Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Apr 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivJUyHiinKE

Some 'new' bugs maybe?

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Jason Sextro posted:

If they have nothing to show, I'm not sure there's enough for people to touch in order for it to get worse. This is amazing.

Hiding behind "NO SPOILERZ LOL" is pretty loving weak. There has to be some generic poo poo they could show - walking down a hallway, some generic dogfighting, I'm sure someone's climbing a ladder - their refusal is amazingly transparent. The only conclusion is the one everyone ITT has reached - there is nothing to show. Amazing.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
@eightace any gossip from Bar Citizen UK?.. Erin getting drunk and buying everyone drinks?..

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

peter gabriel posted:

Patch 2.2 - Everything is perfect now, and I mean perfect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9phH8Jf78M

I think you'll find that this shows how CIG are integrating the best parts of recent popular games.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6398554/#Comment_6398554

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6431629/#Comment_6431629

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Actually I can think of another reason they're not showing SQ42 - it loving sucks. And Chris is using the same reasoning that he's using for the PTU - with enough effort thrown at it, it will somehow magically morph from a completely poo poo game to a fantastic game. Because that's how development works - you create poo poo, open studios around the world, throw 100 million at it, and then suddenly the poo poo turns to gold.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

EightAce posted:

. SQ42 will not be a good game even if part of it is released at some point.
They just have more money than people think, so wages will be paid and mo cap endlessley 're shot for a while yet.

SQ42 is fundamentally poo poo. It's a poo poo movie , hybrid with a poo poo game with poo poo tech, poo poo lore and a poo poo script

Assuming this is true because they found some idiot bank to loan them a gently caress load of money, once the true scam is revealed the big financial backers will start asking for their money back I bet

So I guess they'll have to return the limited edition porsche and sell the mansion

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

For all those saying I'm full of poo poo I hope you just saw that with your own eyes.
- SQ42 is not coming out in 2016 and there is nothing showable.
- it is now doubtful that SQ42 will see 2017 although internally q4 2017 is optimistically if not tentatively spoken of.
- SQ42 is ALL interactive fmv with the odd dog fight/basic flight mission.
- everything is all about SQ42: end

I want to believe. You've just posted some weird contradictory stuff lately. Also whats up with the G0rf connection?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

EightAce tell us about our romantic interests and you're off the hook forever.

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:

EightAce posted:

Beautiful! Beautiful!

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

"I have programmed a truly marvelous video game, which this reality is too narrow to contain." – Chris Roberts

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Apr 8, 2016

Wrecked Angle
May 12, 2012

"JURASSIC PARK!"
Time for a quick scan over the Star Citizen checklist?

Nearly too close to the truth for comfort.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
^^^ not sure what that is from (7?) But if "BDSSGE" or whatever doesn't cover pride, Sandy's Twitter pics/tweets sure do.

Scruffpuff posted:

But in each case, including your example, seeing yourself gives good gameplay feedback, and is worked into the game well. In Star Citizen, the animations stop you dead in your tracks and leave you with nothing to do but wait. It doesn't inform or improve the gameplay, but interrupts it. Chris Roberts is really doing everything he can to ignore every lesson learned by game developers over the last decade or so (including how and when to use these types of animations) in favor of what he imagined them to be back in the 90s. Every time I've logged into the game, it's like a gaming time machine. Each thing I see in the game (animations taking control away, head bob, motion blur) makes me think, "Oh yeah, I remember this - and I remember when they finally stopped loving doing it. And here it is - back, and sucking more than ever."

That there is the problem He is not ignoring anything. He never learned in the first place. He was so busy making movies he never bothered to check what is going on in the game world. And neither did his most ardent defenders among the cultists. They live in a land made up of memories of gaming past.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Mar 5, 2016

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

Don't need EightAce for that - we're all going to die alone.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Thirsty Dog posted:

Don't need EightAce for that - we're all going to die alone.

I didn't pay $2500 to die alone.

boethius
Jul 10, 2001

Space bunnies have three ears

Dusty Lens posted:

I'd like to be able to romance my ship.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

Dusty Lens posted:

maybe you can get an NPC anime sister who wears nothing but panties and a tank top to be your friend :)

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Dusty Lens posted:

I see sickening and painful truths in your future .......He will cheat on you

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Dusty Lens posted:

That gets you about a weekend of company, then you can kill yourself.

Still more entertainment than playing SQ42.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

EightAce posted:

I see sickening and painful truths in your future .......He will cheat on you

:siren:Gay romancing confirmed ITT. :siren:

I bet the cultists would loose their poo poo, plus probably somebody else who is allegedly a big fan of minorities. Mass Effect scandal all over again.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

I think I know who Gorf is but won't go public about it as that's not on.
If he's who I think he is he has done business with some of these characters before. I could well be wrong here and if so apologies to Gorf.But I'm talking a long time ago

I havnt been contradictory just vague sometimes, this is for obvious reasons.

People have the right to be sceptical and that's fine. I can tell you some things, some things I simply have to stay silent about and other things I don't know. Someone earlier asked if Erin was in a bar buying everyone drinks : I have no idea I'm not there. Knowing Erin that is most likely true though.

I understand the need to be vague, but things like saying Ben must be respected and obeyed but F42 is using :lesnick: internally.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

The lead on G0rf has satisfied my curiosity. Stay safe developer ghost.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

TTerrible posted:

I understand the need to be vague, but things like saying Ben must be respected and obeyed but F42 is using :lesnick: internally.

I WANT TO BELIEVE.

The lead on G0rf has satisfied my curiosity. Stay safe developer ghost.

I assumed he meant Ben is paid lip service but mocked behind his back because that's usually how it goes when a company contains an Important Retard like someone's nephew or something.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Haskell9 posted:

I assumed he meant Ben is paid lip service but mocked behind his back because that's usually how it goes when a company contains an Important Retard like someone's nephew or something.

That is exactley what I meant.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6431994/#Comment_6431994

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6433935/#Comment_6433935

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6436128/#Comment_6436128

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
hey Beet Wagon

why did your SC video have so much motion blur? Is everyone else turning it off or is it a performance thing?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Madcosby posted:

did CIG announce a sq42 release date?

Not since CitCon. So on or before December 31, 2016.

This should help: https://countingdownto.com/countdown/squadron-42-episode-i-countdown-clock

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

For what it's worth (which isn't much), I believe EightAce, and it's fully understandable why he's being vague about certain things.

Please keep posing EightAce. I love your insights :)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

EightAce posted:

Ok I misunderstood that.

Don't stop posting. :ohno:

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

This guy is the ultimate CIG apologist. CIG could say the game is cancelled tomorrow and he'd probably be the first to thank Chris for making an effort.

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

What's with his nostrils?
I'm scared.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

EightAce posted:

Was the Khartu chair thing a result of him being inept, or are they actively sabotaging him now?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

orcinus posted:

I'm scared.

They're full of fidelity.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

orcinus posted:

I'm scared.

He got stuck in a failed quantum travel so now his face is perma-strecthed out.

paarp

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

EightAce posted:

For all those saying I'm full of poo poo I hope you just saw that with your own eyes.
- SQ42 is not coming out in 2016 and there is nothing showable.
- it is now doubtful that SQ42 will see 2017 although internally q4 2017 is optimistically if not tentatively spoken of.
- everything is all about SQ42: end

SQ42 is going to be a terrible nongame, and Roberts is so bad at management that the only way the terrible non-game takes less than 18 more months to finish is to focus on it to the exclusion of everything else they've promised.

Star Citizen.

How are the hired linguists doing with the 4 full alien languages?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sushi in Yiddish posted:

I remember when the loose consensus in this thread was "well the PU is gonna be a raging trash fire but surely Erin Roberts would be able to get SOMETHING out for Squad42 (the reason for the entire fuckin' endeavour) in 2014 2015 2016"

the best delusion

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Oh wow, that looks pretty cool. I wonder if they edited it at all? Well maybe a bit...

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I Greyhound posted:

How are the hired linguists doing with the 4 full alien languages?
They're still trying to decipher Chris' weird hybrid accent.

Another 6 months they might know what he's trying to tell them, give them time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Hey guys, just wrapped up a quick first pass at the Oh-Man-Ski bird cannon. My man is workin' on sounds for it now. We'll get you a more complete demo in the weekly dev update (monday).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vun4kswvMRY

• Locked thread