Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I won that game handily as Ak even though I poo poo the laning phase, then went 0/5 as Nidalee :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Lady Naga posted:

I won that game handily as Ak even though I poo poo the laning phase, then went 0/5 as Nidalee :cripes:
Nidalee isn't as easy to play as she used to be. There's auto-reset mechanics, the hunt mechanics, you've got to learn when to weave your different forms in for maximum damage. If you're looking for champions that just spit out a bunch of long-range damage, there's Karma, Corki, Ezreal, Jayce, and Xareth that are a little easier to play.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I should've just played Udyr but I'm like "nah Nidalee seems interesting let me hop into a game with zero prior knowledge of how she works I'm sure it's easy."

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Other than accidentally knocking people away a lot, Gragas is a pretty fun jungler to learn right now. Get tanky, body fools.

Xin Zhao and Skarner are good aggressive all-in junglers too if that's what you're into. If you learn your playstyle you can start to build your champion pool around that.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I've yet to find a secondary role I really like. I loved playing mid in DOTA but for whatever reason I can't stand most AP casters in League. Jungle is something that's theoretically appealing to me as a shitter who'd rather farm a bunch and solo but the skill floor is much higher than most other lanes and I hate having to decide when to gank and when to farm. I used to really like support but it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find decent ADCs and I hate not being able to make the plays all by myself.

The free champ rotation this week sucks really bad too.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

I've yet to find a secondary role I really like. I loved playing mid in DOTA but for whatever reason I can't stand most AP casters in League. Jungle is something that's theoretically appealing to me as a shitter who'd rather farm a bunch and solo but the skill floor is much higher than most other lanes and I hate having to decide when to gank and when to farm. I used to really like support but it seems like it's getting harder and harder to find decent ADCs and I hate not being able to make the plays all by myself.

Play Trundle/Nautilus support and force feed your ADC kills, they're pretty easy to carry on from support right now, especially Nautilus who's probably waaaay over-tuned.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
I really wish they'd fuckin' stop making the really cheap/early ones free rotation champs but I understand why they do it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Lady Naga posted:

Support owns, try Leona, who's probably the most HAM playmaking champ in the game

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Support is frequently the primary engage and quite often you're the one who decides who wins the bot lane anyway, so if you are not MAKING THE PLAYS you have nobody to blame but yourself

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
By making the plays I mean boxing champs and winning.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Then play ADC

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
No!!!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Lady Naga posted:

I am contemplating playing Akali top is there anything I should do/know specifically with her?

akali top is great. don't play the tank build though because it's boring, just build AP and kill everyone. :)

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
RE: making Illaoi work, I think comps with strong zone control/seige that can aoe teamfight well can capitalize on her really nicely. Pairing her with stuff like Bard/Mummy for catch/keeping people in AOE works well, and forcing situations where the enemy team has to let you kite them through tentacle death fields to get to long range carries can be really brutal. I.e., set up at their tower or baron or whatever and played well you can force the issue. My most recent experience we built double ZZrot and just plopped everything in one lane to keep forcing fights and the enemy team kept having to fight in Illaoi hell.

Lady Naga posted:

By making the plays I mean boxing champs and winning.

Play AP supports, like Brand or Velkoz or Morg.

Or play #1 playmaker #1 champion #1 bully Bard. He can go tanky cdr and still do damage, he can go AS or on hit or AP and it won't be optimal but if you're ahead you can eat the enemy team alive. He's the best designed character in terms of aesthetics and how he feels to play: chill af.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Biowarfare posted:

not at all. one of my friends is learning how to code for the first time and wants to make something, so im helping him with it -- it's slow as poo poo and not production ready at all though

Let us know when it's out, it looks neat

Biowarfare posted:

as for general bot lane advice, do NOT do this

http://webm.land/media/j1QN.webm

This has to be in bronze
How are people this bad

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Luna Was Here posted:

This has to be in bronze
How are people this bad

poo poo boggles the mind but hey, one day long ago you probably did something as stupid as that--i know i have

TheAnomaly
Feb 20, 2003

RealFoxy posted:

Other than accidentally knocking people away a lot, Gragas is a pretty fun jungler to learn right now. Get tanky, body fools.

Xin Zhao and Skarner are good aggressive all-in junglers too if that's what you're into. If you learn your playstyle you can start to build your champion pool around that.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah. Don't learn jungle with these guys - if you're looking to jungle, Amumu. He's never been bad, his ganks are excellent, and he has a surprise party skin.

He's also a really solid baseline jungler, so he almost never sees nerfs/buffs, his clears are always good, an no one ever seems to ban him. While I'll agree that above junglers are currently good and kinda fun, they're also roller-coaster champs who often get nerfed into uselessness.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Speaking of being terrible and in bronze, could I ask for some critique?

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Leadout#2115323877
http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Leadout#2115249333

I think I kept my ADC suitably fed and watered in both, and did a fair amount of saving teammates from certain death later in the game, but I also screwed up a lot trying to save teammates from their own screwups and dying in the process. I'm also sure I'm screwing up in plenty of other ways that I'm not even aware of, so I come seeking enlightenment.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/494bu5/chinese_soloque_player_who_has_3200_kda_and_never/

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Lady Naga posted:

It seems like you really don't need a secondary role in lower Elo unless your primary role is Mid

e: did not quote

stump collector
May 28, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaPiPQ03OQ4

tank leblanc in a high elo game

lmao

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
http://imgur.com/1dX27oF

In this game I had Darius complain on about 15 occasions that I wasn't using my Sightstone. But this isn't about me actually placing almost 1.5x the wards as the enemy support, or about Darius getting 154 CS in a nearly 40 minute long game, or about the horrible jungler I had. No, this is a story of a Lucian.

I noticed early he literally would never help me ward bushes to win trades and such. What I did not notice is that in an entire game where he never switched from Yellow Trinket, he placed THREE wards.

This is what mid-plat looks like. What a world.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.
Illaoi used to be an immovable object in Dominion's solo lane. Too bad her niche's been literally removed from the game. :rip:

:(

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Magic Rabbit Hat posted:

Illaoi used to be an immovable object in Dominion's solo lane. Too bad her niche's been literally removed from the game. :rip:

:(

She seems ok on Twisted Treeline.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
she's good in aram :v:

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Speaking of being terrible and in bronze, could I ask for some critique?

http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Leadout#2115323877
http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Leadout#2115249333

I think I kept my ADC suitably fed and watered in both, and did a fair amount of saving teammates from certain death later in the game, but I also screwed up a lot trying to save teammates from their own screwups and dying in the process. I'm also sure I'm screwing up in plenty of other ways that I'm not even aware of, so I come seeking enlightenment.

immediate thought before watching any of them(only going to watch the first one): there is a cap to CDR. i am not sure if you are aware but you can not have over 40% CDR and you have 60% CDR. this is not optimal.

early laning thoughts: in a 1v2 lane, you are playing binary(i rush in with the shield to attack! oh no, my shield is down, time to leave lane) instead of staying up in ashes grill and asking her if she has heard about jesus christ. this makes it very hard for you to get damage on her because by staying so far out of her range you are basically unable to get at her without telegraphing it 10 seconds in advance. even in the trench mmr, a janna running at someone with a shield is pretty clear bad news bears and signals the ashe to back off, so you are actually not zoning her at all with your antics. at some point around 3 mins in you could have flashed and MURDERED the ashe but backed off. you managed to get it anyway, but it was a pretty easy/free kill that you just kind of avoided because you are afraid to dive towers(..?)

but unfortunately all good things must come to an end and eventually their deadbeat bitch ekko comes back into the game and morgana takes her role as support. you have a significant level advantage, and could easily be forcing powerful trades using the incredible utility of jannas shield increasing damage and reducing damage taken, and your CC and passive utility, but instead you just kind of float around doing gently caress all until you decide it is time to fight and turn the switch on.

again, this is not actually working to your detriment here, but it is really weak laning to just sit around and wait to be healed up when you are not in any particular danger because it completely nullifies your lane presence. during one of your battle modes you pick off morgana(and gently caress up a janna tornado... aim where they are going to be, not where they are). then some poo poo goes down, you escape from a xin zhao, buy a sightstone but forget to swap your trinket out to the dewardy red thing. tsk tsk! i make the same mistake constantly and often forget trinkets exist so i can not be too harsh on you here. your lucian goes on some retarded solo mission and gets his rear end killed and you have to hold down the fort.

at this point you make a monumentally poor decision to solo fight the red buff ashe. i am not sure what went through your head but the result was an immediate and instantaneous regret. when playing support, you may be able to 1v1 the enemy adc, but not if they have more minions than you and have red buff. even if you had not tanked all of those caster minions she probably would have taken you to the hoops but it was especially egregious because there was an entire platoon of dudes ready to pounce on you when you initiated that fight. take into consideration these things. what if that ashe remembered she had ignite? you would have died out there and probably lost the lane singlehandedly off that.

during that dragon fight you could have lived if you used your ult to push ashe away and healed up. anyway you built an amplifying tome and forgot to get a pink ward. come on man! get your head in the game!! even if you have a pink ward still active in the game as a support you are not particularly limited by item slots and can feel free to pick up another one just in case the enemies clear your pink wards. you might also decide that since you are getting more control of the map that you could use a more aggressive pink ward and that your relatively passive river pink was not enough. flexibility is really useful here, and i am going to point out when your pink ward dies to point out how having that extra pink might be a pretty hot pickup.

at around 15 minutes you channeled your ult too long and died. i appreciate your candour in holding down janna ults but sometimes disengaging and dipping the gently caress out is more important than trying to get value ults off and make the best possible trades, and with your nautilus in rough shape against their entire enemy team trying to turn that fight around was a fools errand. anyway after spawning in you kind of just hosed off to go farm bot for some reason. was not a particularly good use of anybodys time, and saying "hey someone come farm this juicy wave bot" and then going mid to keep your guys from getting wrecked by the ashe would have been far more fruitful. what person would say no to free money?

at 18 minutes they killed your pink ward. "oh poo poo!" you cursed at your monitor, "now i must wait 3 seconds in the fountain to buy another one!" at 19:16 your team gets into a massive clusterfuck. you arrive to the scene at 19:24. lucian and nautilus are brutally annihilated at 19:21. i know that a good part of this is due to dillydallying but time efficiency is seriously really important in this game, and while this is a very overblown example had you had not been in fountain and been with your team the whole time you might have been able to disengage and keep it from ending disastrously. disengaging the lucian, letting him home back in as the pantheon pinches them... might have gone a little better. from a 4 for 5 loss to a 5 for 3 win.

at 20 minutes you hit 35% CDR. this is a good place for a person to say, "okay, i have a lot of CDR!" you take your large amounts of cdr and farm bot again. your whole team dies. but you get the money!! you continue building frozen heart, an item that would waste 5% of the CDR on it because you are already at 35% CDR. some poo poo goes down, then at around 23:45 your teemo starts attacking into a wind wall. it was pretty funny and i laughed at that. anyway your positioning in that fight was pretty bad, you just kind of tanked as janna and wedged yourself inbetween the enemy team for really no particular reason. you try channeling an ult while ignited before realizing the folly of your ways and hightail it out. had you been just with the lucian or the teemo you would not have had to leave and probably could have gotten off far more, but instead you had to use skills for your own survival instead of optimally protecting someone who is actually capable of doing damage. lucian pays the price for your sins and is viciously clubbed to death by ekko.

you then finish your inefficient frozen heart and work towards another CDR item, but this one is actually pretty good so i will let it slide. you take a really bizarre position in the dragon fight, not supporting but not actually zoning either, just floating around, and your indecisiveness gets your panthemyon killed and the dragon snatched from your hands. good ult at 26 minutes. you get caught out and die to a yasuo. it happens, not a lot really at fault here, just unfortunate positioning. your lucian keeps ulting into a wind wall. your team is full of dumbasses who are not familiar with what wind wall does and i love it

any way you pick up another one of those new fangled aegis things and get to work on turning it into a shield generating powerhouse. at this point you have an excess of armour, a reasonable amount of magic resist and a deficit of health. if you want to play tanky you should keep hp into consideration too. AP can actually be of use here as well, by giving yourself ap you buff up your shield. lots of resist is not terrible but without ap to make fat shields or health to make fat wind women you are still pretty frail(and resists have diminishing returns). lucian gets blown the gently caress out by an errant ashe arrow.

you have this really bad idea of support that you have to protect your ADC and at around 29 minutes you spend your time hanging out with lucian instead of protecting the warriors who are actually doing battle. lucian is just chilling under the tower. he does not need any assistance. it is okay to leave people alone to do what your heart tells you to(as long as it is not farming bot)

at 30 minutes you get out loving played by the sickest double pink ward trick i have ever seen in existance. god. drat. 10/10

then at 31 minutes you give me cancer by picking up an item that is almost primarily for CDR despite being well above the CDR cap. cut this out!! at 31 minutes you return to your favourite lane and instead of farming to push out the waves, warding over the wall to get safety in your jungle, you just hang out under tower. then when your pantheon valiantly jumps into battle you just gently caress off and leave him to die. dick move janna. so with pantheon, your main powerhouse dead, xin zhao plans a sneaky ambush to assassinate your beloved teeto -- which succeeds, taking out your secondary powerhouse. your battle with them, holding the ult, was in complete waste. what is nautilus going to do there????

at 35 minutes your team goes in, you nearly die but escape, then go back in and immediately die. your team also got wiped and you lost the game.

in conclusion throughout the entire game you showed huge patterns of indecisiveness and a disregard for the non adc members of your team which prevented you from fulfilling your job as the support role to its theoretical efficiency. furthermore, your many expenditures bot proved ultimately fruitless as janna does not do all that much with item builds and your item build was incredibly inefficient and very confusing so the money you did have was largely thrown away. some of your mechanics were spotty, but you ultimately have a decent grasp of how to play janna... just need a little refinement

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I'm really sad that zzrot is so popular. It was a favourite pocket item of mine since I saw a garen build it first item, he was unkillable and shoved super loving hard. Riot are going to nerf it into the ground now :(

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Yeah it's not as much fun now that it's mainstream :( used to roll up to the lane with the only zzrot and now I don't even finish it first

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
zz'rot/banner of command was my favorite build on supports. When I saw top laners in LCS build it I knew my secret FreeLo Green build was done for

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

henkman posted:

zz'rot/banner of command was my favorite build on supports. When I saw top laners in LCS build it I knew my secret FreeLo Green build was done for

Dude I was trying to hype this build MONTHS ago and people thought I was just bein goofy

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Thanks! Sarcastic and abusive but extremely helpful!

Yeah I kinda knew there was a CDR cap, but hadn't paid enough attention to it. I also think I was mixing up my Janna and Soraka bills. Looking at champion.gg, it looks like the FOTM is speed boots, whereas the CDR boots are on Soraka so she can get Warmogs. Anyway, I'll definitely keep that in mind in future!

And yeah the bot lane. I wasn't so much trying to farm it as trying to prevent us losing a second tower to creeps due to Lucian being never in lane. But yeah, ideally another teammate should've handled that.

In my defence, in that last fight, I said in chat that they were doing baron, but not to go in. Teemo and Naut went in anyway, without waiting for Lucian or Pantheon.

But yeah, I'll work on positioning and being more aggressive in laning. Thanks again!

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

Thanks! Sarcastic and abusive but extremely helpful!

I'm assuming you're responding to pog but you read either of those things in to it besides helpful???

Speaking of, would anyone mind giving their opinion on one of these games?

A losing Gangplank game, I have a problem with pushing waves into the tower basically endlessly.
http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Prokhor#2112294977

A win with Teemo where I play like hitler but then fall off a statistical cliff and can't close the game
http://www.replay.gg/search/na/Prokhor#2116199100

Prokhor fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Mar 6, 2016

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Prokhor posted:

I'm assuming you're responding to pog but you read either of those things in to it besides helpful???

I think you should apologise to Pog for failing to recognise a finely crafted piece of vitriol.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Prokhor posted:

to be fair my man i am pretty much a colossal prick

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Man I want pog boyfriend to watch one of my replays and tell me why I'm a piece of poo poo. It's entertaining as gently caress.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
http://na.op.gg/match/observer/id=2116225690

Tell me how to play kindred

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I want pog boyfriend to step on me and call me shithead

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

I think you should apologise to Pog for failing to recognise a finely crafted piece of vitriol.

hey at least he took the time to look through your replays not even I have the patience for reviewing other peoples' games

edit: on second thought building 65% cdr on Janna would piss me the gently caress off as well

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Learning Draven makes me feel as loving stupid as learning to ADC did in the first place. poo poo I take for granted, like being able to look at the minimap, or kiting, have become things I have to really really think about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seizure later
Apr 18, 2007
running someone down as draaaaaaaven feels the worst because you'll often outrun your axe blades and either have to step back to pick it up and have to use your speed boost again to catch back up or you drop the axe and suddenly all your damage is gone. it's an annoyance that you just don't have to think about with any other adc.

• Locked thread