Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Fuckin' :owned:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

Hello, my name is Peter. I'm so impressed by the fact that I look like Pinocchio's dad that I made it my avatar. I am a genius who can speak definitively about game mechanics that don't exist. Have I mentioned that I'm exceptionally intelligent (more than you)? Deep thoughts all day that's me. Have I scared your bejeezus into escaping yet if not I can go on if need be.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Haha the S42 event is hilarious. Some notes:

- fans are most important developers. They release something, gauge reaction and then change it based on fan feedback. Lol

- they keep saying the game is story focused. Remember that when they complain it's a big cutscene with little skirmishes and they'll say "we told you it's story focused". It building the lore for PTU!

:rollseyes:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
So me and the guys got together in game last night, here is a screenshot - just an off the cuff thing, no biggie

dodecahardon
Oct 20, 2008

:iceburn:

"In space, no one can hear you leave"

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

peter gabriel posted:

So me and the guys got together in game last night, here is a screenshot - just an off the cuff thing, no biggie

such fidelity :pcgaming:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

peter gabriel posted:

Star Citizen 2 confirmed.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

In space, no one can hear you wheeze.

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
Think I found the 2.2 mocap session

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Beet Wagon posted:

I wonder how many months it took to model 'Outlaw Codpiece #3"

heh heh

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I have added a subscribe icon and note at the end of my latest vid, can someone have a look and let me know if it is OK?
I would like more subs but don't want to be all CLICK HERE NOW about it.
Thanks!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

No mountainous pile of cocaine

2/10

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Haskell9 posted:

Hello, my name is Peter. I'm so impressed by the fact that I look like Pinocchio's dad that I made it my avatar. I am a genius who can speak definitively about game mechanics that don't exist. Have I mentioned that I'm exceptionally intelligent (more than you)? Deep thoughts all day that's me. Have I scared your bejeezus into escaping yet if not I can go on if need be.

You missed a trick: He looks like Gibbs - the fascist of NCIS fame... that's his real hero I reckon

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

Variable 5 posted:

No mountainous pile of cocaine

2/10

hmm, you are correct. Revised jpeg incoming. Two weeks, etc etc

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

peter gabriel posted:

:perfect:

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

I have added a subscribe icon and note at the end of my latest vid, can someone have a look and let me know if it is OK?
Thanks!

Works for me commando

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks!

It's more functional than the subject matter of the video.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks!

You used to be about the art.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

A fidelicious example of Tae Kwon Don't

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dusty Lens posted:

You used to be about the art.

I look at IIN and it annoys me, I cannot lie

Galarox
Sep 23, 2015

Fun Shoe

With cocaine. Immerse that!

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks!

So this subscription. How much per video are we talking? And what is your stance on delivery dates? What subscriber-exclusive content will there be? Is it going to be P4P(arp)?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hopper posted:

So this subscription. How much per video are we talking? And what is your stance on delivery dates? What subscriber-exclusive content will there be? Is it going to be P4P(arp)?

I am charging per frame, so it will be a lot but well worth it because at the end of it all you are left with nothing which is becoming industry standard

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Rad. I always dreamed of participating at the forefront of the industry as an investor. Consider yourself subscribed...

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

peter gabriel posted:

nothing which is becoming industry standard

:agreed:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Hopper posted:

Rad. I always dreamed of participating at the forefront of the industry as an investor. Consider yourself subscribed...

Thank you o9

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Galarox posted:

With cocaine. Immerse that!

I give it five out of five garys

:gary::gary::gary::gary::gary:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:gary:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I want to live there

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

EightAce posted:

For all those saying I'm full of poo poo I hope you just saw that with your own eyes.
- SQ42 is not coming out in 2016 and there is nothing showable.
- it is now doubtful that SQ42 will see 2017 although internally q4 2017 is optimistically if not tentatively spoken of.
- SQ42 is ALL interactive fmv with the odd dog fight/basic flight mission.
- everything is all about SQ42: end

This is really so dire and disastrous, that I am even starting to doubt you are real... need to keep a bit of hope in there for the cult, man, so it is more believable.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

peter gabriel posted:

I want to live there

I used to regularly play at a venue in Helsingborg just next door. I was so close to Paarp without realising it :(

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Mar 6, 2016

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

peter gabriel posted:

Thanks!

I'd have to unsubscribe before resubscribing and I don't want to lose my Early Backer status or the bonuses that go with it

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

peter gabriel posted:

:lol: :yarg:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man I can't wait until Chris has to give Star Citizen the "Old Yeller" treatment. It's gonna be amazing.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

peter gabriel posted:

I look at IIN and it annoys me, I cannot lie

Well your views per video are already higher.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
In other news, if you like video games being developed, mine's coming along nicely.

Not the best animation, but it was made with a kinect and a bit of spare software. $200. Certainly good enough to have an animator clean up afterwards.

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

They made a big mistake by releasing anything at all. The more they release, the further they get from the DREAMS! that turned the project into a nerd money goldmine.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

"The captain says everything is going swimmingly here on board the Hindenburg! Yes, 1937 truly will be a banner year for zeppelin travel!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Well your views per video are already higher.

Yeah, still boggles my mind thinking over 70% of their subscribers don't bother even looking at their vids :lol:

• Locked thread