japan.

*edit* see above

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
You can even eat raw pork, the supposed most lethal of substances if some people are to be believed, without a worry, as long as you can trust the seller

Really the revulsion over raw stuff has more to do with cultural differences than with health hazards these days.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I posted this in the last thread, here's an uncanny flourless carrot cake.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Land Fish posted:

Fixed that for you. One is from Canada, the one with the whole pizza and smaller bloody in the garnish is actually someone's art project, the rest can all be ordered in WI, Milwaukee area usually. They cost $20-$30.

If you ever see anything worthy of this thread involving alcohol, assume it's from Wisconsin. We have... a problem.

Oh no, I'm aware that those are technically Bloody Marys, but they've mutated evolved into some new, more savage entity. Didn't know that it was endemic to Wisconsin though, thanks.

To contribute... I'm pretty sure I found it in the last thread, but for vintage AFP go no further than the '70s Food Party on twitter; utterly revolting food, married to a time when unleashing a full thermonuclear arsenal on our society honestly would have been totally justified:

With retweets of other spooky stuff from the era

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass

Plaisirs canins sur gaufre arrosés de coulis naturel

http://i.imgur.com/apIwXyWm.jpg :nws:
Salade pour dames

Sandwich Oh Mon Dieu, avec supplément porcin
(This one comes with a free beer if you finish your plate, Le Falstaff, Montparnasse, Paris, try it)

LINK NWS PICTURES, DON'T PUT THEM BEHIND SPOILER TAGS

Somebody has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Mar 6, 2016

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

My husband hadn't seen this before and as I was describing it he stopped me and said "no, you ruined it, you went too far". I pointed out the smaller bloody mary and he laughed for a full minute.

Also I'm a terrible Wisconsinite; I waited until 10am to crack my first beer on a Saturday. Gotta get to brunch so I can get a bloody and do some shots of rye.

czg
Dec 17, 2005
hi

This was at Noma last year. After we ate the duck fillets wrapped in cabbage leafs, they took out the carcass and brought it back all cut up so we could eats the giblets and other bits. (Throat, legs...) Wish I got a pic of the bisected head that you could scoop out the brain of and slurp up. It was delicious.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I love the extra tureen of sloppy goo on the side. "Wow, Helen, this mushy pink barf is simply divine. May I please have another giant plop of whatever cheesy sad garbage that is? Thank you ever so much."

cash crab has a new favorite as of 19:41 on Mar 6, 2016

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Pyrotoad posted:

I posted this in the last thread, here's an uncanny flourless carrot cake.

I love this one because it's an incredible amount of effort and prowess that goes into making something super gross looking.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

cash crab posted:

I love the extra tureen of sloppy goo on the side. "Wow, Helen, this mushy pink barf is simply divine. May I please have another giant plop of whatever cheesy sad garbage that is? Thank you ever so much."

What even am I looking at?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Has cash crab eaten one of these yet? I did it for y'all.
The soggy cheetos were like eating a crunchwrap interspersed with packing peanuts. :(

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

subpar anachronism posted:

The soggy cheetos were like eating a crunchwrap interspersed with packing peanuts. :(

Oh hey you reminded me of these, thanks!

http://www.lard.net/packing.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

subpar anachronism posted:

:allears: I like that you got the fries, too. And yes, that looks very soggy and sad.

I am very about this.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Haha, my husband and I split a combo (beef and cheddar for me, supreme for him) so he could satisfy his curiosity too but wouldn't let me take pictures of his, the spoilsport. He ate the fries, I ate the donut masquerading as a churro.

e: I ate that atrocity in a dank basement foodcourt, as it was meant to be consumed

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

canadian taco bell has fries???????

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
I had a Chicken Wannaburger the other day that would have fit in perfectly here. Greasy meat with a limp leaf of some lettuce and two wet slices of tomato. The cajun fries were good though. I don't like any of you enough to repeat the order for a trip report though, sorry (also I'm poor right now).

GIANT OUIJA BOARD
Aug 22, 2011

177 Years of Your Dick
All
Night
Non
Stop

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Something looks off about the texture but I'm not sure if it's because they've been sitting out and getting warm for too long or because I'm used to serving them at parties instead of looking at them through binoculars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly
Aug 26, 2000

Number one on the ice, number one in my heart
Fun Shoe

Have and would do again.